As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    Y'know, if she had just not slept with some other dude, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Also-I would have been wayyy more concerned than pissed off if my girlfriend had vanished for a few days without me being able to get in touch with them. Like, first thought- maybe she got hurt. FIRST PRIORITY- talk to parents. Don't just leave a message, actually TALK TO THEM.
    I was thinking the same thing. When I try to call someone after they've been unreachable for a few days I usually think "car wreck" instead of "hates me now" (since really, how often does anybody just spontaneously decide to stop contacting anyone, let alone their SO, for no good reason?).

I do have to say, though, that putting it all on youtube is kinda... shitty. Perhaps not as shitty as fucking some other dude when her boyfriend could be dead for all she knows, but it was still private stuff.

Duffel on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gammarah wrote: »
    My favorite part,
    To deny this, is to deny your very soul

its like, wtf? Who says that?

DrByronOrpheus.JPG

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Gammarah wrote: »
    My favorite part,
    To deny this, is to deny your very soul

its like, wtf? Who says that?

DrByronOrpheus.JPG

hahahaha :^:

Gammarah on
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy fucking shit, that was awesome. :lol:

I can only imagine the conversation between JD's mother and Em upon her arrival to be a crazy bitch in person.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Y'know, if she had just not slept with some other dude, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Also-I would have been wayyy more concerned than pissed off if my girlfriend had vanished for a few days without me being able to get in touch with them. Like, first thought- maybe she got hurt. FIRST PRIORITY- talk to parents. Don't just leave a message, actually TALK TO THEM.
    I was thinking the same thing. When I try to call someone after they've been unreachable for a few days I usually think "car wreck" instead of "hates me now" (since really, how often does anybody just spontaneously decide to stop contacting anyone, let alone their SO, for no good reason?).

I do have to say, though, that putting it all on youtube is kinda... shitty. Perhaps not as shitty as fucking some other dude when her boyfriend could be dead for all she knows, but it was still private stuff.

Yeah I actually kinda sympathized with the girl right up until she cheated (? :P) on him, regardless of all the crazy. I'm not sure I'd classify putting it up on youtube as a shitty thing for him to do (although again that's totally down to the cheating part) but it was more depressing than "haha, crazy girl got what she deserved".

edit: plus I was actually hoping they worked it out at the end...I know I know O_o

Ed321 on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The crazy part for me in that story is that the guy never once called his girlfriend from Europe. Never once used an internet cafe to check his email. He basically cut all ties and fell off the planet for two weeks.
    Do people do that?

I mean, he didn't even call the girlfriend from the airport or anything. Sure, he told her about it before hand but she has to be a completely self-absorbed ditz to have not paid any attention at all. Preparing for a two week trip through Europe calls for a lot of prep work. She was somehow left out of all of that?

So curious, I read the guys other stories on his blog. It's like reading Letters to Penthouse or something. I don't know if he's exaggerating and taking dramatic license with his stories, or just completely making them up. But they seem a little over the top to me.

Selner on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Selner wrote: »
    The crazy part for me in that story is that the guy never once called his girlfriend from Europe. Never once used an internet cafe to check his email. He basically cut all ties and fell off the planet for two weeks.
    Do people do that?

I mean, he didn't even call the girlfriend from the airport or anything. Sure, he told her about it before hand but she has to be a completely self-absorbed ditz to have not paid any attention at all. Preparing for a two week trip through Europe calls for a lot of prep work. She was somehow left out of all of that?

So curious, I read the guys other stories on his blog. It's like reading Letters to Penthouse or something. I don't know if he's exaggerating and taking dramatic license with his stories, or just completely making them up. But they seem a little over the top to me.

I dunno, he supposedly kept telling her beforehand that he was going (or "mentioning") to Europe for the two weeks - it's not unusual for someone to say "Oh I'm going to be gone for two weeks, it'll be impossible to contact me during that time". Then again it's odd for him not to leave at least an emergency number or something with her. I find it pretty hard to believe that his gf didn't know he was going to Europe. I know I'd always have at least one long conversation with my ex's whenever I went anywhere for that period of time - y'know the usual "I'll miss you/don't worry about me/Do you want anything special from this country" etc. But that's all pretty moot in the face of ending everything after less than a week and cheating on him. Still like you say it's probably meant to be a joke or something.

Ed321 on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I would say that's fake simply hoping that no one could be that clueless.

EDIT

Gotta be fake. Unless she thought the relationship was way way way more serious than it actually was. I'd imagine that a serious relationship has communication that doesn't consist of eMails stating "Me and the girls are going out tonight. Ya'll should come!"

