As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    I have my new death swag:
    504x_santamonica.jpg

Picked up an extra one at the beach this morning. Sealed, with some Bioshock 2 poster dealies inside.

Uhoh, looks like Trotsky just raised the level of zazz for booty.

that is pretty zazzy.

You were up at sunrise for that? o_O

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »

I'm usually up around 7 anyway...didn't take much to get up 2 hours earlier. Or do you mean for *that*, being the useless swag? :P Either way it was fun, met some new people (one of whom bought me breakfast :P)

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2009

I'm usually up around 7 anyway...didn't take much to get up 2 hours earlier. Or do you mean for *that*, being the useless swag? :P Either way it was fun, met some new people (one of whom bought me breakfast :P)

Well it's not necessarily "useless" since anything that's free is cool. But you'd think they could have done something a bit more imaginative. With marketing campaigns like this, companies have the chance to go anywhere they want with it, but I find that it's all hype with very little follow through.

Sumi on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well it's not necessarily "useless" since anything that's free is cool. But you'd think they could have done something a bit more imaginative. With marketing campaigns like this, they have the chance to go anywhere they want with it, but I find that it's all hype with very little follow through.

Yah, I wanted a dude in a Big Daddy suit to climb out of the ocean or something. Apparently in Santa Monica some guy from Naughty Dog was there handing out free copies of Uncharted and DLC =(

tr0tsky on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have my new death swag:
    504x_santamonica.jpg

Picked up an extra one at the beach this morning. Sealed, with some Bioshock 2 poster dealies inside.

:shock:

I am going to murder the shit out of you

The_Reflection on
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kit ordered. I appreciate it's relative cheapness, compared to Buttoneering and such.

See you on the killing fields!

Edit: Is death swag customary? Should I be thinking of something interesting to give away?

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • LiberaltugboatLiberaltugboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    first post...

Just ordered my kit! I am freakin stoked to play.
    I need to figure out something awesome to bring as my booty
    Hmm...

Liberaltugboat on
    edited August 2009
    MoreGrease wrote: »
    Kit ordered. I appreciate it's relative cheapness, compared to Buttoneering and such.

See you on the killing fields!

Edit: Is death swag customary? Should I be thinking of something interesting to give away?

It's totally your choice.. but making swag and getting it when you made a kill made things all that much better.

I am going to make a little figurine.. though I don't know of what yet. :P

Sumi on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've made another revision to the badge layout due to some supply problems. Basically, the badge will no longer be two pieces, it will just be a card. You will still recieve a KillTag, it will just now be seperate from the Badge from the beginning. With the extra real estate this gives me on the card, I was able to get the Badge Code much larger, so I think this may work out to be one of those happy accidents. You can see an example of the new layout here.

RULES
    Also, we have the first draft of rules up. I'll be adding some information on how to do scoring this week, but take a look and let me know if there's anything you don't feel is clear. Check them out here.

MarsChelios on
  • OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The rules make the game much easier to understand when you've never played before.

Oroso on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've made another revision to the badge layout due to some supply problems. Basically, the badge will no longer be two pieces, it will just be a card. You will still recieve a KillTag, it will just now be seperate from the Badge from the beginning.
    is it not an option to have a tear off? i only ask because when you see someone without their tear off, it makes it a bit easier for those of us with poor eye sight to determine that they're not a target at all.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited August 2009
    Can you gather intel during the whole game or only once you have been assassinated?

And if there's no tear off, how do we know if someone's been killed yet?

Sumi on
    edited August 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    I've made another revision to the badge layout due to some supply problems. Basically, the badge will no longer be two pieces, it will just be a card. You will still recieve a KillTag, it will just now be seperate from the Badge from the beginning.
    is it not an option to have a tear off? i only ask because when you see someone without their tear off, it makes it a bit easier for those of us with poor eye sight to determine that they're not a target at all.

I'm moving to the regular cards because the tear-off cards are backordered and won't arrive in time to be of use.

I do need to come up with a way to show players who have been assasinated but are stll playing in the Secondary Tier. My first thought is to play around with the badge layout so that players can flip the badge upside-down when they're assasinated and still have a readable Badge Code. I'll look into this tonight when I get home.
    Can you gather intel during the whole game or only once you have been assassinated?

You can gather Intel at any time. I'll try to revise the wording to make that clearer.

MarsChelios on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I want my code to be "Why Lover"

sum10fishy on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay, my kit is ordered!

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
    edited August 2009
    Yes!!

Found booty!
    2273398150101416252S600x600Q85.jpg

Extra ammo, a 1up, and an overshield. All good finds on any dead body. Don't you think?

sum10fishy on
    edited August 2009
    Revised layout! Similar to last year, you will flip your Badge over to denote you have been assasinated. Updated preview file can be found here. The rules have also been revised to the Badge layout changes and comments. You can view the revised rules here.

