As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

• ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We'll take you up on the Wii, MrBlarney. Unless I'm forgetting, no one has volunteered another one.

We will need more controllers, though. Need volunteers for those.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How many spots are left? My PAX buddy just got back from camping and I couldn't pre-reg without his confirmation.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    How many spots are left? My PAX buddy just got back from camping and I couldn't pre-reg without his confirmation.

The reservation site is showing 3 tickets left.

tek on
    edited August 2009
    tek wrote: »

The reservation site is showing 3 tickets left.

Awesome, dunno how I missed that.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited August 2009
    3 tickets left! Get your buddy to come, too. ;)

Arco on
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco, if it's so down to the line, how can you be sure you won't be able to get the bigger space? Just wondering.

Edit: Aaand I just read the OP. You can probably count on me for an RSVP ticket when you hit 60, then.

Edit: 2 tickets left. I grabbed one when it appeared that I won't be able to do the Pre-PAX Dinner. I appear to have filled out some part of the form incorrectly, however... must have misread "Forum Handle" as "Occupation" or some crap, as I think I'm showing up on the list of attendees as "Student." Fail on my part, but I should be coming, anyway.

After a weekend of thrifty eating, I look forwards to eating my way through that $40 worth of fancy nosh.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
    edited August 2009
    MoreGrease - if you PM me something to verify you by (e-mail, address, real name), I can figure out which attendee you are and change the info to reflect your handle. I'm pretty sure I know which one you are anyway, because you're the only person to buy a ticket today, but I want to be sure.

I can do that for anyone, by the way.

Arco on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I also have two rules:

1. It must be visually appealing.

2. It must be delicious.

Sushi obeys both. :P

LIES!

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
    edited August 2009
    Twooooooo tickets left, people. Two guaranteed admissions to the Post-PAX Party Dinner. Who will the last two tickets (before we start the R.S.V.P. waiting list) go to?

Arco on
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I also have two rules:

1. It must be visually appealing.

2. It must be delicious.

Sushi obeys both. :P

LIES!

SLANDER!

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
    edited August 2009
    Shit, sold out. Looks like we'll be doing the RSVP thing and crossing our fingers :?

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shit, sold out. Looks like we'll be doing the RSVP thing and crossing our fingers :?

Are you going to be doing RSVP tickets at the full price? That would be the least risky, because then if we do reach the number, you wouldnt have to run around trying to collect the extra money.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited August 2009
    As long as I don't lose any money by issuing refunds. PayPal does full refunds, including the credit card processing fees. I just have to find out if EventBrite does. So far they haven't returned my e-mails or phone calls. Trying again right now.

EDIT: Everything I've found on EventBrite's FAQ leads me to believe they won't charge a fee if there is a refund. They charged based on tickets sold - if I refund a ticket it isn't sold anymore, right? I still would like to confirm this with someone from EventBrite, but for now, I'm going ahead with the R.S.V.P. ticket at full price.

Arco on
    edited August 2009
    Some more things.

R.S.V.P. tickets are on sale.

I edited the OP a little bit to reflect the new ticket and what it means.

I also edited it to say that sometime during PAX, everyone will need to pick up their party packets from me. With no buffer money left, I don't want to mail them out. I'll bring them all in envelopes with people's names on them. I'll make myself available via twitter during the expo, and I'll hang out for a few hours each night in my hotel room after the expo closes, so people can come by and pick them up. I'm at the Sheraton, so that shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Arco on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sweet. We've got the room locked down now :)

And we only need to sell 38 more tickets to get the larger room. I think that's a distinct possibility as sales really picked up in the last couple weeks.

Wormdundee on
    edited August 2009
    I agree entirely. Sales really picked up. We sold 8 tickets in one day this past Friday. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got the larger room.

Arco on
  • caliomnicaliomni Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm still pushing the three guys to commit. Mr. Bob Jackass has his head spinning atm due to preparing for the Omegathon.

I'm glad plans are moving along for you.

caliomni on
    edited August 2009
    Push HARDER! ;)

Arco on
  • caliomnicaliomni Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ordered my 2 last night. Mr. jackass is ordering his soon as well. Thats 4 more total.

caliomni on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow. I'm surprised by the ramp up in sales. Go PAers!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So how many more RSVP's are needed for the big room?

Teknotronic on
    edited August 2009
    36 more.

