As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Chat] Between Hitler and Anne Frank

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    God, being blind in one eye really sucks sometimes. Mundane shit reminds me.

Stop your whining there's some dude in Brazil who is blind in one eye and who also stubbed his toe.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    God, being blind in one eye really sucks sometimes. Mundane shit reminds me.

*hug*

yalborap on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    being blind in one eye just distracts you from your real disability (zionism)

Ludious on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    I agree Pony. But people need to get their chemicals in check or stop tearing down happiness. We have cryfests in here all the time and that's fine but Good God forbid you have any happy discussion outside of an awful Joss Whedon show thread.

well, acknowledging you even have a problem and actively choosing to try to ameliorate is the most important step to fixing it

example: i sometimes get depressive episodes. bad ones. black, horrible pits of despair where i am just a total asshole to people around me and i am impossible to make happy and if i'm not crying i am being a tremendous dick to others to bring them down.

i don't have control over when this happens. it is a chemical problem. my life has shitty parts but even it's shittiest parts don't excuse that behavior.

but, i can acknowledge when this happens and recognize it and do my best to minimize it. sometimes that means just outright telling people "i am in a shitty mood and i am going to stay home and play video games and read, i don't feel like going out"

or i will go out, but with friends i know who are down with that and can handle me when i'm blue and pissy

i know how my shit works and how to deal, to the best extent i can

Pony on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Axe bad hair crisis bullshit makes me want to choke a bitch.

Yeah, Axe is bullshit. It's totally fucked up that their entire marketing platform is designed to play on the insecurities of teenage boys. I don't really understand how a society can accept behavior that is little other than an assault on the minds of some of it's most vulnerable members.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Stop being dip-shitters.
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I've never really gotten the point of relative happiness. It's like saying you should eat your peas because people in china are hungry.

I'm all like...I...I guess?

No it's more like "stop crying about having to eat peas because people in China are hungry and also their government is a bunch of assholes".

So? If person X has a shitty life, and person A has a shittier life, that doesn't make person Xs life not shitty.

I believe that people probably take this idea too far and apply it to situations like "your parents just got murdered? well someone's whole family was just murdered, suck it up" where it doesn't belong. It works very well in lesser contexts where people complain about situations that aren't very difficult or are petty. I also think that it shouldn't be used strictly as a tool of judgment for one person to lord over another but rather a tool that someone can use on themselves. I mean if I am currently lamenting the fact that I can't buy "Superfluous Purchase #256" I am a spoiled brat and should consider that there are many other people who are less fortune than I am. By acknowledging these other people my own problems seem smaller in comparison and I become stronger as a result.

Nothing is relative, it's just at some point whatever someone is crying about is in fact stupid and they should feel ridiculous for crying about it and even should feel grateful that all they have to cry about is petty nonsense like "oh I don't have enough money to maintain my luxurious lifestyle".

Additionally, I never said I agreed with the explanation I gave above as you assumed I did, I was just explaining the idea to Tarranon.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    being blind in one eye just distracts you from your real disability (zionism)

I'm no Zionist, you goon.

Organichu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sarksus: K.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    redx wrote: »

Yeah, Axe is bullshit. It's totally fucked up that their entire marketing platform is designed to play on the insecurities of teenage boys. I don't really understand how a society can accept behavior that is little other than an assault on the minds of some of it's most vulnerable members.

hilariously enough, i wear axe

everyone is like "losers and douchebags and nerdy dorks wear axe"

and i am like "well, i guess that's the case for me too, eh"

then they shuffle their feet and are like "well, i mean not everybody is like..."

i say "no it's cool i'm totally a douchebag" and then i pop my collar 8-)

i have been complimented on my smell before, pretty funny to me

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't wear any kind of cologne or body spray or scent type thing.

It's not that I think it makes me better or worse than someone who does, it's just really something I never think about.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pony wrote: »

then they shuffle their feet and are like "well, i mean not everybody is like..."

All of those people are spineless. I would be like "yeah you're a douchebag why don't you crawl inside of a vagina wait that's not an insult God damnit".

Sarksus on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't have a problem with people wearing cologne or deodorant or spray or whatever. More power to you. Smelling good is infinitely better than smelling bad. Some people don't need to smell like anything. I just hate their commercials. Even moreso that they come up when I am watching South Park online and stuff.

Though, I always found it's nice to have at least one bottle of cologne lying around.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had terrible associations with axe in high school, but a few people at my work wear it and I actually like the smell on a few of them. I might have to give it...or something similar another look.

By contrast, I have never smelled a perfume I liked.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wear Axe Kilo Deodorant and use Axe Kilo bodywash.

It's nice and subtle. I do not wear cologne otherwise.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

yeah really not all of it is awful, but being a white male I don't get to play the victim much, so I don't miss the chance when it comes along.

redx on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I used to use Old Spice body spray but I had no idea how much to use so I decided to just forget it and now I just rely on deodorant. I assume that body spray is less potent than cologne. I really hope so.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Heheh... during one of my classes, right in the middle of the lecture, a kid starts wheeling in the classes trashcan after having emptied it earlier. However, I notice that he's wheeling it past where it belongs when he suddenly stops in the middle of the class room and someone stands up from inside the trash can, a can of axe in both hands, spraying madly until both cans are depleted. He promptly ducks back into the trashcan and is wheeled out of the room.

God, that room stank for days.

