As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chrono Trigger] The black wind howls...

1101112131416»

• Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    RBach wrote: »
    I seem to recall a bit in Chrono Cross in Fort Dragonia IIRC where it goes on about humanity
    becoming "alien" once it had contact with Lavos. It was at this point that the planet "turned" against them. Of course, this is a possibly biased source so large grains of salt may be in order.

As for Wolfman's question about gate creation:
    I figure it's a case of "desperate times call for desperate measures" and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" on the planet's part. Humans were the only thing available to save itself so they're the ones who get to use the gates. Although it would've been interesting to see a party of Reptites from 65,000,000 BC jumping around time in their own quest to stop Lavos...

This is all true, though. It was because of Lavos that humans have all their technology, magic, and the ability to hopscotch around time/dimensions. I can see the planet hating that, because with that much power the humans might as well start farming the power to destroy the planet themselves.

Lavos is more of an end-all answer to both parties -- it can destroy everything. The planet sides with whatever makes that possibility unlikely, which in this case was the Reptites, because they were unevolved and only through Lavos' interference with humans were the Reptites eventually driven out from the timeline.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    KKprofitKKprofit Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's been a while since I played... but for some reason I thought that the gate at the beginning of the game was caused by
    Marle's amulet interfering with lucca's teleporter.

KKprofit on
  • Options
    RBachRBach Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's true, but IIRC that reaction merely fully opened a gate that was already there rather than creating a new one.

RBach on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]