As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MT_Max wrote: »
    celandine wrote: »
    My 0.02 on the Catholicism debate, especially the Ed/Melkster spat:

Some kids will take religious teaching "harder" than others. Whether it's damaging depends on the type of religious instruction, but also on the kid. Sometimes the worrying kid grows up to be an adult who's constructively preoccupied with religious/philosophical issues (say, Simone Weil.)
    o_O
    "abuse that made it difficult for me to lead a normal life." The last is an absolute no-no, of course, but the first three also exist.

Like taking Father Smedley's cock in the ass on a weekly basis kind of abuse? Yea that'd be a no-no alright.

Umm I don't think thats exactly what she meant.

Gammarah on
  • Ed321Ed321 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Melkster wrote: »
    Ed321 wrote: »

Some kids will take religious teaching "harder" than others. In the same Sunday school, one kid will get really stressed out over his own sinfulness, while another will just learn the prayers and not take it too personally. (I'm not Catholic, but I was definitely one to take religion personally and worry about it; my sister wasn't.) Whether it's damaging depends on the type of religious instruction, but also on the kid. Sometimes the worrying kid grows up to be an adult who's constructively preoccupied with religious/philosophical issues (say, Simone Weil.)

There really does seem to be a range between "valuable to me to this day," "dull but no problem," "made me miserable at the time, but I'm fine now" and "abuse that made it difficult for me to lead a normal life." The last is an absolute no-no, of course, but the first three also exist.

Yes, exactly. That's what I was trying to say. I was definitely the kind of kid who took everything my authority figures told me quite seriously. I believed what they said. So, I took the religion quite seriously.
    denying a kid ... access to books that contradict a religion, trying to isolate him from the outside world -- you know, bad stuff. Truly stunting the capacity for independent thought.
    The bad stuff happens. Physical and emotional abuse happens. Often in the context of religion. Your garden-variety Sunday school is not in that category, most of the time.

Yeah, that's what happened to me my sophomore year of High School after my Catholic parents found a post made by me on an internet forum (not this one, it was back in 2001) about coming out to a friend as both gay and an atheist. Parents allowed me no internet, was restricted access to friends, no telephone for about a year, plus mandatory Youth Group attendance. For my junior and senior years, all my activity on the internet was very restricted (e.g., every website was blocked besides a pre-approved Pro-Catholic list). But by that point I didn't care, because I believed everything they told me.

That was the "abuse." I had little choice but to believe the crap I was fed, and it took years for me to break free of it again. Not that it was all their fault, maybe I should have been stronger or smarter or rebelled against them or something. But I didn't. You guys were probably stronger than me as a child.

Woah woah woah, if all you've been saying is "well moderate stuff is acceptable but extremism is bad for kids" there would've been no point in your taking issue with original reply to my post, because I'd already said that stuff the page before and was replying to chopper dave:

I never said that, and I don't believe it. Teaching children to believe in mortal sin and hell is cruel because a certain percentage of kids will actually believe you and take it seriously.

(Unless, of course, it's actually true, in which case, yeah, you should teach them what's true, and they should [appropriately] be worried about it.)

Where did I say that "moderate stuff is acceptable?" :x

You said "Yes exactly" to celandine's post, who said in the same part of the post you quoted:
    Whether it's damaging depends on the type of religious instruction

If you're still against raising kids according to a religion, fair enough, you're being consistent.

Ed321 on
  • nuclearalchemistnuclearalchemist Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have a story about a girl that I sorta dated. It was sophmore year of college, I had been interested in this girl, my best friend having similar feelings towards her. As we got to know her better and better, she and I began to hang out a lot, and wound up hanging out one on one a few times. Now before this, I knew she was religious, but I had never gotten how religious. This is where things start to get interesting. Now, my best friend that was also interested in her went to take the free massage class that the university offered. He began to give her free backrubs, etc etc, but every time she got a back rub, she didn't like it very much unless he went REALLY hard on it.

A few weeks into this, with her and I hanging out a lot and such, us two (best friend and I), her, and another one of my friends sat down to watch a movie. A movie that she had picked out because it "spoke" to her. We were expecting a Christ-centric movie, knowing her tastes.

It was the Secretary.

For those of you who may not know, the movie is about S+M. During the entire time, my best friend and I just started looking at each other with that look of 'oh god, what did we get outselves into.' Unfortunately, neither of us wound up dating her.

nuclearalchemist on
    ~Eigen-fleichen
    edited August 2009
    I have a story about a girl that I sorta dated. It was sophmore year of college, I had been interested in this girl, my best friend having similar feelings towards her. As we got to know her better and better, she and I began to hang out a lot, and wound up hanging out one on one a few times. Now before this, I knew she was religious, but I had never gotten how religious. This is where things start to get interesting. Now, my best friend that was also interested in her went to take the free massage class that the university offered. He began to give her free backrubs, etc etc, but every time she got a back rub, she didn't like it very much unless he went REALLY hard on it.

A few weeks into this, with her and I hanging out a lot and such, us two (best friend and I), her, and another one of my friends sat down to watch a movie. A movie that she had picked out because it "spoke" to her. We were expecting a Christ-centric movie, knowing her tastes.

It was the Secretary.

For those of you who may not know, the movie is about S+M. During the entire time, my best friend and I just started looking at each other with that look of 'oh god, what did we get outselves into.' Unfortunately, neither of us wound up dating her.

That last line doesn't really match what you've been telling us so far about how freaky you two found it :?

Ed321 on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Some kids will take religious teaching "harder" than others. In the same Sunday school, one kid will get really stressed out over his own sinfulness, while another will just learn the prayers and not take it too personally. (I'm not Catholic, but I was definitely one to take religion personally and worry about it; my sister wasn't.) Whether it's damaging depends on the type of religious instruction, but also on the kid. Sometimes the worrying kid grows up to be an adult who's constructively preoccupied with religious/philosophical issues (say, Simone Weil.)

There really does seem to be a range between "valuable to me to this day," "dull but no problem," "made me miserable at the time, but I'm fine now" and "abuse that made it difficult for me to lead a normal life." The last is an absolute no-no, of course, but the first three also exist.

Yes, exactly. That's what I was trying to say. I was definitely the kind of kid who took everything my authority figures told me quite seriously. I believed what they said. So, I took the religion quite seriously.
    denying a kid ... access to books that contradict a religion, trying to isolate him from the outside world -- you know, bad stuff. Truly stunting the capacity for independent thought.
    The bad stuff happens. Physical and emotional abuse happens. Often in the context of religion. Your garden-variety Sunday school is not in that category, most of the time.

Yeah, that's what happened to me my sophomore year of High School after my Catholic parents found a post made by me on an internet forum (not this one, it was back in 2001) about coming out to a friend as both gay and an atheist. Parents allowed me no internet, was restricted access to friends, no telephone for about a year, plus mandatory Youth Group attendance. For my junior and senior years, all my activity on the internet was very restricted (e.g., every website was blocked besides a pre-approved Pro-Catholic list). But by that point I didn't care, because I believed everything they told me.

That was the "abuse." I had little choice but to believe the crap I was fed, and it took years for me to break free of it again. Not that it was all their fault, maybe I should have been stronger or smarter or rebelled against them or something. But I didn't. You guys were probably stronger than me as a child.

Woah woah woah, if all you've been saying is "well moderate stuff is acceptable but extremism is bad for kids" there would've been no point in your taking issue with original reply to my post, because I'd already said that stuff the page before and was replying to chopper dave:

I never said that, and I don't believe it. Teaching children to believe in mortal sin and hell is cruel because a certain percentage of kids will actually believe you and take it seriously.

(Unless, of course, it's actually true, in which case, yeah, you should teach them what's true, and they should [appropriately] be worried about it.)

You said "Yes exactly" to celandine's post, who said in the same part of the post you quoted:

Ah. Well, the point of Celandine's post was that, given the same plain old Sunday school, one child would take it seriously and be appropriately quite frightened of hell and another would just ignore it (and another would initially take it seriously, but it wouldn't bother then, and another would be emotionally scarred even in adulthood, even when they stopped believing in sin, for that matter.)

I do agree that the type of instruction also plays a role as well. Obviously, if you have a bunch of nuns who tell you about hell every day for an hour in between beatings, that'd probably result in a higher number of kids appropriately frightened of Hell than the traditional Sunday school setting. Of course, the main point is that even in plain regular Sunday schools, kids will take it seriously even if it's not drilled into their head or coupled with another kid of emotional/physical abuse. Some kids are like that. It depends on the kid.
    (For me, my religious upbringing was mild - up until High School. Hell did scare the crap out of me as a small child, though. And it most definitely influenced my response to my parents when they cracked down on me in my teens.)
    If you're still against raising kids according to a religion, fair enough, you're being consistent.

Indeed, I am against that when it comes to the Catholic teaching on mortal sin and hell.

Melkster on
  • MT_MaxMT_Max MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

It was the Secretary.

You failed mankind right there, sir.

MT_Max on
    edited August 2009

Ah. Well, the point of Celandine's post was that, given the same plain old Sunday school, one child would take it seriously and be appropriately quite frightened of hell and another would just ignore it (and another would initially take it seriously, but it wouldn't bother then, and another would be emotionally scarred even in adulthood, even when they stopped believing in sin, for that matter.)

