As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MISC] Pre-Pax Portland Party Pals! Portland, OR Pre-Pax get together

• Options
    mintyduckmintyduck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My husband and I might be able to make it! Either way, twitter is @mintyduck

mintyduck on
  • Options
    king3vboking3vbo Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I very well might swing by. Ground Kontrol is one of my most favorite places in Portland

king3vbo on
  • Options
    TrevortheGreatTrevortheGreat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    HEY GUYS!!!

SO, quick note. Tonight at Guardian Games, at 6pm (ie right now.), they are having their monthly beer and pizza night. $10 for beer pizza and games. 21+ only

Im going, and if anyone else wants to come, we can have a like a Pre Pre-Pax meetup.

That's funny. I was there that night. I was the fat kid singing at Rock Band and getting applause from all the lady-types.

TrevortheGreat on
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Any ideas on how we will tell eachother apart from the rest of the GK masses? It might be too dark in there to see everyone's aura of awesomeness.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Try and wear something PAX related?

Although, all I have is a button from PAX08 and thats pretty small.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    TrevortheGreatTrevortheGreat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've got it: We all show up in the nude.

TrevortheGreat on
  • Options
    BlackvigilBlackvigil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will most likely show up. Sounds like fun.

Blackvigil on
  • Options
    seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've got it: We all show up in the nude.

On that note I'm no longer coming...

HAHA, j/k. "wear something PAX related." Ok, that means I get to pick from one of eight t-shirts I picked up last year. Seriously. Why even bring fresh clothes to PAX? They practically throw them at you.

My buddies and I all have matching Razer hats (like the dorkiest gang ever). If you see a Razer hat, you'll know we've been to PAX. :)

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
  • Options
    OregonSlackerOregonSlacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Razer hats (drools) 2bad they weren't coming this year... I'll do my best to make it to groundKontrol, Just want to say hello and meet some people b4 PAX

-OregonSlacker
    Twitter - @OregonSlacker

OregonSlacker on
  • Options
    ScorpionMimicScorpionMimic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since our haul from PAX last year amounted to some posters and a crappy ITT bottle opener, I can safely say we don't have any t-shirts available for easy identification. I had another idea though, which you can take or leave:

We all have PAX badges now, right? Well, unless you're afraid of losing yours, how about wearing it tonight? We'll be doing so, which should make it easy to identify us...if for no other reason than we'll be the only ones wearing a PAX badge 1.5 weeks before the event. :-(

ScorpionMimic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well I don't have any PAX stuff as this is my first, I had not yet received my badges but maybe it will be in the mailbox today. Other than that I will be wearing a black T-Shirt with a blue pac man ghost on it that says "eat me" underneath it. There is another special feature on this shirt that will make it pretty hard to miss, but I will let you find that out on your own! ;-)

I may have a zip up TMNT shirt on over the top of that though, either way come say hi!

My real name is Mike.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wife and I are planning on being there as soon as she gets off work. I'll be the super secret MIB shirt so easy to spot (even though you can't see me LOL)

hope see some of you there.

Solelron on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Still wish I could go. Have to be to work at 10am the next day, otherwise I totally would. :(

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Still wish I could go. Have to be to work at 10am the next day, otherwise I totally would. :(

10AM? Cmon that's plenty of time! I have to be at work at 8AM and I am still going.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We frequent GK every Free Play night (even last month when it was so hot we were sweating bullets), stay until after closing, and we get up the next day at 6:00AM. If you've never been there, it is really an experience that's worth a little zombification the next day. The games are fun, the DJ's are (usually) top-notch, and the staff are all awesome and just as nerdy as the rest of us social rejects.

And this time we have the potential to fill the place up with PAXlandians (PAX and Portlandians, you see what I did there?) What more of a reason to go tonight do you need?

If I'm hard to spot, look for the guy walking around with both a Sparks can and my functional motor skills being quickly drained.

ScorpionMimic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah..my alarm goes off at 5:45 but I'm going for this! free games and fellow gamefans.I'm so there :) (free being relative of course)

Solelron on
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll most likely have my PAX badge somewhere on my person to be more easily identifiable as a fellow PAXlandian. That failing, I'm the tall, redhead chick.

Mogs on
  • Options
    AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm coming straight from work with no PAX gear, I will be rocking a Nintendo controller Gamer shirt though, hope to see you all there, let's make this epic

Atratyys on
    CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Party starts in an hour and a half

BE THERE NERDS!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    artrulzartrulz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PRE-PAX PORTLAND PARTY SUPER SECRET GIVEAWAY!

Hey PAXers who plan to attend tonite's party at GK, you might want to print the attached image, write in your PAX forums screenname*, and turn it in when you pay at the door!

I'll have the door person give you something cool in return, while supplies last! I just hope you wear it proudly at PAX!

See you tonite - I'll probably be around for a while, but I look forward to collecting the slips and seeing who showed up!

