As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Graphic Violence Phalla - Day 9 - X-Men and City of San Fransisco Victorious!

1282930313234»

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also a first time mafia player here. I had fun, so thanks for running this Faynor.

When I seered Bale and got the result "Citizen of San Francisco," I was so baffled. I ended up seering Robos on the third night, got that he was a madrox dupe, and contacted him via PM. After that I was mostly just getting the X-men's seer targets from Robos.

If I had seered Arivia, would my brain have just exploded from trying to use telepathy on the phoenix force?

desc on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Originally, I had each Mafia having their own Vig. This being my first phalla, I ended up wanting someone to take a look at it and that person, Squasha, said it looked like there were too many mafia kills so I trusted his judgement and made them even/odd. I kind of regret making so few kills because I think it made the game drag on just a tad. Definitely should have given Deathstrike and Juggernaut every-days.

I also had to work under the assumption that the Phoenix Force might posses Servo, which would have given them another Vigilante.

If anyone seered the Phoenix Force, I think I decided it would just say something along the lines of "Your seer revealed that your target, Arivia, is too powerful to be explored with telepathy."

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited August 2009
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Actually, Cyclops using his block means Day 1 worked out perfectly. Toad uses Roleblock on Jean. Jean's Busdriver fails. Cyclops then lands his block on Jean and NOT Lucascraft, thus saving Jean from being vigged.

Edit: Waitaminute, does that mean Citizen-Killer-Cyclops basically won the whole damn game on Day 1 because he ignored Bale's advice? I think it does.

Ho-leee shit. Good game, Cyclops.

Not entirely sure I follow. Are you discussing how things might have gone if Faynor didn't get confused on Day 1, and carried out instructions in whatever the correct order is?

I mean, I'll take all the credit I can get - lord knows I need it - but I just wanted to be clear on what I was taking credit for.

Hm. Wow. So, even though I got super confused Day 1, the results were right?

Ringo's saying that Toad roleblocks you, Jean's bus driver deflecting fails, then Cyclops places the guard, then mafia try to kill you, and you guard her. So, technically, the only thing that went wrong Day 1 was that Cyclops still got a kill, but that was sort of made up for because Fencingsax abstained.

I'm really just defending my own mistakes here. :P I know I screwed it up.

Faynor on
    edited August 2009
    This was pretty fun. Thanks for running Faynor.

Just out of curiousity, what would have happened if someone had merged with the Phoenix?
    Faynor wrote:
    As for the Phoenix Mechanic, if Jean Grey had been possessed, she would have been able to perform two actions a night. If Madelyne had, she would have received the ability to Vig, but would still be limited to one action.

Faynor on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There has been a lot of unmasoned mafia lately. I've been evil with surprising regularity over the past two months and only once have I been a member of a fully-masoned mafia. I've gotta say I'm not particularly digging it.

Still, I did enjoy playing the game. Thanks for hosting, Faynor, and thanks for being so gracious despite all the inactivity.

garroad_ran on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    I'll likely be running a really simple Secret Invasion phalla soon. Probably going to limit it to about 25-30 people, I'll figure it out when I get closer to running it.

DJ Eebs on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm still relatively new to this phalla thing, considering the X-Men phalla was my first ever. But I was thinking some sort of a Civil War themed phalla would be cool. Maybe have 3 factions: the Cap faction, the Stark faction, and the "Villains who profit from the War" faction. Or something.

Secret Invasion would be cool too.

Lucascraft on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, no worries, Faynor, it was a lot of fun.

Fencingsax on
    edited August 2009
    I would sign up for Secret Invasion or Civil War mafias so fast it would create a sonic boom.

desc on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    The Secret Invasion thing would be a bunch of people trapped in a building with Skrulls. Something like SI: Frontline. And I've got the basic idea for an Arkham Asylum game ready, along with a lot of work done on a Civil War: Aftermath game that's entirely too complex, really.

DJ Eebs on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will wait ... patiently

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    edited August 2009
    Actually, that was really fun, and to be honest I hadn't even thought of taking out Desc. Not once.

Admit it: I was too hot and blonde to die.

desc on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I know that samurai<numbers> has a Marvel-themed game in the works too.

Wildcat on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And I've got the basic idea for an Arkham Asylum game ready

You are: A GIBBERING LUNATIC

0jcs5ahs_400x300.jpg

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    More comics based Phallas?

