As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UNOFFICIAL PRE-PAX 2009 DINNER!! **REFUND AVAILABLE**

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    What's the best way to get there from the Grand Hyatt if one has no means of transportation? Taxi or something? Same for getting back?

Cheapest way is to ride the South Lake Union Trolley, a streetcar that runs about every 15 minutes.

From the Hyatt, simply hang a right on 7th Ave and walk to the intersection with Westlake. There's a SLUT stop there.

Get on, pay 2 bucks and get off at the Lake Union Park stop and you'll be down near the Naval Reserve Building.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    The cheapest way is to walk. It's not that bad, really... as long as you don't get lost.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    The cheapest way is to walk. It's not that bad, really... as long as you don't get lost.

Or join the Magical Mystery Tour and let Nomad figure it out ^_^

DMmagic on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will probably end up walking from the Sheraton.

PeasantDave on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Or join the Magical Mystery Tour and let Nomad figure it out ^_^

That's what I did. Leave the thinking to others. Woo!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bought my ticket. Can't wait to see you all there!

Hammy on
  • DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i apologise for making a post (if there is already one up) im just to lazy to reread all those pages but are you going to be sending the tickets out or is it a walkin "hi im dragondevon" type a thing?

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bought my ticket, woot PAX!

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    or is it a walkin "hi im dragondevon" type a thing?

Exactly this. Except by first and last name if I remember correctly.

redhalo on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How are the tickets selling so far? Do we need to get more people to buy tickets or are we getting
    a good number of tickets sold?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will be getting my ticket as soon as I can get some money, since I'm a procrastinator and didn't buy my PAX badges until JUST after the 3-days sold out, so it cost me $40 extra. :(
    But at least I'm going, right?

EDIT
    Scratch that, I'm in! Didn't see the $14 ticket at first, lol.

Also, first post since like last year o_O hello everybody!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just ordered my tickets, thank God it wasn't sold out already. See you folks there.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just ordered my ticket!

MarsChelios on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Finally ordered my ticket.

It was a moral imperative.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I believe Immanuel Kant himself said that the Pre-PAX Dinner is a perfect duty.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited August 2009
    I believe Immanuel Kant himself said that the Pre-PAX Dinner is a perfect duty.

I do believe it passes all 4 tests. It is certainly morally permissible, IMO.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hahaha! :) I'm just popping in here really quick to remind everyone that (including today), there are only 5 days left to buy tickets to the Pre-PAX 09 Dinner! I'm sorry I've been kind of MIA.. Basically, my first duty at this job has been to put together a behemoth multi-year proposal in less than 1 week. I didn't really have a weekend, and haven't really slept a full night since last Friday, so I'll be in to review the thread and answer questions a bit later.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kant references? /perks up

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I thought I bought my ticket back in February. Damn, glad Mars reminded me to check on it.

Anyway, got one now.

sum10fishy on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok, so sorry I've been so quiet in here, but I've been kinda on the fence as to what I'll be able to do.

Turns out I'll be able to actually make the dinner! And I can spare about an extra hour for volunteer time :)

Would it be better for you guys to have that hour from me before or after the dinner? Let me know! I can't wait! :D

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pre-PAX Dinner ftw! Got my ticket and I'm ready to go!

DeusTrinitas on
    edited August 2009
    Snickers wrote: »
    Ok, so sorry I've been so quiet in here, but I've been kinda on the fence as to what I'll be able to do.

Turns out I'll be able to actually make the dinner! And I can spare about an extra hour for volunteer time :)

Would it be better for you guys to have that hour from me before or after the dinner? Let me know! I can't wait! :D

Snickers, you are my hero.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    We can still buy tickets for this, right? :)

Yup! At least for the next 4 days, you can! Ticket sales end on 29Aug09.
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    How are the tickets selling so far? Do we need to get more people to buy tickets or are we getting
    a good number of tickets sold?

So far we have 150 folks coming to the dinner! :) Of course, an extra 50 wouldn't hurt, but we're not going to sweat it! :) After all, the economy is a bit stressed, so I expected that we wouldn't see the same kind of turnout as last year.
    redhalo wrote: »
    or is it a walkin "hi im dragondevon" type a thing?

Exactly this. Except by first and last name if I remember correctly.

This is right. We check you in using your real name, but the forum name is for handing out forumer badges and just knowing which PAX forumers were kickass enough to come to the dinner ;). Hahaha!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just popping in to say that I bought my ticket and I can't wait to see everyone there! afro.gif

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay! Hopefully I'll be able to get my ticket today or tomorrow... Definitely don't want to miss this!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • DorkaliciousDorkalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Question for the locals..

What's the easiest/safest way to get to the dinner from near Pike Street (staying at Green Tortoise)?

--Taxi

--Bus..

Something else?

Thanks!

