As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[360] 1 vs. 100 Beta: Married to the Mob

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    160?

I feel bad if I get less than 180. :|

You have to hit the button the split second the correct answer appears or starts to appear(if it isn't the first one). It's an annoying way to play the game, and if you're too jumpy, you'll miss one or two(wording on ones you kinda know), but that's how you score high.

Or go get better reaction times? :D

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    :( I want to be right more than speedy, which I guess is my problem.

Institutional Pederasty on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    These Sprint commercials always entertain me.

"Tons of couples are breaking up right now over our wireless network."

Uh...awesome? Let me sign up!

Don't forget that they're also advertising their not-yet-available-but-much-better-service-that-you'll-probably-have-to-buy-a-new-phone-for-anyway. And-why-aren't-you-convinced-to-sign-up-yet? 4G network...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Chillaxing in the last mob.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've gotten 175 before with no bonus. I think some of it depends on how quickly the rest of the people respond too. It seems kinda relative. If everyone pauses, the first to answer gets the bonus. If no one pauses, it depends on how quickly the first person hit the button. I haven't been able to get higher than 193 though, iirc.

edit: I don't mind the commercials, but at least show me a different one each time. I hate seeing the same commercial 8 times in a single live show. I know Sprint has more commercials than just the one.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yarghghghghg why can't I get in the game?!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is it just me or does it always take at least 10 minutes of exiting and re-entering to get into a game. I'm so sick of seeing all of the pointless sprint advertisements that take a minute to get to the damn play menu.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i hate the extended play whe its general trivia. There is way to much US based trivia for a Canadian like me. It talks about shows and people i've never even heard of that are on American TV stations i also have never heard of.

They need to fix that thats not general trivia imo.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JCofDI leading on Beatles trivia!

Though I haven't missed a question yet. :P

Lousy reaction time mechanic.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i hate the extended play whe its general trivia. There is way to much US based trivia for a Canadian like me. It talks about shows and people i've never even heard of that are on American TV stations i also have never heard of.

They need to fix that thats not general trivia imo.

Um... I live in the States and don't watch any TV at all. Nor do I go to musical theatre or pay attention to much in the way of currently released movies... Just how many different types of people do they have to account for when using 'general' trivia?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was 100% for all the Beatles questions so far (I'm a pretty big fan) and then my xbox kicked out and I got the dreaded red ring of death.

I'm at a loss for words.

Endaro on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, sure, disconnect me when I'm number five in the Beatles trivia, that's fine, I don't mind.

EDIT: Good to know I'm not the only one having trouble. Must be the huge numbers that're causing problems. To be fair, judging by the people I was playing with, most of those people really don't belong there. Somebody in my group didn't know what Beatlemania was. I'm hoping he accidentally joined 1 vs. 100 instead starting Halo.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FUCK

Accidentally hit KLM 'cause I was thinking of a Chili Peppers song for some stupid reason.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I really wished they posted the questions somewhere or something, why did it have to over heat during the only 1vs100 I actually wanted to play?

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Endaro wrote: »
    I really wished they posted the questions somewhere or something, why did it have to over heat during the only 1vs100 I actually wanted to play?

Yeah I feel for you, RROD always sucks.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you are playing with multiple local people, does anyone know if you are more/less likely to be chosen for the mob or the one?

I don't think anyone knows exactly how they choose the mob or the one, but I'm just curious if I'm playing with 2-4 people and scores are all over if you're less likely to be chosen for the mob, and because you have more than 1 person playing, they'll never choose you for the one since I don't know how that'd work with the other people who were playing.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Was still in the sizable mob at game end, now at work. Enjoy Beatles time, folks.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    If you are playing with multiple local people, does anyone know if you are more/less likely to be chosen for the mob or the one?

I don't think anyone knows exactly how they choose the mob or the one, but I'm just curious if I'm playing with 2-4 people and scores are all over if you're less likely to be chosen for the mob, and because you have more than 1 person playing, they'll never choose you for the one since I don't know how that'd work with the other people who were playing.

When people in the same party are both in the Mob and Crowd, it just shows the Mob person with different camera angles.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JCofDI leading on Beatles trivia!

Though I haven't missed a question yet. :P

Lousy reaction time mechanic.

I was so ecstatic to see that!

And then the Revolver album artist question came up and I was like "Oh nooooo!"

Then a call came anyway so I wouldn't have kept it.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks to my wife, I didn't miss a single question that whole hour. Thanks to Microsoft, I got kicked out in the middle of the game, so I didn't keep my awesome high ranking.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Man, I know more about The Beatles than I thought I did. I missed a couple and had to use a few skips for stuff I wasn't sure about, but I still ended up with a full battery of skips and at least answered 30 questions right. Usually, the last 17 just kick my ass.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had to leave at about the halfway point last night, but someone messaged me and said he read one of my e-mails.