MarsChelios on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mars,

Do we have to order our kit in advance or can we drop you the $4 at PAX?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for putting this together, sounds fun. I just put in my order for a few kits. Even though my friends say "no" to playing now I know they'll throw on the armband when i give it to them and geek out with me. :D

ravemonger on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ravemonger wrote: »
    Thanks for putting this together, sounds fun. I just put in my order for a few kits. Even though my friends say "no" to playing now I know they'll throw on the armband when i give it to them and geek out with me. :D
    If they don't play, can you be sure to recruit new people in the line before pax? It'd suck to have those as a target with nobody playing them, since our odds of finding our target would be reduced.

Also, just read through the rules, Mars, very well written and clear. You have a knack for writing instruction manuals!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    If they don't play, can you be sure to recruit new people in the line before pax? It'd suck to have those as a target with nobody playing them, since our odds of finding our target would be reduced.

But of course.

ravemonger on
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ravemonger wrote: »

That's SUCH a great idea!!

I think I'll order a few more kits just for that very purpose!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited August 2009
    Wow, guys! We're up to 57 kits ordered, over halfway to the 100 person limit. We're going to keep the ordering system up until sometime next week. After that you'll still be able to order kits, but shipping will be disabled and you'll have to pick them up Thursday/Friday (Sorry for the delay in answering your question, Qs23).

I'm going to start printing cards tonight and will start shipping things off this weekend. Thanks so much for playing guys!

MarsChelios on
    edited August 2009
    57? wow, shit's gettin CRAZY UP IN HERRR!
    XD
    what was the player count last year?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2009
    We had around 100 people last year, hopefully we'll get close to that this year.

MarsChelios on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I uh I remember registering, but I'm not on the list. But you say there's over 50 and only have 30+ listed. I'm just paranoid I forgot to register or something.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just placed an order for 4 more kits, I'll make sure that they get used!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just place my order for a kit. I had a great time playing it last year; managed to get two people! I still think it's great that last year's winner was a 12-year old girl.

Come to think of it, I still have the zombie t-shirts from last year that were my loot drop if I got killed (except for the Medium size that I gave to Gabe).

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
    edited August 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I uh I remember registering, but I'm not on the list. But you say there's over 50 and only have 30+ listed. I'm just paranoid I forgot to register or something.

The list is based off people who post that they're playing in the thread, I don't use the Google information except to verify a kits been ordered by someone. The total number of kits is based off the number of kits ordered. You should be able to check on your order by logging into checkout.google.com, but if you have a question PM me and I'll help you out.

We went from 57 to 63 kits ordered today. If this keeps up I may have to order some more armbands! Speaking of ordering, 50 of these babies were ordered today.
    15_INCH_TEMPLATE_MALE.jpg

I'm going to be ordering another 50 for the ladies this weekend, but figured I would give you some choice. I've provided some examples below but feel free to suggest your own colors, styles, etc.
    PROJECT_M_CREATOR_1.jpg
    PROJECT_M_CREATOR_2.jpg

MarsChelios on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yup i'm in

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not that I'm a lady or nothing but I like women with long hair. Just sayin'. Dunno how I feel about the tears though. Makes it more cute I think.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh snap, guess who just joined!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2009
    HotSake wrote: »
    Oh snap, guess who just joined!

Swear to God, Mars and are are sitting at sushi right now and I just said I was going to get in touch with you to see if you had signed up yet. I am totally psychic. Glad you're on board!

sum10fishy on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not that I'm a lady or nothing but I like women with long hair. Just sayin'. Dunno how I feel about the tears though. Makes it more cute I think.

"The lap dance is always better when the stripper is crying". I am so sorry to have quoted that.

Mars, as usual, you reek of professionalism.

redhalo on
  • awitelintstaawitelintsta Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to be ordering another 50 for the ladies this weekend, but figured I would give you some choice.

I love the teary-eyed one. It's adorable.

awitelintsta on
    http://awitelintsta.gamerdna.com/
    Roleplayer, Pirate, and 2009 Omeganaut :D
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to be ordering another 50 for the ladies this weekend, but figured I would give you some choice.

This is Assassins! Nothing should be "adorable".

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • basserbasser Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Last year I couldn't find anyone with a badge, and the first person I did find, I excitedly showed them my badge and how I was playing too, and they promptly killed me. Dx

Possibly this year will prove more fortuitous in who I find in lines!

basser on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    2327178KMZwS.png
    I am Paladin, short and stout,
    Here is my hammer, here is my mount,
    When I see the Horde you'll hear me shout,
    Time to pop a bubble and hearth right out!
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

This is Assassins! Nothing should be "adorable".

Those aren't for Assassins. That's for the new game coming soon to a PAX near you.

sum10fishy on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

"The lap dance is always better when the stripper is crying". I am so sorry to have quoted that.

Mars, as usual, you reek of professionalism.

Way to keep it classy man.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I ordered one.

I hope I survive for more than five minutes!

HikariStarshine on
This discussion has been closed.