Sheep on
  • BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm sort of skeptical. I mean, what couple uses email as the basis for their communication? Completely impractical. Also, it seems like he could have easily checked his email from an internet cafe or the like. Even some hotels offer free computers. He would have had to gone out of his way to completely block himself from the outside world.

Bearcat on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bearcat wrote: »
    I'm sort of skeptical. I mean, what couple uses email as the basis for their communication? Completely impractical. Also, it seems like he could have easily checked his email from an internet cafe or the like. Even some hotels offer free computers. He would have had to gone out of his way to completely block himself from the outside world.

Why the fuck would you want to check your e-mail on vacation? Never mind that your cell phone isn't guaranteed to work overseas and I believe that international calls/roaming is pretty expensive.

Personally, I don't keep in touch with anyone when I'm on vacation.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just don't get how they correspond through email... that's what confuses me.

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just don't get how they correspond through email... that's what confuses me.

In the guys blog he mentions a shit ton of txts, voice mails, etc.

It guess its just that the emails are the only things he kept since it happened 2 years ago and gmail is forever.

Namrok on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Why the fuck would you want to check your e-mail on vacation?

The world back home doesn't stop when you leave.

Sheep on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Bearcat wrote: »

Why the fuck would you want to check your e-mail on vacation? Never mind that your cell phone isn't guaranteed to work overseas and I believe that international calls/roaming is pretty expensive.

Personally, I don't keep in touch with anyone when I'm on vacation.

I'm with you. The whole point of going on vacation is to get away from it all.

RocketSauce on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    Why the fuck would you want to check your e-mail on vacation?

The world back home doesn't stop when you leave.

Good for the world at home. I'm on vacation and I don't have to care until I get back.

Oh I finally have a crazy girl story.

So I'm IMing this girl and I tell her I googled her name. Mainly to see if she had a myspace and whatnot and partially so I could verify she wasn't a Nigerian scammer after my precious kidneys. It's online dating I play it safe.

She flipped the hell out. She asked if I was stalking her then when I explained why I did she said that was only okay for girls to do not guys. She went further and said that i was judging her personality of her online persona and that doing that made me an awful person. I explained again that wasn't my intent but she decided to just keep calling me stalker.

I decided to say goodbye after that.

She apparently mellowed out the next day but I decided to just block her. God knows what would happen if I met her in real life.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Um... googling someone's name is kinda stalkerish. I should know, I've stalked many a ladies by doing just that.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Um... googling someone's name is kinda stalkerish. I should know, I've stalked many a ladies by doing just that.

What decade do you live in? In a world where instead of exchanging phone numbers, people just tell you to facebook them, that is not at all stalkerish by itself.

I'm not saying you should frantically google every girl you talk to, or use those google results to look into things she did in girl scouts years ago, but googling someone's name itself is not stalkerish in today's world.

Nocturne on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the crazy part is not that she freaked out, but that she said it's only okay for girls to do it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

What decade do you live in? In a world where instead of exchanging phone numbers, people just tell you to facebook them, that is not at all stalkerish by itself.

I'm not saying you should frantically google every girl you talk to, or use those google results to look into things she did in girl scouts years ago, but googling someone's name itself is not stalkerish in today's world.

It's dating site etiquette. I know I'd be freaked out if someone told me they found all my facebook stuff or all my myspace stuff without my permission. You just don't do that kind of thing on a dating site.
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I think the crazy part is not that she freaked out, but that she said it's only okay for girls to do it.

Exactly.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

We were well past communicating on the Date site. We were talking about meeting up for an actual date. She lives about 100 miles away so I wasn't keen on driving all that way to get mugged or something.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited August 2009

We were well past communicating on the Date site. We were talking about meeting up for an actual date. She lives about 100 miles away so I wasn't keen on driving all that way to get mugged or something.

That's when you ask her if she has a facebook/myspace. Some people like to have the whole world look at their stuff. Other people try to keep it hidden away from others.

Look at it this way... unless they offer up or you ask for someone's address, you shouldn't be looking it up in the whitepages and showing up at their doorstep. While the info is public information, it's kinda stalkerish to look it up instead of just asking.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just compare it to googling a potential employee after an interview. Some think it should be illegal. Others think it's your fault for putting that stuff online.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

That's when you ask her if she has a facebook/myspace. Some people like to have the whole world look at their stuff. Other people try to keep it hidden away from others.