Does that mean I get some sort of prize?

Because that would be awesome.

Anyone remember him reading any of the following?:
    One of my favorite memories was when a disconnect error caused 80 people to miss a very easy question, and it became 1 vs. 2
    One of my favorite memories is Gabe & Tycho guest-hosting with you. As a volunteer at PAX, the Penny Arcade questions made sure that I found my way into the top ten for the first (and only) time ever.

Woo!
    One of my favorite memories is seeing Pat Cashman (of Almost Live! fame) in the ad for the "In The News" version of extended play for the first time.

I love that guy!
    Another favorite memory is when you were giving away copies of Kingdom for Keflings, but everybody wanted Shadow Complex instead, even though it had only come out like two days before.

Luckily, I already had both.
    My new favorite moment is probably just now when like 50 people got eliminated by one Beatles question.

Who doesn't know the line about Dear Prudence, really?

Oh wait, I got it wrong too. Damn.

Yes, they're childish and stupid, but I was bored and had already missed one of the questions, so I came up with something to send to the address.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I had to leave at about the halfway point last night, but someone messaged me and said he read one of my e-mails.

Does that mean I get some sort of prize?

Because that would be awesome.

Anyone remember him reading any of the following?:
    One of my favorite memories was when a disconnect error caused 80 people to miss a very easy question, and it became 1 vs. 2
    One of my favorite memories is Gabe & Tycho guest-hosting with you. As a volunteer at PAX, the Penny Arcade questions made sure that I found my way into the top ten for the first (and only) time ever.

Woo!
    One of my favorite memories is seeing Pat Cashman (of Almost Live! fame) in the ad for the "In The News" version of extended play for the first time.

I love that guy!
    Another favorite memory is when you were giving away copies of Kingdom for Keflings, but everybody wanted Shadow Complex instead, even though it had only come out like two days before.

Luckily, I already had both.
    My new favorite moment is probably just now when like 50 people got eliminated by one Beatles question.

Who doesn't know the line about Dear Prudence, really?

Oh wait, I got it wrong too. Damn.

Yes, they're childish and stupid, but I was bored and had already missed one of the questions, so I came up with something to send to the address.

The Pat Cashman one made it on air. Dunno if you actually get anything for him reading it though.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone by chance remember any of the hard ones from last night? What was the Dear Prudence one that so many people missed?

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I know for me the hard ones were the album cover ones. Who drew the Revolver cover / Who took the Rubber soul picture. Also everyone in my group (except for me) got fooled by the finish the lyric question for When I'm 64. The first answer was "Six feet Four" and everyone picked it. These are all examples for The Beatles trivia of course.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Endaro wrote: »
    Does anyone by chance remember any of the hard ones from last night? What was the Dear Prudence one that so many people missed?

The question was 'Who played drums on Dear Prudence?'

Paul McCartney
    Ringo Starr (or somebody else... Like it matters...)
    Keith Moon

In my group, everybody else picked Keith Moon...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, looks like the questions were the same. This is worth remembering for future special edition EPs.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Even for regular ones the questions will repeat. But yeah, the more limited the questions can be, the more likely they'll repeat.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No, that's not what I mean. It looks like the questions from the UK one earlier in the day were the same questions used in the US one later, which means that for future special edition EPs there's potential for people to game the system.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What I said never contradicted that assertion.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh jesus, I looked at the schedule. Next Saturday is 24 straight hours of Extended Play.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, I had assumed the "season finale" meant that there wouldn't be any 1 vs. 100 events, not just no more live shows for awhile.

Awesome deal if the extended plays are just there to stay now.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, there's no more past the "Trivia Marathon" ones.. for now.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, after that, the whole game's up in the air. I think they're still figuring out what they're doing with it. Hopefully they just keep the damn thing exactly as it is.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I hope they'll fix some of the horrendous bugs with score display and the lobby system, myself.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    They really need to make it more SDTV friendly.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Eh, it's fine on ours, although admittedly it's 32".

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The questions/answers part is fine, but good luck reading scores/the stats stuff on a 27"

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ah. Yeah, I can see that being an issue for some people. I've always had an eye for patterns when it comes to word, so I can usually make a damn good guess at what it is (for example, I had no problem with Dead Rising on a 19" SDTV), but I don't really know how they solve that aside from making the stats pane massive.

Willeth on
  • Options
    KevdogKevdog Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    New season starts tonight. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/1vs100

Kevdog on