Anyway, I'm off go to deposit a check and buy some blank CDs, toodles.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Old Spice spray smells a lot better than Axe.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't have a problem with people wearing cologne or deodorant or spray or whatever. More power to you. Smelling good is infinitely better than smelling bad. Some people don't need to smell like anything. I just hate their commercials. Even moreso that they come up when I am watching South Park online and stuff.

Though, I always found it's nice to have at least one bottle of cologne lying around.

oh yeah axe's ad campaign is terrible

although it led to the one funny thing that happened the one new year's party i was at

the girl i was porking was cuddled up to my left side, a female friend was sitting on my lap, her friend was on my right, and another friend of mine was curled around my legs

because by golly i am a cuddly guy and my female friends like cuddling with me

one of the dudes at the party was ragging on Axe and was like "their commercials are retarded they're all like use Axe and women will be all over you, it's so retarded"

and i am like

"well dude, i dunno, i wear axe and right now i am literally covered in women."

obviously those two things are barely related but watching him backpedal and frown was amusing

Pony on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

yeah really not all of it is awful, but being a white male I don't get to play the victim much, so I don't miss the chance when it comes along.

The problem isn't the smell so much as the copious amounts most people use of it, mostly idiotic teens. If kids sprayed on that much Old Spice it'd probably start to get a bad wrap as well. Also, the advertising is stupid enough that I would actively buy a competing brand out of spite if they were the only two options.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I used to use Old Spice body spray but I had no idea how much to use so I decided to just forget it and now I just rely on deodorant. I assume that body spray is less potent than cologne. I really hope so.

Old Spice has some really great smelling deodorant. There have been a handful of times that people have asked me why I smell so good and all they were smelling was the deodorant.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The thing about the axe spray is that it's potent. If you spray axe on yourself, people can smell you from like a room away. Or maybe that's just how them durn teenagers wear it. I throw on a spritz of the Ralph Lauren. I don't want everybody smelling it, just people who somehow end up planting their nose in my jawline somehow.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »

Old Spice has some really great smelling deodorant. There have been a handful of times that people have asked me why I smell so good and all they were smelling was the deodorant.

Yeah I really like their Pure Sport deodorant. I tried the Swagger and it's alright too but I think the Pure Sport probably goes better with my body soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wear Axe Kilo Deodorant and use Axe Kilo bodywash.

It's nice and subtle. I do not wear cologne otherwise.

i use Axe Touch bodyspray and Axe Touch bodywash

i also don't wear cologne

i've worn Touch for years now, it works well for me

the trick to any kind of scent you add to yourself (perfume, cologne, deodorant, even shampoo) is to find the scent that synergizes with your body chemistry

everyone has their own chemistry and their own individual scent

what smells good on one person doesn't necessarily work on someone else

Touch works well for me. people compliment me on it, people like it, i like it, so it works

Touch might not work on someone else

so if Kilo works for you, stick with it.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Adidas deodorant is excellent, by the way.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Eww I don't use the spray. I use the stick.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2009
    Mad Max rules.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I also use Axe from time to time and have gotten many compliments on my smell.

If I am going fancier though I wear Brut.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lush Body Spray.

That stuff is spectacular and comes in a regular spray bottle rather than a pressurized can.

Quid on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The thing about the axe spray is that it's potent. If you spray axe on yourself, people can smell you from like a room away. Or maybe that's just how them durn teenagers wear it. I throw on a spritz of the Ralph Lauren. I don't want everybody smelling it, just people who somehow end up planting their nose in my jawline somehow.

Which is the point of cologne. You aren't trying to stink up a room, it should really only be noticeable to someone necking you.

I'm a mitchum man (unscented) for deodorant and have a bottle of 'armani-mania' from like 3 christmases ago. I have actually had compliments on it once or twice so I might just keep using that when it runs out.

*edit*
    Oh, and some sort of 'mountain forest view' thing for soap.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    The problem isn't the smell so much as the copious amounts most people use of it, mostly idiotic teens. If kids sprayed on that much Old Spice it'd probably start to get a bad wrap as well. Also, the advertising is stupid enough that I would actively buy a competing brand out of spite if they were the only two options.

well, look at who it is aimed at. They are probably going to do it anyway. Now, their commercials do encourage that, so it is not like they are totally blameless or anything.

redx on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Eww I don't use the spray. I use the stick.

you basically gotta be conservative with the spray

the commercials are like HOSE YOURSELF IN THIS SHIT ALL OVER YOUR CHEST AND PITS WHOOOOO

it's like, ugh, that is not necessary at all

you give your pits enough so that, you know, it actually works as deodorant

and then you are good

spraying across the chest is too much and un-necessary and probably a lot of why people just reek of Axe instead of having a pleasant smell that works with their body

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Lush Body Spray.

That stuff is spectacular and comes in a regular spray bottle rather than a pressurized can.

Lush products in general are amazing

i had a jar of Lush shaving cream that was so wonderful

it's also like $arm/leg so i don't buy it

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just copy Quid.

I have the Lush Ice Blue body soap and it smells awesome. Gonna try the Demon in the Dark next.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think I saw a Lush store when I was in Santa Monica a few days ago. I should have stepped in.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tea tree body wash is actually pretty amazing. The scent is great.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd weep if they stopped making Old Spice High Endurance

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tea tree body wash is actually pretty amazing. The scent is great.

when i had some of it, i would spray my face with tea tree oil after shaving

it was so very nice

if i had the money i would buy more Lush products

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    so, i just got a call

my girlfriend was in a car accident

she's okay

but jesus fucking christ

today is not a great day

first the apartment we applied for doesn't call us, leaving us hanging over whether we got it or not (looking like we didn't) and now this

could use a hug right about now

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.