As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Restaurants and Things in Seattle

124»

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Doc wrote: »

Sit-down restaurants that are great for Seattle, provided that you have a car:
    On a scale of $-$$$$$, in the order I thought of them in:
    Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizza - $$
    Great oven-fired pizza. Get one per person, as they are kind of small. With pizza and a drink, expect it to be ~$20 per person. I like this place a lot.

Ivar's Fish Bar - $
    Down on the waterfront, it's the fast-food version of Ivar's Acres of Clams. While the sit-down place is nicer, it's pretty pricey for what you get. Eat here for under $10.

Molly Moon's Ice Cream - $$ (for ice cream. Pretty cheap on the whole, and certainly worth it)
    Best ice cream I've ever had, hands down. They also have awesome flavors like "maple bacon" and "honey lavender."

Dick's drive-in - $
    Cheapo fast food. Great when you've been out drinking, but be aware that they close their windows at 2:00 am, sharp. Even if you are in the middle of an order.

There are tons of other ones that are great, too. I just don't feel like doing reviews of every place in the city. :P Just don't eat in the Space Needle restaurant. It's expensive and not very good.

Bars:
    I'll go over areas instead of individual bars:
    Capitol Hill is great if you just want to chill with your group. Lot's o' hipsters and trendy people.
    Belltown is a more Bro-ish
    Pioneeer Square for clubs

For the lady, we have a Macy's and a Nordstrom right next door to each other downtown, a couple of blocks from the convention center. The whole shopping district is right there.

A note on Tutta-Bella: The type of pizza they make is a speciality pizza and, as far as I can remember, Seattle is the *only* place you can get it. To actually make the pizza in the way they do, there's a specific oven required as well as a certification that's needed by the chefs in Italy.

Some of my *favorite* places in town (most of these are a bit pricey, so it just depends on how deep you wanna dig for a fantastic meal). Most of these are places you'd need to cab it to.

Cutters - Pretty delicious seafood.
    The Met - Mouth-watering, melt in your mouth steaks.
    The Old Spaghetti Factory - Cheesy place, but decent spag and pasta based dishes.

Now, when it comes to food in BARS, there are 3...all owned by the same guy and all German based:

Die Bier Stube

Feierabend
    Prost!

All 3 are AWESOME, I prefer Die Bier Stube, but it's a ways off from PAX.

If you want a good irish pub, it's all about Fado.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    sergeminatorsergeminator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Talking about good places in Seattle the west coast seriously needs some White Castles!

sergeminator on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    White Castle is ok, but In-N-Out is where it's at.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    beta_angel wrote: »

So true. Was going to say so myself, but I didn't think there were any as far north as Seattle.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    White castle ist he worst thing I've ever attempted to eat. Your idea is bad and you should feel bad, sergeminator.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SordalSordal Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just gonna suggest a place for people comming in, Umi sushi, is really good -_-

Sordal on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    White castle ist he worst thing I've ever attempted to eat. Your idea is bad and you should feel bad, sergeminator.

WTF Moe... White Castle is one of the best things on the planet. If there was one nearby me, I would be eating it right now... but the nearest one is 2 hours away.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you are looking for restaurants, we have def gone over this more than once. Fancypants Restaurant Guide.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    SordalSordal Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ive never seen a white castle let alone ate at one, isnt it in waynes world? Or am i just making things up now...

Sordal on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

WTF Moe... White Castle is one of the best things on the planet. If there was one nearby me, I would be eating it right now... but the nearest one is 2 hours away.

I... don't know if you can be on the CCST anymore.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009

So true. Was going to say so myself, but I didn't think there were any as far north as Seattle.

Sadly, there aren't.

The closest thing we have in Seattle is Dick's Drive-in (You can never get tired of hearing somebody say "Hey, let's go eat some Dick's!" or "I ate a greasy bag of big Dick's!")

...it's hilarious. :|

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dicks is passable, but what we really need up here are some In and Outs. Though if anyone not from the Seattle area is interested in try Dicks it's about a 20 minute walk/5 minute drive from the convention center. We could even do another PA Dicks run for lunch some day.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One of the things I love about in-n-out is the freedom to special order just about anything and anyway you want. One of the things most people love about Dick's (or so I hear) is they won't special order anything. Basically what I'm saying is I hate "special sauce" in all its forms.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    TJPTJP Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One of the things I love about in-n-out is the freedom to special order just about anything and anyway you want. One of the things most people love about Dick's (or so I hear) is they won't special order anything. Basically what I'm saying is I hate "special sauce" in all its forms.

"Would you like some thousand isla-I mean Secret Sauce on that?" (end obscure game reference here)

TJP on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I do like that about In and Out, but most places do that. The good thing about Dicks though is that a burger is just a burger. No pickles or mustard to screw it up.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited August 2009

A Double Animal-Style is the shit.

Dick's is just...it's WYSIWYG. It's *ok*, it's just not In-N-Out.

BTW, for anybody who is interested, the main reason there is no In-N-Out here in WA actually has to do with quality control...which makes it even more delicious when I head on down to Cali.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    seattle1.jpg

I recently discovered Dick's and ohhhhhh how I lurves it. It seriously hits the spot. I currently prefer it over Taco Bell for a grease fix.

On top of all that? IT'S FABULOUSLY CHEAP. Seriously. Look at these prices.
    BURGERS

100% fresh, REAL beef

Deluxe Burger $ 2.40

Special Burger $ 1.70

Cheeseburger $ 1.40

Regular Hamburger $ 1.20

FRIES

Fries one size fits all $ 1.40

100% freshly cut, REAL potatoes!

SHAKES

Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry $ 1.90

100% REAL ice-cream, hand-dipped &

“All shook up!”

Frozen Shake $1.35

DRINKS

Milk $ .90

Small Soda $ 1.15

Medium Soda $ 1.35

Large Soda $ 1.45

Beryllium on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Beryllium wrote: »
    I recently discovered Dick's and ohhhhhh how I lurves it. It seriously hits the spot. I currently prefer it over Taco Bell for a grease fix.

I totally agree!! I could go for 3 cheeseburgers right now. :D

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    BozkoBozko Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Beryllium. Is correct Dicks is amazing.

If you up for something classy/casual/ not to spendy while here for PAX

Get PIZZA!!!!!

Yes classy pizza.... at SERIOUS PIE. At 316 virgina st.

Not to far from westlake center best pizza ever imo ;P

Bozko on
    R.O.A.C.H. 's Aluminum Chef~
    SUPER VILLAINS UNITE!
    JOIN R.O.A.C.H. Today!
    The Destructive Kitchen
    R.O.A.C.H. Home Page
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Did not care for Dicks.

*hides*

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Did not care for Dicks.

*hides*

I don't care for it much either, but like I said it's passable. But it's great when there is a PA Dicks meetup on Cap Hill and you live a few blocks away. Or if it's 2am and Mamas is closed. Though I think Mamas changed their hours so they are now always open after the bars close.

Mamas Pizza. ~10 minute walk from PAX. Awesome Pesto Pizza. Tell your friends.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Did not care for Dicks.

*hides*

It's no Elysian Burger, that's for sure.

(But half the fun of Dick's on Capitol Hill is people watching. It's like GoFugYourself meets Second Life up there.)

Beryllium on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Beryllium wrote: »
    Did not care for Dicks.

*hides*

It's no Elysian Burger, that's for sure.

(But half the fun of Dick's on Capitol Hill is people watching. It's like GoFugYourself meets Second Life up there.)

Anywhere on that strip of Broadway is good for people watching. I try to get up there for one reason or another as much as I can as it's just a good area to hang out. The Egyptian is right there for Midnight Movies too. Plus all the bars and clubs as well.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    thetelevisi0nthetelevisi0n Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    These are the only 2 comic book stores I know about in downtown Seattle:

Zanadu Comics
    Golden Age Collectibles

Nothing too impressive.

thetelevisi0n on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Zanadu Comics
    Golden Age Collectibles

Nothing too impressive.

If you can make it over to the University District, you'll find the best comic book shop in the city. It's called the Dreaming.

Not only is the store great, the owners are awesome, friendly as hell AND will have a booth at PAX. Go say hi to Aron.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    thetelevisi0nthetelevisi0n Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Zanadu Comics
    Golden Age Collectibles

Nothing too impressive.

If you can make it over to the University District, you'll find the best comic book shop in the city. It's called the Dreaming.

Not only is the store great, the owners are awesome, friendly as hell AND will have a booth at PAX. Go say hi to Aron.

I think I've been there once but I usually shop at Zanadu in the U district since its closer to campus.

thetelevisi0n on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Zanadu Comics
    Golden Age Collectibles

Nothing too impressive.

THIS.

As a bonus, the owners look exactly like Cain and Abel, but with geek/punk hair. It's weird.

And Xanadu comics? The couple of times I've been there, they treated customers like they're bothersome and should go away. Golden Age collectables is always packed full, so you kind of forgive the staff for being impersonal because they're super-busy. Lots of neat stuff, though!

Beryllium on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    Ivar's Fish Bar - $
    Down on the waterfront, it's the fast-food version of Ivar's Acres of Clams. While the sit-down place is nicer, it's pretty pricey for what you get. Eat here for under $10.

If you happen to be there at the right time, Acres of Clams is cheap as hell during happy hour. We've hit it a couple times coming off the boat, you can grab fish n' chips or fried clams and chips and a beer for $10 or less.

But yeah, otherwise the proper restaurant is a bit pricey.

And amazingly, I'm only just now hearing about Dick's. Gonna have to try that next time I'm near one.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Two words.

Serious.

Pie.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    sergeminatorsergeminator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

I... don't know if you can be on the CCST anymore.

Hahaha, Moe! why do you hate White Castle so much, the burgers are square, tiny and in regular sandwich bread, what is it not to love about that! Waldo knows better.

Another place that would be cool to have in Seattle would be a Cactus Club, if someone has been to Vancouver (Canada) you'll know what I'm talking about. God bless the waitress recruiter at that joint.:winky:

sergeminator on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On the 7th page and I didn't see one mention of Benihana.
    It is like 3 blocks down and 1 block South.

Good sushi, good food, good fun.

For people who don't know. Hibachi style cooking at the table.

080715benihana.jpg

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would pimp my friend's local with its free wifi, cheap beer, happy hours, cute college girls, and nonjudgmental attitude, but they are embroiled in a skirmish with an asshat local politician and I would feel bad about dragging PA into it.

BURN ---- BURN!

That said, i just discovered Twist in belltown and the overpriced food was delicious. Same goes for Bistro underneath Pike Place Market.

For anyone going to Revolution Bar and Grill at the Experience Music Project, those guys are the biggest bunch of tight asses in when it comes to their kitchens but rest assured that their food won't have you trying to hold in the mudbutt when you are camping out for the Murder, Sex, and Drugs panel.

RoyceSraphim on
This discussion has been closed.