As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SENTRY FUCKING DUTY + halftone doggie

13»

• Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Agreed. I think ChicoBlue speaks for all of us.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    thanxs duderz

I didn't notice the perspective on the monolith, but I agree it looks off. It's a quick fix though, should have an edit next time I post new stuff.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My only suggestion would be to make the light less scratchy in the center of each "ray" on the ground. The edges are fine but it seems a little distracting to have the scratches in the middle imo.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah I refined a lot of the areas, but that was one of the areas that really could have used more attention. I fear I may not have the dedication to fix that, but I know I should. Chalk that one up to a maybe for now!

\/\/EDIT\/\/ - yeah the borders look stupid too. I didn't think they'd be so noticeable, but now they're really bugging me too...

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well... i think removing the shadow's little boarder would improve it alot- i think i would take my previous comment back if you fixed that other problem. Thinking about it, i'm pretty sure those borderlines were actually what is messing with me.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well it's been some time since I've posted anything in a thread that wasn't the doodle thread so here weeee goooo!

I submission I did for that contest awhile ago did not win, but I went ahead and messed around with the color anyway. I attempted to do a half tone style, and I think it worked...somewhat. I think I'll have to try it a few more times before I really get the hang of it. When I turned my layer to halftone, instead of the soft edges turning into dots getting gradually smaller, they just stayed the same size but got their opacity faded away. I dunno I'll keep at it cause I kinda like how it looks.

loganhalftones1.jpg

Closeup!!

loganhalftones2.jpg

And what it looked like pre-colorization...
    loganupdate4.jpg

I'm also doing a cover for this Sentry Duty project that sounds kinda cool. This is where I'm at with it at the moment. Definitely going to be changing things here and there, so crits will be helpful. I'm going to be re inking the whole thing I just wanted to lay out where the lines and blacks are going to be. I wasn't using the pressure sensitivity, but I plan to when I do the next part so I can get some thicker lines here and there. My anatomy is pretty weak so attempting to do bulging muscles was pretty challenging.

preview.jpg

Also the logo isn't quite finished either, but it's done for the most part. Probably going to just make a few minor changes.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is that a hobo shooting slime out of his fingers?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    no they look more like lazers

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes they're lazers, but I will admit they're gonna need a bit more work before they are convincingly electric zappy. But I'm glad you thought that, because now I know I need to take care with making them look lazery.

earthwormadam on