As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Where exactlly on the arm does it have to be? I was wondering, because I had a idea on how to kill my targets, my badge would still be completely visable, and would not be hidden, or would I have to to remove it to do my "kill"er dance moves

Sir_Lag on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It needs to be above your right elbow and facing out from your body, not forward or back. I'll update the rules with that information tonight.

Up to 80 players!

MarsChelios on
  • LiberaltugboatLiberaltugboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am registered and ready to kill...

Liberaltugboat on
    edited August 2009
    It needs to be above your right elbow and facing out from your body, not forward or back. I'll update the rules with that information tonight.

Up to 80 players!

Would it be againt the ruels to attach velcro to it for easy removal from my arm?

Sir_Lag on
    edited August 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »

Up to 80 players!

Would it be againt the ruels to attach velcro to it for easy removal from my arm?

Nope. As long as it stays on in the right place and people can see it I'm good. I've already been thinking about this but this is a good reason to have different options next year so people with costumes have don't have to go the DIY route.

MarsChelios on
  • awitelintstaawitelintsta Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    HotSake wrote: »
    Alright, I got my kit and I'm all registered up! Is it just me, or are these armbands small? I had to let mine out most of the way to wear it comfortably, and I'm not exactly sporting "guns" as the kids say.

Yeah, they were not as large as I thought they would be for something designed to "fit most arms". I did find that I was trying to wear it too high up on my arm, moving it down made the fit a little less snug. If anyone finds that the fit is just too tight let me know and we'll find a way to make it work.

I received my packet this weekend and found this was indeed the case for me; I will not be able to use the armband as designed. I'll be investigating a few options in the meantime, though I might be able to safety-pin it or something onto my shirt sleeve if all else fails. (I might not end up lasting too long anyway, being an Omeganaut and fairly visible. :P)

awitelintsta on
    http://awitelintsta.gamerdna.com/
    Roleplayer, Pirate, and 2009 Omeganaut :D
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I got my packet!!! So awesome!!

And yes, being an Omeganaut kind of screws us on the whole ninja thing. lol

Ah well. It'll be fun to take bets on how many minutes we have after getting off stage the first round before a horde of assassins come to murder us.

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009

Up to 80 players!

Nope. As long as it stays on in the right place and people can see it I'm good. I've already been thinking about this but this is a good reason to have different options next year so people with costumes have don't have to go the DIY route.

PERFECT! Solid Snake and his oquward dance rutine live on! (I have my halloween costume from last year still which was a a very bad solid snake, so, totally going to ware it at pax, if only for a day)

Sir_Lag on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I plan on walking up, kill-tag in hand police-badge style, and shoot them with my finger-gun. "BANG!" or possibly "PEW" will also be involved somehow.
    if you do that, you have to say "you just got finger banged."

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So far, of my extra 4 kits, I've given one to Dufflehead and one to Fuzzirella. :)

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • duffleheaddufflehead Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm getting a kit from PunkJr

dufflehead on
    edited August 2009
    PunkJr wrote: »
    So far, of my extra 4 kits, I've given one to Dufflehead and one to Fuzzirella. :)
    dufflehead wrote: »
    I'm getting a kit from PunkJr

Duly noted! Thanks for making this years game more Assassiney... er, Assassinatey... killer.

MarsChelios on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It actually seems to fit more comfortably and naturally on my forearm, like a bracer.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    It actually seems to fit more comfortably and naturally on my forearm, like a bracer.

I was noticing that as well. Will "just below" be an acceptable substitution for "just above" the elbow?

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I was noticing that as well. Will "just below" be an acceptable substitution for "just above" the elbow?

I am also curious about this.

*goes and cries in corner because of abnormally large arms*

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

but forearms bend inward... which could hide the badge...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like wearing it like a bracer. It fits and I look at it like a watch and it always faces out, toward the world. Plus I can actually look at it by bringing my wrist up, which I can't really do with my upper arm. Seems very visible and okay to me.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You could just replace the strap with something else...such as a bandana, so that we all look like we're in gangs. Now we could change the name from "Assassins" to "Gang Bangers"

redhalo on
    edited August 2009
    As it's been mentioned, your forearm can twist more than your upper arm, which makes it difficult to predict how the badge will show doing all the activities PAX offers. It needs to be as visible as possible and in a defined area so people don't have to search alot for it.

Rules were updated last night for this. Let me know if you think anything needs clarification.

MarsChelios on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As it's been mentioned, your forearm can twist more than your upper arm, which makes it difficult to predict how the badge will show doing all the activities PAX offers. It needs to be as visible as possible and in a defined area so people don't have to search alot for it.

Rules were updated last night for this. Let me know if you think anything needs clarification.