Look at it this way... unless they offer up or you ask for someone's address, you shouldn't be looking it up in the whitepages and showing up at their doorstep. While the info is public information, it's kinda stalkerish to look it up instead of just asking.

What the fuck? That is the worst analogy. Those two things are nothing alike.

It's more like making sure they aren't on the sex offender registry before going on a date with them.

Nocturne on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dracil wrote: »
    Just compare it to googling a potential employee after an interview. Some think it should be illegal.

...and those people are dumb and have no idea what the right to privacy is. As long as they aren't using it to deny you employment based off things like marital status etc.

If you are a part of an S&M community or something else out of the ordinary you probably shouldn't have your real name associated with any of it.

Edit: Almost all of the social networking sites have privacy settings that prevent people from looking at your info.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Googling someone's name is not stalkerish, not in the least. In this day and age, especially in the teen to twenties generation, your information is (often willingly) put out there for anyone to see in some form or another, and Google is about as broad a search as you can get.

Now, Googling her address and then showing up on her doorstep without consent...that's stalking.

Halfmex on
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just compare it to googling a potential employee after an interview. Some think it should be illegal. Others think it's your fault for putting that stuff online.

...and those people are dumb and have no idea what the right to privacy is. As long as they aren't using it to deny you employment based off things like marital status etc.

If you are a part of an S&M community or something else out of the ordinary you probably shouldn't have your real name associated with any of it.

Edit: Almost all of the social networking sites have privacy settings that prevent people from looking at your info.

Pretty sure I had that bolded part in there originally.

It's one thing about social networking sites. A lot of people are dumb/lazy and don't know how to set it or have other sites out there or have their name+"exploits" mentioned in other people's sites.

Also, naivety.

Is it stalkerish to check someone's name on Megan's Law?

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Pretty sure I had that bolded part in there originally.

It's one thing about social networking sites. A lot of people are dumb/lazy and don't know how to set it or have other sites out there or have their name+"exploits" mentioned in other people's sites.

Also, naivety.

Is it stalkerish to check someone's name on Megan's Law?

I was merely commenting on the first subset of people who think it should be illegal and not the people who have a reasonable understanding how privacy works.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

What the fuck? That is the worst analogy. Those two things are nothing alike.

It's more like making sure they aren't on the sex offender registry before going on a date with them.

My whole point is that it's easier and a lot less stalkerish to just ask a person if they have myspace/facebook. While I expect an employer to do background checks/internet searches on me, I don't exactly expect someone on a dating site to do so without asking for the information first.

I mean, jesus, it's someone you're trying to date. If you can't ask them that kind of information how the hell do you plan on getting along with them when you do meet them?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I mean, jesus, it's someone you're trying to date. If you can't ask them that kind of information how the hell do you plan on getting along with them when you do meet them?

On the flipside, why are you paranoid and trying to keep your myspace away from a potential date? How do you plan on getting along with them if you don't want them to read the shit you put out in public anyway? Personally I fully expected anyone that saw me on the online dating site I went on to look up my myspace or facebook or whatever. I mean I already know they're trying to judge me anyway. If they have a problem with what I put on my myspace or if I think something on there might turn them away from me then I don't want to date 'em anyway.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

On the flipside, why are you paranoid and trying to keep your myspace away from a potential date? How do you plan on getting along with them if you don't want them to read the shit you put out in public anyway? Personally I fully expected anyone that saw me on the online dating site I went on to look up my myspace or facebook or whatever. I mean I already know they're trying to judge me anyway. If they have a problem with what I put on my myspace or if I think something on there might turn them away from me then I don't want to date 'em anyway.

This.
    If you expect us to do shit together, might as well make sure we're into the same things first. What harm can it do?

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you google my name it mostly comes up with a dude who reviews sci-fi books and television (if you use the one I go by) or my deceased great-uncle (if you use my full name.)

I imagine either would mostly just confuse prospective dates.

Salvation122 on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I own property in Asia/am an Irish catholic priest.

Oh Google and Asian Names.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I own property in Asia/am an Irish catholic priest.

Oh Google and Asian Names.

I'm a dog and a judo master...at the same time!

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just compare it to googling a potential employee after an interview. Some think it should be illegal.

Absolutely true. Which brings up an important issue: when everything is online, and privacy barriers are broken down, will we as a society let go of our antiquated and puritanical conception of how people act?

TL DR on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really regret collaborating with two other guys in the transcription of some death metal band's lyrics about 12 years ago. This band didn't print their lyrics in the liner notes, so we figured we were helping people out with trying to figure them out. They were put up on a webpage and everything!

12 years later, google my name and I'm associated with terrible death metal lyrics. :oops:

Er, anyway, crazies. There was this one girl who latched onto my brother about 3 or 4 days after he broke up with his first girlfriend. He was still in high school. He was OK with being friends with her, but she was pretty aggressive with wanting more from him. She asked him to visit her on his birthday, and after he said that he couldn't because he was having his birthday party that day, she replied with something like "But with me you'd only need 10 minutes!"

Over the next few years she'd alternate between hitting on him and myself. I think she finally gave up on me about 5 years later when we ended up in the same History of the German Language class in college. She sat next to me for the first few weeks, occasionally hitting on me and suggesting that I go to her apartment to study with her, but I would politely decline. At some point she just stopped sitting next to me and stopped talking to me.

A friend of mine (who I actually mentioned earlier in this thread) later told me that this girl had some fantasy involving both my brother and I, but I really did not want to hear about that. She was not my type at all. I guess this isn't nearly as crazy as most of the stuff in this thread, and it's not even a crazy ex story.

SteevL on
  • Gar kingGar king Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    I really regret collaborating with two other guys in the transcription of some death metal band's lyrics about 12 years ago. This band didn't print their lyrics in the liner notes, so we figured we were helping people out with trying to figure them out. They were put up on a webpage and everything!

12 years later, google my name and I'm associated with terrible death metal lyrics. :oops:

Er, anyway, crazies. There was this one girl who latched onto my brother about 3 or 4 days after he broke up with his first girlfriend. He was still in high school. He was OK with being friends with her, but she was pretty aggressive with wanting more from him. She asked him to visit her on his birthday, and after he said that he couldn't because he was having his birthday party that day, she replied with something like "But with me you'd only need 10 minutes!"

Over the next few years she'd alternate between hitting on him and myself. I think she finally gave up on me about 5 years later when we ended up in the same History of the German Language class in college. She sat next to me for the first few weeks, occasionally hitting on me and suggesting that I go to her apartment to study with her, but I would politely decline. At some point she just stopped sitting next to me and stopped talking to me.

A friend of mine (who I actually mentioned earlier in this thread) later told me that this girl had some fantasy involving both my brother and I, but I really did not want to hear about that. She was not my type at all. I guess this isn't nearly as crazy as most of the stuff in this thread, and it's not even a crazy ex story.

this is kinda out of left field but wouldn't this kinda be incest, a friend and I had a discussion about a similar incident a few years back.

Gar king on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    zel999.png
    edited August 2009
    Theoretically, yes. People who are related engaging in sexual acts with each other.

But then again, it's why "hot sexy twins" in porn sell so well.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• VirsoulVirsoul Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In high school I had a girlfriend who was working at a fair for a couple weeks. She worked in a food stand and since it was rather far away she decided to stay in a trailer there. I should state that she was with a (female) friend that I knew, we had been dating almost a year and I'm a rather trusting dude. So, I wished her well and called her daily.

When she came back she told me we needed to talk. When any girl says the magic line "we need to talk" I immediately think it's time to break up. So I brace myself and she instead tells me that while she was staying over night she was raped. Naturally I start freaking out, making sure she was fine, telling her to see a doctor, asking where I can find the guy, etc. She tells me she is going to see a doctor, doesn't want me to come with and has the police involved already. I try my best to comfort her and be understanding of her wishes. About a week later, she breaks up with me.

A few weeks later we get back together and everything is fine. That is until her friend told me what really happened at the fair. My ex (who was a virgin at the time) was playing truth or dare and was dared to have sex with one of the guys who worked there. Yep, she lost her virginity to a guy she knew for less than a week on a dare and then broke up with me.

Virsoul on
    edited August 2009
    God....damnit.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't have any entertaining stories about crazy girlfriends, because I am a coward who tends to cut and run at the first sign of crazy. The closest I ever got was a person who was into cutting and had an abusive ex who was an S&M freak. And since she A) couldn't stop talking about him, and B) told me all this in IM before we'd even gone on a date, that set off so many alarm bells in my head that there was no way I was going to go out with her.

I don't think anyone should use this thread as an excuse to not date or to say "see? The womens, they are so crazy!" though. I've known at least one guy who was a male version of Manic Pixie Dream Girl and he could be quiet and thoughtful, charming and funny, a manic lunatic, or a complete self-absorbed asshole who seemed to get a huge energy boost from deliberately treating people like shit. He got the shit beaten out of him pretty often.

Norfair on
This discussion has been closed.