Dorkalicious on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Shit, we walked last year. Of course we got lost and had to get a ride, but we walked back and it was fine. Besides nobody bothers large groups and it will still be daylight. Seriously, I found no reason to ever get into a car (except that ride from being lost) anywhere I went in downtown Seattle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Walking is fine, but if you really want, the streetcar will take you to within a block or so.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We (my mother and I) are also going to be there. My mom also said she needs advice on what fun things there are to do in Seattle (you know, other than PAX). So if anyone sees a distressingly outgoing and somewhat confused mother at the dinner, give her some advice!

Pablo the Penguin on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ...its been so long since this thread started that I had forgotten what was on the menu! Then I notice that the food is being provided from The Skillet...which was weird since I just listened to Major Nelsons 8-23-09 pod cast today and he had mentioned how he tried it recently...he wants to give it several tries before commenting on how it was, but I am sure it is great...just a weird coincidence...

..after reading the OP I was wondering what kind of beverages are being served? I must be missing it.....damn contacts...

Rayman on
    edited August 2009
    Rayman wrote: »
    ..after reading the OP I was wondering what kind of beverages are being served? I must be missing it.....damn contacts...

I can't say for sure, since I'm not ET or Astayonix, but if it's anything like last year it'll be assorted sodas and bottled water. And IIRC everyone last year got a bottle of Bawls, don't know if it'll be the same this go round.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This thread is for the dinner. Your post belongs here.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85751

[edit] Looks like someone has remedied this. Move Along.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited August 2009
    Alright all you 11th-hour procrastinators! :p Today is the VERY LAST DAY to buy tickets to the Pre-PAX 2009 Dinner! Buy your ticket today, or sit out in the cold with a raincloud over your head that drizzles on you and only you wherever you go. Yeah. We'll just be inside partying it up and kicking off the PAX 09 weekend! Remember that the Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament kicks off from the Pre-PAX 09 Dinner, so bring your costumes all you witches and wizards! :)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Come on everyone, join up! We're going to have a blast!!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • RudimentarySporkRudimentarySpork Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    This is going to sound "lol" but I was wondering if there was any way I could still get into this dinner? First time coming to PAX and my buddy linked me here yesterday, but didn't connect that today would be the last day to register. Since the due date was so that the guys and gals cooking could start buying all their stuff, is there any pay for just attending, or is there any possible way to pay at the door?

Thanks a lot!

RudimentarySpork on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I know I'm late to the party, but I am purchasing my RSVP ticket now. As much as I want to try Skillet Streetfood, who I've heard so many good things about, I need to save what money I can, so I'll just be hanging out. And I'll have some cameras and stuff too. Can't wait to see you all there. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • HAklownerHAklowner Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WOOT!! Just in time ^_^ tickets purchased. cant wait to see everyone there ^_^

HAklowner on
    edited August 2009
    For all you 12th hour procrastinators, I went ahead and did an emergency 1-day extension for the Pre-PAX09 Dinner FOOD tickets. So today is your ABSOLUTE last day to buy any FOOD-type (RSVP+FOOD or FOOD ONLY) ticket before I have to pull the plug at 12midnight EST and tell the catering company how many we expect to eat. If you want to eat be sure to purchase one of these tickets because there won't be any way to buy at the door (the catering company is only going to buy enough food for those who've pre-registered). <monster truck announcer> Buy your tickets Sunday, SUNDAY, SUUUUUUUNNNDAAYY!!</monster truck announcer>

However, I've decided to make sure the RSVP ONLY tickets available up until the day before the dinner because we don't need to notify anyone about that kind of ticket. So, you can show up an just come along for the party, and now there's no excuse not to come to the dinner! :) <monster truck announcer> And if you're in jail, break oouuut! </monster truck announcer>

We only have 3 tickets left until we reach our 200 goal, so buy yours today and participate in the final iteration of this PAX tradition.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • NightGauntNightGaunt Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am KING procrastinator! All hail me! I just got a ticket for me and my wife on the 12th hour extension with less than 12hrs left.

NightGaunt on
    edited August 2009
    This is going to sound "lol" but I was wondering if there was any way I could still get into this dinner? First time coming to PAX and my buddy linked me here yesterday, but didn't connect that today would be the last day to register. Since the due date was so that the guys and gals cooking could start buying all their stuff, is there any pay for just attending, or is there any possible way to pay at the door?

Thanks a lot!

Were you able to get your ticket? Please PM or email me if you need help.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Who dares disturb the eternal slumber of hlprmnky, Eternally Late, Elevated Hierophant of the Great God Procrastinus? This will be my first PAX, and I just now decided to go and look at pre-PAX events threads and try to finalize some kind of attack plan for Thursday/Friday.

I cannot believe I missed the special, extended deadline for food tickets by thirty minutes.

It was not meant to be, Pre-PAX 2009 Dinner. We'll always have Paris, or at least you'll always have the NRB while I have that raincloud thing mentioned earlier on this page. D:

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
This discussion has been closed.