As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Official Thread)

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gryffindor

08:20 PM The Crescent Challenge #1 The Challenge of Godric Gryffindor
    09:00 PM Clever Dunne's Challenge #2 The Sword of Godric Gryffindor
    10:00 PM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #3 Wizard Duel vs Ravenclaw: Pair up with a partner from Ravenclaw and cast your best spell (shot)
    11:00 PM Barca Challenge #4 Wizard Duel vs Slytherin: Pair up with a partner from Slytherin and cast your best spell (shot)
    12:00 AM Linda's Challenge #5 Gryffindor is for Fratboys
    12:40 AM The Chapel Challenge #6 Defense Against the Dark Arts
    01:20 AM The Garage Challenge #7 End of Year Banquet
    Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a wizard from House Gryffindor.

(Other houses will be released as I finish them today)

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    ok so I just realized I have no idea what 'house' I am in...
    Also I'll be doing this alone... unfortunately my crazy booze drinking friend bailed on me.
    Really too bad because man can that guy hold his liquor.

Anyway, any house that wants me, let me know...

You signed up for Ravenclaw like 3 years ago.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hufflepuff

08:20 PM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #1 The Challenge of Helga Hufflepuff
    09:00 PM Barca Challenge #2 Wizard Duel vs Ravenclaw: Pair up with a partner from Ravenclaw and cast your best spell (shot)
    10:00 PM Linda's Challenge #3 Wizard Duel vs Slytherin: Pair up with a partner from Slytherin and cast your best spell (shot)
    11:00 PM The Chapel Challenge #4 Hufflepuff is for Everyone!
    12:00 AM The Garage Challenge #5 Herbology 101
    12:40 AM The Crescent Challenge #6 The Goblet of Helga Hufflepuff
    01:20 AM Clever Dunne's Challenge #7 End of Year Banquet
    Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a wizard from House Hufflepuff.

Slytherin

08:20 PM The Garage Challenge #1 The Challenge of Salazar Slytherin
    09:00 PM The Chapel Challenge #2 The Locket of Salazar Slytherin
    10:00 PM Linda's Challenge #3 Wizard Duel vs Hufflepuff: Pair up with a partner from Hufflepuff and cast your best spell (shot)
    11:00 PM Barca Challenge #4 Wizard Duel vs Gryffindor: Pair up with a partner from Gryffindor and cast your best spell (shot)
    12:00 AM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #5 Slytherin is for Cheaters
    12:40 AM Clever Dunne's Challenge #6 Potion-making
    01:20 AM The Crescent Challenge #7 End of Year Banquet
    Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a wizard from House Slytherin.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ravenclaw

08:20 PM Linda's Challenge #1 The Challenge of Rowena Ravenclaw
    09:00 PM Barca Challenge #2 Wizard Duel vs Hufflepuff: Pair up with a partner from Hufflepuff and cast your best spell (shot)
    10:00 PM Cafe Metropolitan Challenge #3 Wizard Duel vs Gryffindor: Pair up with a partner from Gryffindor and cast your best spell (shot)
    11:00 PM Clever Dunne's Challenge #4 Ravenclaw is for Nerds
    12:00 AM The Crescent Challenge #5 Arithmancy
    12:40 AM The Garage Challenge #6 The Diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw
    01:20 AM The Chapel Challenge #7 End of Year Banquet
    Wildcard Challenge #8 Come dressed as a wizard from House Ravenclaw.

Annnnnd that's the challenges for all the houses.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    iheartstrippersiheartstrippers Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    My friend and I would like to be on stand by for !Hufflepuff

My best spell (Fobidden!):
    Mexican Yeast Infection
    1/2 oz Tequila
    1/4 oz Wild Turkey
    1/4 oz 151 Proof Rum
    1 splash(es) Tabasco Sauce
    1 tbsp Mayonnaise

Rim the shot glass with mayonnaise then add the liqueurs. Should be filled to the brim so some of the mayo seeps into the drink. Add a splash of Tabasco and in one sweeping motion, lick the mayo and do the shot.

Anyone up for a forbidden duel ;)

iheartstrippers on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My liver hurt just reading that.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A lot of things hurt when I read that.

Lokiale on
    East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone got a website that lists recipes for "spells"?

I fail at drinks that don't involve pink coconut rims.

OMG Pink Poodle Recipe Below!

Beryllium's Pink Poodle Recipe:

Rim:

- Pink-dyed dry shredded coconut

Lazy Variant:

- Undyed dry shredded coconut + pink cake decorator's sugar

Put that in a saucer and coat the rim of the glass with rum, turn the glass upside down and dip into the coconut. The result should look something like a feather boa that's seen better days.

Throw the following into a blender:

1) Some ice (not too much, we're going for a slushie consistency, not the kind of drink that stands up in the glass).

2) A generous jigger of Dark Rum.

3) A few spoonfulls of Cream of Coconut (a sickly-sweet non-alcoholic cream you will find in a can, not Creme de Cacao, full-fat coconut milk + simple syrup will do if you're desperate).

4) Grenadine until it's pink.

5) Your dignity.

BLEND IT.

