As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits for June 2007

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Um, no. Misty and Iron Fist have a thing. Humbug...I dunno, he's gonna strike out with the girls on the team. Tarantula's got her eyes on Shang Chi, Misty's taken, and Black Cat and Colleen seem pretty uninterested.
    Yeah, I meant Colleen. Cat had been very harsh on him from the word go, but Colleen, until recently, had been fairly quick to defend him when anyone else bitched about him.

Wildcat on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    True enough, I'm just not sure it'd work out. And, anyway, it's a little annoying when everyone on the team pairs up. I mean, it'd be nice if Humbug got a girl, but it doesn't have to be someone in H4H.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited March 2007
    True. Still, we'll see if he gets more respect once he gets his powers [FONT=&quot]ü[/FONT]bered.

Wildcat on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Actually went all the way to Marvel's site thanks to a post at Newsarama. Take a look at the covers for the three main Spider-Man books in June.

Is it bad that I can't tell which cover is for which book? I'm starting to wonder if I should get Sensasational along with Amazing and Friendly Neighborhood...

The order there is Amazing, Friendly, Sensational. I wasn't sure about the last one until I remembered Angel Medina is off the book as of this month. Friendly Neighborhood is easy to spot because, IMO, Spidey is always drawn like shit.

I just added Sensational to my list last month, since I enjoy some of the other books that used to be under the Knights imprint.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    Friendly Neighborhood is easy to spot because, IMO, Spidey is always drawn like shit.

Did.. did you just diss Todd Nauck?

Oh it is on like King Kong playin' ping pong with Donkey Kong motherfucker.

Munch on
    edited March 2007
    Well, I have to admit I'm not that fond of the art in FNS either. That cover where Spidey's jumping over Sandman's arm while fake Uncle Ben is getting buried is pretty ugly.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Iroh wrote: »
    Friendly Neighborhood is easy to spot because, IMO, Spidey is always drawn like shit.

Did.. did you just diss Todd Nauck?

Oh it is on like King Kong playin' ping pong with Donkey Kong motherfucker.

The covers are the part I'm referring to, not the interiors.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    Full solicits are up, guys: http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/June07/solicitations.html.

Lots of good stuff. The Marvel Adventures books look pretty sweet.
    MARVEL ADVENTURES THE AVENGERS #14
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Pencils and Cover by LEONARD KIRK
    Remember your history — The Avengers didn't thaw out Captain America, and Kang the Conqueror became Master of the World throughout all time. To make a brighter future, our heroes have to go to the 1950's and enlist the help of The Agents of Atlas!
    MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #25
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE
    Penciled by CORY HAMSCHER
    Cover by PAUL SMITH
    The Human Torch falls into a probability rift and finds himself flung across innumerable alternate realities, including: a world where a heroic Victor Von Doom, a.k.a. Doc Iron, battles against Mr. Devious, Monsterman, The Human Pyre, and The Unstoppable Woman ... a.k.a. The Frightful Four, a world where the Femmetastic Four defends a world completely depopulated of men (then Johnny shows up) and a world where Johnny's arch-nemesis runs the FF ... That's right, SPIDER-MAN! Can The Watcher help Torch get back to his timeline, or will he wander forever through "The Worlds of What If?"
    And a warm welcome to new cover artist PAUL SMITH!

wwtMask on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey, that BP cover got me thinking...Black Panther meets Robo-Panther?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh what. They're releasing the Irredeemable Ant-Man in digests? They're a cool format and all, but those millions of panels are going to be so tiny.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Oh, man. Marvel Adventures: Avengers and Fantastic Four (on that cover, if Spidey is standing where Reed is in every other dimension, does that mean he's doinking Sue there?), Ash giving Doctor Doom lip, Nova versus Speednance, Annihilation Conquest, Sub-Mariner, Treasure Island and Last of the Mohicans. June is going to be awesome, even without World War Hulk (or Franklin).

Wildcat on
    edited March 2007
    For reals. I try to give DC some of my comic moneys, but Marvel always monopolizes my budget, and for good reason.

A digest for Ant-Man is kinda weird. It deserves a TPB at least.

wwtMask on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love the use of John Hughes movie posters for the Loners covers.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited March 2007
    Hmm, maybe the Penance in that book will beat on the new one for stealing her codename.

Wildcat on
    edited March 2007
    Not really a solicit, but Newsarama's got a preview of next month's Nova #1.

Apparently Nova is going to be mopping up stray bugs from the Annihilation Wave. I approve of this. :^:

Nova15.jpg

God damn it, next month can't come fast enough. All I can hope for is that the fight with the T-Bolts plays out exactly the same way.

wwtMask on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fuck yes.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fuck ye... I mean, Peachy keen!

