As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dual Monitor Question

JensenJensen Registered User regular
I searched, but i'll admit, only for about 5 minutes. So if this has been answered, try to only stab me once or twice.

I just recently started using dual monitors, and it's badass. I wonder, though: is it possible to have a game open full screen on one monitor and be browsing/chatting on the other? Currently if I mouse over to the secondary monitor and click on something, it minimizes my game. Which makes sense, but I think it'd also make sense for someone more clever than I to figure out a way around this.

signaturedisgaea.png
Jensen on

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2009
    Jensen wrote: »
    I searched, but i'll admit, only for about 5 minutes. So if this has been answered, try to only stab me once or twice.

I just recently started using dual monitors, and it's badass. I wonder, though: is it possible to have a game open full screen on one monitor and be browsing/chatting on the other? Currently if I mouse over to the secondary monitor and click on something, it minimizes my game. Which makes sense, but I think it'd also make sense for someone more clever than I to figure out a way around this.

many games can do a "fake" fullscreen mode where it is technically open in a window, but is borderless, and you can mouse out of it.

Look through the settings for that, and you will be golden.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Running a game in windowed mode will give a FPS hit though.. probably just a couple percent, but if you're a framerate addict it'll bug you.

Other than that it works great and you'll wonder how you ever survived without it in the past.

xzzy on
  • Options
    JensenJensen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Groovy, I'll give this a shot. :)

Jensen on
    signaturedisgaea.png