As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Chat] Between Hitler and Anne Frank

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »
    You need to look no further to see the corrupt soul of this forum than to see attitudes towards the SO thread and the past children threads.

Basically the overall "spirit" of D&D is bitter and petty, no matter how liberated and open it may pretend to be.

You all basically hate happy breeders who may or may not believe in something higher.

We're nerds who in some cases have never properly known happiness. It is simply in our nature to rage when others get to enjoy it instead of us.

Nothing personal but Abloo Abloo Abloo, I don't know happiness so nobody else can.

Sounds a lot like "Think and feel the way I do or be smitten!"

I don't think it's so much "I don't know happiness so nobody else can", but more "While you're happy I'm fucking miserable, and you lampshading your happiness makes me more miserable".

I know I'd be reading that thread more and posting in it if I had a girlfriend instead of sitting here alone and drinking apple juice like a goddamned 5 year old.

yalborap on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm full of yams...maybe I will make the spinach.

It's funny, I've never felt the need to eat all of that old canned stuff that accumulates over the years...and here I am. I wonder what about me has changed.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    You need to look no further to see the corrupt soul of this forum than to see attitudes towards the SO thread and the past children threads.

Basically the overall "spirit" of D&D is bitter and petty, no matter how liberated and open it may pretend to be.

You all basically hate happy breeders who may or may not believe in something higher.

This post sounds very bitter and petty.

Ludious in a nutshell

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

This post sounds very bitter and petty.

No, I'm just pointing out how quickly "Happy" threads are torn to shreds here.

No, I'm just making a joke.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Huh. Photobucket deleted one of my pics for ToS violations.

The only reason I can think of is that it was called hitler-joke.jpg. And that's srs bsns!

Echo on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You don't choose to be happy but you DO choose to be miserable.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Echo wrote: »

The only reason I can think of is that it was called hitler-joke.jpg. And that's srs bsns!
    Hitler jokes are offensive to Nazis.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Personally, I disagree.

yalborap on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Get the fuck out you little shit.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    also gay

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I don't see how you can be able to make one choice and not be able to make the other.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i am a pretty happy person as a whole

sometimes i get some devastating depression

but that's not even an events in my life thing

that's a chemical problem

that i correct with medication

so whatever, i am generally a happy and optimistic person with hope and faith in the future

for example, i have been waiting all day to hear back from the apartment my girlfriend applied for. if they don't take us, we're in a really shitty spot. we have to have a place before september 1st, and it's getting down to crunch time and we might have to compromise our desired goals on a place in order to just get somewhere to live for now

which sucks ass, and i'm a little annoyed by it

but only a little. things will work out. we'll have an apartment before the end of the month, even if we gotta settle for something not as good or i gotta do some shitty things to get a deal, it'll work out.

just gotta have some hope and faith, kids

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Hitler jokes are offensive to Nazis.

It was Hitler at a Christmas party and a guy standing behind him looking sad and the text "If you think your Christmas sucked, at least you didn't go to the bathroom and have Hitler steal your seat."

Echo on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I don't see how you can be able to make one choice and not be able to make the other.

Easy. If you're surrounded by a terrible situation, nobody can expect you to be happy. But you can choose to not allow misery to swallow you whole.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Easy. If you're surrounded by a terrible situation, nobody can expect you to be happy. But you can choose to not allow misery to swallow you whole.

I am giving you a very, very, immensely, absolutely overwhelmingly dead pan stare right now, I just thought you should know.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    You're being a real jerk, Ludious. You'd be in deep shit if you weren't so goddamned good looking.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If Pony can be happy anybody can.

Ludious on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Life is good.

Candy is delicious.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Not really. You eventually run out of energy and can no longer constantly distract yourself.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    You're being a real jerk, Ludious. You'd be in deep shit if you weren't so goddamned good looking.

No. People poopooing the SO thread are being the jerks. Just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Life is good.

Candy is delicious.

20060712.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

your situation has to be really, really bad for you not to choose to be happy

i mean, shit, look at me

i choose to be happy, despite the bullshit that is my life

someone's gotta be really bad off

living in sudan

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And yet Pony, there are even some Sudanese people that keep their head held high (in a fox hole)

(covered in flies)

(starving)

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's all relative, people. It's all relative.

I thought we covered this.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I personally am I very happy person, I'm almost always in a good mood and am rather jolly and awfully laid back.

However, I learned a long, long time ago that just because I am one way, and something works for me, doesn't mean I can make blanket statements about humanity.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've never really gotten the point of relative happiness. It's like saying you should eat your peas because people in china are hungry.

I'm all like...I...I guess?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    now, depression

a lot of people who got depression got no say in the matter

no matter of positive thinking is going to pull you out of some clinical depression

that shit is chemical in your brain

folks who ain't sympathetic to that are pricks

might seem silly to some to abloo bloo over not having a girlfriend, for example, when there are girls getting gangraped on their way home from school in south africa

but depression don't give a shit about the relativity of how much your life sucks compared to others

your life could suck not at all and you can still get depressed

chemical imbalances don't give a fuck

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm happy because being sad is a bummer, man. That's ... that's a bummer.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Stop being dip-shitters.
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I've never really gotten the point of relative happiness. It's like saying you should eat your peas because people in china are hungry.

No it's more like "stop crying about having to eat peas because people in China are hungry and also their government is a bunch of assholes".

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    "Jesus had the best abs, he had the right idea. He knew: no pain, no gain."

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    :^: Indeed pony.

Man, I have no idea why people give you so much shit. More often than not you post some sound shit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree Pony. But people need to get their chemicals in check or stop tearing down happiness. We have cryfests in here all the time and that's fine but Good God forbid you have any happy discussion outside of an awful Joss Whedon show thread.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    War On Happiness

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But people need to get their chemicals in check or stop tearing down happiness.

But then the side effects of the chemicals made me sad. :(

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Stop being dip-shitters.
    Tarranon wrote: »

No it's more like "stop crying about having to eat peas because people in China are hungry and also their government is a bunch of assholes".

So? If person X has a shitty life, and person A has a shittier life, that doesn't make person Xs life not shitty.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Eh, sod it. I'm going to bed and reading Going Postal.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree Pony. But people need to get their chemicals in check or stop tearing down happiness. We have cryfests in here all the time and that's fine but Good God forbid you have any happy discussion outside of an awful Joss Whedon show thread.

You know you are being amazingly negative right now? I just skimmed the last page of the SO thread, seemed like the vast majority of it was positive stuff, so stop crying okay?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The Axe bad hair crisis bullshit makes me want to choke a bitch.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So? If person X has a shitty life, and person A has a shittier life, that doesn't make person Xs life not shitty.

Yeah, people need to stop the stupid guilt by comparison thing.

A hobo's life doesn't suck as much as a one-legged hobo's life, but it still sucks bad enough.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    God, being blind in one eye really sucks sometimes. Mundane shit reminds me.

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.