As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] Pre-Pre-PAX Events in Vancouver BC:

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    All the good stuff happens in Seattle the day before PAX.
    Pre-PAX Dinner, Pub Crawl, 2nd day of the Magical Mystery Tour. Why would anybody wait until Friday to show up in Seattle?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• OgrebeefOgrebeef Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey I arrive Thursday morning... i was going to do the "Ride the Ducks" tour... I want to know more about these thursday things...

Ogrebeef on
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Laser Tagl great success. Sweaty times had by all.
    ^.^

ACC3SS on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    Who won putt putt?

My friend Jan had the lowest score...but we all did fairly terrible :P I think I was one behind him.

Laser tagl was awesome, my legs are going to be unhappy with me tomorrow. I won a slushie though for surviving the rampaging zombie horde. Good times.

tr0tsky on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OMGpewpewpew was funtimes. Pretty sure I bruised something near the end there, but I claim moral victory for surviving point blank for 2.~ minutes against two people in that vampire game.

de4dmeta1 on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So... sore...

It was awesome to see you guys again for the first time in about a year, and to the newbies, it was super fantastic to meet you.. I had a lot of fun.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    pewpew was awesome, not to mention the amazing shag carpet sand traps at the puttputt. I also garnered a frozen drink via my extreme vampirism skills.

Wormdundee on
  • refragrefrag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pewpew was excellent! I hurt so much today.

It was great to meet everyone for the first time. See you all at Jimz.

Oh and a huge thanks for the ride back to the SkyTrain. Saved me at least 30min.

refrag on
    edited August 2009
    So, what time exactly is this dinner thing going down at?

de4dmeta1 on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    de4dmeta1 wrote: »

4pm.

AbsintheMinded on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

4pm.

Yeah way to tell everyone last minute what time its going to be. The fact I had to text you is lame.

parabola on
    edited August 2009
    Ogrebeef wrote: »
    Hey I arrive Thursday morning... i was going to do the "Ride the Ducks" tour... I want to know more about these thursday things...

Check the Pre-PAX Events listed in this thread.

Those of us taking the Geekhound Bus down Thursday morning will also be meeting up for lunch in Seattle. We'll be setting those plans in stone (time/location) once we arrive. Basically the lunch will be about 20-30 mins after we arrive to give people time to check in and hit up the early registration desk first.
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Who won putt putt?

My friend Jan had the lowest score...but we all did fairly terrible :P I think I was one behind him.

Mini Putt was fun. I still question their course "PAR", seeing as first place in our game was 12 over. Worm was one behind Jan so he was the top forumer, tr0tsky was 3 back. The rest of us were decidedly farther back. I was 27 over par (damn you hole 10!).... and still wasn't in last place. lol.

I suspect on Abbotsford Raid night we will have an epic battle between Tr0tsky and Worm for forum supremacy.

Laser Tag was pretty sweet, though next time will have to try to break our record of septupling the other teams score. :winky:

AbsintheMinded on
    edited August 2009

4pm.

Yeah way to tell everyone last minute what time its going to be. The fact I had to text you is lame.
    BumbleRhi wrote: »
    What time were you thinking for the Pre-Pre-PAX dinner at Mongoli Grill?

That's a good question. I was just about to try to figure that out.

I was thinking 4pm ish. Any objections from the attendees?

It was posted further down in the thread.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited August 2009
    Someone 12 over par won? lol.

parabola on
    edited August 2009
    Bring your DS to dinner! :D

ACC3SS on
    edited August 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Bring your DS to dinner! :D

Of course... I never pass down the opportunity to pwn some noobs at Mario Kart.

parabola on
    edited August 2009
    Well, seeing as I only just got back now, won't be able to make it to dinner.[which is probably over by now]

I'll see about getting myself to the Games Night and FTW.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited August 2009
    Impromptu movie night ftw.

parabola on
    edited August 2009
    Impromptu movie night ftw.

Indeedy. One of the most entertaining movies I've seen, actually. :D

ACC3SS on
    edited August 2009
    Which movie?

Sumi on
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Which movie?

Inglourious Basterds

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2009
    A rather amazing movie I do have to say. Spaghetti western style combined with WWII war movie, genius.

Wormdundee on
    edited August 2009
    Lame. Yesterday was so boring I didn't even end up doing anything at all. (except playing starwars until I got a wrinkle :( )

That'll teach me to skip a pre-pax vancouver event.

