As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

animated avatars

RaneadosRaneados police apologistyou shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
I believe that if you've linked or uploaded an animated avatar post-forum switch, it no longers works

ones that carried over still work

example

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5450/site1045wz1.gif
moving

but uploaded = look at my avatar

happening for a few others, too

Raneados on

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I linked my avatar post switch, and it works. I didn't upload it, though.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    the GIF has to be 64x64, or else the image resizer un-animates it

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Can there be a function where if you attempt to upload or link to an image that is a size other than 64x64 as your avatar, your avatar instead becomes a garish pink image that proclaims 'I DON'T KNOW HOW NUMBERS WORK'

Knob on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    Can there be a function where if you attempt to upload or link to an image that is a size other than 64x64 as your avatar, your avatar instead becomes a garish pink image that proclaims 'I DON'T KNOW HOW NUMBERS WORK'

I don't know, can you fit all those words on a 64 by 64 pixel square? :lol:

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    In english no.
    I know it's the remote hosting of pictures does work for crap like this with the limited memory space that might be given for a avatar could be the real issue.

I stand corrected
    \ /
    \ /
    \/

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    nums.bmp

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Deswa wrote: »
    nums.bmp

Deswa, meet joke. Joke, meet Deswa.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    But I really want that to happen, you have no idea how much I despise people that dont properly shrink their avatar picture.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    But I really want that to happen, you have no idea how much I despise people that dont properly shrink their avatar picture.

I have actually no idea how to do that with an animated .gif, and I am sure many others are equally clueless.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    While that may be true, it should still work for people that have pics that are over 64x64. They really have no reason to be raping my 56k at home.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2007

Ah, fond memories of kicking ass when some guy shows up with 1.5 megabytes of animated GIF as avatar.

Echo on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    man I have to obey rules?

GOD

Raneados on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    your avatar works for me, raneados

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Me too

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    someone must have fixed it for him

Garlic Bread on