As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Information and FAQ (OLD THREAD)

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
This thread will be updated for PAX East soon. Don't be discouraged by all the PAX Prime info contained herein.

pax09.png

When: September 4th, 5th and 6th, 2009

Where: Washington State Convention and Trade Center, Downtown Seattle, WA

What:
Wikipedia wrote:
The Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) is an annual gamer festival held in Washington. PAX was created by Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik, the authors of the Penny Arcade webcomic, because they wanted to attend a show that gave equal attention to video gamers, computer gamers, and tabletop gamers. No such show existed, so PAX was born.

Created in 2004, PAX has doubled in size each successive year and has been hailed as a weekend-long celebration of gamer culture. Defining characteristics include game-inspired concerts, panels on game industry topics, exhibitor booths, after-hours parties, tournaments, and freeplay areas.
Theros wrote:
PAX is awesome
ashridah wrote:
PAX is not your personal army
Liger wrote:
unless your name is Robert Khoo
HotSake wrote:
PAX is 50,000 friends you never knew you had.
Last year (2008) PAX had over 58,000 attendees.
This year, ticket sales are capped at 75,000 and there are less than 2,500 tickets left!

Links: Penny Arcade, PAX Website, PAX topic at Wikipedia

What this forum is: This forum is for the discussion of PAX, finding people to carpool or caravan with, finding people to split the cost of a hotel room, and general questions and information about PAX as well as community events and gatherings.

What this thread is: This thread is a place for people to ask questions, and for the PAX experienced to provide answers (and some general PAX wisdom).

Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for the Official PAX Page FAQ
Here's a community-based FAQ for those of you who don't want to comb through this thread to see if your question has been answered already.
How do I register for PAX?
You can register online at http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/registration.php

It's after August 15, if I order my ticket online, where do I pick it up?
In the Will Call line (location to be disclosed)

How do I get the PAX discount on my hotel room?
All information on hotels offering a PAX discount is available at http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/hotels.php
All pricing given is per night

What days can you book for at the discounted rate?

Thursday Check-in - Monday Check-Out (note: thursday night and sunday night discount rooms are more limited)

Do they charge my credit card when I reserve my room?
No, they only use your credit card to hold the room. When you check in, they put a hold on the card you present them at that time for the amount of your stay and when you check out they charge that, plus any billable charges (phone calls, pay per view, room service) to your card at that time.

How far away are the hotels from the convention center?
The Sheraton and Hyatt are about 100 feet from the WSCTC. The Roosevelt is one block away. The Crowne Plaza is less than a quarter-mile away.

How many people can stay in one hotel room?
Most hotels allow four, however be aware when you reserve a room with four people per room, they tack on an additional charge. The Sheraton will charge for every key over 2 per room that you ask for.

The Sheraton's website says the PAX rate is sold out for date x. What does this mean?
This means that the Sheraton will not honor the PAX rate for date x. If you're having trouble with the website, call the hotel.

What time is check in at these hotels?
Most hotels have check in at around 3pm. If you're going to be arriving in town later in the evening or at night, be sure to let the hotel know when you make your reservation. If you are arriving early, most hotels will hold your luggage if you want to see the city before check-in time

How much does it cost to park?

Parking is $25+ per day. If you're flying in, take a shuttle from the airport, don't bother renting a car. You won't need it unless you want to leave downtown. If you want to avoid valet parking (and limited access to your vehicle), the WSCTC parking lot is right across the street from the Sheraton.

Can I volunteer to help out at PAX this year?
If they open up enrollment, an announcement will be made with a link to the application.

What should I bring with me to PAX?
CatBoy wrote: »
I better get this in just so everyone is kinda prepared and in the know of what to bring to PAX or any con that may come their way. (I'm sorry for the huge post, but a lot of people don't know what to bring.)
The Top Twenty Items Forgotten by Convention Attendees Checklist

1. Personal Towel (We know the hotel provides them, but if you're sharing a room with several people, this guarantees you your very own towel. Also, if you plan on using a lot of makeup for a costume or dying your hair *and* use hotel towels, you will be charged a hefty fee for damaging hotel property. Please bring your own towels if you plan to do this.) You may also dip the ends in liquid vitamins and suck on the corners when needed.

