As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Auctioning! One 3-day pass

DewinDewin Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
I know there's a have-one need-one thread, but considering how I'm doing this I figured a separate thread might be in order.

The story:
I am the co-coordinator for a fairly large group of people who purchased 3-day passes at the group discount rate. (We're also renting a house for the weekend.) It turns out we have an extra pass.

I've heard of some ridiculous offers for tickets, so I'm going to entertain them here. However, I personally would feel guilty making a substantial profit -- so a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Child's Play.

In short: The first $100 of the winning offer will go to cover expenses (the ticket itself and a portion of our house rental expenses). The remainder will go to Child's Play.

The rules:
  • Accepted payment methods are cash or Paypal. (More payment methods may be added later.)
  • The ticket will be available for pickup at some time after the end of the auction. (My co-coordinator lives in Seattle).
  • To provide verification that the donation to Child's Play was made, the winner may accompany us as we go to make the donation during PAX. We'll also try to post some sort of proof (likely a picture of a receipt) online.
  • Bidding starts at $150.
  • Post all bids in this thread. Bids sent via email, PM, etc. will be ignored.
  • Bidding ends on Tuesday, September 1st at 11:59 PM PST. In the event of a bidding war near the end of the auction, the auction will be extended to end five minutes after the last bid but no later than Wednesday, September 2nd 12:00 PM (noon).
  • Forum timestamps shall be the sole determining factor of timely bids.
  • This auction is in no way official, and rules will be followed on a best-effort basis.

Dewin on

• Options
    razoredgrazoredg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ill go at it for $150, tryin to get 2 for friends just comin off a military deployment. both are willin to pay, but ill get this one at least :)

razoredg on
    Razoredg--X13 Counting the days till Prime 2010!
  • Options
    TelanisWSUTelanisWSU Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    $175

Also, how did you get one extra pass - there an extra spot in that house? How close is it to the con? If not or are unwilling to do that, no worries - I got other places I can crash. Thanks!

TelanisWSU on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TelanisWSU wrote: »
    Also, how did you get one extra pass - there an extra spot in that house? How close is it to the con? If not or are unwilling to do that, no worries - I got other places I can crash. Thanks!

It's a free bus ride between the house and the con. And, sadly, the house is full -- though you might be able to visit :)

One of the people on our group discount list bought their own ticket, hence the extra.

Dewin on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dewin wrote: »
    I know there's a have-one need-one thread, but considering how I'm doing this I figured a separate thread might be in order.

you figured wrong

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dewin wrote: »

you figured wrong

My intent was to make it easier for bidders to see what the current bid was and not get it lost between "I need a ticket" posts, and vice versa. I did post a link in the other thread so they can find this one, however.

Dewin on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Uh... was this cleared with khoo first before posting? Pretty sure this thread violates a forum rule of some kind.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Uh... was this cleared with khoo first before posting? Pretty sure this thread violates a forum rule of some kind.

If it does, my apologies. >.> Just seemed like a good idea at the time. And I don't see anything that it violates after making a quick glance at the stickied rules post.

Dewin on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2009
    This isn't something that we can do on the forums, you should at the very least have asked first.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.