Sumi on
    edited August 2009
    Lame. Yesterday was so boring I didn't even end up doing anything at all. (except playing starwars until I got a wrinkle :( )

That'll teach you indeed. Although I didn't know playing Star Wars could give you a wrinkle. So that's something.

Wormdundee on
    edited August 2009
    I'm still laughing at the Bear Jew... That was awesome. He needed more than one scene though.

parabola on
    edited August 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »

That'll teach you indeed. Although I didn't know playing Star Wars could give you a wrinkle. So that's something.

Yes, apparently for me everyday tasks require immense concentration and effort.

Sumi on
    edited August 2009
    NIGHT OF VIDEO GAMES UPDATE

If you would like to attend, please post in this thread indicating so. It is by no means mandatory, but it will make my life much easier. I'll be approaching Jim with our 'final' number on Thursday afternoon so that we can get the right amount of patties/weiners/buns.

That being said, lots of people dropped by last year at the last minute and it all still worked out. Come on down!

I still haven't heard anybody post a game they'd really like to play. He's got a pretty good collection, but I want to make sure he has enough copies for multiplayer. If there is a game you would absolutely MUST play (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii) then please bring it.

To Absinthe:
    Please update the OP with the event name. It's been the "Night of Video Games!" since page six! :P
    Also, X1Zero indicated that he would be attending in the other Canadian thread. He'll bring forum badges.

ACC3SS on
    edited August 2009
    It says this in the OP but I will be there with my +1 as usual. I want to watch things explode so as long as there are some Fps' I'm good to go.

Sumi on
  • degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ...finally getting around to the forums. As fun as going to all of those events, I believe that I can only go to the FTW :) So please add my name.

degreesplatinum on
    edited August 2009
    Yeah my name is in the OP, and I'm still going. I'm down for whatever. Maybe some Smash Bros Brawl :D

parabola on
  • ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

If you would like to attend, please post in this thread indicating so. It is by no means mandatory, but it will make my life much easier. I'll be approaching Jim with our 'final' number on Thursday afternoon so that we can get the right amount of patties/weiners/buns.

That being said, lots of people dropped by last year at the last minute and it all still worked out. Come on down!

I still haven't heard anybody post a game they'd really like to play. He's got a pretty good collection, but I want to make sure he has enough copies for multiplayer. If there is a game you would absolutely MUST play (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii) then please bring it.

To Absinthe:
    Please update the OP with the event name. It's been the "Night of Video Games!" since page six! :P
    Also, X1Zero indicated that he would be attending in the other Canadian thread. He'll bring forum badges.

I vill be there sportin' ma motorbike... count me in for sure...
    Too bad it doesn't start a couple hours earlier...
    I could just go there straight from work which is only about 10 minutes away. Otherwise, MR is another 20 mins away...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    I will continue going to everything, so yes, I am confirmed for NIGHT OF GAMING.

Wormdundee on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so question:

who is going to be eating wings so hot they need to sign a waiver?

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited August 2009
    SmallLady wrote: »
    so question:

We're getting Worm a plate of them, seeing as it'll be his birthday and all. :winky:

AbsintheMinded on
    edited August 2009
    SmallLady wrote: »
    so question:

They aren't even that hot. Although we've decided that if we eat them all night they might be.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2009
    In Seattle they have Wing Dome, home of the 7-alarm wing. That's right, wing. It's so hot, you have to buy them one at a time. Now that was hot.

Now back to your regularly scheduled events thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    In Seattle they have Wing Dome, home of the 7-alarm wing. That's right, wing. It's so hot, you have to buy them one at a time. Now that was hot.

Now back to your regularly scheduled events thread.

Moe, don't you have something better to do like lock joke threads? :P

DeusTrinitas on
    edited August 2009
    I finished early

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• X1ZeroX1Zero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

To Absinthe:
    Also, X1Zero indicated that he would be attending in the other Canadian thread.

I also had the OP updated as I have one person coming with me.
    So yes, myself and one other are attending and I am supposed to bring something important...but I just can't remember what that was :winky:

As for game suggestions:

X360: Call of Duty 4, CoD World at War, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead
    Wii: Sports (esp. Golf!), Mario Kart, Super Smash Bro, Mario Party

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
This discussion has been closed.