As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Worst Timing EVER!!!

--DANNY----DANNY-- Registered User new member
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
I've been SOOO STOKED for PAX!
totally have been planning to go on Friday...
i've had the cash but not in my bank account and I don't have a car.
so.... today. i go online and double check to make sure the friday tickets aren't sold out online yet...
and i leave... to walk 4 miles to my bank =(
i deposit the cash...
walk back...
get on the computer (and i had to pee extremely badly.. but i put it off because i'd rather pee my pants than not get my pax pass)...
go to the paxsite.com and then the registration page...
to my relief, it doesn't say "SOLD OUT" next to "Friday"...
ahhh a sigh of relief!
i slink back into my computer chair while casually clicking the "Register Now" button.
click continue, only to see.....
FRIDAY PASSES ARE SOLD OUT!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
and then after a few minutes of foul language at the computer screen and throwing an emtpy MtDew can across the room, i go back to the paxsite.com registration page... and it doesn't say "sold out"... they tricked me... totally hadn't updated the main site's registration page =(

so now i have legs that hurt from walking 8 miles in the heat, can't go to pax (i'm gonna be out of state on sunday), and now my plans to totally look like Frank West from Dead Rising with the nice camera and everything for going to PAX are down the drain =(

better luck next year i suppose.

my 13 year old brother gets to go, but I (20 yrs old) don't. (he was smarter than me and had his tickets purchased way in advance)...

AND sucks to be my brother now though, because i was his ride... so now being in a sour mood, i might not even want to have to drive an hour to seattle to drop him off and then drive an hour back home while sulking and wishing i was there, only to drive an hour back at 3am to pick him up and then drive an hour back home... 4 hours of driving... every second of which i will be thinking of one thing... "i won't be at pax"

lame-sauce.

anyone else care to share a similiar story?
maybe we can start a under-privileged PAX non-visitors support group

edit: totally just noticed the worst part of it!
my little brother (Nick, age 13) who is going... definitely won't have the parent's approval of going if I can't be there with him...
so now i have to hope one of his friends or one of my friends, or someone we actually know, is also going and willing to walk around with a little kid the entire time.
orrr... he has to get a refund for his gamestop pre-order of Halo3:ODST and put it towards a craigslist ticket for me to go. which would be lame. =(

--DANNY-- on

• Options
    ReverendJynxedReverendJynxed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Take his ticket :P

ReverendJynxed on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    That is cold man...

But exactly what you should do.

Note there is a NEED A TICKET thread where you can use your anguish to feed some actually constructive result out of your reaction. Get to it.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Might want to go check out this thread if you're looking for tickets.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=95428

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But that would make too much sense and no one would feel bad for him.

ReverendJynxed on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But that would make too much sense and no one would feel bad for him.

You're right.
    LOGIC AND REASON BE DAMNED!

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Lets not make a catastrophe of this thread in advance of its locking please.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    --DANNY----DANNY-- Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    well, being that $30 isn't going to buy me a ticket from anyone...

i've given up hope which is why i've posted a random rant rather than a "i am offering like $30 LESS than what everyone else is offering for a friday pass! if interested and you have a spare one that you want to sell for hte same price you bought it for, please contact me" post. because it wouldn't do any good.

and LOL at ReverendJynxed's post. but how could i live with myself if I deprived a game-loving 13 year old of his dose of PAX? lol

--DANNY-- on
  • Options
    NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Teh symp@thi3s, I can haz none.

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well in all seriousness he'll be deprived of something. No ride, or no chaperone, or no halo.

ReverendJynxed on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    --DANNY-- wrote: »
    but how could i live with myself if I deprived a game-loving 13 year old of his dose of PAX?

The way I see it, you deprived him of PAX by not pre-ordering your ticket.
    How can you live with yourself?
    o_O

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay I seriously don't want to offend anyone but I keep seeing posts about people who are upset that Pax sold out and they didn't get a ticket. This is directed at every single one of them, and not just you. If it was really that important to you, you would have bought your pass in the spring. With ticket numbers being limited this year did anyone really expect it to not be sold out?

There should be ONE thread for people who are desperate because I'm getting annoyed with having to sift through posts like this. Oh wait, we do. It's right here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=95428

I'm sorry but I don't have any sympathy for this.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't think he's asking for sympathy. Certainly not sympathy from you, specifically. I think he's venting.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    MeetTheHeavyMeetTheHeavy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    --DANNY-- wrote: »
    I've been SOOO STOKED for PAX!
    totally have been planning to go on Friday...
    i've had the cash but not in my bank account and I don't have a car.
    so.... today. i go online and double check to make sure the friday tickets aren't sold out online yet...
    and i leave... to walk 4 miles to my bank =(
    i deposit the cash...
    walk back...
    get on the computer (and i had to pee extremely badly.. but i put it off because i'd rather pee my pants than not get my pax pass)...
    go to the paxsite.com and then the registration page...
    to my relief, it doesn't say "SOLD OUT" next to "Friday"...
    ahhh a sigh of relief!
    i slink back into my computer chair while casually clicking the "Register Now" button.
    click continue, only to see.....
    FRIDAY PASSES ARE SOLD OUT!
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    and then after a few minutes of foul language at the computer screen and throwing an emtpy MtDew can across the room, i go back to the paxsite.com registration page... and it doesn't say "sold out"... they tricked me... totally hadn't updated the main site's registration page =(

so now i have legs that hurt from walking 8 miles in the heat, can't go to pax (i'm gonna be out of state on sunday), and now my plans to totally look like Frank West from Dead Rising with the nice camera and everything for going to PAX are down the drain =(

better luck next year i suppose.

my 13 year old brother gets to go, but I (20 yrs old) don't. (he was smarter than me and had his tickets purchased way in advance)...

AND sucks to be my brother now though, because i was his ride... so now being in a sour mood, i might not even want to have to drive an hour to seattle to drop him off and then drive an hour back home while sulking and wishing i was there, only to drive an hour back at 3am to pick him up and then drive an hour back home... 4 hours of driving... every second of which i will be thinking of one thing... "i won't be at pax"

lame-sauce.

anyone else care to share a similiar story?
    maybe we can start a under-privileged PAX non-visitors support group

edit: totally just noticed the worst part of it!
    my little brother (Nick, age 13) who is going... definitely won't have the parent's approval of going if I can't be there with him...
    so now i have to hope one of his friends or one of my friends, or someone we actually know, is also going and willing to walk around with a little kid the entire time.
    orrr... he has to get a refund for his gamestop pre-order of Halo3:ODST and put it towards a craigslist ticket for me to go. which would be lame. =(

Just a note- there's tons of people on my facebook group looking to sell 3-day passes, try buying one?

MeetTheHeavy on
    16404.gif
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    We all feel bad for you, but maybe LiveJournal is the place for this kind of thread, because this is not.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.