As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Must-see stuff to see at PAX (Like the CTS in Tekken 6)

13»

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Why wouldn't Bungie be there? They were there last year, and I wasn't there the year before but I believe they've been at PAX for a while now, Also, they're local...
    But I am surprised they're doing anything at the MS booth when they have their own...

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Archer006 wrote: »
    In one of Bungie's weekly updates they said they would be showing off ODST in the Microsoft booth.

Plus ODST will feature in Round 3 of Omegathon. I for one am hoping I make it that far to get a chance to play it.

emarecksaykay on
    -mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • Options
    Archer006Archer006 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah they will be there. They announced it in their weekly update either from Comic Con or the week after. They said they didn't have their own booth this year but they would be showing ODST at Microsoft's booth. I found the information weird as well. Just glad they will be there

Archer006 on
    Who Dares, Wins"

52222_5.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Archer006 wrote: »
    They said they didn't have their own booth this year but they would be showing ODST at Microsoft's booth.

Aw, what!? Lame... But yeah, at least they'll be there...

Plus ODST will feature in Round 3 of Omegathon. I for one am hoping I make it that far to get a chance to play it.
    Sweet! Good luck!

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On the Exhibit Hall floor, you'll most likely find me offering sexual favors to various staff members at the BioWare and Harmonix booths.

Other than those two, I'll just be floating around and seeing what I can see. I like going in with an open mind to cons.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Last year was my first year and I found the retro gaming area about 30 minutes before closing time on Sunday. I was so sad but vowed that this year I would revisit some fond memories!

trickycoolj on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    meh, I might pay a visit there, but I'd rather see something new I haven't seen yet.

On my list:
    - Tabletop
    - Bungie (MS booth)
    - ubisoft
    - bioware
    - valve
    - blizzard (along with every korean person/starcraft lover there, hehe, sorry)

not sure what else there is to see... although I'm sure I won't get bored

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm looking forward to Bungie/Halo; Scribblenauts if it's there; Uncharted 2; Alan Wake; Silent Hill Memories; and probably a lot more that escapes me. The main booth I'll probably be handing around is the Aion one, as I'm hoping to score an invite to their launch party at the space needle on Friday. ;)

This is my first gaming con and I'm going alone (eek!) so I think I'm going to be overwhelmed but I'm sure it'll be fun.

cocowoushi on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Bungie/Halo; Scribblenauts if it's there; Uncharted 2; Alan Wake; Silent Hill Memories; and probably a lot more that escapes me. The main booth I'll probably be handing around is the Aion one, as I'm hoping to score an invite to their launch party at the space needle on Friday. ;)

This is my first gaming con and I'm going alone (eek!) so I think I'm going to be overwhelmed but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Yeah same here, cept for the alone part, got 2 friends coming with me.
    Yeah I'm not sure what to expect. I will most likely be spending very little time anywhere and everywhere in order to see everthing at PAX.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    MarkManSDTMarkManSDT Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TEKKEN 6 will be alive and rockin' at the Namco Bandai Games booth on the exhibit hall floor!

Myself and a few SDTEKKEN guys will be there during the event, anyone else looking forward to getting some fun matches in on TEKKEN 6? :)

Also, who loves arcade sticks!

*raises hand*

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love arcade sticks.

Will there be Tekken tournaments or contests for prizes? ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You know it. More details soon :)

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    Uno Ill NinoUno Ill Nino Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was hoping it would be there! I gotta find the Tekken booth so I can show everyone there my Tekken tattoo. Yeah, pretty big fan here. :D

Uno Ill Nino on
    The Moofcast! - A videogame podcast for adults.
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I saw the arcade version at the Gameworks that's across from PAX too...

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was hoping it would be there! I gotta find the Tekken booth so I can show everyone there my Tekken tattoo. Yeah, pretty big fan here. :D

Will there be tattoo sleeves?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Interesting. This is another in an increasingly distressing list of games to check out.

Cadyn on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I look forward to meeting some of you there...

Make sure you stop by the Namco Bandai Games booth! There will be tons of TEKKEN goodness to go around...

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the Blizzard booth just became a big looking forward to point for a shit ton of people

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Will there be tattoo sleeves?

