As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

justice, like lightning!

ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
so now thunderbolts gets its own topic, goddammit.

every time this book comes out now, i like it more and more. this issue especially had good stuff, with inter-team stresses becoming apparent, as well as the shortcomings that exist in the members and in the dynamics of the team as a whole. i think it's shaping up to go some weird places

newsigs.jpg
Servo on

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    we had a thread already

I'm too lazy to look it up

Sars_Boy on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can't help but think why Osborn was chosen as a leader of these guys. Memory serves, the Sinister Six could be felled using punches and wits. Sure, he has a far more versatile crew...but I still don't see this as firm basis for Ellis to write him as a character that sort of has his shit together.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    we had a thread already

I'm too lazy to look it up

me too!

and if anyone else looks it up, i'll just lock it, so let's all play pretend, huh

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    I can't help but think why Osborn was chosen as a leader of these guys. Memory serves, the Sinister Six could be felled using punches and wits. Sure, he has a far more versatile crew...but I still don't see this as firm basis for Ellis to write him as a character that sort of has his shit together.

that's the thing though, is i don't even think he really sort of has his shit together. i really hope they get into the backstory of osborn and how he ended up in the position.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited March 2007
    "DID YOU JUST SAY SPIDER-MAN?"

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Have I ever told you guys how much I love Bullseye?

deadonthestreet on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Last page of newest TBolts is a MotW.

DarkPrimus on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Last page of newest TBolts is a MotW.

Who thought it was a good idea to put this man in charge? Who, God, WHO?

I liked Norman's moment with Venom this latest ish as well.
    Gargan is totally gonna lose the symbiote. Like, right after Spider-Man 3 comes out. 2, maybe 3 issues afterwards he keeps it, tops.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hay guys. I don't hate the book, but I fucking hate the team. Every single one of them. I know it won't happen for a good while, but I can't wait until they start going after people with real power, just to see them get monkey stomped.

Also, Zemo: Born Better is great.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Hay guys. I don't hate the book, but I fucking hate the team. Every single one of them. I know it won't happen for a good while, but I can't wait until they start going after people with real power, just to see them get monkey stomped.

Like Scarlet Spider. He'll make the T-bolts look like jokes.

Also, yes, Zemo: Born Better is great. I hope he can come back. I'd love to see more Zemo.

MiSTieOtaku on
    edited March 2007
    I'm still wondering who this Wendel Volker fellow is...besides being a murdering bastard, that is. He obviously means no good to Zemo, but I'm trying to figure out why he's so obsessed with the Zemo clan.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Poor man's Suicide Squad.

Terrorbyte on
    edited March 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

Like Scarlet Spider. He'll make the T-bolts look like jokes.

Also, yes, Zemo: Born Better is great. I hope he can come back. I'd love to see more Zemo.

Wait wait wait wait. Which Scarlet Spider? Memory serves, Ben Reilly's poor ass is dead. (His poor, poor ass.)

Calamity Jane on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So was Jack Flag reintroduced just so Marvel could portray him as awesome, then have him broken, to be as upsetting as possible, or will Marvel go somewhere with this?

Regina Fong on
    edited March 2007
    I'd say the former.

wwtMask on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, that's pretty much what this book is all about right now. Steel Spider will inevitably get his shit ruined. I would guess that it's all going to culminate in someone within the team (Songbird) or the New Avengers saying enough's enough, and putting an end to it. Probably not until the new-ness of registration wears off, though.

That's not to say this isn't a great showcase for some of these characters, and an opportunity for Marvel to test the waters before bringing them back toward the center of things.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "Put yourself in that mind: Then look at a giant radioactive Chinese man beating up white American super heroes."

"I believe that is what my government enjoy about the situation."

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How many 'spider' references until everyone other than his secretary realises he's insane.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We need this picture in this thread too.

img025sk3.gif

Sharp101 on
    edited March 2007
    Anyone have when he cracked up in front of his secretary? That was great too.

Malkor on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    stanleebolts.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who let Rob Liefield have a go at Stan Lee?

Wildcat on
    edited March 2007
    Stan's been doing it to himself. Who wants to be a Superhero was made to be satired.

Malkor on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh god, he looks horribly like an elderly Spider Jerusalem to me.

Wildcat on
    edited March 2007
    That's some good stuff. I think it's a testament to Ellis' writing that I absolutely loathe the Thunderbolts team, but I like the book itself. It's got a "people you love to hate" sort of thing going, and I keep reading because I want to be there when one of their targets fucks them up hardcore.

wwtMask on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm pulling for Stabbity Jones, myself.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can understand why Stabbity would be your first choice, but I think if you give the dude with the gas powered boots a second look you won't regret it.

*Hides his pay off from the "Big Oil" company. *

Caveman Paws on
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Stabbity Jones is a puss! Doomstomp all the way!

I mean, come on, gas-powered boots of death! I'm sorry, contest over. It's just that simple when you have a contest between some guy who likes knives, a pyromaniac, and a person who kills you with gas-powered boots. Now, if he could just find an alternative source of fuel for those boots, he could really win over the public.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jesus Christ, I was pointed at Ellis' original bit of Stabbity Jones fiction.
    "I'll kill the first piece of cockshit comes near me," giggled Stabbity
    Jones, the last legendary knifeman of the old West. He showed them his
    crooked penis, with the razorblades screwed into the head. "I'll fuck 'em
    to death and make 'em like it. Your daddies came cowshit up your mommies,
    and I'm Stabbity fucking Jones." He bounced in his testicle-hide boots,
    making the spikes in his nipples jangle. "Stabbity Jones will fight any
    man here and fuck 'em good as they bleed before my nekkidness."

Stabbity Jones was the last knifeman in the West. Everyone else had guns.

(c) Warren Ellis 2006

(SUBMUNITIONS: stories inside 100 words)

Synthetic Orange on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Warren Ellis is a sign of the Apocalypse.

Caveman Paws on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think the only criticism I have of the book is that Taskmaster isn't on the team. In his UDON costume. I'm not sure of the order of events in C&DP though, he may still be on the run.

Azrael on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The series keeps on getting better and better. It's obscene.

One question: on the page where Norman is talking to his secretary, all of a sudden in the last panel it looks like there a body hanging there and she looks surprised? What's going on there?

august on
    edited March 2007
    That's just him walking his crazy ass away.

Malkor on
    edited March 2007
    Oh, okay.

Kind of a weird angle or maybe I'm high.

august on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    no, I thought it was weird.

Looked like he started to float away.

Sharp101 on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Azrael wrote: »
    I think the only criticism I have of the book is that Taskmaster isn't on the team. In his UDON costume. I'm not sure of the order of events in C&DP though, he may still be on the run.

As far as I know, he's locked up in the Negative Zone prison. I don't think anyone's escaping from there any time soon.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »

As far as I know, he's locked up in the Negative Zone prison. I don't think anyone's escaping from there any time soon.

Well, if he was in there he could be recruited to the 'Bolts.

He was in Cable and Deadpool a few issues back, Deadpool broke him out of someplace (not the Negative Zone) and I'm unclear on when this was.

Azrael on
    edited March 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Well, if he was in there he could be recruited to the 'Bolts.

Yeah.

I mean, if he escaped, he couldn't really join the Tunderbolts now could he?

Also I'm itching to see how Ellis handles Robbie. Three issue, nuthin' yet.

august on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh my christ Norman is insane. But maybe less insane that Speedball.

deadonthestreet on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh my christ Norman is insane. But maybe less insane that Speedball.

Nah, EmoBall doesn't have Norman beat on craziness yet

Algertman on