Do you mean this tiny summary, or am I missing something? I don't see anything about how to wear the badge, and it mentions safe areas without listing them. That page also has some outdated info: the target tags don't have the original assassin's symbol, and don't snap off the main badges anymore.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2009

Do you mean this tiny summary, or am I missing something? I don't see anything about how to wear the badge, and it mentions safe areas without listing them. That page also has some outdated info: the target tags don't have the original assassin's symbol, and don't snap off the main badges anymore.

Nope, that's just general information about the game, though it does need to be updated. I mean the PDF version of the rules mentioned in the OP:
    Rules Up!
    Our rules are up! Go here to see them. We update them every now and then and will announce on the thread when we do. Your kit does NOT include a copy of the rules, so if you'd like one you'll need to print one yourself. Look it over and let us know if you have any questions.

MarsChelios on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, color me stupid!

edit: Sent you some minor corrections, but there's a bigger problem. You left out the instructions for registering a Primary Tier kill!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, color me stupid!

That's what you get for letting things like a career and the military get in the way of you coming to PAX. You miss these thing.

sum10fishy on
    edited August 2009
    Ok, not going as Solid Snake Anymore, my new costume will be much more "appropriate" for assassins

Sir_Lag on
    edited August 2009
    Minor update to the rules. Fixed some spelling, punctuation and grammar errors kindly pointed out by HotSake.

MarsChelios on
  • DorkaliciousDorkalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kinda last minutes but scoop20906 and myself would like to join in on the game :)

Dorkalicious on
    edited August 2009
    All are welcome! You've got 2 options. You can reserve some kits and pay now by going here or you can PM me and I'll let you know how to get in contact with me before the convention so you can pay for them then. Kits are $5.

MarsChelios on
    edited August 2009
    We're up to 84 players, but we have room for more! I'm getting an email ready about all the information you'll need. It'll include the link to rules and contact information and will go out tomorrow.

MarsChelios on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ... I still have not got my armbands yet. Has anyone else in Canada got their bands yet?

Brex123 on
    edited August 2009
    I haven't either, getting kind of worried

Sir_Lag on
    edited August 2009
    The Assassins 09 Information email just got sent out detailing how to contact me, pick up kits etc. Let me know if you have any questions or did not receive it.
    Brex123 wrote: »
    ... I still have not got my armbands yet. Has anyone else in Canada got their bands yet?

Only a few orders went to Canada and I haven't heard from anyone there who has received them yet, so give it a little more time. The email I just sent talks about what to do should your kits not arrive before you leave for PAX, so if that happens just get in touch with me.

MarsChelios on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I ordered a kit for The_Reflection on the 21st to give to him on the train, was that too late for it to be delivered?
    edit: Just got the e-mail, ignore me :P

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Assassins 09 Information email just got sent out detailing how to contact me, pick up kits etc. Let me know if you have any questions or did not receive it.

Only a few orders went to Canada and I haven't heard from anyone there who has received them yet, so give it a little more time. The email I just sent talks about what to do should your kits not arrive before you leave for PAX, so if that happens just get in touch with me.

Please god tell me you didn't try to send something titled "assassin's kit" through customs.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited August 2009
    Ok, I just got my 2, and they are both registered. I look forward to seeking out and kill each and every one of you...

Brex123 on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can have two?

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »

Please god tell me you didn't try to send something titled "assassin's kit" through customs.

No, for kicks I wrote "The recipient of this package is a Killer". :lol:
    Ok, I just got my 2, and they are both registered. I look forward to seeking out and kill each and every one of you...

Glad to hear you got yours, Brex.

MarsChelios on
    edited August 2009
    You can have two?

Both my dad and I signed up for this, but he doesn't go onto forums, so I just said that the 2 I ordered came in.

Brex123 on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Side note: Booty has been gotten.

You kill Waldo, and you get a copy of "Where's Waldo?" I picked up at Target, because I can't find my older copies of the books.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • asherrdasherrd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Say my target is red X.
    I find and kill blue X.
    I get my kill's KillTag which is red Y.

Can I no longer go after any Xs, and only Ys?

I think that is how it works, you only have one active KillTag at a time. Basically throw away your old KillTag when you get a kill. Just want to make sure.

Also, booty.
    SCAQn.jpg

asherrd on
    edited August 2009
    asherrd wrote: »
    Say my target is red X.
    I find and kill blue X.
    I get my kill's KillTag which is red Y.

Can I no longer go after any Xs, and only Ys?

I think that is how it works, you only have one active KillTag at a time. Basically throw away your old KillTag when you get a kill. Just want to make sure.

Also, booty.
    SCAQn.jpg

Everything you said is correct but for throwing the old KillTag away. You need the old KillTag and the Blue X players DeathCard to register the kill for scoring purposes. We've cut slots into the DeathCards this year so you can slide the KillTag into to keep them together until you get a chance to register it.

MarsChelios on
This discussion has been closed.