Pour carefully into glasses.

Get hammered.

Men's Warning: You immediately lose all man points if caught holding a Pink Poodle.

Beryllium on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    whypick1 on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Beryllium wrote: »
    Anyone got a website that lists recipes for "spells"?

I fail at drinks that don't involve pink coconut rims.

OMG Pink Poodle Recipe Below!

Beryllium's Pink Poodle Recipe:

Rim:

- Pink-dyed dry shredded coconut

Lazy Variant:

- Undyed dry shredded coconut + pink cake decorator's sugar

Put that in a saucer and coat the rim of the glass with rum, turn the glass upside down and dip into the coconut. The result should look something like a feather boa that's seen better days.

1) Some ice (not too much, we're going for a slushie consistency, not the kind of drink that stands up in the glass).

2) A generous jigger of Dark Rum.

3) A few spoonfulls of Cream of Coconut (a sickly-sweet non-alcoholic cream you will find in a can, not Creme de Cacao, full-fat coconut milk + simple syrup will do if you're desperate).

4) Grenadine until it's pink.

5) Your dignity.

BLEND IT.

Pour carefully into glasses.

Get hammered.

Men's Warning: You immediately lose all man points if caught holding a Pink Poodle.

My god. That makes an Appletini look like a glass of 151.

Pink-dyed dry shredded coconut. :P

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

5) Your dignity.

:^:

EDIT: Full disclosure, I'm drinking strawberry lemon aid as we speak.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

5) Your dignity.

:^:

EDIT: Full disclosure, I'm drinking strawberry lemon aid as we speak.

I'm pretty sure you have to punch the nearest man without apology or explanation to not lose man points on that one.

Beryllium on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I love the idea of working with drinks that will show Ravenclaw pride so I think so far I might be leaning towards a spell list that includes:
    Blue and Gold
    Brain Teaser
    Ice Cream Genius

Powerful? Maybe not but I'm going more towards drinks that I found that look tasty with the small hope that anyone who pairs up with me will be stumped as to what to order. ;)

That pink poodle sounds emasculating-ly delicious.

Lokiale on
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just drove away from a challenge to a street fight. My man points ran out half an hour ago.

EDIT: On topic: blue and gold has no excuse to not be blue berry schnapps and goldschlager.

Except, that would be awful.

Wait a tick... Think I found my spell.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lokiale wrote: »

I think I see a problem:
    • All Forbidden Curses Are...Forbidden: All drinks must contain only a mix of alcohol. That means no fruit, tabasco sauce, fire, pickles, rubber bands, dirty diapers, razor blades, The Kraken, miniature civilizations, or whatever else your sick little minds come up with.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't think that would include cream, orange juice, and ice cream would it? Those are pretty tame...
    I'd drink an ounce or two of cream straight up willingly anyways.

May you wreak much havoc, SlickShughes!

Forgot to add: I'll stick to just alcohol things though =) ...even though I wanted to drink ice cream

Lokiale on
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I was just going to go with car bombs...

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I haven't signed up for this, but there's a chance my friends & I (3) might tag along and watch the shenanagins. If the bars get overcrowded, we'll back off. But, question...

This starts from the PrePAX dinner, but are you planning to walk from the dinner to the first bar? Or drive from the dinner and re-group at the first bar at a specified time? Perhaps this will be announced at the dinner, but I wanted to know if we should be walking or driving to the dinner in the first place.

Also, in what order are the bars being visited?

Apologies if this is covered somewhere, but I could not find it. Perhaps that was intentional to keep out the riff-raff (me). :)

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    This starts from the PrePAX dinner, but are you planning to walk from the dinner to the first bar? Or drive from the dinner and re-group at the first bar at a specified time? Perhaps this will be announced at the dinner, but I wanted to know if we should be walking or driving to the dinner in the first place.

Well, the dinner is taking place within 2 miles of the drinking area, so walking isn't out of the question, but that ends at 8 and the first challenge starts at 8:20, so I'd imagine there'd be a lot of driving. Then again, I'm not going to that shindig, so I could be talking out of my ass.
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    Also, in what order are the bars being visited?

Look at the "Schedule and Challenges" in the OP for each house.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So a weak ass question:

Due to excessive partying in my college years, my body abhors taking shots. Doesn't matter the booze, or composition of drink, but shooting hard A makes me instantly gag. Is there any way I can request that "spells" against me are not shots? I'll pound a drink any day, even if it's vile, but even the most mild shot will make me run for the toilet.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Accalon wrote: »
    So a weak ass question:

Due to excessive partying in my college years, my body abhors taking shots. Doesn't matter the booze, or composition of drink, but shooting hard A makes me instantly gag. Is there any way I can request that "spells" against me are not shots? I'll pound a drink any day, even if it's vile, but even the most mild shot will make me run for the toilet.

Are you fucking serious? You've had ALL SUMMER to practice this shit Gryffindor!

ANYWAY: You can request it, but once you're at the bar since the Challenger buys there's no guarantees. Depends on how much of a dick they want to be. :evil:

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So a weak ass question:

Are you fucking serious? You've had ALL SUMMER to practice this shit Gryffindor!

