Ultimate Spider-Thread!

1525355575862

Posts

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Wolverine to be Ultimate Ghost Rider

    Hey don't get your faggot in my rad

    Me Too! on
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Matrias wrote: »
    The Gwen and Peter kiss left a bad taste in my mouth. Didn't feel right.

    I think it ruined the whole issue for me. I didn't think I liked MJs character that much, but I guess I did.

    I have a feeling the whole sex issue will pop up (ha!) again, since they all just survived a super duper catastrophe and felt like it was the right time, and it messed up their relationship.

    TexiKen on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    All I know is this will eventually lead to Gwen getting pitched off a bridge and I can live with that

    Me Too! on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gwen will totally turn back into Carnage, swing back to the top of the bridge, and eat the Green Goblin or whomever knocked her off. Then she'll offer to have sex with Peter right there, he'll decline, and in the years to come he'll suffer constant flashbacks and regard that moment as the worst, most traumatic mistake of his entire superhero career.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I mean really

    Chick turns into a red homicidal monster and then turns back and wants to fuck on top of a bridge?

    You bet your ass I'd do it

    Me Too! on
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Chick turns into a red homicidal monster and then turns back and wants to fuck on top of a bridge?

    Don't they do that every month? *rimshot*

    TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The dickheads who run one of my LCS's are charging $25 fucking dollars for the foilgram UC variants. Say what you will about the decision from Marvel to even offer them but they made it clear it wasn't supposed to raise the cost of the comic! And the LCS I go to doesn't offer them on general principle so I can't even get them now.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    See, I thought all the issues were to be foilosupergrams, so there wouldn't be the inflation. But my LCS was selling the Avengers and Spidey variants for $15.

    TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think Quesada, who btw says it wasn't his decision to offer foilgram covers, said those covers are just like regular variants and should be treated as such. Maybe I'm just spoiled since my LCS doesn't charge extra for any variant covers. They're not too fond of screwing over their customers, which is why I'm loyal to them.

    On a side note, the other comic shop I mentioned actually sold out of the UCSM foilgram variants. I don't know how many they ordered but someone or ones willingly paid 25 bucks for a regular variant.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The dickheads who run one of my LCS's are charging $25 fucking dollars for the foilgram UC variants. Say what you will about the decision from Marvel to even offer them but they made it clear it wasn't supposed to raise the cost of the comic! And the LCS I go to doesn't offer them on general principle so I can't even get them now.

    Most shops charge extra for variants. They have to order a certain amount of the normal cover to get one variant cover.

    Garlic Bread on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, normal variants at my shop are $10, with the foil Ultimate Comics going for $20.

    Hensler on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    All I know is this will eventually lead to Gwen getting pitched off a bridge and I can live with that

    There's absolutely no reason to have that happen in the Ultimate Universe. She already died once, and I'm hopeful that means she gets to stick around for the rest of the comic.

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DVG wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    All I know is this will eventually lead to Gwen getting pitched off a bridge and I can live with that

    There's absolutely no reason to have that happen in the Ultimate Universe. She already died once, and I'm hopeful that means she gets to stick around for the rest of the comic.

    Same. Gwen is awesome.

    Still, a fight between Carnage and whatever MJ turned into would be awesome.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gwen's cool but oh lord does the new artist draw her creepy

    deadonthestreet on
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, how's Ultimatum & USM going? I haven't read USM since Eddie Brock's return.

    Iriah on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Iriah wrote: »
    So, how's Ultimatum & USM going? I haven't read USM since Eddie Brock's return.

    Ultimatum
    Spider-man died when hulk exploded Dr. Strange's big glowing orb thing. :(
    Spider-man Ultimatum Requiem
    But then he didn't! :D
    Ultimate Comics Spider-man
    And six months later he's making out with Gwen! :shock:
    Sentry wrote: »
    Still, a fight between Carnage and whatever MJ turned into would be awesome.

    I think that was called Scarlet Beast or somesuch.

    darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Iriah wrote: »
    So, how's Ultimatum & USM going? I haven't read USM since Eddie Brock's return.

    Ultimatum
    Spider-man died when hulk exploded Dr. Strange's big glowing orb thing. :(
    Spider-man Ultimatum Requiem
    But then he didn't! :D
    Ultimate Comics Spider-man
    And six months later he's making out with Gwen! :shock:
    Sentry wrote: »
    Still, a fight between Carnage and whatever MJ turned into would be awesome.

    I think that was called Scarlet Beast or somesuch.

    so it's... mixed? or just bad?

    Iriah on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    darunia106 wrote: »
    I think that was called Scarlet Beast or somesuch.

    It's Ultimate Proto-Goblin, really

    Me Too! on
  • DreamonDreamon Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Iriah wrote: »
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Iriah wrote: »
    So, how's Ultimatum & USM going? I haven't read USM since Eddie Brock's return.

    Ultimatum
    Spider-man died when hulk exploded Dr. Strange's big glowing orb thing. :(
    Spider-man Ultimatum Requiem
    But then he didn't! :D
    Ultimate Comics Spider-man
    And six months later he's making out with Gwen! :shock:
    Sentry wrote: »
    Still, a fight between Carnage and whatever MJ turned into would be awesome.

