As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicits - November 2009 (Spoilers)

124»

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aw, c'mon! The old man and the monster issue was great! Molly all hyped up on the caffeine injection spell. "Why does my brain feel like it's shaking?" :D

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well that's not good.
    Looks like there may be something to that missing X-Factor.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/21/the-missing-x-factor/

Whoops, failed my reading comprehension roll.
    I guess the article is actually suggesting that despite appearances it should actually not be cause for alarm.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I need to stop reading PAD's internet postings. I love his work, but the dude never seems to stop whining.

It'd be different if X-Factor was selling just above cancellation level or something, but the book's doing fine. And for someone in the comic business, he often comes across as ignorant of the realities of the market, first with the whole scans_daily thing, then his grousing about spoilers, and now this surprise over X-Factor not gaining sales, when 99% of books never gain sales, except through crossovers and tie-ins. Really, if a book sells steadily, and only fluctuates by a few hundred sales, as X-Factor does, then it's doing pretty damn good.

As much as I enjoy X-Factor, it's a third tier X-book starring Multiple Man and all the mutant characters nobody else wants to use. I'm not sure why PAD expects it to sell like Civil War.

Munch on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's not even the whining, it's like he's hanging out with Steve Wacker too much and thinks berating the readers and fans is the right thing to do, like we'll just go "Peter David said we just don't get it? Ok then, I'll pick up his book just to show him"

I also don't see how making X-Factor have the old numbering again will help it outside of issue #200, really. It's so different from anything that resembles the first series that it won't be more than a blip.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    I need to stop reading PAD's internet postings. I love his work, but the dude never seems to stop whining.

It'd be different if X-Factor was selling just above cancellation level or something, but the book's doing fine. And for someone in the comic business, he often comes across as ignorant of the realities of the market, first with the whole scans_daily thing, then his grousing about spoilers, and now this surprise over X-Factor not gaining sales, when 99% of books never gain sales, except through crossovers and tie-ins. Really, if a book sells steadily, and only fluctuates by a few hundred sales, as X-Factor does, then it's doing pretty damn good.

As much as I enjoy X-Factor, it's a third tier X-book starring Multiple Man and all the mutant characters nobody else wants to use. I'm not sure why PAD expects it to sell like Civil War.
    Yeah. Love PAD's work and the things he does with his characters, but even when I'm on his side in an argument (the Shatterstar brouhaha, for example) he just comes off as a child.

I think, though, and I'm not at all 100% sure, that the thing about X-Factor gaining sales comes from the fact that shops tend to sell all the ordered copies, people want the book but can't find it, and then talk on the internet about how they can't find the book instead of asking the shops to order more copies. Which is a reasonable thing to be upset about but, again, he comes off as an ass when he talks about it, so...

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm not letting this Agent X thing go.

When is Simone's contract with DC up? Cause I'll throw in my paychecks if Marvel can get her writing anything in the 'pool verse again. An outlaw mini would be cool. Or better yet, Agency X.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think PAD would have more room to talk if X-Factor was still one of Marvel's better books. But ever since Madrox went to the future and Rictor started kissing dudes, the book has been pretty mediocre.

Hensler on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's your opinion, obviously. I think the book picked up in quality when Madrox went into the future. He was kind of losing me before that, however.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    I think PAD would have more room to talk if X-Factor was still one of Marvel's better books. But ever since Madrox went to the future and Rictor started kissing dudes, the book has been pretty mediocre.
    Yeah, that's definitely the opposite of how it went for me. The book was in a pretty big slump until the future stuff happened.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    h5 blackjack

let's make kissyfaces

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog