As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Graphic Violence Phalla - Day 9 - X-Men and City of San Fransisco Victorious!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Woo hooooo!

Thanks for running Faynor, was fun! Ironically enough, I was able to pay more attention after I died, but meh, oh well :?...

Also, great ending. Everyone's been making fun of cyclops all game, so fantastic way to end that :lol:.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    X-Men
    Cyclops: Delduwath (AKA HUMAN SERIAL KILLER)
    Cyclops - Vig
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to attack. This attack will kill the target player.
    In addition to your attack, you have a single-use perpetual guard. Any given round, in addition to declaring your attack target, you may send me a PM with the username of one target for the perpetual guard. You can only place one perpetual guard, one time, but it will last until either the target is attacked, or you are removed from the game. Once this ability is targeted on a player, the target cannot be changed. If the target is attacked, your attack action that round will negated; you will instead spend the round guarding the target. The guard will then expire. If the target dies by vote, this ability is considered expired.
    Win Condition: Remove all threats from San Fransisco.

Note: Cyclops managed to get his one time ability bus-drived onto LucasCraft on the first night, after Balefuego explicitly announced "Hey y'all, I got something planned, don't guard or seer me!" It disappointed me greatly.

Wolverine: Fencingsax
    Wolverine - Vig
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to attack. This attack will kill the target player.

Emma Frost: Desc
    Emma Frost - Seer/Self Guard
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to seer. Alternatively, you may choose to shift into Diamond Form for the round to be self-guarded against vigilante attacks. You will not be able to seer that night if you choose to do so, and may only guard yourself once every other round.

Rogue: Virral
    Rogue - Ability Steal
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target player whose ability you will Absorb (ie: Absorb Squashua). The target player will be unaffected. The next round, you will be given a one-time use of "Username" Ability to use on that round or store for use on any future round. You will not be told what the Ability of the target was, or even if the target had an ability. You may store as many "Username" Abilities as you want, but can only absorb one per round. You may target the same player multiple rounds to store up multiple uses of his ability.
    "Username" Ability: In addition to using your Power Absorb Ability, you may send me a PM with the username of one target player who will be hit with "Username" Ability. If the absorbed ability can be directed at other players (vigilante or seer), it will be directed at the specified target, otherwise (a guard or other) it will affect you or (a mason or villager) do nothing. In a single round, you may spend as many "Username" Abilities as you have absorbed against a single or different targets. Once a "Username" Ability is used, you no longer have it.

Nightcrawler: Kagnaros
    Nightcrawler - Guard
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to guard.

Jean Grey: Balefuego
    Jean Grey - Busdriver/Seer
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to either seer or busdriver. If choosing to busdriver, also select the target it will affect. You may only perform one action per night. Please be clear in your PM on which you are choosing to do.

Beast: Kime
    Beast - Tracker and Vig-Dodge
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me the username of a player to target. You will be informed whether the target used an ability that night, but not what ability or the goals of that player. Additionally, you will automatically dodge the very first vigilante attack directed at you. Once this second ability is used, it is expired and cannot be used again. Unless also killed that round, you will be informed of this ability's expiration on the round it expires.

Brotherhood
    Magneto: Garroad_ran
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to attack. This attack will kill the target player. This attack will transform into a seer if targeted on a potential ally.
    In addition to your attack, you have a single-use perpetual guard. Any given round, in addition to declaring your attack target, you may send me a PM with the username of one target for the perpetual guard. You can only place one perpetual guard, one time, but it will last until either the target is attacked, or you are removed from the game. Once this ability is targeted on a player, the target cannot be changed. If the target is attacked, your attack action that round will negated; you will instead spend the round guarding the target. The guard will then expire. If the target dies by vote, this ability is considered expired.
    Win Condition: Defeat the X-Men and conquer San Fransisco.

As another note, Magneto never used his one-time guard. He almost did the night Servo died, but decided against it.

Blob: Zandracon
    Blob - Sacrifice Guard
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to guard. If this guard is successfully expended, you will die. If no one attacks your target, you will remain alive.

Toad: iamtheaznman
    Abilities: On odd rounds, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to roleblock. They will not be able to use any abilities that night.

Sisterhood
    Madelyne Pryor: Servo
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to seer.

Lady Mastermind: Dunadan
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me the username of two players to target. Any action taken against one will befall the other, and vice versa. (Note: This functions as a busdriver. )

Lady Deathstrike: Geebs
    Abilities: On odd rounds, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to attack. This attack will kill the target player. This attack will transform into a seer if targeted on a potential ally.