* A pretty cool tip involving this is bringing a small clothespin with your name on it to attach to your towel so people can differentiate between yours and theirs. In fact, bring a couple, so you can share with people.

2. Shampoo and Conditioner (Again, the hotel provides these, but the bottles are quite small. Bringing your own ensures you will have some, especially if you use a lot of shampoo or have long hair.)

3. Toothbrush and Toothpaste (You'd be amazed at what going three days without brushing tastes like. Gross.)

4. Deodorant (If you don't bring and use this, don't be surprised when people start edging away from you in packed rooms and theaters. Don't forget the strange looks and cringed noses you'll begin to see.)

5. Razor and Shaving Cream/Gel

6. Comb and/or Hairbrush (some people do use both. You'd be surprised.)

7. One shirt for each day of the convention, plus an extra. (3 days = 4 shirts)

8. Pants (Same number as shirts.)

9. Underwear (3 sets, plus an extra.)

10. Socks (One pair per day plus an extra pair.)

11. Swimsuit (You never know.)

12. Jacket or warm sweater

13. Shoes (If you plan on spending a lot of time dancing or on your feet, make sure you have comfortable shoes with you. Your feet will hurt if you don't have comfy shoes to at least change into.)

14. Any prescribed medication (Make sure to tell your traveling companions/roommates about any medical needs you may have.)

15. Tylenol/Aspirin/etc

16. Photo ID / Driver's License / Checkbook / Car keys

17. A phone card (Not only is this cheaper than having calls charged to your hotel room, but having several people using one phone can lead to billing confusion with long distance calls. Bring a phone card so you can let your parents/significant other know you made it to the con safely.)

18. An extra pillow and blanket if several people are staying in your room.

19. Some non-perishable food from a supermarket (Like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, pretzels and bottled water or juice. While there are a lot of restaurants close by, this is an easy way to save money. In addition, you'll be able to have your midnight snack without leaving your room.)

20. Your best public manners. (You'd be surprised how many people forget to bring these along.)
The exhibition hall is full of awesome. There are upcoming games, and hardware showcased as well as things for sale from games, to guides, to t-shirts, to dice. Prices are comparable with standard retail pricing, or a little cheaper, even. Also, there's tons of free shirts and other swag being handed out by various companies *cough*nVidia*cough*
the spoiler is for the REALLY well prepared
A List For The Well Prepared

* Small tube of super glue
* 3 straight pins
* 3 safety pins: 1 small and 2 medium
* Hair pins: 3 medium and 3 heavy
* Small sewing kit (small enough to fit into the palm of your hand)
* Safety matches (1 pack)
* Disposable plastic razor
* Small emery board
* Tylenol/Aspirin (travel sized contaiThe exhibition hall is full of awesome. There are upcoming games, and hardware showcased as well as things for sale from games, to guides, to t-shirts, to dice. Prices are comparable with standard retail pricing, or a little cheaper, even. Also, there's tons of free shirts and other swag being handed out by various companies *cough*nVidia*cough*ner)
* 6 chewable Vitamin C tablets (at least 500 mg each)
* 2 Vitamin B complex tabs, stress formula
* 1 pack Tums/Rolaids
* 6 bandaids (or a travel sized pack)
* 6 antihistamine tablets
* 1 travel pack of tissues
* Tube of chapstick or other lip balm
* 6 cough drops or throat lozenges
* Smallest size of tiger balm or camphophenique oil
* Travel size tube of spot remover
* Spare car and house keys
* Breath freshener
* 6 moist towelettes (for cleaning hands)
* Small pencil sharpener
* Small pen
* 1 small pack of post-it-notes (the square ones work fine)
* Clear nail polish
* Small amount of masking tape wrapped around a short pencil
* 6 rubber bands
* 3 unlubricated condoms
* Small penknife
* Small tube of neosporin
* 3 garbage bag twist ties
* Mustache scissors (small pair of scissors will work as well)
* Styptic pencil or qwik stop
* Hand lotion (travel size)
* Aloe vera gel (travel size)
* 3 nail polish remover pad
* Tampons or pads if you are the type to bleed occasionally

Where can I get something to eat in downtown Seattle?