I do agree that the type of instruction also plays a role as well. Obviously, if you have a bunch of nuns who tell you about hell every day for an hour in between beatings, that'd probably result in a higher number of kids appropriately frightened of Hell than the traditional Sunday school setting. Of course, the main point is that even in plain regular Sunday schools, kids will take it seriously even if it's not drilled into their head or coupled with another kid of emotional/physical abuse. Some kids are like that. It depends on the kid.
    (For me, my religious upbringing was mild - up until High School. Hell did scare the crap out of me as a small child, though. And it most definitely influenced my response to my parents when they cracked down on me in my teens.)

Indeed, I am against that when it comes to the Catholic teaching on mortal sin and hell.

I didn't think that was what she was saying considering earlier posts, but it's cool, one of us misinterpreted her.
    And it was you.
    I kid.

Ed321 on
    edited August 2009

I didn't think that was what she was saying considering earlier posts, but it's cool, one of us misinterpreted her.
    And it was you.
    I kid.

I wasn't really considering her earlier posts. I kinda forget who says what - and what those people say over time. I try and just respond to one particular viewpoint at a time.
    I'm terrible.
    Penis.
    Am I doing this right? =x

Melkster on
  • celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, my point is that it seems like given Melks' upbringing, and his personality, he has cause to be upset (ouch, that information lockdown sounds terrible) and given Ed's upbringing and his personality, a Catholic education didn't do him any harm. It's very case-by-case.

I also think that it's not necessarily terrible for kids to have some heavy religious instruction. Even if they don't choose to continue to be religious. I know a lot of adults of an older generation who are completely against organized religion, but have actually benefited from being raised in a religion, with its intense sense of moral obligation (yes, and guilt.) It can be used positively. In the case of traditional Jews and Catholics you also have access to an intellectual tradition: close reading, foreign languages, and reasoned argument. It's useful. (It made me comfortable with footnotes from a very early age.) I do actually want a religious education for my kids when I have them, even if they grow up to reject the whole God thing. (I would never, though, want any child of mine isolated from competing ideas.)

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, my point is that it seems like given Melks' upbringing, and his personality, he has cause to be upset (ouch, that information lockdown sounds terrible) and given Ed's upbringing and his personality, a Catholic education didn't do him any harm. It's very case-by-case.

I also think that it's not necessarily terrible for kids to have some heavy religious instruction. Even if they don't choose to continue to be religious. I know a lot of adults of an older generation who are completely against organized religion, but have actually benefited from being raised in a religion, with its intense sense of moral obligation (yes, and guilt.) It can be used positively. In the case of traditional Jews and Catholics you also have access to an intellectual tradition: close reading, foreign languages, and reasoned argument. It's useful. (It made me comfortable with footnotes from a very early age.) I do actually want a religious education for my kids when I have them, even if they grow up to reject the whole God thing. (I would never, though, want any child of mine isolated from competing ideas.)

This is the point of contention, roughly speaking.

Ed321 on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If I ever have children maybe we will rotate from religion to religion each week. Mass one week, synagoge (sp) the next, maybe throw in a visit to a buddhist temple

we will continue until they all hate me

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think a week's too short. Make it a monthly rotation so they can absorb some of the things. Or at the least, every 2 weeks.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited August 2009
    As long as you take them to art museums and crap.

If it's just to expose them to different points of view, that's good.

If it's to be like, "Hey, kids, these other things are true! You should totally believe them!" then that's dumb. Hopefully you're not like that.

Melkster on
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Allright, I'll bite.

This is the story of a crazy relationship, not exactly a crazy g/f. Be warned dickishness is rampant, and I make apologies in advance. I have matured alot since then and I am currently enamored with a beautiful lady who's only crazy streak involves perfectly straight sheets.

Okay, ready?
    So, if some of you are particularly good at remembering random forum tid-bits, you may remember a few stories I posted in the Strange and Embarrassing Moments threads, where horrible & humorous things happened while I was spending a gap year helping Hungarian high-schoolers learn english. Which basically meant that worked 4 days a week with kids my age or at best 6months younger than me, who could already talk english. On the long weekends I would travel europe drinking and carousing and thinking of new swearwords to teach my students.

And such was life for the time I was there. Talking with students, trying not to perve on the amazingly gorgeous girls (I thought I had some morals, and they WERE my age) with my only responsibility was to be on a certain tram at a certain time. This was the precipice upon which was laid my doom. One day, close to the end of my tenure, a girl approached me. A absolute stunner. I vaguely remember her from one of my classes, but her teacher finally realized that me teaching the kids Ghetto slang, words to rock and roll songs, or 733t-5p3|< wasn't exactly helping them, so I hadn't been seeing them as much as normal. She looked up at me through her bangs, and hesitantly asked

"Jooooooosh (oh my goodness, hungarian accent saying my name was unbelievably sexy) since you haven't be taking my class any more, can we maybe, uhhhhm, meet outside of class?"

