As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tekken 6- Tekken 7? Check page 31.

AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
tekken6copy.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn7-4v7hhLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS0O-o9qY9I&feature=fvw

PA Name- XBL Gamertags:
Kevin Crist- I Eat Brainmeat
Professor Snuggleworth- Dr Shizuma
TheUnsane1- TheUnsane1
Gnome-Interruptus- Deaddin

PA Name- PSN ID:
stfuad- dbone876
TheUnsane1- TheUnsane1

The Gameplay (shamelessly stolen from wikipedia)
Katsuhiro Harada, director of Tekken 6, has stated the game will retain all of the gameplay elements from Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection that were well-received by fans. He also said that the stages will be bigger and will have more interactivity,[5] such as walls or floors that can be broken to reveal new fighting areas.[6] The character customization feature will also be more involved with game play.[5]

In addition, the game adds a new "rage" system, which gives characters more power when their vitality is low. When activated, a red energy field surrounds the character and their health bar starts to flicker red.[7] Both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will include an online versus multiplayer mode over PSN and Xbox Live respectively.[8]

The home versions will also have an extra 'Scenario Campaign' mode that continues the play style of Tekken 3 and Tekken 4's 'Tekken Force' modes and Tekken 5's 'Devil Within' mode. This mode can be played co-operatively with two players, and also allows the players to pick up weapons such as poles and gatling guns. Other features in the home versions include a toggle option for motion blur.[9]

Another game play feature added is the bound system. If certain conditions are met, such as slamming the opponent strongly to the ground or falling in a multi-tiered stage, the opponent will bounce back from the ground, allowing bigger combos and new techniques.

The characters
tekken6.jpg

Well, there are 6 new faces this time, featuring a maybe-trap, a robot, a Spaniard, some girl, an obese American, and some swedish dude.
tekken6miguel.jpg
Miguel Caballero Rojo

After being forced to leave his home by his parents at the age of 15 for constantly starting fights, Miguel Caballero Rojo (ミゲル・カバジェロ・ロホ, Migeru Kabajero Roho?) finds sanctuary at a bar. His sister, the only person whom he trusts or loves, visits him secretly behind their parents back. One day, she informs him that she is to be married and Miguel becomes outraged and thinks of killing her fiance, but not wanting to break his sister's heart he decides against it.

On her wedding day Miguel stands away from the church not wanting to be seen by his parents when suddenly a group of jets appear in the sky and destroy the church. Miguel rushes to the still burning church searching for his sister and finds her lifeless body covered in blood. Miguel's investigations lead him to realize that the attack was ordered by the Mishima Zaibatsu, and driven by anger, he enters the recently announced King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 to find answers from the Zaibatsu's CEO, Jin Kazama.

tekken6zaf.jpg
Zafina

Zafina (ザフィーナ, Zafīna?) is a guardian to the tomb of a royal family at a village that has been around for centuries. The sealed grave is believed to protect the well being of the tribe. Many martial artists have tried to enter the tomb but Zafina has single-handedly defeated everyone. One day the village elders prophesize that when two "evil stars" meet, the seal on the graves will be broken and the world will end. Following the ideals of astrology, Zafina leaves the village to see if the world is really going to end. Tekken developer and Executive Producer of Tekken 6 Katsuhiro Harada describes her as "a female character from the Middle East who uses ancient assassination arts."

tekken6leo.jpg
Leo

Leo (レオ, Reo?) is the son of a world-famous male spelunker and a top female executive of the biotech firm, G Corporation.

Leo's father disappeared during an exploration when he was a child, but even so, he strives to become just like him. Leo grows up to be an upright person, but these happy days come to an abrupt end when his mother is killed.

Saddened by the tragic event, Leo shuts everyone out. Some time later, the police inconclusively end the murder investigation without explanation. Leo continues the investigation. Not long after starting this mission, Leo discovers the existence of a person who is regarded as a hero of the G Corporation - a man by the name of Kazuya Mishima. Suspecting him of having a hand in the murder, Leo seeks to meet Kazuya but finds it impossible to get near him due to his newly-acquired status within the G Corporation.

Nevertheless, Leo hears news of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 being held by the Mishima Financial Group. Finding out that Kazuya will be participating in it, Leo follows suit, thinking that it's the only chance to find answers.

Tekken developer and Executive Producer of Tekken 6 Katsuhiro Harada describes Leo as "a Bajiquan practitioner from Germany whose father is a famous spelunker."

tekken6bob.jpg
Bob

Bob (ボブ, Bobu?) is a fighter who hails from America as a martial arts legend. However, due to being unable to defeat larger opponents, Bob disappears from the fighting world and remains in hiding for a few years, with many wondering about his whereabouts.

With The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 drawing near, Bob finally returns, and stuns everyone with his new figure, that of a morbidly obese man. Though Bob claims to have engineered his body to increase his weight and strength while maintaining his speed, few believe him, and most of his fans lose their faith and respect for him.

In order to test his new power and regain his popularity, Bob enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.

Tekken developer and Executive Producer of Tekken 6 Katsuhiro Harada describes Bob as "a freestyle karate practitioner from the U.S."[17]

Bob ranked 10th on GameDaily's top 10 ugliest game characters list.

alisa.jpg
Alisa Bosconovitch

Little is also known about Alisa Bosconovitch (アリサ・ボスコノビッチ, Arisa Bosukonobicchi?). She amplifies many of her attacks with collapsible jet pack like wings from her back and rockets from her feet. She can also extend chainsaws from her lower arms and her body parts are detachable, they instantly grow back in what appears to be nanoparticle-assisted regeneration. All of her body parts appear to be non-critical, some of her attacking moves involves removing her own head to use as a weapon or even a makeshift explosive device with no ill effects, and arms can be torn off by the opponent or even used as improvised missiles. She has pink hair and green eyes, and speaks in a very polite manner. Tekken developer and Executive Producer of Tekken 6 Katsuhiro Harada describes her as "a robot created in the image of Dr. Bosconovitch's daughter."

lars.jpg
Lars Alexandersson

Lars Alexandersson (ラース・アレクサンダーソン, Rāsu Arekusandāson?) is a Swedish officer in the Tekken Force who is now leading a rebellion against the Mishima Financial Group. He is also Heihachi Mishima's illegitimate son. Lars has an alternate costume created by Masashi Kishimoto, manga-ka of Naruto.

Screens, so pretty...

tekken_6-1.jpg
tekken_6-2.jpg
tekken_6-3.jpg
tekken_6-5.jpg
tekken_6-6.jpg
tekken_6-7.jpg
tekken_6-4.jpg

Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9tvTEWq46U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp1sOL_lLbo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoQc-RsF7DQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkgIHVm60o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFHqDXFy8rs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQoXR3lKJeE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL69Ix2JMA8&feature=related

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
Antihippy on

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So my arcade has bloodline rebellion, and it's seriously fun. Can't wait for the console release.

Out of the new characters, I like alisa alot. Her design looks terrible at first but FRIGGING CHAINSAW HANDS.

Asuka is still awesome.

Antihippy on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Must...fuck...blonde girl...

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    tekken_6-5.jpg

What the fuck?

I'd probably buy this if there was going to be a PC version. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case.

Peewi on
    edited August 2009
    She's the chainsaw robot.

That screen is quite possibly the greatest screen I've ever seen.

Antihippy on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And do my eyes deceive me, or is that CTS in one of those screens?

tekken_6-7.jpg

That one.

Raynaga on
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's a skin for Yoshimitsu

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SO, i haven't played Tekken in a while (4, I think), but from the videos, it looks like the object is to get really good at juggling your opponent or slamming them up against a wall repeatedly while they can do nothing about it. That sounds like the most frustrating thing...

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You guys are all getting the PS3 version, right?

Right?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    B:L wrote: »

Right?

Naw, I'm getting the 360 versions because I'm not lame. My brother and friend are getting the PS3 versions so it'll be like having both.

Now, all I have to do is work on not getting horribly raped whenever I hit the ground and my Tekken game will be tops.

Dragkonias on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Right?

I will be. Tekken on the 360 would just feel wrong somehow. And I prefer the PS3 controllers, so hey.

Ketar on
    edited August 2009
    Ketar wrote: »

Right?

I will be. Tekken on the 360 would just feel wrong somehow. And I prefer the PS3 controllers, so hey.

I have a fightpad on 360, and I'm too deep-rooted in Live. I don't really use PSN*

*Except for Zen Pinball <3

Cantido on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So by the info on the characters, I'm guessing
    Jin is the new main evil guy, as per his 5 ending?

Edit: Also,
    Another Heihachi spawn?
    Really? Do we really need another?

never die on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    never die wrote: »

Another Heihachi spawn?

Heihachi was obviously a polygamous. And you know I don't even know who to root for in this whole Mishima thing. I mean they're all pretty much assholes now. It's sad when Heihachi of all people seems to be the most reasonable one in the entire situation.

Dragkonias on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Another Heihachi spawn?

Heihachi was obviously a polygamous. And you know I don't even know who to root for in this whole Mishima thing. I mean they're all pretty much assholes now. It's sad when Heihachi of all people seems to be the most reasonable one in the entire situation.

You root for Paul of course.

Or Jin's cousin, Asuka I think?

never die on
  • KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009

Another Heihachi spawn?

Hey. Hey. Hey.

The Swedish guy is not an asshole. He is a Swedish superhero. He has a cape. You will retract. You will root hard for him.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kastanj wrote: »

Another Heihachi spawn?

Hey. Hey. Hey.

The Swedish guy is not an asshole. He is a Swedish superhero. He has a cape. You will retract. You will root hard for him.