I think I found my new home.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    /hi5 Good Network! Especially Robos for coordinating us.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fuck you Cyclops, I lived until the last day, but nooooo

Delmain on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Good work village. Kudos to the networking powers that be. That was pretty awesome.

Especially since the other Phalla I'm in right now has approximately 2 whole villagers left at this point and the bad guys are running out of targets.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited August 2009
    I will say, if I ever do one of these again (which I'm unsure of!), I don't think I will make the mafia unmasoned in the least. That turned out to to be a pretty big obstacle for them.

The idea of trying to balance the crazy conversion factor in a House of M game has been churning in my head for a while, though. :P

Faynor on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow. So CF has a marvel phalla main in waiting, I got mine, Faynor has House of M in her head, Geebs has Secret Invasion and/or Civil War. And of course this game! Lota love for Marvel. I have always thought that it was a good universe for any story/game/RPG (I would love to see a Marvel d20 game. But thats for a different thread. :P)

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    her?

just because I have an appreciation for Tina Fey's genius and choose to express this in avatar form

does not a female make

Faynor on
    edited August 2009
    But your point stands! DC sucks.

Faynor on
    edited August 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    her?

just because I have an appreciation for Tina Fey's genius and choose to express this in avatar form

does not a female make

Very sorry. But how am I suppose to know? Ive never meet you in RL.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2009
    But your point stands! DC sucks.

Here how I see it. DC heroes are tanks with ion shield and proton cannons that are fighting American civil war foot soldiers. They have boring stories and unbelievable problems that normal people can't relate to. (Joker not included as I find that him and I are similar. J/k)

Marvel Heroes are paper dolls with toothpicks for weapons and they are fighting stone statues. They are normally people with bills to pay, girlfriend(s)/boyfriend(s) relationship problems, trying to find a balance between who they are and what they are. I can relate more to Marvel characters as people vs. DC characters. (Smallville's first few seasons I thought were more "down to earth" as far as superpower heroes can be, but the last few go back to the DC overpowered, unrealistic world.)

samurai6966 on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You are fooling yourself if you think Marvel has weaker dudes than DC.

Sentry, Hulk, Red Hulk, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Black Bolt, Magneto, and Thor are all examples of characters who are every bit as powerful as people in DC.

And if you are reading DC stories in which they are fighting regular, run of the mill humans, you are reading the wrong books, because I can't think of a single DC book I've read -- ever -- where the top powers are fighting street level dudes. It just doesn't happen.

Lucascraft on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I consider Batman on the top level.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Batman's the Squirrel Girl of DC

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey I survived.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey I survived.

You were seventh on my to-kill list, once I assumed control of the game.

Curse you all!

Shamus on
    edited August 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    Batman's the Squirrel Girl of DC

This is the truest statement ever written.

desc on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Good stuff, Robos, carrying on the network!

Behind the scenes mechanics here, if any of you are interested in the director's cut:

http://secretphalla07.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=xboard

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited August 2009
    Hey Faynor what was up with Houn's death ray? Were you just screwing with us or was there an actual effect going to take place had me and Magneto not done him in?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    edited August 2009
    That was Houn screwing with you.

I made that fake clarification saying it was real, and said I was just kidding like ten minutes later!

Faynor on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I was getting bored as a villager outside the network, so I took it upon myself to spice things up. Made things more entertaining; for me, anyway. :lol:

Houn on
    edited August 2009
    That was Houn screwing with you.

I made that fake clarification saying it was real, and said I was just kidding like ten minutes later!

I missed the recanted clarification. Anyways, fuck death rays.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Yeah, I was getting bored as a villager outside the network, so I took it upon myself to spice things up. Made things more entertaining; for me, anyway. :lol:

Exactly. You either sit there and try not to die, or you decide that you're an unstable Vietnam vet who thinks he's Henry Peter Gyrich.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    I also had to work under the assumption that the Phoenix Force might posses Servo, which would have given them another Vigilante.

If anyone seered the Phoenix Force, I think I decided it would just say something along the lines of "Your seer revealed that your target, Arivia, is too powerful to be explored with telepathy."

i was totally unsure how i would convince the phoenix force to actually align with me even if i found out who it was.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Threaten to ban them if they didn't?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG