As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits - November 2009 (Spoilers)

jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid?NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
edited August 2009 in Graphic Violence
Preview (presumably updated once Newsarama gets around to it):

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090818-marvel-nov-09-solicitations.html

Advanced X-Solicits, compliments of CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22570

Looks like a good month for Marvel - but maybe not for the Punisher!
85_punisher_11.jpg

tOkYVT2.jpg
jkylefulton on

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey who's the guy who keeps bitching about how the 2nd earth Millar created was just going to go away forever and never be referenced again.

Because that Fantastic Four solicit suggests otherwise.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Looks like a good month for Marvel - but maybe not for the Punisher!
    85_punisher_11.jpg
    If Marvel can turn the Punisher into an African American, they can kill him and bring him back from the dead.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    92_sky_doll___doll_factory_1.jpg

Really?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Isn't 19 dollars a bit expensive for the TPB of Incognito? Or is that the new standard?

horseman85 on
    PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Motherfuckin' Deadpool Team-Up? Co-starring Hercules for the first issue?

I am not at all upset by this news.

Munch on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    FrankenCastle looks amazing

DJ Eebs on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The $18.99 for Incognito is a weird price for a tpb but it is a creator-owned title.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blackjack wrote: »

Really?

Sky Doll is actually a pretty good series.

Robos A Go Go on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blackjack wrote: »

Really?

Look bitch, Sky Doll was awesome and I'd be all over this thang if it was more story instead of notes and sketches and shit.

Other Thoughts:
    That Deadpool Team Up title can't fail. Van Lente is writing it and Herc guest stars in the first issue.
    What the fuck is Nation X that Deadpool is tying into?
    I really want Moon Knight to succeed. Can I hope for a Punisher crossover?
    If SWORD were $2.99, I'd buy the book. Sorry KG.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In regards to Nation X, the mutants are (probably) moving under the sea to establish a homeland for themselves, at which point the.y'll become a metaphor for Israel and the Atlanteans will become a metaphor for Iran.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited August 2009
    Man, wtf. I really am missing out by not following the main X books. D:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I kind of wonder what the point of the X-Men moving to SF was if it only lasted 12 fucking issues before they move to Providence.

The Uncanny First Class Cover is good:
    120_UNCANNY_X_MEN__FIRST_CL.jpg

But how have we not made fun of the Psylocke #1 cover yet?
    84_PSYLOCKE_1.jpg

TexiKen on
    edited August 2009
    What's to make fun of? That Psylocke cover looks par for the course.

wwtMask on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Powers

Volume

Three

Me Too! on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sky doll may be good

C.B. Cebulski is not

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sky doll may be good

C.B. Cebulski is not
    Yeah. He has ruined so many things I've wanted to love.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited August 2009
    I really need to bust a kneecap for what he did with The Loners

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited August 2009
    All his work seems to be depressing.

TexiKen on
    edited August 2009
    Powers volume 3 hardcover was supposed to come out this month btw. And the odds of it actually coming out in November I'd say are 50/50.

wirehead26 on
    edited August 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Powers volume 3 hardcover was supposed to come out this month btw. And the odds of it actually coming out in November I'd say are 50/50.

I'd actually put money on it

Seeing as it's been about a year since vol 2 ended and they took the hiatus so that they could stop pushing stuff back and actually get it out when they said they would

Which is why we're getting the encyclopedia, the hc, and vol 3 all in one month

Me Too! on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I want to want to read the Psylocke mini. But it's written by Yost and ignores her time as an Exile, which is... Weird.

I'm sure the Powers releases are legit. Bendis would have to choke some bitches if they blew the release.

Crimsondude on
    edited August 2009
    Punisher MAX #1 looks ridiculously awesome too

God I love you Jason Aaron

Ain't give a shit about Dillon though everyone looks the same (and they're ugly)

Me Too! on
    edited August 2009
    I also love that Winter Soldier is carrying a ma deuce on the Black Widow #1 cover.

That price does kind of suck for Incognito since I'm sure that it won't have the cool backmatter about the pulp era.

Crimsondude on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah especially since the previous 4 Criminal trades never went above 15 dollars. Does Brubaker have control over the price since it's his story?

wirehead26 on
    edited August 2009
    I'm pretty sure he has some control.

Crimsondude on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »

it was pushed back to Nov to coincide with the new #1

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This cover is strange to me!
    119_UNCANNY_X_MEN_517.jpg

It's like, it tells me nothing about what's going on. Magneto's back? And, uh, Namor, Emma, Psylocke, and Cyclops have opinions about it?

And they sort of look Photoshopped together but, then again, Land...

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited August 2009
    Faynor wrote: »

It's like, it tells me nothing about what's going on. Magneto's back? And, uh, Namor, Emma, Psylocke, and Cyclops have opinions about it?

It also looks like someone is trying too hard to color like Laura Martin. And failing.

But oh look, Namor, Emma, Cyclops and Psylocke. Two have been a couple for a long time, Namor comes along to be a temptation to Emma, and I guess Psylocke will go back to being a flirt with Scott?

TexiKen on
    edited August 2009
    Ahahaha I just noticed, look at Psylocke's legs [tiny]or lack thereof[/tiny]

And I'm not really sure if you can say "OOOOH LOVE RHOMBUS SHIT BE GOIN' DOWN" just from that cover!

