As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC June 2007 Solicits (with 20% more Countdown!)

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Also, Mary Marvel is getting seduced by Eclipso. It's one of the big themes of Countdown.

The others being the search for ray palmer, darkseid, and something something jimmy olsen I guess? I picked up comics today and the countdown ads they have in every issue on every page are really fucking distracting.

I wanna see the Darkseid stuff deal with what went on in 7S. Are the New Gods really on Earth or not? Give me an answer, DC!

Owenashi on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    As long as Darkseid is kicking inordinate amounts of ass again, I'd be happy. I could always live with seeing him brought down by the combined forces of the X-Men, Teen Titans, and Dark Phoenix, but he was first established as an insanely powerful entity and anything deviating from that always made me throw a whiny fanboy fit.

Darkseid > Thanos !

*gets shot in face*

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    headn00b wrote: »
    Newsarama wrote:
    The moment we thought we’d never see is here: Green Arrow finally asks the Black Canary for her hand in marriage in this special extra-sized final issue! After the tumultuous, on-and-off relationship they’ve shared throughout the years, what answer will Dinah give Ollie?

Wait. Final issue?

It was announced a few weeks ago that Winick is done with Green Arrow, and the series is ending with #75.

MOTHER FUCKER
    I had heard that it was to set up a Green Arrow and Black Canary comic, was I misinformed?

Wildcat on
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I had heard that it was to set up a Green Arrow and Black Canary comic, was I misinformed?

I sincerely hope not.

I mean... I hope you're not misinformed. About what you'd heard. Arrow's always been a favourite "non-powered" hero of mine: excepting the likes of Batman and Captain America, although I guess Cap's exposure to the super-serum means he's "powered" by a lot of standards.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    Isis?

Mary Marvel.

going goth

I'm almost 100% sure black adam is going to die and mary marvel will somehow receive all of his powers and become insanely powerful. That's what the cover seems to be, anyway.

She gets seduced by eclipso

Algertman on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Newsarama wrote:
    The moment we thought we’d never see is here: Green Arrow finally asks the Black Canary for her hand in marriage in this special extra-sized final issue! After the tumultuous, on-and-off relationship they’ve shared throughout the years, what answer will Dinah give Ollie?

Wait. Final issue?

It was announced a few weeks ago that Winick is done with Green Arrow, and the series is ending with #75.

MOTHER FUCKER

A Black Canary series is starting up soon after. Don't know if it's a mini or if it's ongoing

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I just checked back and found where I read that - it was a 'yellow' rumour in the Lying in the Gutters column.

Wildcat on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    Isis?

Mary Marvel.

going goth

I'm almost 100% sure black adam is going to die and mary marvel will somehow receive all of his powers and become insanely powerful. That's what the cover seems to be, anyway.

She gets seduced by eclipso

:winky:

Furu on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, all I know is that Sinestro Corps one shot sounds pretty good. Sounds like the GL books are gonna be in for a wild ride over the next year.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    why do they give one-shots numbers?

Like "Brave New World #1" or "Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1"

there's never going to be a #2

why do you trick me for that split second

Garlic Bread on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Newsarama wrote:

Wait. Final issue?

It's like being told they're gonna stop crushing your balls in a vice grip, and just shoot you in the head.

The Muffin Man on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So Catwoman is going to be killed by the Soviet Union and Wonder Girl and Super Girl will become fem-nazis?

That's all of interest I could get out of that.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    More like Lesbian Amazons

A decision I fully support

Sars_Boy on
    edited March 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    More like Lesbian Amazons

A decision I fully support

I can live with that.

Fiaryn on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    The Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters TPB is in there. People who missed out on the individual issues should start saving their pennies for June.

ffcover.jpg

DMAC on
    edited March 2007
    I hope Acuna will be back for next miniseries. It's not a want, it's a need.

Bad Karma on
    edited March 2007
    I will definitely be picking that up.

Sars_Boy on
    edited March 2007
    how have there been 22 Spirit archives?

at $50 a piece

who can afford that?!

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    Rich old people who really like The Spirit.

Everyone else is stuck with buying like maybe one and The Best of The Spirit.

Sars_Boy on
    edited March 2007
    Harley & Ivy is a pretty random thing to collect. I'm not complaining, though

Garlic Bread on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why does that guy have the Triforce on his chest?

Fencingsax on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why does that guy have the Triforce on his chest?

He's the Sensation Link-bird.

The Muffin Man on
    edited March 2007
    You know, when I think about it, it's maybe slightly odd that I'm a Brit and yet I'm such a fan of the likes of Captain America and Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam is a goddamn badass, even though I'm never sure which of his origins they're working from (or whether they're all meant to be possibilities in canon and it's a deliberate mystery)...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Edcrab wrote: »
    You know, when I think about it, it's maybe slightly odd that I'm a Brit and yet I'm such a fan of the likes of Captain America and Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam is a goddamn badass, even though I'm never sure which of his origins they're working from (or whether they're all meant to be possibilities in canon and it's a deliberate mystery)...

You read British comics too, right?

Judge Dredd? Strontium Dog? Rogue Trooper?

Because if you don't, you should.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited March 2007
    Man, I loves me some Rogue. Even if it's Friday Rogue.

Wildcat on
  • Dr. AculaDr. Acula Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I hope Acuna will be back for next miniseries. It's not a want, it's a need.

