As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

R U There?

124»

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I heard it was a crab that got hit by the meteor you see in the beginning of the film.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've never seen cloverfield

should I bother

Charles Kinbote on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    See, the origins of the monster is actually what draws me most to a sequel.

Like a salivating fan of Lost, I crave answers

The thing is that if that was answered you couldn't possibly be happy with the result. At the end of that path is always crap. That's why nothing ever gets answered on lost, or why we were better off not knowing that Jedi were people with special basketball genes that made them white guys who could jump, or why watching the final of BSG makes you wish they had never attempted any sort of connection to the real world.

Those are examples of bad answers yeah

but come on
    Luke, I am your father
    She's my sister AND my daughter
    Bruce Willis was dead the whole time

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    1. I really enjoyed Cloverfield but this is most definitely a fake video; the monster appearing is clearly a still from the first movie that just pops into frame; I'm not sure I'd see a sequel but it depends on what direction they take

2. GI Joe wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be

3. I actually really like the Blair Witch Project to be honest

Grey Ghost on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And I am once again reminded that I want to see [REC]

but I still don't want to shit my pants while watching a movie

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've seen exactly one good twist that wasn't character driven in my life and it was on an episode of doctor who

other kinds don't really work because they aren't really plausible unless we've been beaten over the head with them (and thus aren't very twisty)

e: Grey Ghost, but did you like the sequel?

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think one of the twists I enjoyed the most was at the end of the first Saw movie.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    I've seen exactly one good twist that wasn't character driven in my life and it was on an episode of doctor who

other kinds don't really work because they aren't really plausible unless we've been beaten over the head with them (and thus aren't very twisty)

e: Grey Ghost, but did you like the sequel?

To what, Blair Witch?

I never saw it, after hearing they had dropped the "documentary" style and being told that it was so terrible

I caught about 5 minutes of it on TV not too long ago and feltI really hadn't missed out

Grey Ghost on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oldboys was my favorite headfuck twist I think

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
This discussion has been closed.