Arco on
  • bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's a lot. What's the difference between the big and small rooms? Just the billiards?

bookofnerds on
    edited August 2009
    That's the biggest difference, yeah. We have one pool table in the smaller room, four in the larger room. There's two 120" projectors in the larger room, but there's one projector and a 50" HDTV in the smaller, so that's not a huge difference.

Arco on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    More People = More Awesome

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited August 2009
    We need to sell 1.3 tickets per day, average, until the cut-off date to make 40 people. WE CAN DO IT!

Arco on
  • Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alright, twist my arm....

Two RSVP tickets purchased!

Weenog42 on
    edited August 2009
    That is above our average for the day! Thanks, Weenog! ;)

Here are the current front-runners in the menu poll:

Appetizers: Tequila chicken tenders, vegetable kabobs, and pulled pork on mini buns with bbq sauce and country slaw.*

Platters: Assorted sushi and nigiri, assorted cheese and crackers, and fresh fruit.

*Technically caribbean jerk chicken tenders have more votes than the pulled pork, but I don't think we need two chicken tender options on a three option menu.

Also, anyone who is volunteering consoles, games, or Rock Band setups should PM me so I can get a more official confirmation from everyone. I'll PM those who mentioned something in the thread in a few days if they don't PM me first.

It's time for actual, concrete plans! Zomg!

Arco on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I approve of that menu.

PM coming later today.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    All those amazing choices for food and people are picking such bland things. Choices are very limited on the platters themselves, so I totally dig the sushi, cheese/crackers, and fresh fruit. But with all the delicious sounding things on the appetizer menu, are you guys really satisfied paying almost 40 bucks for a neverending supply of... chicken tenders? and bbq pork sandwiches?

Rius on
    edited August 2009
    Hah. That was my reaction, too.

Arco on
    edited August 2009
    I shall hear no more blasphemy regarding pulled pork. That is heresy I say!

Pulled pork is delicious and the Tequila chicken tenders sound delicious, though I'll agree that they could be disappointing, anything on the menu could. The vegetable kabob I'm not going to touch, most likely. But we did need one vegetarian option there.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    All I'm saying is, I think you guys are overlooking the awesomeness of crab. It's Seattle, it's going to be super fresh awesome crab... tequila chicken tenders? sounds like they're on the menu at TGI Fridays.

Rius on
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    All I'm saying is, I think you guys are overlooking the awesomeness of crab. It's Seattle, it's going to be super fresh awesome crab... tequila chicken tenders? sounds like they're on the menu at TGI Fridays.

Crab can be awesome and prepared right it could outshine even excellent tequila chicken. However crab in mushrooms? No thanks. And crab cakes? I'd much rather have the chicken then crab cakes. Those are also something on TGIFs menu.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sweet, not a single appetizer I voted for is near the top.

At least the sushi is performing well.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But, Tequila Chicken Tenders sound awesome. Anyone saying otherwise is not awesome. As long as there is chicken tenders and cheese and crackers, I will be happy with all you can eat on those. But then again I am a picky eater.

I am curious as to what kind of cheese is on the platter though, hoping its got a good variety on it. I'd totally be down for some havarti or gruyere on that. Hopefully its not just cheddar or something.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited August 2009
    It's a pretty gourmet place. I'd be surprised if it was store-bought cheddar.

33 R.S.V.P. tickets left!

Arco on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, there is nothing stopping you from walking to the main bar and ordering a personal appitizer.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, there is nothing stopping you from walking to the main bar and ordering a personal appitizer.
    Well, sure, but then you have to pay extra for it.

Obviously we should go with whatever the majority votes for, but for almost $40 I'd sort of be looking forward to something a little more exotic than BBQ pulled pork, which, while certainly delicious, I can get for like 4 bucks at a county fair, or a whole tub at a grocery store for about the same amount.

I'll have a good time regardless, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to lobby a little bit for my favorite food selections (beef tenderloin with blue cheese om nom nom nom)!

Edit: Also, for the record, stuff like Cheese Tarts or Spinach and Artichoke Dip counts as vegetarian. Vegetarian doesn't just mean vegetables.

Also, HUMMUS PLATE OM NOM NOM NOM!

(I like food)

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, I voted for stuff I like to eat, I don't even remember what I voted for. Plus, the food is a small part of the price. I feel like I'm paying for an awesome place to hang out, having multiple screens of gaming goodness and billiards.

The food is just bonus to me.

Wormdundee on
This discussion has been closed.