At first I thought she was soliciting me tutoring lessons, which wasn't that uncommon, but she made it clear that it wasn't, and she just wanted to hang out in a non-school setting.

So I gave her my email (phone was too much of a hassle) and told her to email me. After a incident where she got distressed because she couldn't read my shoddy handwriting and was concerned I gave her a fake email to send her away, we eventually organized to hang out one night.

So I went and met my smoking hot 17.5yr old (Im 18) student and she took me to a bar she liked. We drank and talked and as the night grew longer, the distance between us got smaller, until one point we were standing at the bar in a night club, and I was struggling to hear her. So she pulled my arm around her, pulling me in closer, before saying;

"This is how you talk to a hungarian girl!"

She then proceeded to grab my hand and plant it on her ass. Her amazing, perfect ass.

Im sure this is where alarm bells would be ringing in most of your heads, but with my limited experience at the time (i had only lost my virginity in a one night stand in Prague a few months ago) I thought I had lucked out and met a girl who was comfortable enough with her own body to be very open.

Things came to a head and we were soon kissing and before long I had my hands down her pants in the middle of the dance floor. (More alarm bells)

It eventually led us back home to my shoddy little place (it was a room in different school to where i was teaching, but it was where i lived. Long story) where we proceeded to get to know each other better. Things were reaching a "pivotal" moment, but there was an little incident with some blood. At first I just assumed that it was "that time of the month" and asked her, but she got upset and we just ended up fooling around with our hands before falling asleep.

With only 8 days left in Hungary, and a week of school to teach, I didn't see her until the night before I had to go home to Australia. We talked alot online, and I tried to develop a relationship that wasn't completely about sex. She really was quite intelligent, but shoehorned herself into a typical girly role in her social group. I tried to be all wise with my 6 months extra experience (I do not know where I got off doing this, but apparently I came off very wise to quite a few people there. I have no idea, i am most certainly not wise 4 years on) and I encouraged her to pursue her dreams and try hard to get into Uni (they were in their final year). Overall, i started to get quite attached, and started to feel quite close to her. The fact that she was stunningly beautiful also helped. Did I mention she was gorgeous? So the last night rolled around, and we met up, with my friend and wet out drinking in all the little underground bars in Pest we had found during our time there. As the night became morning, we were still out, and I wast trying to give my friend subtle hints that I wanted to go home. I am pretty sure he was being a deliberate cock-block, because he was significantly more attractive than I was, but had not gotten any action the whole time he had been overseas. (He later confessed to it, the bastard)

Eventually I just gave him money for another beer on me, told him to email tomorrow, and went home.

Where I had an amazing night of passion. Things culminated with her revealing that the tiny bag she was carrying was mostly filled with a bottle of lube, and things went very very very smoothly. again and again. Untill we were still screwing like rabbits as the school kids started to come to class the next morning, and the bells ringing in the corridors.

It was shortly after things started to cool down that she dropped the bomb.

She told me that she was in love with me. Firstly, i had no idea how anyone could love me ( not to be mopey, but this is still an issue I have) so this was a total shock. She explained how she could see what kind of person I was from the talks we had when I was teaching her (I often had 1 to 1 talks with the students to help conversational skills) and things like my love for overcast weather and rainy days really synced with hers and many other things like that. I had no idea how to respond, so I tried to be wise etc and tell her that she loved the "idea" of me.... etc etc. She was quite upset, and i was trying my best to stem the tide of tears, but to no avail.

She wasn't the one to raise the possibility of a long distance relationship, and looking back, I shouldn't have. I just didn't know how to deal with the situation. I legitimately did like the girl alot, but we should have done what she suggested, and sever all contact from that afternoon. But im a softy, and I wanted her to email me, and we could talk on skype etc etc....

So after a passionate 2 dates together, we entered the next phase in our relationship, where we endeavoured to be "together" but not exclusive as we were both very intimate people, and well, liked enjoying ourselves. It was during one of our little confessionals of what we did over the week we hadn't spoken etc etc, that I learnt that I am an insanely jealous man, and an extremely hypocritical one too. I didn't mind doing things with other girls, but I got very jealous when she did things with other boys.

So there were problems, but we talked through them, (being the only thing we could do) and I really did come to love her too. And if things were slightly different (like me doing a science degree instead of a biotech degree) I would have come back to her and studied over there, as was one grand plan. But my course wasn't offered and I was too dumb to change courses.

Time went by, and I met some other girls. A few of them. And I fell for them, and being the dick I was, tired to keep them a secret, while still being with my hungarian "g.f." There were boys for her too, but this way, I could act all righteous, while still getting my cake on the side. I was an absolute jerk. It was at about this time she revealed to me that she had been lying about losing her virginity to a guy a year before we met. It turns out that I was the one who did that, but she was afraid of what I would think that she just brushed the whole issue away. It explained the blood on our first night together.

Things got ugly, and eventually we "broke up". It should have been months and MONTHS before, but I dragged it out. I feel really really bad about it, to this day. I did everybody in my life wrong, including myself.

We still talk occasionally, and are getting by on better terms. She asks me for advice sometimes, and I try to help her, but somewhere along the lines my pseudo-wisdom has leaked away.

So there you have it. A story about a Crazy Girlfriend and Boyfriend. Now aren't you all lucky?!

joshua1 on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here's to hoping a story that craaaazy will stop the religious debates. I understand where you were on the pettiness though. Glad to see it had a (sort-of) happy ending.

Verr on
  • instabilityinstability Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Dammit, this is the one thread that convinced me to join the forums after lurking a while.

Anyway, I have a few crazy ex (sort of?) stories! Funnily enough, my worst happened just last year. Spoiler tagged for triggers?
    This guy, we'll call him S, was part of a club I went to. However, he was one of the outsiders and only tagged along because his friend was there, who'll be named T! Now I was pretty good friends with T and was talking with him about the latest Batman movie and how I wanted to go, except that I don't like going to the movies alone (better to go with a friend, or else you're might as well wait for the dvd or whatever.) S, deciding this is the perfect opportunity, invites himself along! I didn't know him that well but thought he was a decent guy and i wasn't that adverse to making friends, so I pretty much said 'Uh... okay!' and made plans.

Turns out, he thought this was a date. I figured this was no biggie, it's a date, what could it hurt? I'll just tell him afterwards I'm not that interested, but now was the time to focus on BATMAN.

That... wasn't happening. S slung his arm around me, which I allowed because it wasn't hurting anyone. When he asked to kiss me, I said 'pass' and made it clear I was more interested in the movie. He settled for a while, but the started leaning in real close and almost kissing me even after I said no at one point, breathing into my ear cheekily 'almost'. Now, fair's fair. I will admit this isn't that creepy, except for the bit where I was DO NOT WANT. The bit where it gets creepy is next: S started molesting me. I didn't even want him to kiss me, and yet he thought it was okay to start sliding his hands under clothing and massaging legs and generally go places they do not belong! I protested a few times, but he kept on going back-- not really doing the deed of outright rape, but I'm still pretty traumatized by the experience and can't watch Batman without remembering that.

Now I often get the question of 'why didn't you do something?' I don't really have a good answer, except I was naive and petrified and didn't know what to do, so I focused as much as I could on the movie as possible.

After the movie he offered to walk me home and started talking about how we were a good match and that though he knew he was average (slightly on the worse side of average, but that's beside the point) he thought we looked good together. Whether or not that means I was unattractive, I have no clue. I was just glad to get home and away.

In any case, I decided never to talk to him again and actually quit club. Later I was to find out from T he stalked me at my work (I was a food court hostess), and I actually saw him there a few times but never approached him. I'm okay for talking about it now, but I wasn't just a while ago.

instability on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dammit, this is the one thread that convinced me to join the forums after lurking a while.

Anyway, I have a few crazy ex (sort of?) stories! Funnily enough, my worst happened just last year. Spoiler tagged for triggers?
    This guy, we'll call him S, was part of a club I went to. However, he was one of the outsiders and only tagged along because his friend was there, who'll be named T! Now I was pretty good friends with T and was talking with him about the latest Batman movie and how I wanted to go, except that I don't like going to the movies alone (better to go with a friend, or else you're might as well wait for the dvd or whatever.) S, deciding this is the perfect opportunity, invites himself along! I didn't know him that well but thought he was a decent guy and i wasn't that adverse to making friends, so I pretty much said 'Uh... okay!' and made plans.

Turns out, he thought this was a date. I figured this was no biggie, it's a date, what could it hurt? I'll just tell him afterwards I'm not that interested, but now was the time to focus on BATMAN.

That... wasn't happening. S slung his arm around me, which I allowed because it wasn't hurting anyone. When he asked to kiss me, I said 'pass' and made it clear I was more interested in the movie. He settled for a while, but the started leaning in real close and almost kissing me even after I said no at one point, breathing into my ear cheekily 'almost'. Now, fair's fair. I will admit this isn't that creepy, except for the bit where I was DO NOT WANT. The bit where it gets creepy is next: S started molesting me. I didn't even want him to kiss me, and yet he thought it was okay to start sliding his hands under clothing and massaging legs and generally go places they do not belong! I protested a few times, but he kept on going back-- not really doing the deed of outright rape, but I'm still pretty traumatized by the experience and can't watch Batman without remembering that.

