As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i ordered my kit this sounds like so much fun. and i agree i hope i survive more then 5 mins lol:P

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • asherrdasherrd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone else have trouble ordering a kit. It keeps saying my Visa card is declined. Then 2 minutes later I ordered Professor Layton from gamestop.com and had no problems with my card. I tried the google checkout again and still no luck.

Edit: Just used my friends card to order a kit. Add me to the potential victi-...players

asherrd on
  • FellinaFellina Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ordered mine a month ago, but you guys got me so excited I ordered two more for my travel buddies. ^.^

Now to find some booty...

edit: muhahaha, I will be spreading Syphilis (in honor of the new Syfy) to my assassin ... beware!
    bacteria-pox.jpg

Fellina on
    edited August 2009
    I am now listed above "you?" God damn I have always hated that guy. Finally something that proves I am above "you?"

asherrd on
  • basserbasser Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm a bit strapped for cash so the "booty" for killing me will probably be a ziplock baggie of whatever I find lying around work that looks interesting. I'm a tech in a water quality lab so expect a stash of "hazardous waste" and other odd stickers if you catch me! :lol:

basser on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    2327178KMZwS.png
    I am Paladin, short and stout,
    Here is my hammer, here is my mount,
    When I see the Horde you'll hear me shout,
    Time to pop a bubble and hearth right out!
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's actually a pretty cool prize.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Im having some trouble with my debit card, and the bank has to send me a new one.

Can someone order me a kit and i'll give you cash at PAX?

Preferably someone on the train, so i'll 100% see you before PAX starts.

The_Reflection on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fuck it... I broke down and bought a kit.

Booty: I'm thinking a Where's Waldo book?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Fuck it... I broke down and bought a kit.

Booty: I'm thinking a Where's Waldo book?
    omg, yes, do it!

btw, for everyone else (except, of course, the guy with syphillis), don't forget to offer your swag when you get killed. last year, i barely remembered as the guy was walking away. also, don't be offended if they don't take it, carrying capacity if very limited for most of us, it's not an insult.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The majority of the kits just shipped, if you ordered on or before Monday, it should be in the mail. The rest of the orders from Monday to tonight will ship out tomorrow.

The shipping option will be shut down tonight to ensure everyone gets their kits in time. You'll still be able to order kits but the shipping option will be for pickup. Right now, the definite pickup option is the Pre-PAX Dinner, which you should ALL be attending cause its awesome, but we will have a way for you to get in touch with us should you not be able to make it.

I'll be posting more updates tonight about the badge layout, rules (nothing major, just tweaks) and updating the player count and hitlist as well. Right now we're hovering around 70 kits ordered, thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Im having some trouble with my debit card, and the bank has to send me a new one.

Can someone order me a kit and i'll give you cash at PAX?

Preferably someone on the train, so i'll 100% see you before PAX starts.

I can help you out if you still need it.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Death Swag = got!

300px-Torchwood_children_of_earth_us_dvd.jpg

There's a few other things to go with it, but this is the main piece

Sir_Lag on
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    Death Swag = got!

300px-Torchwood_children_of_earth_us_dvd.jpg

There's a few other things to go with it, but this is the main piece

:O

Where should I show up to kill you? :P

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lol! Glad I got something that has some interest attached to it

Sir_Lag on
  • j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ShyGuy and my kits are being shipped, yay! Now we just have to think of some good booty :P

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
    edited August 2009
    All kits are shipped! Rules were updated last night with a minor change to the layout of the badge. Basically the badge code will always be readable on the top now, regardless of whether you've been eliminated. The KillTag was also updated to reflect its updated design.

MarsChelios on
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Generic Thinkgeek swag ordered. Hopefully it arrives on time.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rules .pdf looks great. There are a few minor typos here and there, but in general it makes things very clear and it looks sharp. Good job.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited August 2009
    Thank you kindly! This weekend I'll be ironing out the Kill Registration system and be getting some info for that in the rules.

I was asked a great question about whether the Queue Room was a Safe Zone. It's not, but don't be line hopping to take down a target.

