As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Astro Gaming is providing PRO/Racks for the Halo 3 Tourney

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
Giving you guys a heads up, Astro Gaming is graciously providing PRO/Racks for the Halo 3 Tourney. You can check out what these look like here:

astro.jpg

To use them, you'll need to bring your own headset and mic, but the idea is that with this setup you can actually talk with your teammates and hear the game audio without screaming over everyone else.

Anyway, here's the info they gave to me about them:

If your headset isn't an ASTRO model, you'll also need to acquire or purchase the ASTRO 4-pole-to-PC adapter in order to attach most dual-jack equipped PC headsets to our 4-pole connector on the PRO/Rack.

If you are bringing a pair of headPHONES (no mic) with a single-ended headphone jack, simply attach your headphone jack into the 3.5mm female dongle corresponding to your station. You'll receive game sound without the need for an adapter.

Oh, and no, it's not required that you use these - they're just cool to have on hand.

(<shill>oh and also if you want to pick up an A40 headset we have a CTS model available here or dig around the site for just the CTS covers</shill>)

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    zyphlarzyphlar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It has been written, and it is true, that Khoo is The Man.

When he shills, even cynical penny-pinchers like me listen. When he speaks, the rivers and earth itself hum in their low melodies to carry his supple voice to eagerly-listening ears. Indeed, without Khoo, how would PAXers like ourselves subsist? A mystery.

zyphlar on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2009
    My voice is supple? I'll have to look into that.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would say more soothing that supple. In fact, I bet if you put out cd's of yourself just talking, it would sell like gangbusters as white noise for relaxation.

The_Reflection on
This discussion has been closed.