Practically everywhere, there are two malls and Pike Place Market all within walking distance of the Convention Center and Hotels.

I hear there's a Gameworks near the WSCTC, what's a Gameworks?
Liger wrote: »
Gameworks is a 2-story arcade with full restaurant and bar on the upper floor. Arcade games from all eras, including a section to win tickets and redeem them for cheezy prizes. The food is pretty good, but the service can suck sometimes. The bar is a bar. It has booze. It's also in a more separate section of the upper floor that's roped off for 21+, but still has a kickass view of the whole facility.

What does BYOC stand for?

Bring Your Own Computer, more information will be forthcoming in the spring

What is the exhibit floor like?
The exhibition hall is full of awesome. There are upcoming games, and hardware showcased as well as things for sale from games, to guides, to t-shirts, to dice. Prices are comparable with standard retail pricing, or a little cheaper, even. Also, there's tons of free shirts and other swag being handed out by various companies.

Should I buy a Nintendo DS/bring my DS to PAX?
YES

When do I sign up for tournaments?

Tournament registration is day-of. Get there early, most tournaments fill up within an hour or two of PAX opening.

How do I become and Omeganaut?
Just check the button that says, "I want to be considered to be an Omeganaut" when you pre-register. Then you just have to hope you are one of the 18 peope to get the call.

Where do the parties happen?

Hotel Rooms (and a few industry sponsored parties at local establishments)

Is there an age limit on the parties?
21+ unless there's no alcohol involved

How do the concerts work?
whypick1 wrote: »
Bracelets are distributed by Enforcers, and having one will make sure you get in first, but I don't recall hearing the theaters filling up to the point where they had to turn people away. If you don't get one, you should still be able to get in, you just won't be able to get in super early.

Also, if you BYOC, you're given a bracelet.

What's the weather like in Seattle during PAX?
The weather's been great for every single PAX. (subject to interpretation)
In the beginning of September, expect temperatures of mid-to-high 50's (only late at night of course) to the mid 70's.

I'm flying to PAX, how soon should I book my flight?
As soon as you can. Airline tickets cost more the closer you get to the date of travel.

Why is PAX Labor Day weekend instead of the last weekend in August like it used to be?
The decision to hold PAX on Labor Day weekend going forward is threefold:

1. Given 70% of attendees are coming in from out of town, it allows for 1 extra day of travel as opposed to rushing back on Friday night.
2. Seattle (despite Bumbershoot being that same weekend) is actually dead in terms of out-of-town travel on Labor Day Weekend. What this means is we're able to negotiate hotel room rates at much more aggressive rate than the week before - we're literally talking a difference of hundreds of dollars for the weekend for attendees.
3. Because most conferences/trade shows are business-to-business, we're actually able to get the space we need as opposed to being crammed in with another large show.

Will x tournament or event be happening at PAX?
Possibly, check out this forum announcement of official PAX event threads.

What are the hours of PAX?
EVENT HOURS
Friday, Sept 4th, 2009 - 10am to 3am
Saturday, Sept 5th, 2009 - 10am to 3am
Sunday, Sept 6th, 2009 - 10am to 7pm
EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
Friday, Sept 4th, 2009 - 10am to 7pm
Saturday, Sept 5th, 2009 - 10am to 6pm
Sunday, Sept 6th, 2009 - 10am to 6pm

BYOC Check-in is Friday starting at 8am

How do you get a concert wristband/what is a concert wristband?
The concert wristband allows you into the concerts first. All BYOC attendees and the first x people into PAX on Friday and Saturday will be given a concert wristband. They are not required to get into the concert, but if you don't have one, you won't be able to get in until all of the wristbanded people are inside.

I live outside the United States. How do I fill in my phone number on the registration form? It doesn't fit.
You just have to split it up the way US numbers are split (###-###-####). It's a 10 digit number if I'm not mistaken. If you've got more than 10 digits, I don't know.

I'm above the average age of 26 by a decade or more. Will I be the oldest person there?
No, plenty of the older gaming crowd come out to enjoy PAX as well. You are not alone. PAX is geeks reveling in geekery. Age wasn't much of a concern.

How do we transfer tickets? I bought a registration and BYOC pass, but recently found out I won't be going, and have a buyer through the "buy a ticket sell a ticket" thread, but neither of us have any idea how to get the ticket to be transferred.

BYOC ticket registration is done differently than the 3-day pass. For the 3-day pass you just have to mail it to the guy when they are shipped out.

For BYOC, have the guy buying the ticket make an account on the intel LANfest site, then on your account submit a support ticket to have the ticket and seat transfered to him.

I have moved since buying my PAX passes. How do I change my address information to ensure that my passes get mailed to my current address and not my previous address?
First, you should submit a change of address through the USPS. This will ensure all mail sent to your previous address is sent to your current address. As far as changing your registration, you can do that via the registration site (accessable from http://www.paxsite.com/registration.php). Just click the question mark, select the last option, and it should guide you through the process of changing the address to whatever you want.

When is the PAX08 DVD coming out?
WE DON'T KNOW!!

I registered for PAX ticked off that I wanted the ECA membership but I have yet to receive anything from them. What's the deal?
All the ECA memberships will be sent to them at once after registration closes, so you shouldn't expect anything until then.

When will x be announced?
Soon.

Will there be WiFi accessable at PAX?
Yes, but with the number of people using it, it may be a bit spotty.

Are there going to be a ton of people this year?
Theres going to be a ton of people.

Will just one day will be enough PAX?
No. There can never be enough PAX (unless you're an enforcer).

I'm under 18. Will I be able to get into a panel for/play the demo of <insert M-Rated game here>?
It is convention wide policy to follow the ESRB ratings.

I'm wearing a costume that has plastic weapons that look like real weapons? Will I have any problems with security/police?
Yes. Do yourself a favor and leave anything that resembles a weapon at home.

Do the PAX passes have my name on them?
No.

What, other than the convention center and hotels, is in the area around PAX? Places to eat, shop, etc?
Check out the Seattle Area Map and Info Thread for details on the surrounding PAX area.

How hard is it to get around downtown Seattle? Will I need a car?
Most of anything you will need is located within walking distance of the PAX hotels and convention center. You will only need a car if you plan on traveling outside of downtown (so probably not at all)

Is there any free parking downtown?
No, parking costs money downtown.

Why can't the passes be mailed out internationally?
A lot of internationally-shipped badges were eaten by the post in 07. It's easier all around to have you pick up your badge at Will Call, and skip the whole "where's my badge?!" panic at the end of August.

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    There shouldn't be any cost. The price of a 3-day pass gets you into everything except BYOC. As for when and where, that will be announced when the PAX schedule is released in the next week or so.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Reed just told me the badges will all be in the mail by teh 19th

Thanks heels :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any cost. The price of a 3-day pass gets you into everything except BYOC. As for when and where, that will be announced when the PAX schedule is released in the next week or so.

ah, sorry, i deleted my post without refreshing to see if someone had answered. I don't want your post to look all awkward so here's a link to my question.

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Any chance of the Rock Band Freeplay stage having some or all of the DLC this year? As much fun as last year's was, it was a little repetitive by the third day hearing "Welcome Home" for the hojillionth time.

MrBartokomous on
    edited August 2009
    Any chance of the Rock Band Freeplay stage having some or all of the DLC this year? As much fun as last year's was, it was a little repetitive by the third day hearing "Welcome Home" for the hojillionth time.

