As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Experimenting with Machinima

majanzmajanz Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Artist's Corner
I’ve been writing amateur Sci-Fi for awhile now and on the side I’ve toyed around with 3D computer modeling.

Last year, while pestering a professional graphics arts friend to try and get him to illustrate my kid’s book idea, he kindly told me to ‘beat it’ and said that I should start testing out the Poser/Daz/iClone software that lets you make your own 3D people that you can use to make your own short animations & comics.

So I’ve been playing. Started hammering out a test space opera story line (I’ll give you three guesses as to which classical era historical story line I’m ripping off) and building up my skill levels with 3D modeling, animation and rendering.

Without further beating around the bush – “The Diary Files of Paul Ibius”.

(Bonus points for you if you can figure out the pun with the guys name)

Can't Upload - so its on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41888918@N02/sets/72157622038609947/

majanz on

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    3862897401_e942bc8347.jpg

Your images are dark.
    also I must say somewhat stark
    refrigerator

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Responding with verse
    Could be considered perverse
    But is preferable still to the trolls

Dishwasher

:rotate:

majanz on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mine was a haiku. But I couldn't think of a third line.

But on a serious note, they're kinda dark and there's not that much there to look at anyway.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The amount of text one has to read is overwhelming. I really didn't want to go through all those pages, it seemed like a chore.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure how this is machinima.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is that the first page? It is a bad idea to suggest that the reader is going to have to put up with long, rambling writing, especially on the first page. Readers are very lazy, especially on the Web.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    mine was a haiku. But I couldn't think of a third line.

I had guessed that. :winky:
    But on a serious note, they're kinda dark and there's not that much there to look at anyway.

With the tools I'm using (iClone) some of the scenes look like shit if there is too much light. I'm working on it. Its a matter of getting the renderer software to do what I want.

Oh yes, and the iClone people bill themselves as 'Machinima' software. That's why I titled this 'Experimenting with Machinima'.

majanz on