As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits for June 2007

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Graphic Violence
The June solicits were posted to Newsarama! Dare I say that they're Marvel-ous?

Marvel June solicits on Newsarama

OH SHI-
PWJ_8.jpg

Im_19.jpg

h4h_11.jpg

GR_12.jpg

HULK_107.jpg

tbolts_115.jpg

bp_29.jpg

AVI_3.jpg

Cap_27.jpg

ff_547.jpg

ms._marvel_16.jpg

ma_4.jpg

Omega_3.jpg

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The art really bugs me in the Punisher image. I'm really not sure what it is.

Edit: Also, what the fuck are Ms. Marvel and Wonderman (in his faaaabulous get up) doing? Is this a fight or Wonder Twin powers activate?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A new Falcon?

Why not just save the time and burn your money, Marvel?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    A new Falcon?

Why not just save the time and burn your money, Marvel?

What are you talking about here?

DJ Eebs on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cover of Cap #27. Is that not supposed to be a new Falcon?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2007
    No, that's the current Falcon.

DJ Eebs on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Edit: Also, what the fuck are Ms. Marvel and Wonderman (in his faaaabulous get up) doing? Is this a fight or Wonder Twin powers activate?

I'd hate to be Simon if it IS a fight.
    "Carol, I'm gonna hit you so hard your grandkids will have brain damage!"
    "Simon, I absorb energy."
    "I...Uh oh."

The Muffin Man on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Vindicator will you ever change your costume? I think that's why he's crying?

If they want to make "Omega Flight" worth buying sticking to the same old Alpha Flight shtic isn't the way to go. If that was a good idea there would still be an Alpha Flight comic out and they wouldn't be starting over again with Omega.

I'm enjoying most of the artwork on these covers, maybe three of them leave me cold.

I can't believe June is almost here, time is accelerating and sadly my wallet isn't keeping pace!

Caveman Paws on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Does anyone else find it odd that a woman isn't the focus on a Frank Cho cover?

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

The link in the OP says that Wonderman is being controled by MODOK. I guess that's cool, except that, you know, MODOK is supposed to be a genius and therefore probably shouldn't be picking an energy-based fighter to kill Ms. Marvel.

Also, that Mighty Avengers cover is pretty rad. I sure loves me some Ares.

Also, here's my obligitory question for a preview thread: So what's Humbug's deal? Can he control bugs or something? Does his robot suit make him extra-strong? Because the reason I ask is, I don't see how Miek and the Brood thing won't stomp his lame, ant-man poser ass.

TehChowd on
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Because it's beefy and static?

Pb on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The punishers new look sucks. The colors, the boots (especially) the stupid eye goggle thingies. One big mistake. And why is he fighting a nazi? Not that you need a reason to fight a Nazi I'm just curious.

*Sees this going the way of the Superman wannabe's* Bucky, Punisher, god knows who will come out looking/representing cap next.

Caveman Paws on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well it looks like Ghost Rider is going to get himself some in the Planet Hulk story line...course I would have loved to see anyone tell him he had to register in civil war.

I wanna see what happens if the hulk gets hit with the penance stare.

Psychotic One on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow, they're really tapping out that whole Marvel Zombies thing as quickly as they can, huh?

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The punishers new look sucks. The colors, the boots (especially) the stupid eye goggle thingies. One big mistake. And why is he fighting a nazi? Not that you need a reason to fight a Nazi I'm just curious.

*Sees this going the way of the Superman wannabe's* Bucky, Punisher, god knows who will come out looking/representing cap next.

Didn't you notice the mask? He's Captain America now! Captain America always fights Nazis.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FUCKING CURL UP AND DIE, MICHAEL TURNER! GOD DAMN IT.

Honestly, the man does nothing but covers now, and he can't even manage to make a single one that looks somewhat decent.

DarkPrimus on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pb wrote: »

Because it's beefy and static?

The two of them look like they were drawn separately, then overlapped. I think my least favorite thing about the cover is the similarities in costume design. I mean, is there an internationally themed costume shop that only sells one design for huge, overly-beefy dudes? It makes me wonder if Frank can handle a costume faux pas since he's not a cape. Maybe it'll just make him murder more.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    FUCKING CURL UP AND DIE, MICHAEL TURNER! GOD DAMN IT..

What a nice thing to say about a guy who's been fighting cancer for the last three years, especially because you don't like the way he draws your imaginary superhero friends.

Seriously, can we stop complaining about creators for like two minutes?

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hughtron wrote: »

What has he created in the past five years, exactly?

DarkPrimus on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow alot of cool looking stuff in June.

I like how it looks like Winter Solider is going to take the more stright forward Cap approach and we still get to see Punisher killing people in the name of the USA. Makes me proud to be a comic reader.

I can see someone looking at "Cap" and being like "Wheres your shield?"

Then Frank blows their head off.

Also horrary for Planet Hulk.