Even if the DLC is there... people will still play the songs they know :(

At the very least ive offered use of my hdd to the CFP people which has most of the DLC.

BigRed on
  • happymachineshappymachines Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I have questions about the number of tickets left. On the Twitter feed you mentioned awhile back that there were 2500 tickets left, and then in the old FAQ thread you mentioned that you were down to 2000. What does this number refer to exactly? Advance sale three day badges? Advance sale tickets? Tickets in general? The statement is confusing to me; if right now you sold 2000 tickets for Friday, why would you be "sold out" for Saturday as well? If there are really only 2000 general purpose tickets left and you sell out, will people not be able to buy passes at the door?

happymachines on
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have questions about the number of tickets left. On the Twitter feed you mentioned awhile back that there were 2500 tickets left, and then in the old FAQ thread you mentioned that you were down to 2000. What does this number refer to exactly? Advance sale three day badges? Advance sale tickets? Tickets in general? The statement is confusing to me; if right now you sold 2000 tickets for Friday, why would you be "sold out" for Saturday as well? If there are really only 2000 general purpose tickets left and you sell out, will people not be able to buy passes at the door?

It depends. According to the latest press releases:

"Aug. 15 is the deadline for "mailed" pre-registration, so if you want to have your badge delivered directly to your doorstep, pre-register now at http://paxsite.com. Registrations after that date will have to be picked up on site during the show."

And it is a good possibility you will not be able to buy passes at the door. I would def pre register

Jules@Party934.com on
  • qwv123qwv123 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys. I'm going to PAX for 1 day this year and I don't really have a preference for the day yet. I've only been there once before so I was wondering if any of you who have gone all 3 days last year can remember if there was a day in particular that wasn't as crowded as the others. I really just want to demo as many games as possible.

qwv123 on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The day after it's over.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2009
    This is a PAX forum question.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Friday would probably be your best bet since it's a workday.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited August 2009
    Yes you will *NEED* to pre-reg. Dont expect to be able to get a badge day of.

They are referring to 3day passes.

BigRed on
  • happymachineshappymachines Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Yes you will *NEED* to pre-reg. Dont expect to be able to get a badge day of.

They are referring to 3day passes.

Is the inability to get badges refer only to the three day badges, or will people still be able to get single day badges?

If there are ~2000 three day badges left, is there any info about how many single day badges are left for each day?

happymachines on
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Someone will correct me if I am wrong here, but a 3 day pass counts as three tickets.

So if 500 people buy 3 day passes this week, that is 1500 tickets gone.

Seriously, pre-register because chances are excellent that you will show up at the door and be told sorry we are full.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • MisterPlisskenMisterPlissken Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is there a way to figure out what will be opened or closed? I remember seeing what seemed to be a subway station or something (I only saw it once on the day I was leaving two years ago so my memory's fuzzy). Or how about that rail leading from the airport to the city? What's up with that?

MisterPlissken on
    edited August 2009
    Is there a way to figure out what will be opened or closed? I remember seeing what seemed to be a subway station or something (I only saw it once on the day I was leaving two years ago so my memory's fuzzy). Or how about that rail leading from the airport to the city? What's up with that?

You are refering to the Bus tunnel underneath the city.

Also that light rail is open from downtown to the tukwilla station, and there are shuttles from the tukwilla station to the airport.

You can take the light rail to PAX, there should be signs for the light rail shuttles from the airport. The airport rail station wont be completed until the end of the year.

BigRed on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Light Rail runs from downtown Seattle to Tukwilla, from where you can catch a shuttle from Tukwilla to the airport (and of course you can do the reverse). It runs roughly from 5 am to midnight Monday through Saturday, 6 am to 11 pm Sunday, and the bus tunnels below downtown Seattle have the same hours (since that's where you catch the train as well).