ANYWAY: You can request it, but once you're at the bar since the Challenger buys there's no guarantees. Depends on how much of a dick they want to be. :evil:

yes I'm fucking serious. I've been trying to "practice" getting over this reflex for the last 4 years.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Before you pair up with someone just make sure to ask "Hey are you a dick? No? Ok cool, please no shots."
    I won't order a shot against you if you really can't stand it but I'm one of many potential challengers. Best of luck!

Actually that makes me think of something. Will I be letting anyone in Ravenclaw down if I punk out a little early (not a lot early, that's no fun) just to make sure I don't have a hangover during the first round of Omegathon? haha with so many people I doubt it'll matter but I guess I want to be polite? Or whatever the etiquette for Triwizard is...

Lokiale on
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    jacobleejacoblee Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    If it's not too late...

!Ravenclaw

Or whichever house/standby we'll fit in.

and maybe +2; asking my friends now.

jacoblee on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I'm going to tentatively sign up for !Ravenclaw. This will probably be confirmed ridiculously late in the game when I show up at the dinner and awkwardly introduce myself to people.

My spell of choice is the Orange Fuck You. Triple vodka shot and half a shot of orange soda.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One of my pluses in !Hufflepuff would actually like to go on as a standby position, or even in the main position if possible

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So a weak ass question:

yes I'm fucking serious. I've been trying to "practice" getting over this reflex for the last 4 years.

You can be my partner then. I only order tasty things.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Some concern has arisen over whether or not people on the crawl can perform "extracurricular" activities during the crawl to raise more money for their house.

I've considered the subject all day while sitting in my office and stroking my wizardly beard*.

In my opinion, I do not care if others perform ridiculous acts to raise money during the crawl as long as it happens during the crawl. It will only add to how ridiculous the event is already and everyone is capable of doing the same.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    While not drinking related, but certainly in the spirit of nerds dressing up in Harry Potter garb, I would like to direct those of you with Netflix to this. These people are so very much sad, not due to the nerd levels, but the fact that none of these people can write a song for shit.

redhalo on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    So a weak ass question:

You can be my partner then. I only order tasty things.

What was that blue stuff in your hotel last year? It was very much not tasty.

redhalo on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blue stuff?

Couldn't have been ethelyne glycol -- that's green stuff, and it is very tasty indeed (albeit toxic).

1 1/2 oz. Vodka
    1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
    2 oz. Sweet and Sour Mix
    splash of 7-Up or Sprite

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    ThatHalflingThatHalfling Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can remove the ThatHalfling + 3 from !Ravenclaw, sorry bout the late notice.

ThatHalfling on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

Ahh that was bols blue or blue curacao. You shouldn't drink that stuff by itself. It's for mixing drinks and it goes surprisingly well with a number of other liquors though it's pretty sick on its own.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Some concern has arisen over whether or not people on the crawl can perform "extracurricular" activities during the crawl to raise more money for their house.

I've considered the subject all day while sitting in my office and stroking my wizardly beard*.

In my opinion, I do not care if others perform ridiculous acts to raise money during the crawl as long as it happens during the crawl. It will only add to how ridiculous the event is already and everyone is capable of doing the same.

Fair enough.

If anyone in Ravenclaw has any ideas for a way to raise some extra funds, PM me.

Sumi on
  • Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »

Ahh that was bols blue or blue curacao. You shouldn't drink that stuff by itself. It's for mixing drinks and it goes surprisingly well with a number of other liquors though it's pretty sick on its own.

Like the blue hawaiian, good stuff:

1 oz light rum
    1 cherry
    2 oz pineapple juice
    1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    1 oz cream of coconut
    1 slice pineapple

Blend light rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut with one cup ice in an electric blender at high speed. Pour contents into a highball glass. Decorate with the slice of pineapple and a cherry.

stabn_ on
    Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    John-311John-311 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A friend and I would like to come drink with people going to pax but iunno about the whole harry potter thing. It looks awesome and all but we just wanna drink some beers and chill.

John-311 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    John-311 wrote: »
    A friend and I would like to come drink with people going to pax but iunno about the whole harry potter thing. It looks awesome and all but we just wanna drink some beers and chill.

What? Do you hate fun? You must be in Slytherin.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So a weak ass question:

Eh, after my 21st on Saturday night, I kinda.. only maybe don't want alcohol. Well, maybe one drink, but that's all. Seriously. Bad timing, right before the pub crawl, but a day and a half of misery from the worst hang over EVAR? Hmm. I also agree with the not wanting to do shots.

MeeOk on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    So a weak ass question:

Eh, after my 21st on Saturday night, I kinda.. only maybe don't want alcohol. Well, maybe one drink, but that's all. Seriously. Bad timing, right before the pub crawl, but a day and a half of misery from the worst hang over EVAR? Hmm. I also agree with the not wanting to do shots.

Accalon: I totally could have helped you with this! But no worries, I'm sure people won't be total dicks.

MeeOk: lulz. You are quickly learning the ways of moderation! Congrats!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    All things in moderation!

Including moderation.

Stupid on

26904.png
This discussion has been closed.