* screennames will not be used for any purpose beyond giving you something cool and knowing who came to the party!

http://groundkontrol.com/staff/prepaxportlandpartygiveaway.gif

artrulz on
    Will work for quarters.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    artrulz wrote: »
    PRE-PAX PORTLAND PARTY SUPER SECRET GIVEAWAY!

Hey PAXers who plan to attend tonite's party at GK, you might want to print the attached image, write in your PAX forums screenname*, and turn it in when you pay at the door!

I'll have the door person give you something cool in return, while supplies last! I just hope you wear it proudly at PAX!

See you tonite - I'll probably be around for a while, but I look forward to collecting the slips and seeing who showed up!

* screennames will not be used for any purpose beyond giving you something cool and knowing who came to the party!

http://groundkontrol.com/staff/prepaxportlandpartygiveaway.gif

Wow. It's not like you guys needed to do anything else to be the most awesome place to hang out in portland, but this just goes to show how insanely great the staff at GK is. Thanks!!

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Seriously. If I wasn't horribly addicted to this fine establishment as it is, this would certainly make me a regular.

Considering we're spontaneously encroaching on your maximum capacity, being accommodating is the most we could ask for.

This is...nice. It's gonna be like New Years all over again!

ScorpionMimic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    All us PAX'ers better be on our best behaviors, I don't want to hear about "the guy with the PAX badge throwing up behind the TMNT cabinet" I will personally choke you out with a Nintendo controller cable!

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    Yoda_1204Yoda_1204 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    WOW!!! this is awesome. This will be my first PAX event that i have ever went to. I will be at Ground Kontrol tonight after work.

This will also be my first and hopefully many, many more visits to Ground Kontrol.

Yoda_1204 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    son of a bitch

I dont own a printer.

Can someone please print me out one?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I would but I wont be there till prolly 7-8 ish.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    son of a bitch

I dont own a printer.

Can someone please print me out one?

I can print you one, but we won't be there til 7ish.

Mogs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    All us PAX'ers better be on our best behaviors, I don't want to hear about "the guy with the PAX badge throwing up behind the TMNT cabinet" I will personally choke you out with a Nintendo controller cable!

Make sure they are drunk first..we could test the legend of neil theory :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Solelron wrote: »

Make sure they are drunk first..we could test the legend of neil theory :)

Erm...but uhh...wouldn't they also have to be doing something else at the time too? I am not going near anyone doing that in public.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't make it :( I have to work tonight. I'm actually posting this from work. I have to watch Halloween 2 and The Final Destination 3D. I only have to because I'm trying to get in as many hours as I can before PAX so that I can pay rent after PAX.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    bschiebschie Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I'll be there with bells on. Ok I probably wont have bells on. I'll probably have oregon trail shirt on.

I'm planning on being there around 7 and lurking around the dig dug machine upstairs.

bschie on
  • Options
    ryan2180ryan2180 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    hellz yeah ill be there!

ryan2180 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If anyone else is here and reading this, I'm the dude downstairs in the pax train shirt. Come say Hello.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll be there most def.!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just got home as I do have the mornign alarm but had a nice chat with that trio going to PAX. glad to see a few PAX shirts and buttons on people..

See you all next weekend! (Pre-Pax Breakfast probably for me)

Solelron on
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ya, we had fun. I can't believe I haven't been to freeplay night before. Is it always that busy or was it heavily influenced by us? It was hard to tell who was from PA or not, although I did get to play against Reflection in some Soul Caliber II. Good times.

See you all at PAX.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awesome time had by all!! Look forward to seeing you all at PAX as well.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes last night was awesome. Met some cool PAX'ers and a group of us went to Shanghai Tunnels for some grub. If you weren't in that group of peeps you missed out! We tried running around Ground Kontrol before we headed over yelling out "PAX" but nobody else responded.

Oh and Reflection REALLY likes Gerard Butler...it's like an addiction.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes last night was awesome. Met some cool PAX'ers and a group of us went to Shanghai Tunnels for some grub. If you weren't in that group of peeps you missed out! We tried running around Ground Kontrol before we headed over yelling out "PAX" but nobody else responded.

Oh and Reflection REALLY likes Gerard Butler...it's like an addiction.

And Phantom of the Opera, can't forget that.

Atratyys on
    CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • Options
    artrulzartrulz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thanks to everyone who came out! I was hanging out until about 7:45 or so and met Ryan / The_Reflection. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet more of you.

Anyway, hope you all had fun and I'll see you around GK or PAX! Feel free to PM me if there's anything cool going on during PAX that you guys are getting into.

Also - consider coming to Ground Kontrol next Wednesday 9/2 to see Anamanaguchi! They're playing an all-ages set at 4pm and a 21+ set at 9pm. Pre-PAX Portland Party #2? Maybe!

Thanks again for supporting GK.

artrulz on
    Will work for quarters.
This discussion has been closed.