MarsChelios on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Got my packet in the mail today, thanks! =) I like the new wristband/armband approach!

Will I last more than 30 seconds this year? Only time will tell. ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I got mine too. Only thing I'm concerned about is getting the card out to flip around when I die. Since I'm totally going to die. I tried to test out how difficult it is but was thwarted by the plastic.

edit: Just tried to register it and don't get any kind of confirmation that it worked or not. Is something broken?

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    edited August 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    I got mine too. Only thing I'm concerned about is getting the card out to flip around when I die. Since I'm totally going to die. I tried to test out how difficult it is but was thwarted by the plastic.

edit: Just tried to register it and don't get any kind of confirmation that it worked or not. Is something broken?

I'll check it out when I get home, could be it may not be turned on to accept players yet. It should give you a message if its successfully registered., but I'll shoot you a PM if it did and it just didnt tell you.

MarsChelios on
  • OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had the same thing happen.

Oroso on
    edited August 2009
    You kinda have to shove your fingers in nearly all the way to get the card unstuck.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I ended up doing that and it worked.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A pencil works good.

Oroso on
    edited August 2009
    Ok! Kit Registration should be working now, looks like it wasnt letting anyone through before. If you experience any problems post here or PM me and I'll look into it.

MarsChelios on
  • MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I still can't register. I've got an account made for the site, but when I try to enter the five-letter code it tells me "An error has occurred on this page. An error occured in selecting the Badge."

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
    edited August 2009
    MoreGrease wrote: »
    I still can't register. I've got an account made for the site, but when I try to enter the five-letter code it tells me "An error has occurred on this page. An error occured in selecting the Badge."

Same here:?

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay! I'm late to the party as usual. :P

Just ordered within 5 minutes ago, but per the lateness I guess I'm picking mine up before or during the show. :)

I didn't have trouble ordering, so I'm not sure if they had a hiccup or what not a few hours ago, but it's working fine now (at least for me).

Shiggles on
    edited August 2009
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Same here:?

Sorry guys, too much work must be frying my brain. After some sleep I woke up remembering that I left something in there to stop the registration progress while I "fixed" it. :oops: I just tested it with a brand new user account and its working now.
    Shiggles wrote: »
    Yay! I'm late to the party as usual. :P

Hey, better late than never. Thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
    edited August 2009
    w00t, fully registered!

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry guys, too much work must be frying my brain. After some sleep I woke up remembering that I left something in there to stop the registration progress while I "fixed" it.

Work? I thought all you did was play Halo these days. And, I KNOW you don't sleep. PAX two years ago taught me that.

sum10fishy on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ooh, just got my kit, love the arm bands!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited August 2009
    Got my band today. Are YOU? my target. Only time will tell.

I know how I am going to kill people now. If I see one of my targets I am going to get my camera out, walk up to them and say "Hey mouse, say cheese." Take a picture of them and then politely inform them that they are now dead.

This is all assuming I don't get killed intantly.

PS. I know Simpsons did it. No need to call me out for copying, I'm well aware.

asherrd on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alright, I got my kit and I'm all registered up! Is it just me, or are these armbands small? I had to let mine out most of the way to wear it comfortably, and I'm not exactly sporting "guns" as the kids say.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2009
    I plan on walking up, kill-tag in hand police-badge style, and shoot them with my finger-gun. "BANG!" or possibly "PEW" will also be involved somehow.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
    edited August 2009
    HotSake wrote: »
    Alright, I got my kit and I'm all registered up! Is it just me, or are these armbands small? I had to let mine out most of the way to wear it comfortably, and I'm not exactly sporting "guns" as the kids say.

Yeah, they were not as large as I thought they would be for something designed to "fit most arms". I did find that I was trying to wear it too high up on my arm, moving it down made the fit a little less snug. If anyone finds that the fit is just too tight let me know and we'll find a way to make it work.

MarsChelios on
    edited August 2009
    I find mine fits just above the elbow, dunno if that's acceptable for the game, but I can always use a safety pin or something.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh joy... I just realized that I'm the icon that I was hunting for last year... Oh the irony.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
This discussion has been closed.