Now I often get the question of 'why didn't you do something?' I don't really have a good answer, except I was naive and petrified and didn't know what to do, so I focused as much as I could on the movie as possible.

After the movie he offered to walk me home and started talking about how we were a good match and that though he knew he was average (slightly on the worse side of average, but that's beside the point) he thought we looked good together. Whether or not that means I was unattractive, I have no clue. I was just glad to get home and away.

In any case, I decided never to talk to him again and actually quit club. Later I was to find out from T he stalked me at my work (I was a food court hostess), and I actually saw him there a few times but never approached him. I'm okay for talking about it now, but I wasn't just a while ago.

If some asshole ruined Batman for me like that I'd literally bust his balls.

I also don't see any crazy in Joshuas story, just one hypocritical asshole.

SkutSkut on
    edited August 2009
    doesn't that make me the crazy boyfriend?

I guess the crazy part was when she lied about me not taking her virginity? I thought that was a pretty odd thing.

joshua1 on
  • BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How about a story about a girl I Didn't go out with
    This girl was a monster...and also fat

Anyways, so I'm halfway around the world and meet these few girls and would hang out with them from time to time at least until I realized they were either whores/crazy or both.

So this one girl starts seeing this guy (by seeing I mean fucking, he wasn't classy enough to actually go on dates with her and she was enough of a whore that she didnt care either). Eventually she's talking about how he's telling her he's this total badass and also that he's Psychokinetic. Her evidence: He made the blinds move (with the windows open). Yeah. Yeah.

So eventually I am hanging out with this other girl. Mostly just making out and bullshitting. No sex, nothing serious. I hadn't had much experience with girls and didn't want to have sex with her but figured that making out occasionally was innocent enough. Eventually I realized she was too young for me to tolerate and just got tired of her. So the dumbass girl comes to me telling me what a horrible human being I am and how I'm just like every other guy because I made out with this girl a couple times which apparently makes me a monster even though she'll sleep with literally anything if it can make objects move with its mind.

Sigh.

I don't know if this thread is hilarious or depressing or a brilliant combination.

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorcerer Supreme should always be hilarious, brilliant, and just a tad depressing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    joshua1 wrote: »

I guess the crazy part was when she lied about me not taking her virginity? I thought that was a pretty odd thing.

Crazy is threatening to cut your dick off while you're asleep, or misleading you through middleschool and highschool, or running your foot over with her car and laughing about it.

Worrying about what people think if they know you're a virgin isn't crazy, just means they're a bit self conscious. Don't be a dick.
    I'm sure you know better now though<3

SkutSkut on
  • BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the saddest thing is I've been single all but 6 weeks of my 25 year old life. Haven't had much crazy, much anything. I think part of the reason is I'd rather be single than with someone crazy/stupid.

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Umm, how did the crazy gf/bf thread turn into a religion thread?

P.S. This is a rhetorical question.

romanqwerty on
  • CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

OK, the only thing I see wrong with this is that you're defending some of his actions. NONE of his actions should be defended. This is how your story played out:

He invited himself along, but that's OK, right?
    He slung his arm around me, which I didn't really want to happen, but that's OK, right?
    He started trying to kiss me, which he shouldn't have done, but that's OK, right?
    He started breathing in my ear, which is TOTALLY CREEPY, but that's not too creepy, right?

I'm not really telling you you did anything wrong, since in that kind of situation, especially in a cinema, it's hard to know how to react. Especially if you don't know the guy well enough.

I just wanted to point out that everything he did was wrong, and you shouldn't feel bad about pointing that out.

Anyway! I'm not sure if "I don't know why the fuck she did that" counts as "crazy" per se, but I knew a girl in university (I've just left) who at one time I had a passing interest in. We seemed to gel, so I told her I was interested, but she had a boyfriend at the time so nothing came of it.

A few months later, she's split up with her boyfriend, and we meet for drinks as friends. I ask her what would have happened if she had been single when I told her I was interested in her. She starts acting as if I'm asking her out on a date or something (ie. Awkward), and eventually tells me "I'm not physically attracted to you."

I can handle it, since I'm a 6 at best, and I've come to terms with it.

However, as SOON as I leave university, she sends me a message on Facebook, wanting to get something off her chest. It turns out that she IS physically attracted to me, and really likes me, and she wanted to tell me before we parted ways forever.

I mean, I can understand if a girl doesn't want to hop straight back into a relationship after finishing the previous one, but why tell a guy that you're not physically attracted to him if the opposite is true? Any other guy would probably have had his esteem bruised, so it seems a little crazy to me.

Centipeed on
    edited August 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Crazy is threatening to cut your dick off while you're asleep, or misleading you through middleschool and highschool, or running your foot over with her car and laughing about it.

