As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is....Is it safe? New Comics for 8-26-09

2»

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I haven't read Runaways since this godawfulness:

klara.jpg

Has it gotten better since Immonen took over?

No! The Runaways we knew and loved is deaaaadddddd...

Robos A Go Go on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    munch you are reading the wrong Deadpool ongoing

Sir, I assure you that the one starring Deadpool attempting to overtake a beach resort in a tugboat is, in fact, the right one.

Munch on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JUN090324 KING CITY #1 $2.99

DouglasDanger on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    munch you are reading the wrong Deadpool ongoing

Sir, I assure you that the one starring Deadpool attempting to overtake a beach resort in a tugboat is, in fact, the right one.

nope because Daniel Way

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited August 2009
    nope because Daniel Way

Dude, I'm right there with you. I hated Way's Ghost Rider, Bullseye, and Wolverine.

But the guy writes a good Deadpool, and Dark Wolverine, which I understand he's plotting while Marjorie Liu does dialogue, has been good. Of course, the preview for the next issue of Deadpool looks like he's trying his hand at drama, and fumbling pretty badly.

I really think his niche is writing light, funny action comics.

Munch on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I didn't think Way's Ghost Rider was bad up to his last story arc, but the last story arc sadly was so terrible it pretty much negated the (IMO) good stuff previous to it. And I'm honestly surprised you don't like his Bullseye stuff as I think both Bullseye's Greatest Hits and Punisher vs. Bullseye are very entertaining. But his Wolverine stuff was pretty mediocre, save an OK House of M crossover.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited August 2009
    In Greatest Hits, Bullseye kills a man by spitting a tooth into his forehead. That's all I need to say about that.

The only thing I recall enjoying about that mini was seeing Bullseye as a minor league baseball player. I liked the idea that Bullseye tried to use his abilities in a lawful manner before his sociopathic personality ultimately led him astray.

I'm really a sucker for stories told from the perspective of the villain, but Bullseye just didn't do it for me.

Missed the mark, as it were.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Munch on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    it is time to retire Munch

Rans on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I didn't think Way's Ghost Rider was bad up to his last story arc, but the last story arc sadly was so terrible it pretty much negated the (IMO) good stuff previous to it. And I'm honestly surprised you don't like his Bullseye stuff as I think both Bullseye's Greatest Hits and Punisher vs. Bullseye are very entertaining. But his Wolverine stuff was pretty mediocre, save an OK House of M crossover.

The last story arc set up all the ridiculous shit Aaron did so

Fuck you

Me Too! on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, I didn't say Aaron hasn't done fantastic stuff with the concept, it's just that it was terribly boring and poorly written. And I wasn't even mad about the "shocking" revelation, I just wasn't entertained by it at all.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!