I don't know what a tattoo sleeve is. You're not talking about like arm-warmers with fake tats on them or something are you? Cuz that's not what I meant. I'm talking about a real muthafuckin' tattoo here. It was Cinco De Mayo, I was in love with Tekken, and it just sorta happened. :)

Uno Ill Nino on
  • Options
    2VipeRS2VipeRS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GuildWars2~

Since the trailer for GuildWars2 came out as of last week for Games Com 09, and last year they had a panel with the devs mentioning a bit about their future, one could only assume there will be goodies for this title :)

2VipeRS on
    '08 & '09 CCST Survivor (just barely)
  • Options
    mrcalcmanmrcalcman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I'm the only person on the planet who isn't stoked about RB: Beatles. I really would prefer to just get the DLC. But that's neither here nor there.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! I am not buying the Beatles games but will rent it.

mrcalcman on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Things I'm looking forward to (because saying "everything" would be lame):

- Privateer Press booth, because I bet they'll have all the Retribution models out in a fantastic diorama.
    - Bioware, because there's always that chance they'll have a playable demo for Dragon Age: Origins.
    - Seeing thousands of people who share similar interests to mine at my first PAX.

Just have to remember next year to make plans way in advance. This whole scrabbling for a hotel room thing really sucks.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NCsoft has so many cute females working there, it would almost be worth the jail time to kidnap Will Ferrel to barter for entry.

Criminal Acts aside, Guild Wars artwork is so sexy that I sometimes wish that they would get with the guys from Odin sphere and that one game on the wii to do a game.

so sexy

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I just read an article over @ 1up.com saying that Left 4 Dead's 3rd campaign 'Dark Carnival' will be playable at PAX.
    189.jpg
    and I got 2 words for ya: Zombie Clowns

So, has anybody heard of anything else that will be debuting at PAX?

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SWTOR will have its NA debut.

parabola on
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Excited for both.

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aion 1.5 will be there, which is the version that will be at launch. Significant changes from what was available in closed beta.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I vote that this thread be combined with this thread.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I vote that this thread be combined with this thread.

I'm all for it.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's some info on the TEKKEN 6 tournaments at the NAMCO BANDAI Games booth at PAX:

EVERYDAY SEPT. 4 - 6

No Player Limit
    Single Elimination
    2/3 Matches

Signups - 10AM - 1 PM
    Tournament Begins - 1 PM
    Tournament Finals - 5 PM

Awesome prizes/giveaways throughout each day! Make sure you guys enter!

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    jbrencejbrence Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Definitely gotta stop by the Mana Energy Potion booth. They are giving out free Mana and Health Potion samples. Also, they got some consoles with BlazBlue on it for free play(since they teamed up with them at game launch and they were featured on the BlazBlue Collector's Edition DVD).

There will also be a BlazBlue Tournament every day. The winner will receive a Mana Energy Potion/ BlazBlue gift pack!

Tournament Registration is at 1PM each day at Booth #161 (Mana Energy Potions).
    16 players in each tournament.
    Tournament starts at 2PM.

jbrence on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    MarkManSDT wrote: »
    Here's some info on the TEKKEN 6 tournaments at the NAMCO BANDAI Games booth at PAX:

EVERYDAY SEPT. 4 - 6

No Player Limit
    Single Elimination
    2/3 Matches

Signups - 10AM - 1 PM
    Tournament Begins - 1 PM
    Tournament Finals - 5 PM

I'll be there. Probably all too eager to get my ass beat by some nerd, but whatever. :)

I'll also stop at the Mana booth for that BlazBlue action. Again, probably just going to be there for somebody else to beat, but hey, all in good fun.

Uno Ill Nino on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MarkManSDT wrote: »

EVERYDAY SEPT. 4 - 6

No Player Limit
    Single Elimination
    2/3 Matches

Signups - 10AM - 1 PM
    Tournament Begins - 1 PM
    Tournament Finals - 5 PM

I may throw my hat in the ring Saturday or Sunday.

I haven't competitively played Tekken since making it to a regional qualifer during the national Tekken 4 tournament. I've played 5 in arcades and DR on PS3, but haven't done much head to head except with friends.

Time to dust off the old Bob juggles and Steve sequences. I wonder if I can remember enough chain throws to make a decent effort with King or Armored King?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    algorhythm3.14algorhythm3.14 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OH SHITS

No More Heroes 2 is going to be playable! For the first time anywhere. At PAX. AWESOME.

No really, I'm serious

algorhythm3.14 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The_Reflection on
This discussion has been closed.