As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency!!! Attention paxers in Cali!

TheOnlyVenomTheOnlyVenom Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
Hi my name is Jesse, and I am in quite a perdicament. I have been to every pax since the first one. So this year seems like it wouldn't have been a problem, right? WRONG! I basically had 4 people set and planned to go with me for about 6 months now, and they have all officially bailed on me. So I am looking for 3 or 4 people (however many we can fit in a car) to go with me to pax and have a great time. I myself have a three-day pass, and I could probably get 2 other three-day passes from the people who aren't going. I have a room booked at the hyatt which is literally across the street from the convention center. I plan on leaving on Thursday night to get there Friday morn and stay until Sunday. Cost will prob be about 120 a person for gas, hotel expenses, and rental car. We can work out details, I just need people to go with because that's a long and boring drive to do by yourself. A little about me, I'm 22 years old, male, and recently engadged to my beautiful fiancé, so no flirting with me haha. But seriously, I'm your typical Californian, laid back, love to joke and laugh ect ect. Why do I feel like I'm putting up a personal on craigslist? Anyone interested? Email me at theonlyvenom@gmail.Com or call me at 925-818-8789. Or post or whatever. Thanks!

TheOnlyVenom on

• Options
    OregonSlackerOregonSlacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    3 Things I'd do in your situation if no-one replies in time for your planning..

1.) I'd get your friends badges, sell them in the need tickets thread (giving em half if your nice) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=95428

2.) Then go to the Hotel section and Either Cancel your reservation & find a good group thats already got a hotel, or advertise for your Hotel Roomies there..
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85751

3.) Then take the West Coast Bound Train, http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=98794

Save yourself driving and you get to drink with fellow gamers ;)

OregonSlacker on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    3 Things I'd do in your situation if no-one replies in time for your planning..

1.) I'd get your friends badges, sell them in the need tickets thread (giving em half if your nice) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=95428

2.) Then go to the Hotel section and Either Cancel your reservation & find a good group thats already got a hotel, or advertise for your Hotel Roomies there..
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85751

3.) Then take the West Coast Bound Train, http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=98794

Save yourself driving and you get to drink with fellow gamers ;)
    Yes, what he said

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for advice, I might just have to go with those options

I was just looking at the links, and prices for train tickets are pretty steep. A one way ticket is the same price as gas would be for the whole trip for 4 people. Damn trains!

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes, but then again the train has this over a drive:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=98794

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Train tickets are expensive now because we're less than a week out. Had you bought a ticket a few months ago it would have been half that much, which really sucks for you because of your situation. We'd love to have you on the PAXtrain, though.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    frobearfrobear Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for advice, I might just have to go with those options

I was just looking at the links, and prices for train tickets are pretty steep. A one way ticket is the same price as gas would be for the whole trip for 4 people. Damn trains!

Also keep in mind that parking costs extra. Looks like the Hyatt will charge $22 for "self-parking", but isn't clear whether that's per day or what. Factor that into your calculations.

WCTTFTW

frobear on
  • Options
    starlitestarlite Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I agree. Don't rent a car, don't pay $25 a day to park at the hotel, save on gas and chill with the train people. Driving overnight sucks. Assuming you live in LA, you could fly Southwest for $69 one way on Thursday and take the train back on Monday for $98. If you live closer, it should be cheaper.

starlite on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'd really love to take the train, because that looks like a helluva good time and I could really afford to meet some good people, but iv got lots of real bad luck lately. I just got laid off from my job as a roadside locksmith, so I'm on very limited funds and spliting a car trip is the cheapest, and only way I can really afford to go. I might just have to hitchike up there. Sit on the road with my thumb out. Would you pick me up?
    I'd really love to take the train, because that looks like a helluva good time and I could really afford to meet some good people, but iv got lots of real bad luck lately. I just got laid off from my job as a roadside locksmith, so I'm on very limited funds and spliting a car trip is the cheapest, and only way I can really afford to go. I might just have to hitchike up there. Sit on the road with my thumb out. Iv have gotten pm's with advice too. Thanks a lot to everyone for helping out! Now if everyone wanted to donate a dollar each for a train ticket.......only kidding! Really though, thank you for all the suggestions.

Sorry about the double text, won't let me edit it for some odd reason.

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Options
    UpthornUpthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Uh... what dates are your hotel reservations? I already have tickets for PAX Train, but if I could pay you $120 - $160 to stay in your room at the Hyatt, that'd be much preferable to my current rooming arrangement.

Upthorn on
  • Options
    nikasaurnikasaur Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sent this out to a few friends who might want to take advantage of the offer. Mainly, people who aren't going this year and I'm still SO MAD AT for not going.
    Seriously. Letting me down.

nikasaur on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just got laid off from my job as a roadside locksmith, so I'm on very limited funds and spliting a car trip is the cheapest, and only way I can really afford to go.

Okay, here's the plan. Steal a car on friday, drive it up, ditch it. Pretty much everything while you're in seattle is within walking distance. Sunday night, steal another car drive it home, light it on fire, and throw it off a cliff. Since you can already get into cars, all you need to know is how to hotwire them and you're good to go. Maybe try google.

Problem solved.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    I just got laid off from my job as a roadside locksmith, so I'm on very limited funds and spliting a car trip is the cheapest, and only way I can really afford to go.

Okay, here's the plan. Steal a car on friday, drive it up, ditch it. Pretty much everything while you're in seattle is within walking distance. Sunday night, steal another car drive it home, light it on fire, and throw it off a cliff. Since you can already get into cars, all you need to know is how to hotwire them and you're good to go. Maybe try google.

Problem solved.

awesome. If only it were that easy

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Options
    tehshadowtehshadow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »

Problem solved.

awesome. If only it were that easy

Especially if people googled it trying to find a news article about a faming car off going a cliff.
    It could lead back here and then your in trouble... but what are the chances go for it lol.

tehshadow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Looks like iv got it all figured out. Thanks guys for the help!

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yay! Glad to hear it all worked out.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
This discussion has been closed.