As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cross-Country Supertrip 2009: There and Back Again

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nevermind! Moe came up with a cunning Plan B! CCST is still on for me, though there won't officially be a New England car going all the way across anymore... but from the silence, it sounds like no one up here in the frozen Northeast wanted to make the trek except myself anyways. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CCST 2009: Year of the Plan B

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Does your friend still have his BYOC seat to sell? I'll be bringing a laptop from work for some connectivity over the weekend, among other reasons, and while it's not a gaming laptop in any sense of the word, it might be nice to have the spot... I am torn about this.

Rius on
    edited August 2009
    I've got to talk to him about it, I'll keep you posted! I know he's got to give it away/sell it/try to get a refund or it's just going to be a lost spot, but I don't think he knows that yet. I'll give him a call after work tonight.

VThornheart on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nevermind! Moe came up with a cunning Plan B! CCST is still on for me, though there won't officially be a New England car going all the way across anymore... but from the silence, it sounds like no one up here in the frozen Northeast wanted to make the trek except myself anyways. =)

So what is going on with VTs car now? I would like to know because I was planning on borrowing one of his riders to drive my car between Ohio and Indiana. I pick up my two other group members at the Indiana waypoint.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    He's in the awesome van now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He's been assimilated??

The awesome van is becoming Team Borg.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited August 2009
    Damnit, when I drove a van it was all doom and gloom and blowouts... Moe hasn't even driven yet, and his van is already awesome.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Yeah well that's what happens when I spend three times renting what you did buying.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    Oy, I'd forgotten about that Mentok! =( Aye, I lost my other driver, so now I'm essentially driverless and must meld into another car to survive. =(

However, since I'm still coming, I can still drive with you to Indiana!

VThornheart on
  • Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just looked over the handbook. Thanks for putting that together, guys.

I'm not sure who all is familiar with the drive through the Chicago area, but because of the construction and wacky lane merges, if you haven't driven it before, it can be pretty easy to get sucked into an "express" lane (in quotes because they're one lane and inevitably slow down to a standstill), or worse, the open toll lanes. Illinois has the I Pass, not sure if it's compatible with other electronic tolling systems, though. The open toll lanes let you go through without stopping, scanning your device. Unfortunately you'll get a ticket if you go through without one, and in some toll plazas, there are 4 or 5 open lanes and only 2 or 3 cash lanes, and in most cases, they are exact change. Just be careful of that, and I would highly recommend having exact change for the tolls, at least in Illinois.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, we've been through a few times. The key is for us to stay together, which does involve pulling over and stopping after tolls to allow the rest of the group to get through. Although, this should go much faster this year, as there are fewer cars.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    Chicago... it sucks, but it isn't as bad as Montana.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2009
    Nothing is as bad as Montana.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Except Evil Montana!!

It has a goatee, so you know it's evil

JonnyNero on
    edited August 2009
    What about Shaft? He's one bad mother...

Bob Jackass on

Twitter
    edited August 2009
    Doesn't Moe have a Goatee?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited August 2009
    edited August 2009
    VThornHeart, did you talk to Adam about the BYOC pass? I've decided I'd definitely like to buy it from him, if possible.

Rius on
  • teh1337ninj4teh1337ninj4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    this may be a redundant question but what channel will the radios be on, I was looking in the hand book but I didn't see it.

teh1337ninj4 on
    edited August 2009
    Radio channels change over the trip. Just remember to ask when you join up and we'll let you know what channel we're using.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• teh1337ninj4teh1337ninj4 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ok thanks

teh1337ninj4 on
    edited August 2009
    I've had a hard time finding Adam this week, I think he's out looking for a new apartment, but I sent him an E-Mail with the info about how he can come here and sell/give it away or apply for a refund if he wants... so hopefully he'll do one of the two soon =)

VThornheart on
    edited August 2009
    Thanks =) Transfer deadline is this Friday, and I've heard that the process takes a few days, so if he wants to do anything with it he might want to hurry, hehe.

Rius on
  • Nunderw00bNunderw00b Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Where can I park in Fargo, North Dakota for a week?

Nunderw00b on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text <3 Moe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1970.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Um, I don't know. Who are you riding with, because I don't have you on the roster?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    Holy Shit, one week left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PANIC!!!

JonnyNero on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am going to get the audio cable in my car replaced before the trip. The one I have right now
    is showing the signs of advanced wear and tear. Just jostling the cord while it is plugged in
    causes one side of the audio to go silent.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    It is a hard enough sale for the wife to try and do the Texas driving group without having to wait in MO for a week. So you might want to check the Texas timetable so Texas people don't just say: A NINE DAY DRIVE? SCREW THAT!

Speaking from experience...its no where close. We left Tuesday last year at about 10am from Dallas tuesday and made it to Fargo with enough time to grab a nap even if the main group was on time.

Right. I was commenting on the fact that the date for the Texas groups departure had not been changed from last year, which was a full week earlier than it should be this year. It was just a typo but when my wife and I were first talking about it it didn't hit me for a while that there is no way it would take a week to drive to PAX.

The dates for the Texas route have STILL not been changed, I was getting ready to go meet the guys today till I took a closer look at the date: Tuesday AUGUST 26? Today's the 25th. Oh they never fixed the dates that I pointed out 5 months ago. Good to know.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited August 2009
    The dates and times in the handbook that Moe emailed to everyone are correct.

Bob Jackass on

Twitter
    edited August 2009
    The dates and times in the handbook that Moe emailed to everyone are correct.

Which if he were to sign up in the first place, he would have gotten.

Which leads me to wonder if he is on the trip or not. I look at the OP and don't see him, so therefore I am going to assume that he is not taking the official trip, so therefore, we will not wait in Dallas for him.

If I am wrong, please correct me

JonnyNero on
    edited August 2009
    No I have to fly due to work and such, I was just going to be waiting for you guys in Dallas. Forgive me if I was a little short, but I nearly drove an hour and half to wait for no one because the only resource I had access to has the wrong dates.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited August 2009
    While yes, the handbook dates are true and correct, I just noticed that under the Houston TX to Valley View TX, the departure point says Dallas. Oops. Sorry about not fixing the typo, but I've had a lot going on this summer. What's important is that we're 7 days away.

Also. ElderCat, I don't have any definite information for you. No e-mail or cell phone. I wasn't even aware there was another car coming from Texas. Your only posts in this thread date back to March and only expressed an inkling of interest. If you are joining us, I need you to PM or email me your info in the format laid out in the OP ASAP so I can update the contact sheet and send you the necessary materials.

edit: oh, well that explains it

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    No worries Moe, I didn't know there was another resource for the people that already committed. I decided to fly, but still wanted to meet the caravan as it passed through just to say hi. I didn't mean to panic everyone, I was just surpised that the dates in the second post are still wrong.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited August 2009
    Ah, well then. Didn't mean to jump on you there. Last year we had a car that just showed up on us, so I'm a little paranoid about things like that happening. Back in 06 we had a guy who drove up from denver to meet us in Montana alone, after we already told him it was stupid and he wouldn't make it. The only thing that kept him from driving off the side of a mountain was the stalwart endurance of our own Qs23, as the only driver capable of driving a manual transmission.

What can I say, I get jumpy when we're a week out.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    No I have to fly due to work and such, I was just going to be waiting for you guys in Dallas. Forgive me if I was a little short, but I nearly drove an hour and half to wait for no one because the only resource I had access to has the wrong dates.

Ah, ok then!

Well, since we are the only car from Texas, the times are more of a suggestion. We are actually going to leave a little bit later than any of the times say because since we're only meeting people in Fargo, we are going to fly (down the road) since we're only waiting on our car to gas up and use the bathroom. So I couldn't really tell you when we'll be in Dallas. We're still deciding on if leaving from Austin would be better than from Houston

JonnyNero on
    edited August 2009
    Oh, well good thing I said something then. I understand not wanting to wait around if no one is coming. If you guys just want to play it loose day of, I guess I will just see you at PAX then.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Ah, well then. Didn't mean to jump on you there. Last year we had a car that just showed up on us, so I'm a little paranoid about things like that happening. Back in 06 we had a guy who drove up from denver to meet us in Montana alone, after we already told him it was stupid and he wouldn't make it. The only thing that kept him from driving off the side of a mountain was the stalwart endurance of our own Qs23, as the only driver capable of driving a manual transmission.

What can I say, I get jumpy when we're a week out.

Speaking of which Moe, didn't you say that you were going to learn how to drive a stick?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Nunderw00bNunderw00b Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not on the list cuz I won't be in with the Supertrip. I'm actually going to be a day ahead of everyone. I'm meeting my brother-in-law in Fargo, and from there will be riding with him and a couple friends to Seattle. We will be taking the same route as the supertrip and figured I'd find out where everyone who meets up in Fargo parks for the duration.

Nunderw00b on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text <3 Moe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1970.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Well if you're meeting your brother-in-law, I would say you should park your car at his place. Yeah, we stop in Fargo, but nobody leaves there car there.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.