Over at ComicBloc Justin Gray mentioned that the whole reason why the next mini doesn't start until Fall is because Acuna's involvement was mandatory and they had to push it back to accommodate his schedule (they initially wanted it to launch much sooner).

Dr. Acula on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »

You read British comics too, right?

Judge Dredd? Strontium Dog? Rogue Trooper?

Because if you don't, you should.

ZENITH

Squashua on
    edited March 2007
    One of you people need to build me a time machine. So I can find out what Black Adam-ified Mary Marvel is all about. Hop to it people.

Fiaryn on
    edited March 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    One of you people need to build me a time machine. So I can find out what Black Adam-ified Mary Marvel is all about. Hop to it people.

Why are you assuming it has anything to do with Black Adam? I mean, it very well could, though I would find it surprising considering her storyline within Countdown revolves around Eclipso.

Bad Karma on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Black+Lightning Bolt usually means Black Adam. I say usually because honestly, every single Black iteration of any Marvel family costume has been in the Black Adam camp.

Hell, if it weren't for this very thread, I would still think it has somthing to with him.

Since it's not, I can't say I'm a little dissapointed, but, it'll make a pretty good plot twist.

I can picture "Marvel" and Wizzybilly knocking down Adams door to find out what the hell he's done to her, only for him to slap them around and tell them he has nothing at all to do with it.

And then Eclipso shows

"Oh Shi-"

Transporter on
    edited March 2007
    Black+Lightning Bolt usually means Black Adam. I say usually because honestly, every single Black iteration of any Marvel family costume has been in the Black Adam camp.

Hell, if it weren't for this very thread, I would still think it has somthing to with him.

Since it's not, I can't say I'm a little dissapointed, but, it'll make a pretty good plot twist.

I can picture "Marvel" and Wizzybilly knocking down Adams door to find out what the hell he's done to her, only for him to slap them around and tell them he has nothing at all to do with it.

And then Eclipso shows

"Oh Shi-"

Wel, it is a black and white image, save for the lightning. Also, you can only see the left side of Mary's face, which also happens to be the "white side" of Eclipso's face. Eh? Eh?

Bad Karma on
    edited March 2007

And then Eclipso shows

"Oh Shi-"

Wel, it is a black and white image, save for the lightning. Also, you can only see the left side of Mary's face, which also happens to be the "white side" of Eclipso's face. Eh? Eh?

Titties?!

Oh, I'm sorry what were you saying again?

Seriously, it looks like more of a fanservice image then anything, although you make a couple of great points, lets just say it's not "blatently" obvious :p.

Except for the rude titties. Gotta have rude titties.

Transporter on
    edited March 2007
    It's Ed Benes. He does that.

Bad Karma on
    edited March 2007
    Black + Lightning Bolt == Black Flash.

Squashua on
    edited March 2007
    I used the term "Black Adam-ified" because frankly, that's the most apt description for what we have visually been presented with. It has nothing to do with my supposition as to what is actually occuring to Mary Marvel. Now where's my time machine?

Fiaryn on
    edited March 2007
    I used the term "Black Adam-ified" because frankly, that's the most apt description for what we have visually been presented with. It has nothing to do with my supposition as to what is actually occuring to Mary Marvel.

Well, aside from the facts that
    1 - we know she's dealing with Eclipso in this
    and
    2 - the only color in the art is the yellow lightning; everything else is black and white.

Red likes to show up as black in black/white. :P

Squashua on
    edited March 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    I used the term "Black Adam-ified" because frankly, that's the most apt description for what we have visually been presented with. It has nothing to do with my supposition as to what is actually occuring to Mary Marvel.

and
    2 - the only color in the art is the yellow lightning; everything else is black and white.

The black looks authentic to me, mostly due to the spandex-y look. Not at all like the usual cloth she wears.

Edit: Also, I have to point out that #1 is inapplicable, seeing as the term "Black Adam-ified" once again is purely an aesthetic observation with no ties to what may or may not be happening to her in actuality.

Fiaryn on
    edited March 2007
    Or we could also assume that the image isn't in black and white, and that it's showing Mary in an "Eclipso'd" state...i.e...dark hair and white skin.

Bad Karma on
    edited March 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

and

The black looks authentic to me, mostly due to the spandex-y look. Not at all like the usual cloth she wears.

Edit: Also, I have to point out that #1 is inapplicable, seeing as the term "Black Adam-ified" once again is purely an aesthetic observation with no ties to what may or may not be happening to her in actuality.

Well, it's not just a spandex-y look, it's a whole different costume. Blatently obvious. And, since it is apparently a new costume, it's safe to assume that black is the real color.

Might turn out red, white, nobody knows. But it's a hell of a lot less conservative then her old costume.

:winky:

Edit:

Also, I think the setup of Mary being a key player in countdown was absolutley delicious.

It's totally understandable why she'd be tempted by eclipso/black adam/whoever. I mean, yeah, Freddy gave a shit, but Billy basically said "Fuck that bitch, you need to be the new Cap. Marvel right the fuck now" and zaps him off for the trials.

Leaving Mary in a coma, body all torn to hell, wondering what the FUCK happend, since apparently to her, Billy just up and stripped her powers.

Enter Eclipso, former avatar of what? Oh yeah, vengance, and you have a story.

Transporter on