As for which day has the least people, I think that tends to be Sunday. Friday is always rather crowded, even though it's on a work-day; probably because of the keynote speech and of course the first day of the exhibits. Sunday many people have seen all they want to see and only show up for a panel or two, and most people coming for just one day come Saturday.

Dreamwriter on
  • ThistledownThistledown Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How early does one need to be in line Friday/Saturday in order to obtain one of the coveted concert wristbands? 8am? 6am?

Thistledown on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Last year I was in line an hour before doors both days and got a wrist band with no problems. This year might be different, for Friday at least, since it opens so early - less people likely to show up at the ass crack of dawn.

SlickShughes on
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will most likely be one of those there at the ass crack of dawn.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »

I will be in line shortly after the Crumpet Shop opens.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well, I'm sorry, but some of us have drinking to do the night before. :P

SlickShughes on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well, I'm sorry, but some of us have drinking to do the night before. :P

Sorry that the Muggle here won't be drinking as much...but will be recording LOTS of stuff! ;-) :P

(P.S. Don't feel too threatened. It will only be on my craptacular video/camera that is on my phone. And I don't know how to upload on YouTube.)

CaptainTapole on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And I don't know how to upload on YouTube

It's OK, I can show you, but only if the video is funny/embarrassing for those in it.

Brex123 on
    edited August 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »
    And I don't know how to upload on YouTube

It's OK, I can show you, but only if the video is funny/embarrassing for those in it.

Well, I'm sure folks will be video-recording The Bad Dance-Off. But yay! Thank you! You are awesome auger.

CaptainTapole on
  • blaksilverblaksilver Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Quick question, I haven't been to pax since 06 and I don't recall... Do most of the vendors of various hooplah only take cash? Along the same lines, are there ATMs at the con center (I assume with terrible extra charges)? I know I have a bank that's not terribly far on the map, but I don't want to spend time going there more than once should I need more cash.

blaksilver on
    edited August 2009
    Last I looked, most of them also took plastic.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    and yes, there are atm's, but the charges are more terrible than you can imagine!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone know if a) The Rock Band tourny is happening again this year, and b) if so, which game will be used for the songs?

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited August 2009
    There is no Rock Band tournament this year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    darth_vader_nooo1-300x206.jpg

How unfortunate.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited August 2009
    Dont cry in the corner just yet.

There will be a rockband 2 tournament @ pax on the freeplay stage (floor 2, where it was last year). The guys running that will be putting up a post here "soon" with all the tourney details.

BigRed on
  • reinekecreinekec Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry for the general noob questions but I was just wondering. Do they have vendors their that sell stuff? Like t-shirts, posters, games ect?

Just Curious! :mrgreen:

reinekec on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, there's plenty of stuff to buy in the expo hall.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SuperQuinnSuperQuinn Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I have never been to PAX before but i figure now that im in the seattle area, Ill try and see it. Ive already preregistered but i dont want my badges mailed to me, can i just pick them up at the show and how would I go about doing that?

SuperQuinn on
  • Firestorm88Firestorm88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Where can I pick up a pre-paid phone or SIM card around that area? How much does it cost? Will be coming from Canada and it's going to be very costly for my friends and I to call or text each other with the crazy Canadian roaming charges.

How long does will-call usually take? There's a panel I wanna catch at 11:30 but since I didn't get mine mailed to me, I'll need to wait in line and have my paper scanned.

Firestorm88 on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the longest wait we had in Will-Call last year was 30 minutes, and this year the system is (so I've heard) much more streamlined with a bar code system. You should not have to wait very long to get your badge and swag bag.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited August 2009
    You can also get a prepaid sim/phone from most any AT&T or t-mobile store. Theres a few nearby the WSCTC... westlake mall and pacific place mall are both within walking distance and should have either of those stores.

BigRed on
  • hookey100hookey100 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    hey so i bought 2 tickets in advance and the person i was gonna bring cant come so can i give his ticket to someone else to use?

hookey100 on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, tickets aren't tied to any particular person. You can give his pass to anybody you want.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.