Juggernaut and Tom Cassidy
    Juggernaut - Coutts
    Abilities: On even rounds, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to attack. This attack will kill the target player. This attack will transform into a seer if targeted on a potential ally. In addition to this, you have a passive single-use ability to survive a vigilante attack.

Black Tom Cassidy: Oaklore
    Abilities: On even rounds, you may send me a PM with the username of one target to roleblock. They will not be able to use any abilities that night.

Neutrals/Unalligned
    Mystique - SpectralSpork
    Abilities: Each round, you may send me a PM with the username of one target player (including yourself, Mystique) whose form you will shapeshift into. If you are seered that round, you will seer as that player. Your abilities will not be affected. If you do not send a PM, you will maintain the same form as the prior round. You start the game with the form of Mystique.
    Win Condition: Survive.

Predator X: MetroidZero
    Win Condition: Kill all mutants in the game.

Phoenix Force: Ariviva
    Abilities: Each round, you may search for a host by targeting three players. If any of the players are strong enough to be able to hold the awesome might of the Phoenix Force, you will be informed of it. You are vulnerable until you find a host. If you would like to inhabit a host you find, inform me of it. You will adopt the win condition of your host once you've found one, with the stipulation that you must survive until the end. You are permitted to switch hosts up to two times (ie: pick a host, then switch to a different one, then you're done.)
    Win Condition: Find a host and keep the host alive until victory.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited August 2009
    Alright, mechanics. The X-Men were obviously unmasoned.

As for the mafia, they started out in 3 mason groups that could function as a complete team. They had 2 ways to find eachother, that being the one seer they had (Madelyne Pryror) or any of their vigs, which would function as a seer if used on a potential ally.

I may be disagreed with, but I thought it would be stacking the deck if the entire mafia was together from the get-go. It was a little distressing to see that they never really hooked up at all, though. The game was probably a bit stacked in the village's favor, and that could have been remedied about making the X-Men's affiliation with the village a bit more vague. (Ala inPhallamous.)

As for the Phoenix Mechanic, if Jean Grey had been possessed, she would have been able to perform two actions a night. If Madelyne had, she would have received the ability to Vig, but would still be limited to one action.

I also made two huge mistakes, which I am hugely sorry for. Day 1, Balefuego should have died. I confused myself, and was like "Lalala roleblock gets busdrived." and didn't really think "Uh, Roleblocks come first." It was just an oversight.

Day 2, I made a second mistake with a roleblock and still allowed Bale to get his seer on. That was idiotic on my part, and I'm sorry for it. :(

As for some complaints about there being civilians (which I know some CFers in particular were disappointed about), I probably should have been more upfront about the vanilla-ness of this game. I thought, and Geebs did as well, that the first game in GV should be pretty vanilla so as not to confuse anyone on their first game and such. Frankly, I don't really regret the decision since a few people still got confused.

I know there was more, but I can't really think of anything right now!

Faynor on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sniktbubsniktsniktsniktbububsniktbubububsniktbub

Fencingsax on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm a little confused about the term busdriver. You used it a couple times in your post and said I got targeted by one, but I survived until the end so I guess I'm not certain what that really means.

Lucascraft on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    magneto's ability confuses me.
    This attack will kill the target player. This attack will transform into a seer if targeted on a potential ally.

did this mean the brotherhood started off not masoned?

edit: beatd. i withdraw my question.

psolms on
    edited August 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm a little confused about the term busdriver. You used it a couple times in your post and said I got targeted by one, but I survived until the end so I guess I'm not certain what that really means.

In the example, Bale selected himself and you. That means if someone tried to vigilante kill him, it would have instead killed you, and vice versa.

It's the reason why people got false positives on Bale being a Citizen. :P

Faynor on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That was an awesome game Faynor, thanks for running it!

As Rogue I was absorbing Servo's seer ability and using it to seer players for the network. I almost checked Geebs the first time I used Servo's power (i wasn't sure what it would do at the time), but Bale asked me to switch to OptimusZed instead... no idea why.

I suggested we killed Servo once I'd used his power to confirm Desc, because I could then farm Desc's seer power instead. We thought that if Servo and the Pheonix joined up it might be game over...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Faynor I think Arivia's Pheonix description is wrong, it's the same as Predator X's

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Good game, Faynor. Though you should have fired off my Death Ray.

Houn on
    edited August 2009
    OH, THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO MENTION.

So, whether or not you trusted Madelyne, I can't say. But the night Servo was roleblocked by Toad, Garroad was MIA because he was out for friends or whatever. However, he had a PM saying that Servo was a potential team mate, and that he was Madelyne Pryror. iamtheaznman assumed that Servo had dodged the kill because he was guarded or something.

I'm not sure how it would have ended up, but I think Coutts might have lived another day since Servo probably would have lied for him, and got off his two kills he had earned that night. (Speaking of, Wolverine gained an extra kill the day after Jean died, as did Juggernaut for Black Tom. That's why Wolverine had two kills that one day.)
    Virral wrote:
    Faynor I think Arivia's Pheonix description is wrong, it's the same as Predator X's

Sorry about that, fixed!

Faynor on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay guys, guess the gig is up. Did I play the 'innocent villager' role good enough? Actually, that was really fun, and to be honest I hadn't even thought of taking out Desc. Not once. Was going to kill OptimusZed the last round, but apparently you were only a villager? Anyways, awesome game.

Now tell me, I was totally on my own. Didn't make any contacts with anyone else in the game. How organized was the Brotherhood / villagers really?. Was it all a farce or were you guys seriously running a good game? Any infiltrators? For a long while I felt totally left out, only because as a neutral vig I was kinda on my own. Nonetheless, loved it.

The villagers earned it. Congrats!

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    edited August 2009
    Okay guys, guess the gig is up. Did I play the 'innocent villager' role good enough? Actually, that was really fun, and to be honest I hadn't even thought of taking out Desc. Not once. Was going to kill OptimusZed the last round, but apparently you were only a villager? Anyways, awesome game.

Now tell me, I was totally on my own. Didn't make any contacts with anyone else in the game. How organized was the Brotherhood / villagers really?. Was it all a farce or were you guys seriously running a good game? Any infiltrators? For a long while I felt totally left out, only because as a neutral vig I was kinda on my own. Nonetheless, loved it.

The villagers earned it. Congrats!

You weren't a neutral Vig, you were a serial killer! You're just supposed to tell everyone you're a neutral vig so they don't kill you! :P

Like I said, the mafia never really got off the ground. They stayed organized in their masons, and never managed to hook up.

All the Day 1 reveals ended up throwing it even more towards the village's favor I'd say, since they X-Men had someone to PM and hook them up. (The fact that Bale should have died and didn't definitely hurt the mafia though. The manged to get quite the little network going."

Another thing I thought was interesting. There was no "Madrox" in the game. I had been toying with throwing the mayor and two aides in as a mason, but then Squasha gave me the idea of just making two sets of two Madrox dupes. I think for at least a couple of days a few of you were convinced that Madrox Prime was going to come out of the woodwork.

Faynor on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It was a good game. Got a few ideas for my Marvel Phalla that I may put in GV in the next week or two. I just hate that I got killed so early. And I didn't get to reveal as the Dark Phoenix either. I'm so grudging you for that. j/k.

samurai6966 on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Faynor wrote: »

So, whether or not you trusted Madelyne, I can't say. But the night Servo was roleblocked by Toad, Garroad was MIA because he was out for friends or whatever. However, he had a PM saying that Servo was a potential team mate, and that he was Madelyne Pryror. iamtheaznman assumed that Servo had dodged the kill because he was guarded or something.

I'm not sure how it would have ended up, but I think Coutts might have lived another day since Servo probably would have lied for him, and got off his two kills he had earned that night. (Speaking of, Wolverine gained an extra kill the day after Jean died, as did Juggernaut for Black Tom. That's why Wolverine had two kills that one day.)

This. I think the game would have gone differently had this happened/Bale died day 1. Still though, us evils had some bad luck targeting ><.

iamtheaznman on
    edited August 2009
    It was a good game. Got a few ideas for my Marvel Phalla that I may put in GV in the next week or two. I just hate that I got killed so early. And I didn't get to reveal as the Dark Phoenix either. I'm so grudging you for that. j/k.

I would talk to Geebs as to how soon you're thinking about throwing this in here, because I don't think he wants to make it a "regular" thing so much as an "Every-once-in-a-while-thing".

Faynor on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I would talk to Geebs as to how soon you're thinking about throwing this in here, because I don't think he wants to make it a "regular" thing so much as an "Every-once-in-a-while-thing".

I'm still on making role PMs but I'll ask him. I can't find a picture of the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis from Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness though. Makes me a sad mutant.

samurai6966 on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Things also might have happaned differently if Arivia hadn't fallen asleep before sending her orders in on the first night, because I would have been possessed by the Phoenix on night 2 and who knows what crazy shit that would have caused.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heyo, so at least I was correctly able to deduce Lucascraft's villager status. If I hadn't, Robos would have made me kill you in cold blood, man.

So, on the first day, I picked a kill-target mostly randomly. I figured it would be a waste to not use my kill-shot every round (especially since I still had no idea how a phalla works then), so things like alliances and information gathering and whatever weren't even factors in my decision-making. On Day 2, I made contact with Bale, who became the network head; every kill I made thereafter was picked either by him or Robos (after Bale died). I deferred to their decisions because Bale had prior phalla experience, and Robos was very charismatic. Even though all-but-one of my kills were on villagers, I still think that they were the right moves to do. Unfortunately, we had very little info to go on for a good portion of the game, and grasped at straws/picked randomly. To all the brave villagers who laid down their lives in defense of our fair city: I am genuinely sorry.

That being said, I can't tell you how incredibly frustrating it is to be so god-damn ineffectual.

As for my wasting my single-use perma-guard, well. I must have read Bale's post saying not to guard him or whatever, but it certainly didn't register. I was in a rush that evening, and didn't re-read the thread or think too much about my moves, just made my choices really quickly. I figured Bale was in danger, so I threw the guard on him; "things will be interesting if he survives", I thought. Also, it had the benefit of removing one of my options - I know it's dumb, but as I said, this was my first phalla, and I didn't want choice-paralysis. I knew I wasn't going to make a terribly smart decision with the guard anyway, so I figured why not use it now.

I enjoyed this game (my uselessness/terrible luck notwithstanding), and would love to play in another one (and hopefully be more useful). Big thanks to Faynor for running this thing, to Bale and Robos for doing an awesome job organizing the network, and to all the other members of the network who made the wheels turn. Sorry I didn't deliver.

Delduwath on
    edited August 2009
    The one thing I can honestly say I was disappointed with in the game was Mystique. I'm sure Spork's going to charge on on his high horse and call me bad and the game bad, but I definitely thought there was room for him to play both sides and work as a spy for the opposite team in exchange for a reprieve. Kind of ruined by saying "Oh hey I'm Mystique don't kill me this game sucks peace i'm out."

If I had it to do over again, I probably would have let Mystique declare a side (I think I remember seeing this in the first Phalla I ever read, the Whedonverse one) and giving the player a contact, like Rogue or Magneto, afterwords. I don't know!

And Delduwath, I do not know what I would have done with you targetting LucasCraft, because my original plans with the perpetual guard was to write it as if the giver had happened upon the receiver and saved them. So, you would have caught yourself attacking LucasCraft and stopped yourself? :P

Faynor on
    edited August 2009
    A plot device! That's what I would have done.

You killed so many villagers, because you were a Skrull! And then the real Cyclops came, who you now were!

And then you would have kept on killing Villagers. :P

I'm just giving you shit, I'm glad you had fun and I don't think you did as bad as you think!

Faynor on
    edited August 2009
    "This man must die!... Wait, get a hold of yourself, Scott. He's just an innocent man. There are truer villains out there."

Delduwath on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

This. I think the game would have gone differently had this happened/Bale died day 1. Still though, us evils had some bad luck targeting ><.

Ouch, yeah, if Bale dies day one the good network never gets off the ground and we're in a whole different ballgame. We still made some bad decisions later on and my being inactive that one day was just awful timing (the one time I attacked someone of consequence, and I wasn't able to log in to the PA forums to see my pms).

The evil team was just bad on all accounts though. As soon as the good network divulged they had the goods on Oaklore I wish he'd come out and tried to network us.

EDIT: Kagnaros was Nightcrawler. I don't have to eat my own hat.

garroad_ran on
    edited August 2009
    I think we all knew I had exhausted any sort of creative ability to craft situations where the X-Men slayed villagers by like Day 3. Having Wolverine fall on TheLawinator's throat was just silly!

Faynor on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Darn, I was wrong.

Poo.

Shamus on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Actually, come to think of it, I think he DID try to network us, but my day of inactivity hurt us again. He asked us to name magneto's kill and because I wasn't around to make that kill my team couldn't call it.