Worrying about what people think if they know you're a virgin isn't crazy, just means they're a bit self conscious. Don't be a dick.
    I hope I'm better though. Sometimes im scared that im not

Well, thats what I eventually thought. I just thought that, coupled with the declaration of love after the second date, was a bit bizarre. Still, live and learn.

joshua1 on
    edited August 2009

I hope I'm better though. Sometimes im scared that im not

Well, thats what I eventually thought. I just thought that, coupled with the declaration of love after the second date, was a bit bizarre. Still, live and learn.

Your story really didn't involve all that much dickishness at all, to be honest. No more than usual anyway.

Ed321 on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

If some asshole ruined Batman for me like that I'd literally bust his balls.

I also don't see any crazy in Joshuas story, just one hypocritical asshole.

That's a bit harsh.

RocketSauce on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Centipeed wrote: »
    A few months later, she's split up with her boyfriend, and we meet for drinks as friends. I ask her what would have happened if she had been single when I told her I was interested in her. She starts acting as if I'm asking her out on a date or something (ie. Awkward), and eventually tells me "I'm not physically attracted to you."

I can handle it, since I'm a 6 at best, and I've come to terms with it.

However, as SOON as I leave university, she sends me a message on Facebook, wanting to get something off her chest. It turns out that she IS physically attracted to me, and really likes me, and she wanted to tell me before we parted ways forever.

I mean, I can understand if a girl doesn't want to hop straight back into a relationship after finishing the previous one, but why tell a guy that you're not physically attracted to him if the opposite is true? Any other guy would probably have had his esteem bruised, so it seems a little crazy to me.

As much as I think I understand and grasp women, I truly have no idea. This applies mostly to young women, older women tend to not play silly games.

RocketSauce on
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, no. They play also play games. They're better at hiding it. Dudes play games too, but we don't get away with it.

GungHo on
    edited August 2009
    Centipeed wrote: »

OK, the only thing I see wrong with this is that you're defending some of his actions. NONE of his actions should be defended. This is how your story played out:

He invited himself along, but that's OK, right?
    He slung his arm around me, which I didn't really want to happen, but that's OK, right?
    He started trying to kiss me, which he shouldn't have done, but that's OK, right?
    He started breathing in my ear, which is TOTALLY CREEPY, but that's not too creepy, right?

I'm not really telling you you did anything wrong, since in that kind of situation, especially in a cinema, it's hard to know how to react. Especially if you don't know the guy well enough.

I just wanted to point out that everything he did was wrong, and you shouldn't feel bad about pointing that out.

Thanks for saying that. I always feel a bit awkward when telling other people, so I guess I've just gotten used to giving the guy some concessions.

instability on
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will admit, the first time a girl held my hand at a movie, being 16 and a fucking retard i thought that totally meant she wated to make out. Which i proceeded to try and make happen for the duration of the film... That girl didn't speak to me for weeks. And many of my other friends who were girls started acting kind of weird towards me. Come to find out that i really creeped this girl out, and looking back, more than a decade later, i was probably being really creepy. Now part of this can be excused to inexperience, as, since that incident, I have never behaved that way during a movie with a girl. On the other hand the first time my now wife ever came to my house I practically begged her to have sex with me. Lucky me she found this flattering (if pathetic) and told me so, and made it very clear that she wanted to wait. She half jokingly told me I needed to work on my seduction skills. Which I did, by stopping entirely and getting to know her better. I guess what I'm saying is communication is key?

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

As much as I think I understand and grasp women, I truly have no idea. This applies mostly to young women, older women tend to not play silly games.

Go back and read the stories of my Ex-wife and keep in mind that there is an 11 year age difference between us. She's a decade older then me and the games were plentiful. Speaking of which, time for another story of her.

A little bit of a back story. I grew up in New England. My grandfather took me to my first Red Soxs game when I was six. I've been a fan ever since. My ex-wife dreamed of living in New York since she was a little girl. She of course was a Yankees fan. My sister when to college in Boston and gone native. My sister had just gotten into baseball that year and the christmas gifts she sent reflected it. I got a Curt Schilling jersey and my ex got a 2004 ACLS championship t-shirt. To say my ex was annoyed was a bit of a mild understatement. She called up my sister and proceeded to scream at her for the better part of two hours. The rest of Christmas day was a little tense.

Thomamelas on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    She complained about a present? As in, someone gave her something for free?

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

Christ. This reminds me of another great ex story.

So, my ex was getting ansty about Christmas, and a little depressed for whatever reason. So I say, hey, have a gift early. Because I'd gone all out, and spent a bit too much money on her anyways, and didn't want to show up christmas morning at my families with a fuckton of gifts for my girlfriend. It might be awkward.

