As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prank 2009: You Know You Want To (But Can't Anymore :p)

13»

• Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Have you sent out any e-mails yet? I've been busy with school/work, but I haven't seen anything. Definitely still in to help out however I can. Possibly went into spam.

And for sure going to PAX :winky:

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bumping this one last time to get any last minute people who may be down for a good prank

I sent out an email a couple of weeks ago to let everyone know that we are still a go with this. Unfortunately, though, we are a man down. Hot Sake is not coming to Prime this year and he was going to be one of the leaders, so we need someone to fill his spot. Any takers? Benefits include: knowing what we are going to do before everyone else, helping with some of the arts and crafts stuff we'll need for the prank, and just being generally awesome

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I so wish I could participate in this but there are just so many things for me to do. I would like to know though when one prank is going to occur so that I can include it in part of my work role at PAX.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    Bumping this one last time to get any last minute people who may be down for a good prank

I sent out an email a couple of weeks ago to let everyone know that we are still a go with this. Unfortunately, though, we are a man down. Hot Sake is not coming to Prime this year and he was going to be one of the leaders, so we need someone to fill his spot. Any takers? Benefits include: knowing what we are going to do before everyone else, helping with some of the arts and crafts stuff we'll need for the prank, and just being generally awesome

*weeps* so sad. I wanna do this sooooooooo bloody badly

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Who says you can't? It won't take up much of your time. You could just sign up and maybe....juuuust maybe...something will mesh with your schedule

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    Who says you can't? It won't take up much of your time. You could just sign up and maybe....juuuust maybe...something will mesh with your schedule

Cause here is the major draw back for me while I am at PAX. I will not have SMS access nor instant Twitter access while I am roaming PAX :'(

So for me to be able to participate, I would need to know like day before of goings on or hours or something like that.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    can you sign me up? i'd be in for this.
    [edit] emailed you

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Im down if you still need me. my email is knutzen_karl@yahoo.com

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I remember last years prank, which was even done during Gabe and Tycho's Q&A. I know for I was sitting in the crowd trying to comprehend what I was witnessing. Anyway this post is just a nudge of support, for I cannot participate. For at PAX I will be working as well as being an attendee and therefore cannot afford the time to take part. There is also the complication of me being a non-US citizen and thus killing off my mobile phone from anything other than voice and $0.20 texts, which would sky rocket if I were to link it to Twitter!

I wish you the best of luck with it.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah I hope I'm not busy when these things go on because I want to be able to capture them on film. My film crew just got bigger too so I'm sure it won't be a problem either way.

I do have a question about phones and twitter though now that I think about it: If I link mine, will I get texts for every friend update or can I set it to only recieve texts from certain followers?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    [VictoriouS]Loon[VictoriouS]Loon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Make a fool of myself for the soul purpose of causing a bit of trouble and entertaining other people!? Ok, I'm in. I'm late to the game here but I'm all about these shenanigans. I'm sending you an email to the epic default gmail account to get myself signed up. I'll even cave and sign up for twitter for the sake of this awesome endeavor.

[VictoriouS]Loon on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I do have a question about phones and twitter though now that I think about it: If I link mine, will I get texts for every friend update or can I set it to only recieve texts from certain followers?

You can turn it on conditionally for each person you're following.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    popeye2012popeye2012 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dudes Im in I love a good prank Im gonna being cos'n Shipwreck sat and sun this year so if you can use that I so in.

popeye2012 on
  • Options
    kristinkristin Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sorry everyone, I've been away from decent internet access for almost a week now (read only had my iPhone, which is a bitch trying to find this on), so I haven't had to chance to let you guys know that volunteering is currently closed.

We have A LOT of people in the pool, more than I actually expected, so I'm closing it for now until PAX time. Once we get a few under our belt and see how schedules mesh and stuff, I may open them up for some last minute volunteers.

So if you get an email on Sunday ( or have been receiving the past three I sent out), you're in! If not, keep paying attention to this thread/the Twitter thread. We're release the twitter feed we are going to use Thursday before the show, so that you all know where to show up to see the prank in action, and then you can mob us/try to impress us to get in on the joke.

Thanks for all the support, and the rabid help from all of you.

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a great time with this as a last minute hanger on. Do we have video?

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, I can post the one with Wil Wheaton, but thats it for now. I have to render and edit the other ones I recorded on my camcorder.

I'll edit this post with the link as soon as its finished uploading and converting on YouTube.

EDIT: Link to the Wil Wheaton Prank Enjoy!

I'll post the other videos later.

Jordman12 on
    2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The only one I was able to film was getting Gabe and Tycho during the 2nd Q&A. When I get the rest of the footage from my crew (hopefully this week) I will compile it and upload for your viewing pleasure.

Oh, and great job guys!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The prank went great this year!! I only wish we could have done it more. I explain why a little later when my iPhone becomes my backup browser again, but for everyone involved, you all did an amazing job

JonnyNero on
This discussion has been closed.