Bucketman on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hulk punching off an Iron Man robot's head is awesome.

Hmmm. StarkBots? Tony really is stealing Doom's style!

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    hughtron wrote: »

What has he created in the past five years, exactly?

The real question is, what the fuck does it matter? Why does five years matter? He's still created plenty of shit, and his covers don't look so bad that you have to be fucking dumbfuck. Who cares, it's a damn cover to a comic book that, at most, costs 3$.

Crayon on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey bitches. Nova. An ultimatum to register from Stark. The T-Bolts stupidly going after him. Penance vs. Nova.

June can't come fast enough.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited March 2007
    Because people complaining about people complaining about creators are less annoying than people complaining about creators. People aren't going to stop complaining about Michael Turner whoever else the hated artist du jour is.

Anyway, Marvel seems to be doing a pretty good job of choosing artists that fit the niches the books occupy. It's pretty cool that it's not all the same art style across the board. That Iron Man cover makes me want to try Painter.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why does Black Widow have energy blasts?

deadonthestreet on
    edited March 2007

Her bracelets shoot her zipline thing and her widow's bite electric shock, so maybe they got upgraded with more functions?

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007

Her bracelets shoot her zipline thing and her widow's bite electric shock, so maybe they got upgraded with more functions?
    Or maybe Wasp's hair was accidentally colored red.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited March 2007
    I think the Wasp is flying above Ms. Marvel's arms.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I think the Wasp is flying above Ms. Marvel's arms.

Oh I thought that was debris from Ares' axerape to the Iron Man suit.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Captain Punisher looks less terrible in this image than the one they first showed. I still don't really like it, though.

Hulk smashing Iron Man robot gave me an erection, though.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't think we're meant to take Captain Punisher seriously. I mean, War Journal is 50% humor.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    LOL That cover of the new Guardian reminds me of those crying native American images.
    "Why must you leave broken glass in the river we drink from. WHY!?!"
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Hulk smashing Iron Man robot gave me an erection, though.
    Yeahbuhwhat?! O_o

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehChowd wrote: »
    Also, here's my obligitory question for a preview thread: So what's Humbug's deal? Can he control bugs or something? Does his robot suit make him extra-strong? Because the reason I ask is, I don't see how Miek and the Brood thing won't stomp his lame, ant-man poser ass.
    He can mentally communicate with and thereby control bugs, yes, though it usually seems to be more like he's asking them to help rather than commanding them, at least to me. Though it makes mention of 'amplified powers', which I don't think has actually occurred in the comic yet, so we'll have to see.

Edit: for a minute I thought the StarkBots on the Mighty Avengers cover were the Stuart Clarke mini-bots making an appearance from Punisher War Journal. Plus, has Sentry really had so much of a life yet that it needs to change ... FOREVER! so soon?

Wildcat on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    man, those Planet Hulk Covers are awesome.

I love that Ghost Rider/Hulk one.

Sharp101 on
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    TehChowd wrote: »
    He can mentally communicate with and thereby control bugs, yes, though it usually seems to be more like he's asking them to help rather than commanding them, at least to me. Though it makes mention of 'amplified powers', which I don't think has actually occurred in the comic yet, so we'll have to see.

Edit: for a minute I thought the StarkBots on the Mighty Avengers cover were the Stuart Clarke mini-bots making an appearance from Punisher War Journal. Plus, has Sentry really had so much of a life yet that it needs to change ... FOREVER! so soon?

Also, since Miek and the Brood are insectoid, and Humbug won't be totally outmatched. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to those issues quite a bit.

wwtMask on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I actually quite like Humbug too, so I'll get them also.

(I was very sad to hear Colleen diss Humbug in the last issue, I really thought there was potential there.)

Wildcat on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually went all the way to Marvel's site thanks to a post at Newsarama. Take a look at the covers for the three main Spider-Man books in June.

899new_storyimage4051585_full.jpg
    899new_storyimage4051676_full.jpg
    899new_storyimage4051701_full.jpg

Owenashi on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Interesting...

august on
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I actually quite like Humbug too, so I'll get them also.

(I was very sad to hear Misty diss Humbug in the last issue, I really thought there was potential there.)

Um, no. Misty and Iron Fist have a thing. Humbug...I dunno, he's gonna strike out with the girls on the team. Tarantula's got her eyes on Shang Chi, Misty's taken, and Black Cat and Colleen seem pretty uninterested.

wwtMask on
    edited March 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Actually went all the way to Marvel's site thanks to a post at Newsarama. Take a look at the covers for the three main Spider-Man books in June.

899new_storyimage4051585_full.jpg
    899new_storyimage4051676_full.jpg
    899new_storyimage4051701_full.jpg

Is it bad that I can't tell which cover is for which book? I'm starting to wonder if I should get Sensasational along with Amazing and Friendly Neighborhood...

wwtMask on