As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

• That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to hear that some of you won't be there, still <3 ya though.

Mrs. Spoony and I will be leaving round 3:45, hopefully be there before 4:30.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

4:30? That's now! But, will Spoony still be able to stand under his own power when I get there?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

4:30? That's now! But, will Spoony still be able to stand under his own power when I get there?

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. (I probably will be able to).

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. (I probably will be able to).

Mysteries like these course through the endless rivers of the universe. What if no one is there to witness Spoony? Will his standing or not be affected? :)

Also, I see you like Nomad's quote as well Spoony. Nice choice.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Definitely can't make it tonight. *argh*. Was hoping for one go round with you folks *PRIOR* to PAX.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If I have not personally heard that you're coming to celebrate/party on Saturday night, I'm going to assume you're not coming, and since I'm on a limited budget, I'm only obtaining booze for the people I know will be there. Just fyi. So if you show up unexpected, there will probably not be booze for you at my apartment. However you're more than welcome to come with to whatever bar we end up going to, which I do believe still will be the Broadway Bar/Grill :)

MeeOk on
    edited August 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    If I have not personally heard that you're coming to celebrate/party on Saturday night, I'm going to assume you're not coming, and since I'm on a limited budget, I'm only obtaining booze for the people I know will be there. Just fyi. So if you show up unexpected, there will probably not be booze for you at my apartment. However you're more than welcome to come with to whatever bar we end up going to, which I do believe still will be the Broadway Bar/Grill :)

Now Saturday night, I might be able to make *later on*.

Can you tweet where you end up going? We might end up heading out the BBG and just hanging for awhile...

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I am going to try and be there.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
    edited August 2009
    beta_angel: We should be going to http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-broadway-grill-seattle

Accalon: I look forward to seeing ya!

MeeOk on
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Soooo I'm landing in Seattle on the 1st Sep as well, at about 7pm local time. Guess it'll take my probably about an hour and a half, two hours to get from the airport to my hotel in Downtown and all settled in and stuff. Does that sound accurate? Anyhoo. I note some peeps are hitting this Umi Sake House that evening - presumably you'll all have eaten and moved on somewhere by the time I am ready for shenanigans? Is it even anywhere near the Crowne Plaza where I'm staying? Local knowledge will be appreciated.

I leave for the States on Friday, so I'll try my best to keep an eye on this thread but it might be easier to tweet me - @Frightfully. Fingers crossed I can manage to check that at least!

Yeah i think 1hr to get to hotel and set up would be enough unless you were going to be taking a shower or something.

I was thinking of meeting at 6:30-6:45. The hotel seems like its only 1 mile away so could walk or just get a quick taxi.

If you want just follow me @dromeganaut and i am sure we could work something out.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Was a darned fun evening at Kates tonight, as always! Was nice to see some CalX, I think his name was, and his wife again! Was fun meeting Freckle as well! All of the above should find their way to IRC at some point, me thinks :)

Hopefully we'll have a meet-up before PAX again, for more hanging out, and for those of you that haven't been able to make anything yet. If not, I'm sure we'll all meet at PAX :)

To that end, I've been thinking we should do a Seattle PAXers meet-up actually during PAX at some point. Maybe lunch Friday or Saturday? Lemme know if this idea is fail or win, though I might have to pawn off planning onto someone else.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    To that end, I've been thinking we should do a Seattle PAXers meet-up actually during PAX at some point. Maybe lunch Friday or Saturday? Lemme know if this idea is fail or win, though I might have to pawn off planning onto someone else.

I'm on the mind that trying to plan anything during PAX is fail. But I do agree we should have an after PAX meetup at Dick's? To commemorate previous Seattle PAXer after PAX meetups? Or something?

Also: how do people feel about a PAX07 dvd viewing (keynote & concerts for sure, all else negotiable) on Sunday evening say 8ish? This is meant to be a low-key affair that isn't quite a party, although people can bring pizza or byob if they'd like. Maybe a small potluck? We could possibly do it at my place.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    +1 for an AFTER PAX Seattle meet-up. We have to go to Wallingford Dick's again and take a big group shot. :)

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009
    beta_angel: We should be going to http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-broadway-grill-seattle

Accalon: I look forward to seeing ya!

Oh, I know where it is...been there many-a-time. I was just wondering if you're planning on tweeting it due to the possibility that people change their minds. ;)

Either way, I think my fiance and I will just head over to the Broadway, grab some grub and meet you all there.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lol no can do here

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Just a fair warning to you guys, I'm going to lock this thread either Monday night/Tuesday morning or next thursday to avoid a massive amount of random people posting in here to find people at pax. I'd like to close it before I leave, rather than after, so if there's nothing going on between Monday night and pax, I'll be doing it at that time.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Its okay, summer is almost over, time for the winter thread after PAX :-P

Azazel on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah ill throw up another after pax.

Ill also update the OP with events more often now that I wont be buried with pax stuff :P

BigRed on
    edited August 2009
    PAX really is the end of summer, even if summer does officially last another three weeks. Also, words like after and before really have no meaning anymore now that there is PAX East. After this PAX it will always be before and after PAX at the same time.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    PAX really is the end of summer, even if summer does officially last another three weeks. Also, words like after and before really have no meaning anymore now that there is PAX East. After this PAX it will always be before and after PAX at the same time.