Anyways, early gift. She'd been complaining about coffee machines lately. How she can never quite work out the proper amount of coffee grounds or water or whatever. So I thought, hey, they make single serve coffee machines. I was under the belief it was a very thoughtful gift. One she'd appreciate. That says "Hey, I listen". I even got her a bunch of gourmet coffee for it.

She opens it up and...

Screams at me for the rest of the night about what a fucking retarded gift it is. How she can't use any of the coffee she already has, and how she already has a coffee machine, and how the rest of the gifts better be fucking awesome or she's dumping my ass.

And then comes the Irony. This was immediately after we'd visited my family, and a story was told about how last Christmas, my brother complained about every gift he got. And my ex went so far as to say if anyone ever complained about a gift she gave them, she'd slap the shit out of them for being so spoiled and inconsiderate.

Yes, I brought this up to her in the midst of her own epic tantrum.

No, it didn't make a damn bit of difference.

Bitch kept me up till nearly 2 am on a work night wanting to fight over what a shitty gift I'd gotten her.

Namrok on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

That wasn't a good year for Yankees fans.
    They pulled off one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history that year. They had been up 3-0 in the ACLS and proceed to lose the next four games. Something no team had ever done before. And they lost those four games to their biggest rivals. And it broke the Red Sox's 86 year curse. I can understand a Yankees fan being annoyed. Two hours was well past excessive however. And I could hear my sister's laughter over the phone on my end.

Thomamelas on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Namrok wrote: »

So, my ex was getting ansty about Christmas, and a little depressed for whatever reason. So I say, hey, have a gift early. Because I'd gone all out, and spent a bit too much money on her anyways, and didn't want to show up christmas morning at my families with a fuckton of gifts for my girlfriend. It might be awkward.

Anyways, early gift. She'd been complaining about coffee machines lately. How she can never quite work out the proper amount of coffee grounds or water or whatever. So I thought, hey, they make single serve coffee machines. I was under the belief it was a very thoughtful gift. One she'd appreciate. That says "Hey, I listen". I even got her a bunch of gourmet coffee for it.

She opens it up and...

Screams at me for the rest of the night about what a fucking retarded gift it is. How she can't use any of the coffee she already has, and how she already has a coffee machine, and how the rest of the gifts better be fucking awesome or she's dumping my ass.

And then comes the Irony. This was immediately after we'd visited my family, and a story was told about how last Christmas, my brother complained about every gift he got. And my ex went so far as to say if anyone ever complained about a gift she gave them, she'd slap the shit out of them for being so spoiled and inconsiderate.

Bitch kept me up till nearly 2 am on a work night wanting to fight over what a shitty gift I'd gotten her.
    So you dumped her, and returned all the gifts you got to buy yourself something cool, right?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Richy wrote: »

She opens it up and...

So you dumped her, and returned all the gifts you got to buy yourself something cool, right?

No, I was retarded.

Namrok on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Richy wrote: »

She opens it up and...

No, I was retarded.

Well it was a learning experience. Now you know Xboxs are better than crazy people.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck.

Edit: I have one of those coffee machines, and they are awesome. Clearly your ex was a dipshit.

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited August 2009
    I will admit, the first time a girl held my hand at a movie, being 16 and a fucking retard i thought that totally meant she wated to make out. Which i proceeded to try and make happen for the duration of the film... That girl didn't speak to me for weeks. And many of my other friends who were girls started acting kind of weird towards me. Come to find out that i really creeped this girl out, and looking back, more than a decade later, i was probably being really creepy. Now part of this can be excused to inexperience, as, since that incident, I have never behaved that way during a movie with a girl. On the other hand the first time my now wife ever came to my house I practically begged her to have sex with me. Lucky me she found this flattering (if pathetic) and told me so, and made it very clear that she wanted to wait. She half jokingly told me I needed to work on my seduction skills. Which I did, by stopping entirely and getting to know her better. I guess what I'm saying is communication is key?

I'll admit he was probably experiencing teenage hormones and interpreted me wrongly because I made 'allowances' or whatever you want to call them. Except he didn't back off (or he'd pretend to, then 10-20 mins later got back to it) when I said no repeatedly, until it got to the point where I made small confirmation noises if he spoke at all because I was trying so hard to concentrate on the movie and not go crazy. And then proceeded to stalk me at my workplace. Yeah. I'd like to say if I saw him again I'd punch him and tell him off for being such a creep and maybe have communication, but tbh I probably would just avoid him again.

Also wtf free gifts are bad now? I enjoy a gift no matter what it is, even a freaking ugly pair of socks (hey it'll keep my toes warm even if I won't wear them in public). And if I really don't need (or want) it, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make a huge fuss.

instability on
This discussion has been closed.