As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress Thread: Evidently I am piss poor at updating these titles.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ginger sticky jumps across maps to bottle snipers in the dick.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That and pipe spamming beside a dispenser are the best ways to demo

Robman on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No you fuck that's the wrong way

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In what way did they "fix" rocket jumping?

I'm tryin to get my Soldier gameface on lately and I was struggling like a retard to jump yesterday.

pardzh on
    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No you fuck that's the wrong way

fuck you now that sublime song is in my head.

i've resigned myself to not playing medic anymore unless i'm really attempting to win the game. the less I care/the lower the level of competition the angrier I get playing medic. it's fun to go critshovel 4 people in a row or do nothing but throw piss at people. getting backstabbed over and over and over and the one time you kill the spy a scout comes and rapes you ISNT fun.

and if theres one thing I play this game for, its fun.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I stop bothering to try to kill Mandalore as a spy

I usually just kill whomever he's healing.

At least then I know I'll get a kill.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    The best is meleeing anyone to death. Doesn't matter what class, but you get style points for using your class mechanics to facilitate the melee attack.

Last night I was playing engy and managed to cap the final point by wrenching another engy in the face. He swore at me and I laughed. Damn, that was satisfying.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Crenching a disguised spy is the best FUCK YOU any engineer can give out

Robman on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Robman wrote: »

My personal policy is to wrench anyone who comes near my stuff. Even if I think I know that person isn't a spy, they still get the wrench. I can't tell you how many times I've giggled after wrenching a disguised spy in the face.

Wrench.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really love the server addon that lets you equip new hats for every class, mix-and-match included.

Takes away all this bullshit and a heavy looks good in a fire brigade's hat.

EDIT: Pyro looks pretty sweet in the Firefly/Jane Beanie.

McAllen on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So we're all agreed, melee kills are the best kills.

Glad that's settled!

I'd like to see a medic use an uber to get in someone's face, then pull out the saw and kill them. I think that would be the best use of an uber ever.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Backstabs count as melee kills right

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    With the ubersaw that's theoretically sustainable for quite some time

Robman on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    So we're all agreed, melee kills are the best kills.

Glad that's settled!

I'd like to see a medic use an uber to get in someone's face, then pull out the saw and kill them. I think that would be the best use of an uber ever.

if you end up all alone with the regular uber, its best to just pop it to move around and get in melee range. honestly, distracting 3-4 people by running around being retarded is sometimes just as effective as a real uber. its why scouts at spawn during gpit and whatnot are so effective. not only are you wasting their time and keeping them away from the fight, but you also have a chance to kill them and take another 20 seconds away from the enemy

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How much interest would there be in an extensive written guide on how to play Medic? There's a lot of stuff I could say, but I'd rather not spend a lot of time on it if nobody feels there's a need for it.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    These animals only want more wanton youtube videos and heavy hijinx, Kupi. They could care less for extensive FAQs for newbies. Grumble grumble.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kupi wrote: »
    How much interest would there be in an extensive written guide on how to play Medic? There's a lot of stuff I could say, but I'd rather not spend a lot of time on it if nobody feels there's a need for it.

I'd hope zero interest. Playing medic isn't rocket science, it's just a question of having the twitch reflexes to stay alive.

About the only real skill involved is knowing when it's proper to pop an uber, and that's just a question of experience and reading the enemy.

xzzy on
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ...I'd be okay with an extensive written guide. I'm rather resigned to a life of gaming mediocrity, but I am certainly willing to learn.

I can't remember if I've ever actually Uber'd anyone sucessfully.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Some people were asking yesterday what makes a good heavy over a mediocre or bad heavy

I may have to write a guide as well

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Playing medic well consists of keeping line of sight (los) with your healee (target) while at the same time moving erractically and keeping an eye on the rear. whoever youre healing should be watching the front. your job is to keep an eye on everywhere else. if they are bad at communicating when to pop the uber, just do it when you feel its right. if you fuck up, there isnt any real shame in it. you'll get another one soon. especially with kritz. youre better off popping it when you see that one scout closing in than trying to keep it for a big group and dying because they couldnt kill that little bastard scout thats been gunning for you from the start.

basically it comes down to this:
    dont stand still. ever.
    keep an eye out. your situtaional awareness needs to be better than the people around you if you want to stay alive.
    know when to cut and run.
    know when to stop healing that one person and heal up people around you
    getting 3 people to ~60% health is better than having one person fully healed and 2 people at 15%
    pop dem ubers. they do nothing when youre sitting on them other than give the enemy incentive to kill you first
    communicate. communicate. communicate. im often pretty poor at this since i dont use my mic all the time, but the more you talk about whats going on the better youll do. look at enders. he talks all the time, but you know what hes planning on doing and what you need to be doing. theres a reason he is effective.
    just have fun with it. if youre getting frustrated or bored, just go in and ubersaw people. its better to have fun and fuck up than to get mad and give up medic

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    basically it comes down to this:
    Don't heal enders.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Some people were asking yesterday what makes a good heavy over a mediocre or bad heavy

Step one: 2-5 medic slaves
    Step two: ???
    Step three: Profit!

8-)

Robman on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If I had things my way, the OP would have extensive guides for each class, as well as a good detailed FAQ of stuff people routinely ask in the forums. But noooooo, some [strike]littleboots[/strike] funny guy always has to come around with a "lol tf2" thread.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We could just link a good set of "how to XXXX" videos. Honestly though, some classes just come down to getting your feet wet. Sniping requires lots of time to get your headshot aim up to snuff, spywork requires lots of map/behaviour knowledge (and lots and lots of getting pyro'd and crenched to learn how not to spy, and to not use the new watches until you've learned 2 spy), good demomanning requires a good sense of how to hit someone with a pipe, etc.

Robman on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Shoot harder, congratulations you now are a pro heavy.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Step one: 2-5 medic slaves
    Step two: ???
    Step three: Profit!

8-)

That, and being really, really paranoid.

You're a pain in the ass to backstab, Enders.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really wish they had kept random weapon levels. That way atleast idling would always get me something cool that I could use. Especially since everyone can see them.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We could just link a good set of "how to XXXX" videos.

I'd rather read text. Youtube tutorials are always terrible. Maybe text annotated with pictures or video clips, but some dude babbling into his mic while running fraps is just annoying.

xzzy on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    El Guaco wrote: »

My personal policy is to wrench anyone who comes near my stuff. Even if I think I know that person isn't a spy, they still get the wrench. I can't tell you how many times I've giggled after wrenching a disguised spy in the face.

Wrench.

i remember once I was playing engineer on a pub, I single-handedly defeated the enemy offense and defended our final point with 4 crit wrenches in a row, resulting in 4 enemy deaths.

It was a sweet moment.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Single-handedly.

Also I'm in the mood for some fanarts, I vote Delish for next op.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Single-handedly.

grammar takes a back seat when you are typing on a keyboard you hate, trying to do paperwork, and listening to someone bitch and moan on the phone about something that does not even apply to you. D:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    saxton.png
    promofinal.png

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    KILL ALL SCOUTS

tyrannus on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Single-handedly.

soldier.jpg

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I totally saved that image. its so badass and kewl.

I wonder when we will being seeing miscellaneous items for the other classes. My guess is that they will drop more frequently than the hats to appease the masses.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One can only hope the sniper gets Saxton's moustache

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Single-handedly.

new thread:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=98316

MrDelish on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kupi wrote: »

no telling how many volumes have been written already when it basically comes down to communication, coordination and cooperation.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seems like all I do these days is lose badly. What's up with that?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Its because you're posting in the old thread

BlindPsychic on