Faynor on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »

It also looks like someone is trying too hard to color like Laura Martin. And failing.

But oh look, Namor, Emma, Cyclops and Psylocke. Two have been a couple for a long time, Namor comes along to be a temptation to Emma, and I guess Psylocke will go back to being a flirt with Scott?

I'm more concerned with the fact that apparently Psylocke has a torso that is visible under Cyclop's arm, but no legs.

Transporter on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A new Deathlok series written by my boy Charlie Huston? Yes, please.

Hensler on
    edited August 2009
    Ahahaha I just noticed, look at Psylocke's legs [tiny]or lack thereof[/tiny]

And I'm not really sure if you can say "OOOOH LOVE RHOMBUS SHIT BE GOIN' DOWN" just from that cover!

I don't trust Fraction on this book. He also said he was going to simplify Psylocke's origin then brought back Revanche for no real reason. So what better way than to have Psylocke and Cyclops screw around again? Remember when Psylocke stabbed Jean with her knife when they fought over Cyclops, Faynor? And how Jean looked so stupid, getting stabbed by a lower level telepath? And everyone laughed, and laughed?

Edit: I took the cover to the bitching thread. Very zen now.

TexiKen on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, without taking it to the bitching thread, let's just say that's the worst cover in the world. Anyways!
    DAREDEVIL #502
    Written by ANDY DIGGLE
    Art by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    Matt Murdock's spiral of self-destruction spins out of control and threatens to consume everybody! After painting a target on his own back in DAREDEVIL #500, Matt's got dozens of new enemies...including some old foes and familiar faces! The scorching new arc by the creative team of Andy Diggle (THUNDERBOLTS) and Roberto De La Torre (IRON MAN) intensifies...now's the time to jump on!

Poor Matt. Pile it on, guys, pile it on. Poor guy can't catch a break, like, ever.

Faynor on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My enjoyment of UNCANNY seems to be highly correlated to whomever is drawing that given issue. The Dodson issues? Great! The flashbook issue? Great! The Land issues? :|

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    LOL I actually don't mind Land that much but that is a funny cover. Namor has a Psylocke tumor.

That Deathlok stuff has me intrigued though.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Squee.
    THOR #604
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Pencils & Cover by BILLY TAN
    Gatefold VariantCover by OLIVIER COIPEL (see pg. 118 for full cover image)

Has Doctor Doom crossed a line…? And what role did Loki play in Doom’s sinister plans? What did Loki know…and when…? Now, as Thor heads to Latveria to settle the score, only one thing can happen: Thor sitting Doom down and having a serious chat about their feelings. By which we mean, STATE-OF-THE-ART SLEDGHAMMER SKY-SCRAPING SUIT-SMASHING SUPERHEROICS!

Billy Tan (NEW AVENGERS) draws the action-packed escapades while Kieron Gillen (NEW UNIVERSAL: 1959, DARK REIGN: ARES, Phonogram) starts his six issue run. Hold onto your runestones, True Believers – things get hectic quick!
    I loves me some Gillen, and now he gets to write Beta Ray Bill and the Thunder God at the same time!

Wildcat on
    edited August 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Squee.
    THOR #604
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Pencils & Cover by BILLY TAN
    Gatefold VariantCover by OLIVIER COIPEL (see pg. 118 for full cover image)

Has Doctor Doom crossed a line…? And what role did Loki play in Doom’s sinister plans? What did Loki know…and when…? Now, as Thor heads to Latveria to settle the score, only one thing can happen: Thor sitting Doom down and having a serious chat about their feelings. By which we mean, STATE-OF-THE-ART SLEDGHAMMER SKY-SCRAPING SUIT-SMASHING SUPERHEROICS!

Billy Tan (NEW AVENGERS) draws the action-packed escapades while Kieron Gillen (NEW UNIVERSAL: 1959, DARK REIGN: ARES, Phonogram) starts his six issue run. Hold onto your runestones, True Believers – things get hectic quick!
    I loves me some Gillen, and now he gets to write Beta Ray Bill and the Thunder God at the same time!

That is awesome.

Faynor on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bloody hell, three Deadpool ongoings? That's a bit much.

Wildcat on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FrankenCastle looks amazing

I am intrigued by zombie cyborg punisher. One of the other preview images showed him with a cyborg arm, with a fleshy hand on the end of it and a blood supply hose taped to it. Not exactly ideal for combat, but it looked neat.

MMORTAL WEAPONS #5 (of 5)
    Written by DAVID LAPHAM
    Art by ARTURO LOZZI
    Cover by DAVID AJA
    He is the oldest, most skilled and most venerated of the Immortal Weapons -- veteran of multiple Tournaments of the Seven Heavenly Cities -- the fabled and feared warrior nicknamed the Green Mist of Death by few who saw him and lived -- and an unending mystery even to those who cultivate mystery. But as Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist, soon learned, the forbidding Prince of Orphans was no more than an Earth-born man, John Aman, given great power and trained for ages countless. Yet questions remain...what is Aman's mission on Earth? What is the nature of his incredible power? And is there anyone who can defeat his kung fu? When Iron Fist joins Aman on a life-or-death mission to fight monsters and banish ghosts, Danny may learn the answers to these questions...if he survives!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ .$3.99

awww jeah

DouglasDanger on
    edited August 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bloody hell, three Deadpool ongoings? That's a bit much.

well only one of them is guaranteed to be good

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg