As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Photoshop thread: Sony patents a new sort of "emotion engine"

• PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Off topic but how come that Amigara Fault manga has suddenly become quite big now when it was published in 2002?
    It's only been mentioned in like 3 threads and each time it's mentioned people see it that hadn't seen it before. It's not "big," just being discovered by a few people.

Ok big's the wrong I mean more widely well known and I've seen it in a few over palces beyond here like last weeks Something Awful's Photoshop Phriday

PurpleMonkey on
    teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Junji ito is pretty awesome.

Also...

hahaHead.jpg
    EileenHead.png

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »

Okay, just read that for the first time and thanks, now I won't be sleeping for a month.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    Okay, just read that for the first time and thanks, now I won't be sleeping for a month.

fortunately i read that many months ago so i'm inoculated to a certain degree

what video game is that giant head image from, though?

ALSO HOW FAST A THREAD TURNS FROM FUNNY TO HORRIFYING

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NOOOOO!!! CAN'T LET THREAD DIE!

Obvious one

2z562id.jpg

Big Classy on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm surprised it took fourteen pages for that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited August 2009
    Darmak wrote: »

My job here is complete.
    fortunately i read that many months ago so i'm inoculated to a certain degree

what video game is that giant head image from, though?

ALSO HOW FAST A THREAD TURNS FROM FUNNY TO HORRIFYING

Silent hill 4.

Antihippy on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »
    NOOOOO!!! CAN'T LET THREAD DIE!

Obvious one
    2z562id.jpg

That.. is terrifying.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

oh god that was one of the most horrifying things I ever read. I had a bit of claustrophobia. Now I have a fuckton of claustrophobia.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

oh god that was one of the most horrifying things I ever read. I had a bit of claustrophobia. Now I have a fuckton of claustrophobia.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited August 2009
    Well, then you guys definitely shouldn't go read this even more terrifying work by the same guy:

http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/

I guess.

Antihippy on
    edited August 2009
    Well, then you guys definitely shouldn't go read this even more terrifying work by the same guy:

I guess.

WHAT ARE YOU INSANE?

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Could you dickfaces please stop linking/referring to Amigara Fault? I'm NOT claustrophobic, and that god damn story still wrecked me for a night. I'd prefer not to think of it again.

...although that photoshop was kind of funny.

Graviija on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009

actually what is really horrifying is trying to read right to left, ow my brain.

Morkath on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Morkath wrote: »
    actually what is really horrifying is trying to read right to left, ow my brain.

Actually, it's funnier reading left to right.

Anyway, I had to fudge this one a bit.

lolstrap.jpg

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm surprised no one did that already. It seems so obvious now :P

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Junji ito is pretty awesome.

Also...
    EileenHead.png

O_O

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited August 2009
    Oh well, the spiral stories aren't as fucking chilling as amigara
    amigara is like the worst thing ever.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one did that already. It seems so obvious now :P

The broken wrist strap is excellent.

chamberlain on
  • Lars_DomusLars_Domus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh well, the spiral stories aren't as fucking chilling as amigara
    amigara is like the worst thing ever.

Oh, but see, the spirals aren't the scary bit.

Look deeper.

See anyone familiar?
    Spiral.jpg

Laugh Detected, Smile Detected.

Lars_Domus on
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This thread needs induction into some kind of hall of fame.

That YTMD of Lincoln getting kicked in the head still makes me laugh every time I think of it.

El Guaco on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There is an archive sub-forum... Though it'd have to wait at least until the thread ran it's course.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Meh, you'd die of starvation or just be unable to move any further without breaking a bone long before you got to the end of that.

You know, if you were stupid enough to step into a hole in a side of a mountain barely big enough to contain you.

Undead Scottsman on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man that Amigara Fault thing is fucking great!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited August 2009

Meh, you'd die of starvation or just be unable to move any further without breaking a bone long before you got to the end of that.

You know, if you were stupid enough to step into a hole in a side of a mountain barely big enough to contain you.

You're the guy who watches Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and goes "Pfft people totally can't fly" aren't you?

PurpleMonkey on
    teddiepicture-1.jpg
  • donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

oh fuck OH FUCK OH SHIT

laughing nervously here

donhonk on
  • Lars_DomusLars_Domus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I guess.

So I was just reading along happily, not really finding any of it scary at all...

... Then I got to the one with the mosquitoes...
    Mommy! D:

Lars_Domus on
    edited August 2009

You're the guy who watches Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and goes "Pfft people totally can't fly" aren't you?

I don't think he could have missed the point any worse.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MaskedWallabyMaskedWallaby Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    gtps1.jpg

edit: this one too
    gtps2.jpg

MaskedWallaby on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I liked the uzumaki stuff, amigara....not so much.

Morkath on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    gtps1.jpg

edit: this one too
    gtps2.jpg

I'm laughing at these while freaked out by this Uzumaki shit...

This one especially. http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/7/17/

D:

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    this entire thread needs reported to the awesome forum

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    I'm laughing at these while freaked out by this Uzumaki shit...

This one especially. http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/7/17/

D:

Great I was just about to go to bed before I saw that D:

PurpleMonkey on
    teddiepicture-1.jpg
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the movie of uzumaki was pretty cool and creepy, have to give the manga a look sometime.

Ah_Pook on
    edited August 2009
    I know a variation of this was done before, but I can't believe *I* didn't attempt one before...

lolhoho.jpg

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited August 2009

I get the point, I'm just saying it's way too silly and unrealistic to really be scared of. It trips my "that could never even remotely happen for several reasons" sensor before it hits my "claustrophobia omg omg omg" sensor.

EDIT: Let me say it definitely made me a little uncomfortable, but it's just too implausible for me to lose sleep over.

Undead Scottsman on
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009

I get the point, I'm just saying it's way too silly and unrealistic to really be scared of. It trips my "that could never even remotely happen for several reasons" sensor before it hits my "claustrophobia omg omg omg" sensor.

EDIT: Let me say it definitely made me a little uncomfortable, but it's just too implausible for me to lose sleep over.

I don't even get where you're coming from. It's quite obviously supposed to be supernatural, else he would not be having flashbacks to his past life during the stone age or be mystically drawn towards his hole. It's not supposed to be realistic that his body would bend that way. It's like saying you don't like ghost stories because ghosts are highly implausible. That ain't the point.

But anyway, more laughing, less horror.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Finally installed photoshop, and spent way too much time fixing this up.

la_la_lincoln.jpg

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited August 2009

I don't even get where you're coming from. It's quite obviously supposed to be supernatural, else he would not be having flashbacks to his past life during the stone age or be mystically drawn towards his hole. It's not supposed to be realistic that his body would bend that way. It's like saying you don't like ghost stories because ghosts are highly implausible. That ain't the point.

But anyway, more laughing, less horror.

I didn't say I didn't like the story, I said it was too silly to get scared over. It's like being scared of a ghost story that involves the ghost pulling your brain out of your ass and leaving you to walk the world as zombie, with your soul forever trapped in your body forced to watch your mindless savagery until the end of time. I mean, on an intellectual level, it's kind of disturbing, but really it's just too silly to leave any mark on me other than.. well...
    hahaha_horror.jpg

Undead Scottsman on
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I accept your opinion as valid because you replied in Laughing Man format.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg