As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So she is a real person, right? Because all this thread confusion has me, well, confused.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    Millington managed to turn this into a Guardian column and a novel, so he made out like a bandit on the back of this.

Also, I'm re-reading them, and am reminded of the time I did the same thing to a pizza that Margaret did.
    I've read the book - the book is excellent, since amongst the crazy (and I'm assuming, possibly real arguments in it) there's the completely insane backstory he adds in
    the best part being the Ph D student who somehow lost his supervisor and turned up 4 years later with a deadly new nerve gas asking who he saw about a patent.

electricitylikesme on
  • celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is about my mom, so obviously not my girlfriend (eew) but you tell me if you think it's crazy.

My dad likes to go out and play tennis, picking up games with some neighborhood people at the public tennis courts. When my mom finds out he's been playing tennis with some young women, she loses it. Jealous. She says, "What if I went to the gym? What if I got a male trainer? What if I snuck glances at men in short shorts? How would you like that?" Now, they've been married faithfully for decades. But I think Mom resents Dad spending any time on himself, especially exercise, because she's always cooped up doing housework.

Am I headed for this mess if I get married one day? I like running and going to the gym. I don't want to quit just because there are men in the weight room! (And honestly, I've never thought that monogamy precludes looking at people of the opposite sex when they walk down the street. I'm in a serious relationship and neither of us have stopped looking. Am I crazy?)

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    celandine wrote: »
    (And honestly, I've never thought that monogamy precludes looking at people of the opposite sex when they walk down the street. I'm in a serious relationship and neither of us have stopped looking. Am I crazy?)
    My mother points out good-looking women to my father on the street in case he missed them. So no, you're not crazy.

Wildcat on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    (And honestly, I've never thought that monogamy precludes looking at people of the opposite sex when they walk down the street. I'm in a serious relationship and neither of us have stopped looking. Am I crazy?)
    My mother points out good-looking women to my father on the street in case he missed them. So no, you're not crazy.
    My father not only looked at good-looking women while walking on the beach with my mom on our last family vacation, but when my mom had the camera she took snapshots for him.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Insecure mum is insecure, but those stories are also kind of....ew. And read like a letter to playboy :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I used to work with a girl who had a crazy boyfriend. The guy was fanatical about her not having any contact with her ex-boyfriend who she worked with, as in sitting about 10 feet away from all damned day. This guy would flip a bitch whenever she spoke to the ex, granted it was ALWAYS work related. I would know as I sat next to the guy. If he needed something e-mailed or if she had to contact the office she would have to call my cellphone as he would get pissed if the ex happened to answer the office phone when she called. Did I mention this is AFTER she has had a kid with the current boyfriend and is planning to marry her babies daddy?

Jealousy is damned scary at times.

SkannerJAT on
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Centipeed wrote: »
    Teslan26 wrote: »
    ... her sister (who I'd not met, and was barely legal) and me (I?) having sex ...

The way to determine whether "I" or "me" is appropriate in these situations is to remove the other party (Which, in this case, is the sister) from the sentence, and see if it still makes sense.

"Walked in on me having sex" makes sense.

"Walked in on I having sex" does not make sense.

Therefore, "her sister and me" is correct. Or possibly "me and her sister".

Thank you.

I always used the guess technique, with brackets when unsure.

Your way is better.

Teslan26 on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    With the exception of my first girlfriend, every girl I have ever dated has had the decency to point out other attractive women for me. More recently, a girl I was seeing was kind enough to try to hook me up with one of them.

So, y'know. There's that.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    ... her sister (who I'd not met, and was barely legal) and me (I?) having sex ...

The way to determine whether "I" or "me" is appropriate in these situations is to remove the other party (Which, in this case, is the sister) from the sentence, and see if it still makes sense.

Thank you.

Your way is better.
    It's not even a hard part of learning grammar, christ.

Nerdgasmic on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    With the exception of my first girlfriend, every girl I have ever dated has had the decency to point out other attractive women for me. More recently, a girl I was seeing was kind enough to try to hook me up with one of them.

So, y'know. There's that.

Man, I'm tired. At first I though you typed that she tried to hookup with them. But it's a little weirder when she tried to get you to.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is it bad that the Mil and Margaret stuff seems completely normal to me? Not in a "that's exactly what cohabitation is like" sense, but a "you've got to have a sense of humor about your SO or you'll go crazy" sense.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    chasm wrote: »
    If you read the tabloids, you'd realize she actually is crazy. And the annoying/needy kind at that.

So anyway, got a call from my first girlfriend today, asking me to come see her new place. As she stalked me for years after we broke up, I don't think I'll take her up on that offer.

Mine found me on Facebook about a month after I signed up. Just happened to search and see if I had one.

Then proceeded to tell me about her lack of a sex life. How she hasn't had any since her and her husband conceived her year old son.

Then she invited me to lunch. Just the two of us.

Sheep on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    If you read the tabloids, you'd realize she actually is crazy. And the annoying/needy kind at that.

So anyway, got a call from my first girlfriend today, asking me to come see her new place. As she stalked me for years after we broke up, I don't think I'll take her up on that offer.

Mine found me on Facebook about a month after I signed up. Just happened to search and see if I had one.

Then proceeded to tell me about her lack of a sex life. How she hasn't had any since her and her husband conceived her year old son.

M. I. U. F. It just doesn't have the same ring, does it?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited August 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

Note how Sheep doesn't say that he declined the offer. :winky:

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is about my mom, so obviously not my girlfriend (eew) but you tell me if you think it's crazy.

My dad likes to go out and play tennis, picking up games with some neighborhood people at the public tennis courts. When my mom finds out he's been playing tennis with some young women, she loses it. Jealous. She says, "What if I went to the gym? What if I got a male trainer? What if I snuck glances at men in short shorts? How would you like that?" Now, they've been married faithfully for decades. But I think Mom resents Dad spending any time on himself, especially exercise, because she's always cooped up doing housework.

Am I headed for this mess if I get married one day? I like running and going to the gym. I don't want to quit just because there are men in the weight room! (And honestly, I've never thought that monogamy precludes looking at people of the opposite sex when they walk down the street. I'm in a serious relationship and neither of us have stopped looking. Am I crazy?)

Not if you do the housework.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So what is the accepted average time until a girlfriend becomes comfortable enough to fart in front of you? It took mine like 2 years until I knew she was capable, now were married and I swear it's more than me.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My friend, who started playing WoW a couple weeks ago, was throwing a miniature LAN party the other day. After a few hours of Call of Duty, he decided he wanted to play some more WoW, so my other friend and I each signed up for a 10 day free trial since neither of us had an account. I'd jokingly told my girlfriend that I was strictly against trying trying the game only because I knew it'd be fun and I'd most likely end up buying it, so she got pissed beyond all comprehension when I was installing it. In the course of about an hour, she threatened to "destroy my computer," threatened me with violence, stole my wallet, tried multiple times to disconnect the power to my computer, told me that she was "packing up her shit and leaving forever," and shoved her promise ring into a can of Dr. Pepper.

Blakout on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blakout wrote: »
    My friend, who started playing WoW a couple weeks ago, was throwing a miniature LAN party the other day. After a few hours of Call of Duty, he decided he wanted to play some more WoW, so my other friend and I each signed up for a 10 day free trial since neither of us had an account. I'd jokingly told my girlfriend that I was strictly against trying trying the game only because I knew it'd be fun and I'd most likely end up buying it, so she got pissed beyond all comprehension when I was installing it. In the course of about an hour, she threatened to "destroy my computer," threatened me with violence, stole my wallet, tried multiple times to disconnect the power to my computer, told me that she was "packing up her shit and leaving forever," and shoved her promise ring into a can of Dr. Pepper.

... Seriously?

Why?

Melkster on
    edited August 2009

o_O

Gotta love the folks who go way overboard based on rumors they hear about things.

I remember the expression on my Dad's face when my half-sister told him that folks had killed themselves over D&D. I just told him the only thing I would ingest at a D&D session with my friends were potato chips and mountain dew.

Gonmun on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since we've seen her ilk way too much in this thread already, I'll summarize and get right to the punchline. Met a girl online, loved to talk to me but was very very hard to get to agree to do stuff with me in person, got upset/mad at me for the tiniest things (had to spend over an hour convincing her I still liked her after I visited her at her night job as a bar--apparently the fact that I let her do her job and didn't try to monopolize her every single second I was there meant I wasn't interested), had me spend half the night outside her apartment trying to convince her not to commit suicide, hurredly had sex with me once (with a condom) on her way to work, then lied and said she was pregnant (and immediately tried to convince me to sign legal paperwork to give up rights to the child).

When that failed to cause me to explode (believe me, I was pretty stressed out about the pregnancy thing, but I kept it together when I talked to her) she unleashed her piece de resistance: she left a phone message telling me she had a miscarriage when she drove her car into a cow. Of course I checked, and my friend at the police department said that never happened.

I should also mention that her day job was as an elementary school teacher.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Melkster wrote: »

... Seriously?

Why?

She "had a bad day at work" and I should've been thinking more about our future instead of (not) spending money on a videogame or something.

Blakout on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Since we've seen her ilk way too much in this thread already, I'll summarize and get right to the punchline. Met a girl online, loved to talk to me but was very very hard to get to agree to do stuff with me in person, got upset/mad at me for the tiniest things (had to spend over an hour convincing her I still liked her after I visited her at her night job as a bar--apparently the fact that I let her do her job and didn't try to monopolize her every single second I was there meant I wasn't interested), had me spend half the night outside her apartment trying to convince her not to commit suicide, hurredly had sex with me once (with a condom) on her way to work, then lied and said she was pregnant (and immediately tried to convince me to sign legal paperwork to give up rights to the child).

When that failed to cause me to explode (believe me, I was pretty stressed out about the pregnancy thing, but I kept it together when I talked to her) she unleashed her piece de resistance: she left a phone message telling me she had a miscarriage when she drove her car into a cow. Of course I checked, and my friend at the police department said that never happened.

I should also mention that her day job was as an elementary school teacher.

With my job I am regularly going into schools and working with teachers, principals and other support staff. If I've learned anything, it's that teachers are just as wild and fucked up as anyone else, they are just very good at hiding it.

RocketSauce on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd jokingly told my girlfriend that I was strictly against trying trying the game only because I knew it'd be fun and I'd most likely end up buying it, so she got pissed beyond all comprehension when I was installing it.

On a similar note, I played WoW for 4 years, and finally gave up the game this past January. In late February, I started a relationship with a woman, and we now live together. She knows I played heavily, and I've commented that I'm glad I finally kicked the habit, and that I'm not entirely sure I like the person I become when I'm deeply invested in a game like that as I was (progression raider on my server, heavy altoholic).

So when I happened to mention to her that a trailer was out for the next big expansion, she was less than happy with the prospect, though there was less 'threatening' and more "attempting to distract me with enticing dancing in my peripheral vision".

But hey, she might end up working 3-11, which is almost enough time to start raiding again.

... what? I'm still clean! I haven't resubscribed! Yet.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited August 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    I'd jokingly told my girlfriend that I was strictly against trying trying the game only because I knew it'd be fun and I'd most likely end up buying it, so she got pissed beyond all comprehension when I was installing it.

On a similar note, I played WoW for 4 years, and finally gave up the game this past January. In late February, I started a relationship with a woman, and we now live together. She knows I played heavily, and I've commented that I'm glad I finally kicked the habit, and that I'm not entirely sure I like the person I become when I'm deeply invested in a game like that as I was (progression raider on my server, heavy altoholic).

So when I happened to mention to her that a trailer was out for the next big expansion, she was less than happy with the prospect, though there was less 'threatening' and more "attempting to distract me with enticing dancing in my peripheral vision".

But hey, she might end up working 3-11, which is almost enough time to start raiding again.

... what? I'm still clean! I haven't resubscribed! Yet.

My girlfriend got me into WoW. 6 months later I was in a decent raiding guild. 12 months later I was a lot fatter, utterly devoid of socialisation, and clearing BT and MH with ease.

WotLK made me re-evaluate and quit. Now I play a bit of eve, but nothing like the hold WoW had on me.

Teslan26 on
  • ForxForx Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Where to start, phew...

Met through a website, chatted for about a month or so before I plucked up the courage to ask her to come round since my parents were out (I was a socially awkward nerd then, I had no idea where to go out let alone the desire to go there). Met in town, went back to mine, ended up kissing at the end of the night. She went back home, I'm feeling great. I couldn't see it, but it started going downhill from there.

I start seeing her more and more during the time off I had before going back to my second year at college, neglecting my friends and family to spend time with her (my choice at the time). It's great at first, but gradually start getting fed up, only now I'm stuck in this relationship and too much of a loser to get out.

She falls out with her Mum and moves in with me at my parents. Now she's used to me spending every waking moment with her, she pretty much enforces it. When I want to go see my friends she whines and cries and makes me feel like crap until I cancel to be bored with her. My friends and parents hate her and she hates them back. Two years pass.

I'm putting up with the relationship still, her Mum buggers off with some creepy old guy she met on the internet, so I move into her place to get away from my parents who I'm falling out with because of always sticking up for her no matter what. We start university, same place, same course. Spend every day sitting at the back not socialising with anyone. We pretty much just go there, then come back. She's made me boring. I should probably say now that I suffered from a young age from Ulcerative Colitis, so I got ill a lot. Completely against my control I had a flare up of the illness, apparently caused by her "not making [me] happy any more". She continues making me feel bad for being ill, becoming hysteric every time I have to go to the hospital for something as minor as a blood test and getting angry if I even mention my illness. Another year passes.

Second year of university I start socialising with people, making new friends who actually share the same interests as I do. Every thing's good. I'm enjoying university. I'm enjoying going out with my friends. I'm still tolerating the relationship. I get cancer. She keeps getting angry at me. I beat cancer (last boss is hard etc). During and after it, I cannot talk to anyone about what I've been through, she wont even let me mention it and the sight of my scars makes her go into a rage. We start arguing pretty much constantly, usually ends with her getting physically violent towards me. This carries on until the story ends.

For the last year of uni, we move into place with a couple of friends from uni. One night we're out and I get very ill and have to leave. She would then go on to threaten to top herself because I got ill. Later she will actually try to top herself and I spend 48 hours awake next to her hospital bed. She gets a good job pretty far away, so we plan to move there (like I had a choice).

We move away from everyone I know, bar one friend who really had nothing else here and pretty much moved away with us. We start playing WoW, so I spend my days playing that and my nights arguing or playing more WoW if she's out with work friends. I finally decide (am allowed by her) to have the operation to fix the aforementioned colitis. The operation is done in two parts back where I used to live. The operation goes great, and I'm out in time for my graduation. She's there but is very weird with me.

I go back home to her feeling like crap, a uni friend who I shared a flat with is there for the weekend. I'm pretty mad since I wanted to just go to bed, but whatever. Continues acting weird with me, spending more and more time with her friends.

I finally snap.

Now I realise this is a very dickheaded thing to do, and if I hadn't found anything I'd have felt like the worst human on the face of the earth. I checked her chat logs. Seems my friend from uni had come down expecting to get some and she had a conversation with a guy from work talking about the weekend she stayed over there (I wont go into detail, but it was quite explicit). She admits it on the phone there and then, but would later deny it until her face turned blue (to this very day). I tell her not to come back home til I've moved out. She comes back anyway... In the back of a police van... Paralytic. I leave and never see her again.

She keeps bugging me on MSN, denying the whole thing and trying to convince me to get back with her. I'm going along with it for a while, but my friends set me straight (don't know what I'd have done without them). She denies it to this day.

So yea, she was pretty damn crazy. What makes it funny is the guy she cheated on me with (and I'm 99% sure is still with) is an overweight goth polygamist (who can only seem to get one girl at once, so he's pretty bad at it). GG.

tl;dr
    Crazy girl. Blames me for getting ill and gets violent at me. Wastes 5 years of my life. Cheats on me with a fat polygamist.

Forx on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

This is now easily my favorite line from any of these stories.

Peen on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

This is now easily my favorite line from any of these stories.

Shit, hawk the ring and pay for WoW. Problem solved!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ITT they beat up cancer victims.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Thank you.

Your way is better.
    It's not even a hard part of learning grammar, christ.

Yeah, this technique is pretty extreme compared to learning the difference between a pronoun and an indirect object.

And since I'm here, I might as well contribute a brief story.
    I dated a girl for half a year on-and-off. We decided to continue dating while she went to study abroad at the end of the school year.

We skyped and talked on the phone a lot to try and make it work. During one of our conversations her phone cut out because her calling card ran out of minutes. The next day I got back in touch with her, but she sounded very ill-at-ease; I had a bad feeling about it.

"Did you get upset, assume that I hung up on you, and do something stupid?"
    "I, uh..."
    "Did you?"
    "...You remember that guy I told you about, the photographer in the same program as me?"
    "Yes."
    "We... we kind of kissed for a while."
    "Ok, we're done."

Her response? Letting a line of men take tequila bodyshots off of her that night and making sure that I saw the pictures.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited August 2009
    If I had been taught that - I would no doubt know it. Since I was not, and have had no real need to know, I did not.

In other words, my ignorance is due to not really giving a shit. I was politely thanking someone who informed me of something I admitted I did not know in exactly, and being self-deprecating in the subtext to create more of a post than just thank you.

Woo grammar police.

Teslan26 on
  • CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If I had been taught that - I would no doubt know it. Since I was not, and have had no real need to know, I did not.

In other words, my ignorance is due to not really giving a shit. I was politely thanking someone who informed me of something I admitted I did not know in exactly, and being self-deprecating in the subtext to create more of a post than just thank you.

Woo grammar police.

I only learned how to figure it out recently. It's not exactly an obvious side of grammar, and sometimes things will sound right even if technically they're wrong. You were right to question it.

I'm not very fond of grammar police either.

