As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Tap Dat Ass For Child's Play

Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
I really hope posting this is okay. If not, sorry Moe.

It has been brought to my attention repeatedly that I am a bad geek because I do not like PIXAR. One of the listeners of my Geeky Pleasures show on Party 934 suggested that I lend my ass to spankings at PAX for some sort of fundraiser in lieu of the above. Since this idea has been put out there, I have been getting a lot of “Yes DO IT!”

There are a few different fundraisers being done during the PAX festivities for the wonderful charity Child’s Play. I am already participating in one and that is the TriWizard Drinking Tournament where the soon to be infamous dance off will occur. Another fundraiser worth mentioning is the Cookie Brigade, so keep your eyes open for the cookie people.

This is how I have decided to help. If you find me at PAX (I will be posting my finalizedish schedule on my website Monday to make this easier), walk up to me and say something along the lines of “Hey I hear you hate PIXAR. Time for me to tap dat ass” at which point (after you have given me a donation to Child’s Play and don’t be cheap, I was thinking the 2-5 dollar range) I will turn around and you can give me a spanking. Do not abuse the privilege of tapping my ass. Please be gentle.

If you do not know what I look like, to make myself easier to locate, I will have a few of these pinned to my person.

EDIT: I thought the fact my picture is my avatar and there is a picture in me in post a picture of yourself thread, that would be enough. But I guess not. So here are a couple pictures of myself. May still be hard to recognize me hence the other way to identify me.
julesstartrek.jpg
Picture330.jpg

scan0002.jpg
scan0003.jpg

Jules@Party934.com on

• ReverendJynxedReverendJynxed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How much for the hour and how much for the night? :P

Sounds like a win/win situation for everyone :)

ReverendJynxed on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is an absolutely horrible idea, and in very, VERY poor taste, even if it is for charity.
    I would recommend not going through with this, as something is bound to go wrong.
    I seriously hope you reconsider doing this.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah... no. How about you don't do this? It's in poor taste, it opens up for a world of inappropriate things to go on, and furthermore, this isn't a night club.

How about you just realize that Pixar hasn't made anything less than an amazing movie, ever, and call it quits?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here is the thing. If you think it inappropriate, do not participate but donate to Child's Play in another way.

I find it rather amusing that people find it okay to get drunk for the children but this is bad. There is the same amount of potential for things to go wrong with each, especially when you have over 200 people getting drunk together.

I have faith that people will be very smart about this and realize it is all in fun and for charity and thus use the utmost discretion.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay for fun, non-serious donation method!

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2009
    This is an absolutely horrible idea, and in very, VERY poor taste, even if it is for charity.
    I would recommend not going through with this, as something is bound to go wrong.

oh lighten up

Tube on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pfft, I don't see what the big deal is. I don't see it as being any different than a kissing booth, and those have been around forever. It's her choice, and I'm sure she'll raise some money.

Wormdundee on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's right, keep the publicity rolling in...

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

oh lighten up

A week from now Tube is going to be in prison for cutting a girl clean in half with a single backhand to the backside.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Although I won't support this, we do live in a place where we are free to do what we wish with our bodies. If you want to use your body in order to raise money for charity, the final decision is rightfully yours.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love it. I personally won't be partaking (I know my gf would find out somehow and not be the happiest). But I wish you and your rear end the best of luck.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is this a joke?
    I can't tell if this is a joke.
    It's a joke, right?

ACC3SS on
  • j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would just like to add one thing about this. There are a lot of kids at the convention and I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea about it. It's bad enough that some cosplayers are almost naked. The people who are getting drunk for charity aren't doing so at the convention itself where you have such a diverse crowd. It's awesome that you want to help raise money for the children, but I recommend trying to keep it away from the impressionable little ones if possible.

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • iheartstrippersiheartstrippers Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, it is a bad idea, and that is why it is a good idea! The only person who is going to pay for it is her. And as far as poor taste, have you even seen the stuff on the Triwizard Drinking Tournament thread...

Do it. Make some money for the fundraiser.

(My username has NOTHING to do with this post... I realize the obviousness of the situation :mrgreen:)

iheartstrippers on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The only thing I find morally questionnable about this is the fact there are no pictures of the OP to recognize her, only publicity for her site.

Also, yeah, shouldn't take place IN the actual con.

Djiem on
    edited August 2009
    j0z1e wrote: »
    I would just like to add one thing about this. There are a lot of kids at the convention and I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea about it. It's bad enough that some cosplayers are almost naked. The people who are getting drunk for charity aren't doing so at the convention itself where you have such a diverse crowd. It's awesome that you want to help raise money for the children, but I recommend trying to keep it away from the impressionable little ones if possible.

As a mother, I completely agree. That is why I am not going to announce a time or place or make people line up or any such thing.

People can choose to find me or not. I won't be carrying any big signs advertising it or making any type of scene if it does happen. So if people take the time out to find me in between interviews cool. If not, that is cool as well. There is so much to do at PAX, schedules are sure to conflict. Donate to Child's Play.

Like I said, those participating are all adults and as such I trust common sense will be used.

Jules@Party934.com on
    edited August 2009
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, seeing as your listener suggested that you get you ass spanked at PAX....

Might I suggest aquiring a stuffed donkey for the event? Yes that's horribly corny and lame, but it might work out as a better fundraising/publicity/revenge tool.

That way:

(1) You can offer to let people can spank your ass (by which I mean the stuffed animal) without risk to yourself
    (2) More people would be willing to participate, which means more funds raised
    (3) You can raise publicity and funds with something a little more tastefull and humourous
    (4) Most importantly, you can do all of the above and get one up on the listener who suggested this endeavor. You'll do what he said, without doing what he meant. That's always fun.

Personally I wouldn't partake in current contest, but smacking a stuffed animal for charity might be fun.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited August 2009
    Well, seeing as your listener suggested that you get you ass spanked at PAX....

Might I suggest aquiring a stuffed donkey for the event? Yes that's horribly corny and lame, but it might work out as a better fundraising/publicity/revenge tool.

That way:

(1) You can offer to let people can spank your ass (by which I mean the stuffed animal) without risk to yourself
    (2) More people would be willing to participate, which means more funds raised
    (3) You can raise publicity and funds with something a little more tastefull and humourous
    (4) Most importantly, you can do all of the above and get one up on the listener who suggested this endeavor. You'll do what he said, without doing what he meant. That's always fun.

Personally I wouldn't partake in current contest, but smacking a stuffed animal for charity might be fun.

I have thought of that as well.

And the suggestion for this fundraiser (a little FYI) was made by PAX attendees who listen to my show

Jules@Party934.com on
    edited August 2009

As a mother, I completely agree. That is why I am not going to announce a time or place or make people line up or any such thing.

People can choose to find me or not. I won't be carrying any big signs advertising it or making any type of scene if it does happen. So if people take the time out to find me in between interviews cool. If not, that is cool as well. There is so much to do at PAX, schedules are sure to conflict. Donate to Child's Play.

Like I said, those participating are all adults and as such I trust common sense will be used.

I'm not even a mom... yet, but it was just something that came to my mind. It seems like you are trying to be responsible about this and hopefully others who choose to participate will also. AbsintheMinded's idea is also very cute ^_^

j0z1e on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nothing is forbidden. Everything is permitted.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2009
    Might I suggest aquiring a stuffed donkey for the event?

She has to cross the border...

That could be a very awkward conversation.

borderdonkey.png

ACC3SS on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Houn on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I'd like to take this time to point out that some of us with children really wish people would stop it already with the 'what about the children' bullshit. It's the responsibility of the parent to decide what is or is not appropriate for their kids.

That said, if I were going to PAX I would definitely tap dat ass. And if I were to take my children, I would pay for them to tap dat ass.

Roland_tHTG on
    edited August 2009

I'd like to take this time to point out that some of us with children really wish people would stop it already with the 'what about the children' bullshit. It's the responsibility of the parent to decide what is or is not appropriate for their kids.

That said, if I were going to PAX I would definitely tap dat ass. And if I were to take my children, I would pay for them to tap dat ass.

You're assuming that parents who are okay with their child attending PAX are also okay with their child being exposed to public spanking. Whether they partake it in themselves is not the issue.

ACC3SS on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On a serious note, anyone bringing their kids to PAX is already signing up to expose them to foul language, violent video games, offensive smelling crowds, ugly half-naked cosplayers, and everything else that goes with the Convention Experience. A little spanking isn't going to harm anyone, especially children, who are more likely to associate it with punishment than sex.

Also, we're talking about nerds here. Most of them will be too nervous to give anything but the briefest of polite taps. Then they will never wash their hand again.

Houn on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The bar crawl keeps getting thrown as an example here so I need to point out 2 things here:

1. The bar crawl is an adults only event that's held completely away from the convention itself.
    2. I spoke with Khoo ahead of time and made sure there would be no conflicts between the nature of the event and the image of Child's Play.

Atlus Parker on
    edited August 2009

And it's fine that you don't care, but with 65k people it's hard to anticipate everyone's reactions. I just don't think that a majority of people will be expecting to see somebody getting spanked (for charity or otherwise) at a convention that they thought was about gaming. I can see a lot of people getting the wrong idea from it is all. There's only a small percentage of attendees that are on the forums and would know what was going on when they saw it happening.

j0z1e on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lol. With the amount of sexual innuendo and other adult comedy in children's movies today (made by Disney or Pixar) I don't think there's any need to protect children from this.

Children generally fit into one of two categories as they grow up:
    (A) Still too young to be offended because they don't understand why it would be offensive or
    (B) Smarter than people give them credit for.

If we beleive children can play Halo without thinking that picking up a gun and killing people is okay, then we should also believe they could see this happen without becoming a sexual devaint.

That being said I wholeheartedly agree that certain parents need to be protected from seeing this happening in their children's presence to prevent them from going all "Jack Thompson" in the middle of PAX.... hence my earlier suggestion. :winky:

EDIT:
    The bar crawl keeps getting thrown as an example here so I need to point out 2 things here:

1. The bar crawl is an adults only event that's held completely away from the convention itself.
    2. I spoke with Khoo ahead of time and made sure there would be no conflicts between the nature of the event and the image of Child's Play.

Also, stuffed donkey or the real thing, if ass spanking is to be associated in any way with Child's Play (ie the charity's name mentioned in conjunction with it) that's proabably an important step. ;)

AbsintheMinded on
  • PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    On a serious note, anyone bringing their kids to PAX is already signing up to expose them to foul language, violent video games, offensive smelling crowds, ugly half-naked cosplayers, and everything else that goes with the Convention Experience.[/i]

I ageed, I saw most of that stuff at lasts years P.A.X so whats the fuss!? BTW Good luck Jules I support you.

PimpMethod on
    edited August 2009
    Lol. With the amount of sexual innuendo and other adult comedy in children's movies today (made by Disney or Pixar) I don't think there's any need to protect children from this.

Children generally fit into one of two categories as they grow up:
    (A) Still too young to be offended because they don't understand why it would be offensive or
    (B) Smarter than people give them credit for.

If we beleive children can play Halo without thinking that picking up a gun and killing people is okay, then we should also believe they could see this happen without becoming a sexual devaint.

That being said I wholeheartedly agree that certain parents need to be protected from seeing this to prevent them from going all "Jack Thompson" in the middle of PAX.... hence my earlier suggestion. :winky:

I guess that was more my point, you have people coming with their teens who aren't gamers and won't get it. Then the poor kids won't be allowed to attend PAX again until they're able to on their own and their parents might start getting all crazy as well. To speak in more general terms, just be mindful of your surroundings. Sometimes we take it for granted that we know the type of people who are at a con with us, but when there are so many people you really can't know what's going on in everyone's head. Some people are not going to be ok with it for various reasons, but one reason that I could foresee becoming a bigger issue is that there are children around. I'd hate for Jerry, Mike, or Robert to have to deal with e-mails or anything from angry parents or groups when it could have been prevented. There are always Jack Thompson's out there who will jump at any chance to say how gaming is bad for kids. It sucks, but it's true. And that's as far as I'm going with this, I don't want it to blow up anymore.

j0z1e on
    edited August 2009
    And that is why I have said more than once now, it will be done with discretion since both myself and those who may want to participate are well aware that America is a litigious country.

Jules@Party934.com on
    edited August 2009
    ok I'm going to lock this because now my head hurts

good job everyone

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.