...This is the kind of shit that puts tears in the fabric of time.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There is only one PAX. There may also be some form of PAX-Like gathering occurring in the Far Off East, but we do not factor it into our temporal calculations.

Houn on
    edited August 2009
    Haha, that's true! It's actually hard for me to grasp this, but it seems like 6 months isn't nearly enough time to plan for another PAX. ;)

I think our only events coming up now are MeeOk's thing on Saturday and then it's PAX week.

Let's also put a tentative hold on Wallingford Dick's meet-up on Tuesday 9/8 or Wednesday 9/9. No rest for you Seattlites!

Does anyone have any other events happening within the next week to add before we say farewell to our summer thread?

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Does anyone have any other events happening within the next week to add before we say farewell to our summer thread?

your mom

BigRed on
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

your mom

sick burn.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

your mom

LOL! OK, I had that one coming.

PS: There is also Drobro's Umi meet-up on the 1st.

eye-shuh on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Holy crap, threadsplosion!

Tajah I really want a PAX 07 viewing night!! That sounds awesome! Although, could it be the NEXT weekend after PAX? I have a feeling this weekend is going to be insane for a lot of people. But, if does end up being this weekend, I'll try to make it and bring yummy things!

MetaverseNomad on
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In b4 the lock.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
    edited August 2009
    Yay, 13 confirmed people for Saturday! You'll get to meet some of my non-forumer/irc friends who go to PAX too! Can't wait to see you guys

MeeOk on
    edited August 2009
    Accalon wrote: »
    In b4 the lock.
    Can this not get posted all over this thread this weekend?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How do you guys normally keep in touch during pax?

CalX on
  • CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Snickers wrote: »
    Was a darned fun evening at Kates tonight, as always! Was nice to see some CalX, I think his name was, and his wife again! Was fun meeting Freckle as well! All of the above should find their way to IRC at some point, me thinks :)

Hopefully we'll have a meet-up before PAX again, for more hanging out, and for those of you that haven't been able to make anything yet. If not, I'm sure we'll all meet at PAX :)

Not married. I dont even believe in marriage! Are we giving off a married vibe?

CalX on
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was hoping to make it last night, but clearly that didn't happen. It's not because you guys scared me off, or anything like that, though. :P Unfortunately, work is trying to kill me at this moment.

I'll probably be at Umi on the 1st, and will maybe be able to catch up with you all for the "later" stuff of MeeOk's birthday celebrations. (Do you like how non-committal I am being?) And of course, I would be up for a Post-PAX Wallingford Dick's meetup.

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    puyallup?
    also, i think. (like last year) we should do dicks the following Saturday of pax at 6pm. (plus that is the time he is working.... so it would be REALLY cool
    Haha, that's true! It's actually hard for me to grasp this, but it seems like 6 months isn't nearly enough time to plan for another PAX. ;)

I think our only events coming up now are MeeOk's thing on Saturday and then it's PAX week.

Let's also put a tentative hold on Wallingford Dick's meet-up on Tuesday 9/8 or Wednesday 9/9. No rest for you Seattlites!

s7arbuck on
    edited August 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    puyallup?
    also, i think. (like last year) we should do dicks the following Saturday of pax at 6pm. (plus that is the time he is working.... so it would be REALLY cool

S7arbuck, was it really your intention to only post what seems to be the second paragraph of an actual, whole post? Or am I missing something?

Also, PUYALLUP FAIR! IT'S BETTER WITH GAMERS! We should do this. Sat. the 19th? maybe??? :D

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    puyallup?

S7arbuck, was it really your intention to only post what seems to be the second paragraph of an actual, whole post? Or am I missing something?

Also, PUYALLUP FAIR! IT'S BETTER WITH GAMERS! We should do this. Sat. the 19th? maybe??? :D

Everything is better with gamers. A fair sounds like a great idea. It'll be good to meet up with everyone outside after PAX.

Funnel Cake!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited August 2009
    This weekend is Evergreen State Fair in Monroe...it's a....well, let's be honest. It's a mediocre time. However, I will most certainly be there for a little while.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited August 2009
    CalX wrote: »

DURING pax?

Uh....run into people in front of BYOC and yell across the expo hall? ;)

eye-shuh on
    edited August 2009

DURING pax?

YESSSS. Or you could all come by the Handheld lounge and hang out (with me) ! :mrgreen:

MetaverseNomad on
    edited August 2009
    *cough* So at my housewarming, around 18 people polished off 9.5 bottles of hard A over several hours. I'm going to be procuring a bottle of vodka and rum for things on Saturday. If you want MORE BOOZE than that before we head out, please contribute what you can. Even if it's only a half bottle or some such. MeeOk is broke and can't afford more than that. See you all soon!

MeeOk on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

DURING pax?

YESSSS. Or you could all come by the Handheld lounge and hang out (with me) ! :mrgreen:

i remember last year alex had bawls in byoc and i didn't have a pass.... soooo basically, i had to yell at him because it was too loud to hear his phone.

if NEEDED you could always (if you phone has an earphone port) but just one headphone in and hear when the ringer goes off

THE PUYALLUP!

i am going as is on sep. 16th (also on week days it is better)

sooo, you know. work around that.

I have FINALLY started doing more (like leave my house for just the sake of it) it has been one hell of a past 4 months. (FOUR FUCKING MONTHS!) so we should start doing more stuff soon!

s7arbuck on
This discussion has been closed.