As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Character Concept - Project AEON

EhmaviscaEhmavisca Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
Here is a character concept for my personal project I am currently working on. C&C please!

emma.jpg

Color thumb:
emma_color_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

-Frank

Ehmavisca on

• Options
    icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That arm is way off.

Check your underlying structure out again.

iceberg on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, there's definitely something WAAAY wrong with her arm. Also, something else... I can't be sure, but her head looks a liiiitle small for the rest of her body. Might be the angle.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    FibretipFibretip Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    seriously loving the linework... really clean, very nice, I wish i could get confident lines like that with my tablet!

i think with the arm... there's two things bothering me, one... it feels short , but more than anything... the elbow bends exactly at the edge of the torso, so you lose that feature completely. If you erase the neck line.. it actually looks like the whole upper arm area is her chest, and she's wearing one of those basque style tops... i think it should "sprout" (can't find a better word) further to the left?

also... it feels like you should be able to see some of her other arm behind her back, if her left arm was moved to the left, you'd be able to see her right shoulder, and to my eye, should see at least a bit of elbow.

I tried to draw down what i mean.... had to do it in paint unfortunately, but you'll get my point. I don't mean it's a fix, just to put what i'm thinking into words.

emma.jpg

Fibretip on
    I believe in angels, not the kind with wings, no...not the kind with halos, the kind who bring you home
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wow, thanks guys. I really see what you mean about that arm, I guess I just got so used to it, I couldn't notice. Even when I flipped the canvas. I will fix it up and make the head bigger! Thanks.

Ehmavisca on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't think I really understand.. I tried but it still doesn't look right. I set down a skeleton too, but maybe the foreshortening is fucking with me. Help please!

emma2.jpg

Ehmavisca on
  • Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm, I'm a pretty novice artist, but the only issue I see is how disconnected her head seems to the rest of her body.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    No matter how good of an artist you are, anyone can look at a drawing and say if it looks natural or not. Thanks man, I tried fixing the neck up, does it look better?

emma3.jpg

Ehmavisca on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There's one thing people do with breast that annoys me and it's making the curve convex when it's suppose to be a concave curve.

Convexed boobies = NO!

Your's are kindda okay though. I think the drawing is pretty good, but I feel she should be making sandwiches or something. I think it's her skirt, reminds me of one of those housewife skirts.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    On the topic of boobs, the one under her lifted arm looks like a balloon that she is reaching over. That curve you have to define the lower portion of her breast is extending too far towards her armpit me thinks, it almost looks like the breast is emerging from the armpit.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Slowly Playing BassSlowly Playing Bass Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The arm doesn't really look too off, imo. It appears as though the elbow would fall in the right place on her side, but it still looks strange. It may be that the legs are a bit long, but she is about 8 heads high. That alone throws it off a bit, because those are usually more comic book sized people unless I'm mistaken.

Slowly Playing Bass on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hit this up with some tone, and make sure you define the overlapping areas of the muscle on the arm, and the ball of the elbow and I think you should be alright.

Why did the last post get so dark? its hard to see the lines... maybe its my moniter i do not know

Greatnation on
  • Options
    benz0rsbenz0rs Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Those boobs look too wide. Make them perkier and rounder. Mushy wide boobs are gross.

benz0rs on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hit this up with some tone, and make sure you define the overlapping areas of the muscle on the arm, and the ball of the elbow and I think you should be alright.

Why did the last post get so dark? its hard to see the lines... maybe its my moniter i do not know

naw, it's just darker for whatever reason

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The shoulder is too high. I also shifted her breast a bit.

frank_help.jpg

iceberg on
  • Options
    thundercakethundercake Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think part of the problem you're having with the neck is that the shadow is much more intense there, it makes it look thinner than you meant it to be. The rest of the body looks okay to me (except for the issue with the arm) but the head looks a little like it was drawn as an afterthought.

The shirt she's wearing (unless you meant it to be skintight rubber) should drape down from her breasts, not tuck under it...shirts that do that on ME quickly become donations to my local Salvation Army ;)

thundercake on