As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Puppetry!

SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy.Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
After the astounding popularity of the Fallout 3 puppets handed out during last years PAX (see video below for reference), I was just wondering who else intended to bring these magnificent works of craftsmanship and beauty to PAX this year, so the many entertainers can bask in the glory of these beautiful creatures.
In lieu of a DS, I was going to bring my puppet to wave around during the concerts and the Omegathon finals. If I have any puppet-wearing brothers or sisters out there, let me know what you're doing during PAX, so we can astonish this convention with our puppety goodness.

This happened at last years PAX, and, while unplanned, proved to be a huge success.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IvetnN_Zt4

Wx8ay.png
SpawnOfCthulhu on

• Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There was a thread about this earlier in the year. I believe the general consensus was that:
    A. What made last year's "puppet show" so special was it's spontaneity and trying to force that again this year probably wouldn't be as fun.
    B. While no one will frown upon the return of the Vaultboy puppets it would probably be best to let this year's memes grow organically.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i will punch anyone with a pax08 puppet in the face, since i dind't get one last year.

note: i won't punch them really. just some of be upset and whiny and be all depressed later

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The best spontaneous performances are always spontaneous. ;)

Bring your puppet, but don't expect an epic puppet dance like last year. Something different, brilliant and entirely unplanned will happen.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    The best spontaneous performances are always spontaneous. ;)

Bring your puppet, but don't expect an epic puppet dance like last year. Something different, brilliant and entirely unplanned will happen.

Indeed, although I'm trying to remember if an epic, spontaneous event happened in '07.

'06 of course saw the birth of Ball.

'08 had the Pip-Boy dance ensemble.

What did '07 have and what will '09 bring?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    '07 was cardboard number signs

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    '07 was cardboard number signs

Ah yes, I had blocked the nVidia contest out of my mind.

Although that seemed like work, with people making spreadsheets and DBs tracking all the numbers.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.