Instead of him, they should've just brought back Ken Mishima
    from Ergheiz.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If there's a PC version, I will get it, and I will continue to display the might of Julia.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2009
    I really don't think that there's going to be a PC version.

There's gonna be a PSP version though.

Antihippy on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Leo's style looks similar to Lei's.

Hopefully Lei won't hit like a girl in this like he did in 5 though.

Kelor on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    People are gonna hate me for point this out.

tekken_6-4.jpg

20080806.jpg

Lars' hair is fabulous by the way.

Henroid on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A fat, overconfident American fighter. Where have I seen that before?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited August 2009
    Bob came out way before rufus did by the way.

Antihippy on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So conflicted. I learned to play this on a PS2 d-pad. Should I get it on the PS3?

Here's hoping Steve is just as good as he was in 5. Loved that guy.

chamberlain on
    edited August 2009
    Oooh, somebody has uploaded the SBO tekken vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPrY-DEu054&feature=channel_page

Antihippy on
    edited October 2009
    So it releases this month! Any hype? Anybody?

Ah well, got my preorder anyway. Gonna get a sweet hoodie and the artbook.

Here's the ridiculous opening for more HYPE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28nk-rB_AM&feature=player_embedded#

Asuka and lili seems to have a kind of sakura/karin rivalry going on which is pretty cute.

Antihippy on
    edited October 2009
    Ah Tekken, your storyline(if you can call it that) never fails to entertain me.

Dragkonias on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was wondering if there would be any interest in Tekken around here. I personally can't wait. Kind of upset most of the characters I enjoy are high tier(Bryan,Dragonov,A.King) but I guess you hear about your character being broken no matter who you win with so meh.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if there would be any interest in Tekken around here. I personally can't wait. Kind of upset most of the characters I enjoy are high tier(Bryan,Dragonov,A.King) but I guess you hear about your character being broken no matter who you win with so meh.

Dude, I love 3d fighters. Sadly, I find that tends not to be the case for a lot of people. I guess most people are content to play Street Fighter over...and over...and over...

...and over.

Dragkonias on
    edited October 2009
    Yea for me Tekken is the best fighting series there is hands down. It just clicks for me like no other game in genre has (closest is prob Rival Schools or the SF:Ex series). Tekken 1 was the reason I bought a playstation.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    tekken_6-5.jpg

What the fuck?

I'd probably buy this if there was going to be a PC version. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case.

This is one of Alisa's throws. She gives you her head and it explodes. Pretty funny

Not as funny as when you break it though. If Law escaped this throw, he would quickly and frantically put Alisa's head back on. It's hilarious

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doesn't Alisa have exploding arms too? Or is that her throw break? She's full of surprises :lol:

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Played this at PAX (despite the horribly disorganized tournaments) and I am determined to learn Alisa.

Also possibly Bob.

Xiaoyu is and always will be my main though.

Taramoor on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    sabyul wrote: »
    This is one of Alisa's throws. She gives you her head and it explodes. Pretty funny

Not as funny as when you break it though. If Law escaped this throw, he would quickly and frantically put Alisa's head back on. It's hilarious

That.
    Is.
    Brilliant!
    :D

slash000 on
    edited October 2009
    For some reason the masochist in me wants to learn Zafina. Initially I assume it should be fine playing her since with the increase in fighting game interest it should breed new blood into the game (I hope) and as such I will just need to learn to beat scrubby versions of the usual popular crew.

Who will be Tekken 6's online Ken? Currently I am leaning towards Steve, Jin, Law, or Lars. Outside chance but possibles are Paul and Nina imo.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Please...Hwaorang and Eddie. Back in the days of Tekken 3, they were the characters you picked when you wanted to scrub up some wins. Probably Jin too, because he was the main in said game.

That said Jin and Lily for me all the way!

Dragkonias on
    edited October 2009
    Idk Steve has always been a character I see scrubbed because he's pretty much always top tier. Bad Steve is SOOOO bad tho. As for your Tekken 3 rational Law also has always been in that group, ZOMG FLIP KICKS!!!!!1!!1!

I'm likely to be running Bryan, Dragonov, Zafina to start out. I usually end up with some sort of Mishima/Kazama in my camp this time it's looking like Kazuya.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Airan wrote: »
    Doesn't Alisa have exploding arms too? Or is that her throw break? She's full of surprises :lol:

She has chainsaw arms.

She is the best new character.

Asuka will always be my main though.

Antihippy on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Please...Hwaorang and Eddie. Back in the days of Tekken 3, they were the characters you picked when you wanted to scrub up some wins. Probably Jin too, because he was the main in said game.

Nothing quite as much fun as a Hwoarang/Baek fight. KICKSTORM!

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I've been a Tekken fan ever since I played the demo for 2 that game with my Playstation. This will be bought so hard (360 version.)

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    edited October 2009
    Airan wrote: »

She has chainsaw arms.

She is the best new character.

Asuka will always be my main though.

She should lift her skirt and lasers shoot out. Or more chainsaws.

Cantido on