That'll teach me to have friends :(

garroad_ran on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The one thing I can honestly say I was disappointed with in the game was Mystique. I'm sure Spork's going to charge on on his high horse and call me bad and the game bad, but I definitely thought there was room for him to play both sides and work as a spy for the opposite team in exchange for a reprieve. Kind of ruined by saying "Oh hey I'm Mystique don't kill me this game sucks peace i'm out."

If I had it to do over again, I probably would have let Mystique declare a side (I think I remember seeing this in the first Phalla I ever read, the Whedonverse one) and giving the player a contact, like Rogue or Magneto, afterwords. I don't know!

And Delduwath, I do not know what I would have done with you targetting LucasCraft, because my original plans with the perpetual guard was to write it as if the giver had happened upon the receiver and saved them. So, you would have caught yourself attacking LucasCraft and stopped yourself? :P

The problem with that Faynor is that getting caught when playing both sides gets you killed. If your mission is to survive your best bet is to just hope nobody targets you. Since you have no ability of consequence you can't really do anything to stay alive as you are useless to either side. So the best bet to survive it to be as useless as possible. I think a good idea would have been having Mystique seer as good to good people and evil to evil people, and to have her win condition be like "Name all the mutants who are alive" or some other self serving role.

iamtheaznman on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mein gott! X-Men take the win.

Definitely a fun time was had by me, even though I was a bit out of the loop, being new and all. Glad I was able to contact Bael before he was gibbed so I could at least use my power once for the good of the team.

Good game all!

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Actually, Cyclops using his block means Day 1 worked out perfectly. Toad uses Roleblock on Jean. Jean's Busdriver fails. Cyclops then lands his block on Jean and NOT Lucascraft, thus saving Jean from being vigged.

Edit: Waitaminute, does that mean Citizen-Killer-Cyclops basically won the whole damn game on Day 1 because he ignored Bale's advice? I think it does.

Ho-leee shit. Good game, Cyclops.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    Actually, Cyclops using his block means Day 1 worked out perfectly. Toad uses Roleblock on Jean. Jean's Busdriver fails. Cyclops then lands his block on Jean and NOT Lucascraft, thus saving Jean from being vigged.

Edit: Waitaminute, does that mean Citizen-Killer-Cyclops basically won the whole damn game on Day 1 because he ignored Bale's advice? I think it does.

D:

psolms on
  • LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh boy. The Juggernaut killed me. ;_;

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay village! Thanks very much for running this, Faynor.

Wildcat on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This was pretty fun. Thanks for running Faynor.

Just out of curiousity, what would have happened if someone had merged with the Phoenix?

Robos A Go Go on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Terrible village is terrible.

Also, vanillagers? In X-Men? Terrible.

What's with all this unmasoned mafia nonsense these days, anyways?

SpectralSpork on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    too many double roles IMO, stick with 1 power per person if you are going to have vanillagers. esp if you only give the mafia 2 kills a night in a 50 person game and those 2 kills are tied to 3 people who can easily be killed. oh and then you make the mafia unmasoned.....

Dunadan019 on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I was terrible this game. Thanks anyway, Faynor, it was fun!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't really comment because I got offed early, but I enjoyed the game on a whole. I think starting the mafia in separate groups hurt them. Maybe not as much as inactivity, but it still put them behind the eight ball.

I need to read the roles a bit more closely, but I also think there may have been too few mafia overall. Especially with the kills being distributed out. But again, I could be wrong, I've only just skimmed the post-mortem.

Julius Caezure on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, splitting the mafia up and not masoning the even/odd day vigs hurt a bit.

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2009
    Ringo wrote: »

Not entirely sure I follow. Are you discussing how things might have gone if Faynor didn't get confused on Day 1, and carried out instructions in whatever the correct order is?

I mean, I'll take all the credit I can get - lord knows I need it - but I just wanted to be clear on what I was taking credit for.

Delduwath on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't really comment because I got offed early, but I enjoyed the game on a whole. I think starting the mafia in separate groups hurt them. Maybe not as much as inactivity, but it still put them behind the eight ball.

I need to read the roles a bit more closely, but I also think there may have been too few mafia overall. Especially with the kills being distributed out. But again, I could be wrong, I've only just skimmed the post-mortem.

too few mafia and too few mafia kills.

the mafia were sitting at 8 players or 13.3% of the population with 2 kills each night that could be lost if people died (which they did...). 2 kills a night is standard for a 30 person mini with a fully masoned mafia...

Dunadan019 on