As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

• ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I do agree with what VH is saying; with such gourmet and exotic options, getting things like cheese and crackers or chicken tenders is a little underwhelming. But I think the only fair way to go about constructing the menu, when it's so open and full of so many choices, is to vote. I don't want to just pick the stuff that sounds tasty to me.

That being said, the hummus and the beef tenderloin on baguette sound amazing.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I won't mind how the menu goes down although I'm totally planning on sushi.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    well i guess i know what i'll be filling up on .. . chicken tenders and cheese. . . .

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since there seems to be some grief about the choices rising to the tops of the polls, would you consider trimming about the really low polling options and posting a Round 2 of selections, Arco?

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MoreGrease wrote: »
    Since there seems to be some grief about the choices rising to the tops of the polls, would you consider trimming about the really low polling options and posting a Round 2 of selections, Arco?

you can't please everyone . . . no matter what the selection, people are going to complain about it. the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and so forth . . .

i'm putting a positive spin on it . . . i really really really like chicken tenders and cheese

edit: whilst cleaning my room i stumbled upon my extra copy of Tron 20th anniversary edition DVD . . . amazon fucked up and sent it to me twice. . . yay. i'd like to donate it to the raffle.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, Tequilla Chicken tenders seem like something that you'd find at TGIF or Applebees. When compared to the other cool appetizers, they seem to lack something. Remember to vote, peoples.

bookofnerds on
    edited August 2009

I won't be able to get to it until later tonight, but that's a fantastic idea.

Later on today I'll be reducing the number of options on the poll by half, with the half having the most votes staying on for another round of voting. If you haven't voted yet on the original poll, do so now!

Arco on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    edit: whilst cleaning my room i stumbled upon my extra copy of Tron 20th anniversary edition DVD . . . amazon fucked up and sent it to me twice. . . yay. i'd like to donate it to the raffle.

Awesome!

I'm glad the raffle is coming together. This will be awesome.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited August 2009
    HAH! I've never seen Tron. Perhaps I will win. >.>

Arco on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    HAH! I've never seen Tron. Perhaps I will win. >.>

Good god man, how old are you?!

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited August 2009
    24?

Arco on
  • bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Uh... can we get an adult to plan this thing.

JK

You're doing a great job, Arco.

bookofnerds on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm just amazed that someone can not see Tron somehow. You are doing an awesome job though, I wouldn't wanna organize this kind of thing :P

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited August 2009
    We just need to find someone near Arco to get him to watch it. With force if necessary. :lol:

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Make sure you watch Tron with the Rifftrax.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    We just need to find someone near Arco to get him to watch it. With force if necessary. :lol:

Bring it on the train. I haven't seen it, either.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Make sure you watch Tron with the Rifftrax.

JoCo and Paul and Storm did a good job on that. One of the better RiffTrax Presents out there.

Although the Running Man w/ Chad Vader and Blame Society is also pretty damn tits.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited August 2009

I'll bring it with Rifftrax on my mp3 player (bringing my full collection of riffed movies most likely), which I can plug into my Xbox and watch from there if we have a screen on the train to do it on.

Raiden333 on
    edited August 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I'll bring it with Rifftrax on my mp3 player (bringing my full collection of riffed movies most likely), which I can plug into my Xbox and watch from there if we have a screen on the train to do it on.

Now I almost wish I wasn't within walking distance of PAX. Hours of rifftrax movies sounds awesome.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    Updated appetizer poll is up and ready for votes. I'm not holding new polls on the platters - there's only 6 and it's pretty clear what people want.

Go vote for your favorite foods!

Arco on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am voting for the same three I did before, Tequila Chicken Tenders, Mini Cheese Tarts, and Beef Sliders. I don't care if they sound like something you would get at Fridays or Applebees, the fact that Taphouse is making them means they will kick ass regardless of how mundane they sound.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited August 2009
    I didn't vote for the Tequila Chicken this time as I figured there'd be enough votes for that.

I voted for the Prawns and Crab Mushrooms, with Veggie kebabs as the vegetarian option I'll never touch.

Raiden333 on
  • DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    not to sound to pessimistic but it seems that every other message claims to hate the veggie option (me included) so why exactly are we having to choose one? lol

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
    edited August 2009
    a) because I'm a vegetarian,

b) because other people are bound to be vegetarians,

c) because even if you aren't vegetarian, it would be good to have at least a few options that didn't involve meat,

d) because vegetarian food can be delicious, contrary to popular belief.

If it makes you feel any better, I voted for two meat options and a veggie option for the appetizer and the platter despite the fact that I won't be eating 2/3 of my votes. :)

Arco on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My girlfriend's vegetarian and consequently anything she cooks (which is very often, <3) is vegetarian and, coincidentally, delicious.

I won't mind having the kabobs there at all =)

Rius on
    edited August 2009
    I voted for the pulled pork and tequila chicken again. Pulled pork can be so delicious especially with a really good sauce and I expect the Taphouse to have just that.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I went for seared ahi among others, just because I'm prolly gonna be going crazy for sushi by the time pax ends.

One thing I do really love about SoCal, lots of gooood, quality sushi places around.

tek on
    edited August 2009
    lol ok ok you got me...besides i will eat it because i am in essence paying for it lol

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mini Cheese Tarts 9% (4 votes)
    Vegetable Kabobs 9% (4 votes)
    Vegetable Gyoza 9% (4 votes)

3-way tie on the veggie dishes, that's what I like to see, lol.

Rius on
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Mini Cheese Tarts 9% (4 votes)
    Vegetable Kabobs 9% (4 votes)
    Vegetable Gyoza 9% (4 votes)

3-way tie on the veggie dishes, that's what I like to see, lol.

The only reason I even voted for a veggie option was that Arco asked us to this time. Wasn't the first poll just pick you're three favorite and if one of the top three isn't a veggie we'll go down the list till we find one?

Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. Anyway I got my vote in for pulled pork so I'm good. This will be a good party regardless of the food.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • BichnKittenBichnKitten Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When is this taking place? Did you ever get enough for the bigger room? We want to sign up but if we wont for sure get in I dont want to....

BichnKitten on
    Yes...their real
    edited August 2009
    Sunday, September 6th at 8:00pm (note the time change, PAX closes at 7:00 this year).

We've still got 33 tickets to go for the bigger room. If you buy tickets for the bigger room and we don't get it, you get a full refund. I highly encourage you to sign up!

Arco on
    edited August 2009
    hey what happened to the link that showed all that are going? i dont see it anywhere

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When is this taking place? Did you ever get enough for the bigger room? We want to sign up but if we wont for sure get in I dont want to....

Please sign up, if everyone who hasn't signed up yet goes in with this mindset then we for sure won't get the big room. Getting a RSVP ticket can only help us towards our goal, and there's no risk to you.

Wormdundee on
    edited August 2009
    29 RSVP tickets left! I know we can do this!

Arco on
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe i almost forgot to sign up. :shock:

Dungeness Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese and Horseradish on Baguette sounds delicious. And what is this vegetable thing you speak of? :p

Thank you Arco for heading this up.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I still think the Tequila Chicken Tenders needs to win, and shouldn't have even been a poll option since it was the highest voted last time and should just be chosen already. Should have just done 2 more polls, one for Veggie option and one for the 2nd Meat(non-chicken) option. But then again I am biased and dislike that something involving blue cheese and horseradish is winning over it.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't mind the Beef Tenderloin on fancy french bread if the blue cheese and horseradish came on the side since those are pretty strong flavors and not everyone is going to want them.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    Well, don't jump the gun yet. There's still 17 days until I have to get this information to Lindsay, and the poll only has 64 votes out of 74 current attendees.

I'm also considering the possibility of combining the votes for the caribbean jerk chicken tenders and the tequila chicken tenders. If you combine those, a chicken tender option has 10 votes, making it the clear front runner. So it's obvious that people would like chicken tenders in some fashion. If that continues to hold true, I think it would be fair to hold a third poll between the two, or flip a coin or something, and put one of the two on the menu.

Also, on the topic of the Billiards Lounge. If we sell 1 ticket per day each day until the 3rd (when I have to give final totals and info to Lindsay), we'll have 91 people. Can I count on everybody there to spend at least $3.50 each on drinks to make up the difference and get us up to the food/drink minimum? ;)

Arco on
  • BichnKittenBichnKitten Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ah sorry guys! It's to late for us :( Kids to get home to...sounds like fun though!

BichnKitten on
    Yes...their real
This discussion has been closed.