Nova reminds me of Firestorm from DC now. Superpowerful, has a disembodied voice in his noggin' that isn't his. That's not a bad thing I'm just talking out loud... typing whatever.

Caveman Paws on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had no interest in Nova until Annihilation.

Now I am jizzing rivers over this book.

Sars_Boy on
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Runaways_copy.jpg

I'm not going to lie. I really like this cover.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wonder if it's a joke cover, or if they'll actually go back in time. The fact that Gertie's parents were fucking time travelers has been somewhat neglected, not to mention Chase's parents.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wonder if it's a joke cover, or if they'll actually go back in time. The fact that Gertie's parents were fucking time travelers has been somewhat neglected, not to mention Chase's parents.

I would love it if it is simply Molly making everyone go to one of those old timey photo places.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
    edited March 2007

I would love it if it is simply Molly making everyone go to one of those old timey photo places.

I could go for a stand alone recreation issue.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't see what the big deal is. It looks like a perfectly ordinary-

...WTF DINOSAUR?

Old Lace looks especially psychotic there, or is it just me?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited March 2007
    Edcrab wrote: »

...WTF DINOSAUR?

It's mostly the blur. Usually Old Lace is a pretty adorable dinosaur.

396px-Runaways06.jpg

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Awww.

I want to drag 'em back and let 'em sleep in my shed.

The dinosaur can come too if it wants...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    i saw that the price for the planet hulk hardcover was forty bucks and i was all 'damn!' but then i saw that it was four hundred pages long and i was like daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    i saw that the price for the planet hulk hardcover was forty bucks and i was all 'damn!' but then i saw that it was four hundred pages long and i was like daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

It's an oversized hardcover of the whole series plus Giant Size Hulk. Considering the premiere editions usually run $20 for just 6 issues, I'd say that's actually a quite a deal. I'm gonna have to work some overtime to afford that bad boy.

wwtMask on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Edcrab wrote: »

...WTF DINOSAUR?

It's mostly the blur. Usually Old Lace is a pretty adorable dinosaur.

Old Lace has been a lot angrier since Chase got her.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Runaways_copy.jpg

I want this as a framed picture on my wall.

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME MARVEL?

DarkPrimus on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Servo wrote: »

$26.39 on Amazon.

At that price, it'd be criminal NOT to buy it.

I just hope they don't use that Micheal Turner picture for the cover. I'm sure everyone here knows my opinion of the man.

DarkPrimus on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    That Runaways cover is pretty awesome, but the June Marvel solicits were pretty boring outside of the known quantities like World War Hulk and the Annihilation fallout.

Are they extending Annihilation because the last issue of the miniseries was such a huge fucking disappointment to what had to that point been a rather great comic?

Terrorbyte on
    edited March 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    That Runaways cover is pretty awesome, but the June Marvel solicits were pretty boring outside of the known quantities like World War Hulk and the Annihilation fallout.

Are they extending Annihilation because the last issue of the miniseries was such a huge fucking disappointment to what had to that point been a rather great comic?

If I didn't already know that you hated everything, I'd almost say that you were reading completely different solicits than the ones that were posted.

wwtMask on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »

If I didn't already know that you hated everything, I'd almost say that you were reading completely different solicits than the ones that were posted.

I like lots of stuff. It just wasn't a very exciting solicit month for Marvel. World War Hulk has been telegraphing its plays for months now, so it just steals most of the thunder. The rest of the Civil War fallout is still just beginning, so no surprises there either. I'm still getting lots of Marvel stuff in June, though.

Terrorbyte on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Runaways_copy.jpg

I like how they went to all the trouble to dress up in inconspicuous 19th-Century garb... and then there's still a raptor in the background.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2007
    I like how Old Lace couldn't sit still.

DJ Eebs on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't like how Molly doesn't have the weirdest/cutest hat.
    That is totally out of character.

The Muffin Man on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The She-Hulk #20 summary amuses me for obvious reasons.
    Twenty issues of secrets and mysteries...
    ...and here's where we let you peek at the answers!
    Is She-Hulk still married? What's Mallory's master plan? Who has Mr. Zix been talking to? Where's John?
    Awesome Andy? Pug? Southpaw?!! BIG returns, BIGGER reveals, and THE BIGGEST SURPRISE OF ALL! All this, and a giant-size Man-Thing.
    :winky: It takes a big man to please a big woman.

The Muffin Man on
  • hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "Carol, I'm gonna hit you so hard your grandkids will have brain damage!"

As if they wouldn't already have some sort of bizarre deformity on account of having a grandfather who impregnated his own mother to create himself.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Annhilation_copy.jpg

That cover is awesome.

HoA-player on