As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial PAX08 DVD - It's Finished!

124»

• Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I just way behind on this? I see no seeds or peers at all.

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm still seeding all three, but I have uTorrent on a schedule right now so it only runs when I'm either sleeping or not home. Otherwise, it uses way too much bandwidth and I can't do anything, lol.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but anybody can still get them if they want, it just may take a while.

hmm, I should probably make a thread about this years' project now...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    since there seems to be no better topic to ask this in, does anyone know what happened to the Official PAX 08 dvd?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    since there seems to be no better topic to ask this in, does anyone know what happened to the Official PAX 08 dvd?

It's being handled by top men.
    Top. Men.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, that's a good question (and good response).

The last time I spoke to Hicks was during PAX so I have no idea... We should spam some PM's his way or something. :P

Anyway, it gives me more of an incentive to put together a bigger project this year and release it quickly (which I will be doing).

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow...Thanks for reviving this thread...I actually never saw these dvd's. Mostly because I don't really visit the forums in the non-PAX half of the year. But anyways, can somebody seed these again? I would love to get these.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As I've mentioned before, I am still seeding them, but I only have it active when I'm sleeping or away from home because of the bandwidth usage. I'll turn on uTorrent in a few minutes and keep it going until I'm back from work this evening, then back on tonight, etc. Sorry that I have to do that, but when the torrents are running, I can't do anything else online, and it's annoying!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    As I've mentioned before, I am still seeding them, but I only have it active when I'm sleeping or away from home because of the bandwidth usage. I'll turn on uTorrent in a few minutes and keep it going until I'm back from work this evening, then back on tonight, etc. Sorry that I have to do that, but when the torrents are running, I can't do anything else online, and it's annoying!
    what's the size of the torrent? i have decent bandwidth here, i'm thinking maybe i could meet you and get it on my flash drive, then host it from here so you don't have to upload the whole thing to me.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thx Coldbrew...I'm downloading all of them at 110 - 170 kbs each right now so it shouldn't take too long to get it all. I'll keep it seeding for a while afterwards too if anybody else is wanting to get this now.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The total size of the whole set is around 15 gigs, each disk image being a bit under 4 gigs. I'm not sure how we could meet up, I'm not necessarily in the financial position to drive anywhere but to work and back, but maybe we could figure something out... I'm sure I could make physical copies for people during PAX though because we will have laptops in our room.

Also, thanks for seeding, it does seems like more people are pulling this now that the thread was revived and they're seeing it for the first time.

Oh yeah, I added a small update to the OP.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so i just started downloading the torrent, figured i could share as i d/l :)
    i notice 3 seeders are stuck at 82.6%, though, what's that about?

[update] it's going pretty well. left it running over night and got 67% done. it's only uploaded about 2.5GB so far, so I'm going to increase the bandwidth for this torrent out.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm seeding these at high speed, but no one has been connected to me for a couple days. I finished downloading them a couple days before that. I'm still out there though... hopefully you can find me if you need it still.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm in the same boat as Breslin. I've also finished downloading these and am able seed fairly fast if anybody needs them.

Big Guy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i'm currently seeding at about 2mbps, not many peers, though. maybe most people have been served already.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I currently see one for the Panels disk but that's it, so perhaps you're right. I do appreciate the seeding help though.

I dunno what what I'm going to do about distribution this year, we're going to have way too much footage, lol.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.