Also, Forx... Wow. A craptacular combination of a horrendous bitch, your social awkwardness, and shitty illnesses seems to have led to some fucked up times.

I absolutely hate it when girls feel even a slightest weakness in a guy and then drive at it until they've got him under their heel. Luckily it's never happened to me, just some of my close friends.

Centipeed on
  • ForxForx Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, Forx... Wow. A craptacular combination of a horrendous bitch, your social awkwardness, and shitty illnesses seems to have led to some fucked up times.

I absolutely hate it when girls feel even a slightest weakness in a guy and then drive at it until they've got him under their heel. Luckily it's never happened to me, just some of my close friends.

Thanks to all of that I'm no longer socially awkward, but quite the opposite. Life is good now. Had my fair share of bad luck, surely I can't get much more!

Forx on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Forx wrote: »

Thanks to all of that I'm no longer socially awkward, but quite the opposite. Life is good now. Had my fair share of bad luck, surely I can't get much more!

I have the tests back. I'm afraid you have 37 diseases, including three that have never been discovered before!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I get cancer. She keeps getting angry at me. I beat cancer (last boss is hard etc). During and after it, I cannot talk to anyone about what I've been through, she wont even let me mention it and the sight of my scars makes her go into a rage.

Dude, you got to punch cancer in the face and she wouldn't let you tell anyone about it?

Aeyther on
    edited August 2009
    Aeyther wrote: »
    I get cancer. She keeps getting angry at me. I beat cancer (last boss is hard etc). During and after it, I cannot talk to anyone about what I've been through, she wont even let me mention it and the sight of my scars makes her go into a rage.

Dude, you got to punch cancer in the face and she wouldn't let you tell anyone about it?

I know a few people who feel violently ill when they hear cancer mentioned because it was so traumatic to see a loved one go through it. In that context, "Don't mention it around me" is not so unreasonable.

Did she try to prohibit you mentioning it when she wasn't around?

kedinik on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    telling someone in cancer treatment not to mention their disease is still pretty fucking unreasonable

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I've seen this act used a fair bit in this thread so far, so it's pretty safe to say that behaving like this is akin to behaving like a crazy woman.

But this actually happened to my girlfriend when I was about 18. She was driving down south for the weekend to visit her parents, apparently saw a kangaroo cross the road, swerved to miss it and wham! Bent her car right around a tree. She was a little banged up but physically OK, then she had the miscarrage.

I found that last piece of information a little odd however as,
    A. I didn't know she was pregnant.
    B. I was a virgin.

Shortly after, I was told by a mutual friend that her ex-boyfriend was the one driving, and they were going down south for some lovin'.

So not really crazy, just a colossal bitch.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    telling someone in cancer treatment not to mention their disease is still pretty fucking unreasonable

True.

kedinik on
  • An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I posted this in a Strange/Embarrassing thread a long time ago, but I think it'd fit this topic pretty well, since it was my friend's girlfriend that did the flipping out.

So I was at a friend's house watching The Mist. There were two girls (one of which will turn into the crazy girlfriend) there, one of them asked to be driven home pretty early in the movie - she didn't care for horror movies and was tired. So I was all 'Okay, I'll drive you back'. The other girl was laughing and saying stuff like: Leaving early? Laaaame!" and being all 'I can stay and watch the scary movie haha'.

I drive first girl home (she lives like 2 miles away) and get back to my friend's place. At this point, its the part in the movie where the little bug things are flying at the window and getting into the store. This scene unfolds and the girlfriend COMPLETELY FLIPS THE FUCK OUT!

She screams, shouting "TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!" and before any of us have any time to react (or even figure out if she is serious), she rushes the DVD player, and shakes it violently. That does not turn off the movie...obviously.

After her first failed attempt, she drops the DVD player on the floor and grabs the tv and then FLIPS IT OVER! It slams on top of the DVD player (doesn't break it) and the movie is still playing. She is pseudo sobbing at this point while screaming and grabs at the wires and unplugs EVERYTHING.

We're all kind of just sitting on the floor, completely stunned. Being myself, I just walk into the kitchen to heat up my hot wings (whenever there is a weird situation, my main solution is to ignore it/pretend it isn't happening and just wait for it to resolve itself. IE: The Griffin Family and the giant squid).

After finally managing to turn off...well, everything, she turns around and runs upstairs into my friend's room (her boyfriend). She goes into the closet and gets in a big cardboard box that he happened to have in there.

So after that, we're just staring at one another with this kind of silent "What the fuck just happened?" expressions on our face.

It was pretty fucked up. Their relationship didn't really survive that incident.

An-D on
This discussion has been closed.