    I think that was called Scarlet Beast or somesuch.

    so it's... mixed? or just bad?

    Ultimatum is one of the most terrible and sickening things that ever happened to the Ultimate Universe. Terrible Narration, dumb plot, overused gore etc etc

    USM seems to be pulling itself back together. The Current plot seems quite interesting though it is still too early to speak since only 1 issue had been relased.

    Dreamon on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    UCA though is going to be fucking tits

    WHAT KIND OF GIRL IS STOPPED BY A BOMB

    Me Too! on
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    UCA though is going to be fucking tits

    WHAT KIND OF GIRL IS STOPPED BY A BOMB

    Ultimate Cap is the best.

    Or at least he was until Ultimates 3.

    But he's back now and we can all be happy.

    Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    meh... Ultimate Cap has never rung true to me. I mean, I get where they are coming from, with him being a product of the 30's and 40's and that explaining his attitude... but it always sounds so forced and hokey... I'm just not a fan.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Did dudes from the 30's and 40's really talk like that?

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Of course they did Robos.

    Your crazy 2000's brain can't process it.

    Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CBR has an advanced look at the covers for all the Ultimate Comics coming out in November.

    And naturally, still no sign of New Ultimates or another ongoing. Regarding New Ultimates, I'm guessing one of two things. Either Marvel has listened to all the fan hatred toward Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum and just dropped the book altogether, or they're giving Frank Cho ample time to get issues done so there will no delays when it does come out. Since I know it isn't the first option, I'm going for the second.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bleeding Cool reported from Chicago that Frank Cho has one issue of New Ultimates done, after having originally started with sketches for the series 5 months ago.

    TexiKen on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I thought I read they only had like 1 issue drawn so far and werent soliciting it til Cho finished drawing more ass shots.

    KVW on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When I talked with Cho at a convention in June he mentioned he had issue 1 done and was working on 2. Interestingly, he said he's only doing 5 issues total, and didn't even realize it supposed to be an ongoing.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    CBR has an advanced look at the covers for all the Ultimate Comics coming out in November.

    And naturally, still no sign of New Ultimates or another ongoing. Regarding New Ultimates, I'm guessing one of two things. Either Marvel has listened to all the fan hatred toward Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum and just dropped the book altogether, or they're giving Frank Cho ample time to get issues done so there will no delays when it does come out. Since I know it isn't the first option, I'm going for the second.

    The fourth book is going to be Ultimate Armor Wars and it's a mini

    Me Too! on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm pretty sure Marvel said the 4th book would be an ongoing but I might be wrong. I just want to see Ed Brubaker write an Ultimate Comics book just to see him cut loose in a less restrictive (in terms of continuity) environment.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen lllllet's go! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's a Loeb/Art Adams book that has been in the pipeline for a good while.

    TexiKen on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Did dudes from the 30's and 40's really talk like that?

    See. I really don't think they did. I just think everyone who writes Cap thinks they did.

    Cap just comes off as a giant, anachronistic douche to be completely honest.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's not enough goshes or gees for him to be authentic 30's and 40's. And not enough calling woman dames.

    I remember having to watch a Disney documentary for an animation class I took way back when, where they had some early recordings\interviews of animators from that period talking. It was pretty aggravating to listen to them speak.

    Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    man calling women dames is classy

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, but then he follows it up by complaining about integrated water fountains.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • RingoRingo He/Him Bury me at Lone Tree DenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am pro-demeaning women, I guess, is what I am saying

    Though dames is pretty inoffensive in my eyes, if TLB likes it you know there's something wrong

    Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    that ain't true at all

    everything I like is awesome

    fact

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • DeJesusDeJesus Registered User
    edited August 2009
    I'm glad cap isn't an all gollygee boyscout. i think if he was a war hero who was constantly in the midst of it, he'd have to be a bad ass, and guys in the army would respect a bad ass. My biiggest problem with UA was the ending.
    red skull is caps kid. come on! how corny and overused is this chestnut? i would have rather red skull was ultimate caps bucky? or how about japanese from nagasaki? how about thw only succesful supe soldier from the nazi's program? anything other than caps kid really would have been better.

    Other than that i can't complain about the issue, good art, interesting enough restart.

    I was more disappointed with ult spidey. can't say i care for the art. honestly bagley was impossible to live up to, and I've got a pretty big hate on for anime style american art. And the writing was a little too vague. I don't want to have to care about who this tall dude in the red is.
    I can't see how peter is not with mj after ultimatum. Gwen was never into him before why now? seems contrived. where's the clone? wheres kitty? wheres iceman? wheres whats her name who catches on fire and went to the xmen? wheres the dialogue and te humor that made me like ult spidey in the first place?

    For the most part ultimatum was a piece of crap, which we all need to be extricated from post haste.

    DeJesus on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Did dudes from the 30's and 40's really talk like that?

    See. I really don't think they did. I just think everyone who writes Cap thinks they did.

    Cap just comes off as a giant, anachronistic douche to be completely honest.

    It would work better, I think, if the other characters weren't such assholes too.

    durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DeJesus are you implying that 616 Steve Rogers is not a badass

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.