As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, by the way. $300/hr was when we were dealing with less people.

To extend the party another hour officially, we have to spend 25% of the food/beverage minimum, which is $625. That means $6.25/person if there's 100 people in the room at that point. Which there won't be.

Ultimately I think we're probably going to "officially" end the party at 11. 3 hours is a long time, especially on Sunday when people are already pretty exhausted and ready for sleep.

But the Taphouse stays open later; people could still play pool if they pay for the tables, and eat/drink whatever they want on their own dime. If people want to hang out, that could and almost certainly will happen, even though the party will "officially" be over. I don't know how I'll feel after running a party like that for 3 hours after PAX, but... who knows?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So if we've already spent megabux on drinks before 11, that doesn't count as far as keeping the room later? Because I plan on buying several, but I'm not waiting until 11 to start. :)

Also, I can donate a KOS-MOS figure for the raffle. Not in mint condition, as one of the pegs broke off the stand, but the remaining peg does the job.

cheez on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    11 does seem a bit early. 6.25 per person is pretty low per person, though like you said it will be a bit higher. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope we don't have a lot of people leaving early. I want this awesome party to last a while.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't think it will be an issue, either way I say we stay until they kick us out! :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I honestly don't know if I'll be any good to anyone by 11:00, after 20 hours on the PAXtrain and 3 days of PAX behind me.

You guys might have to carry me out of the restaurant.

Arco on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    I honestly don't know if I'll be any good to anyone by 11:00, after 20 hours on the PAXtrain and 3 days of PAX behind me.

You guys might have to carry me out of the restaurant.

I know the feeling, I haven't been able to reschedule my departing flight, so I'll have to be leaving the hotel at like 3:30 in the morning Monday to make it to the airport on time for check-in.

Jetlag and no sleep, here I come!

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco, did you ever get a reply about the projector hookups?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh yes! I did!

Component, composite, or VGA.

Arco on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WOOOOOOOOOO!! SOLD OUT! :D

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Everybody should go vote on the console poll, located here. I need to know what you guys want for consoles. I'm paralyzed by indecision.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just a reminder for everyone that it would be a good idea to follow the PPPD on Twitter during the expo. I'll be updating that when I'm available for people to pick up their party packets, and with any other important information, like where to come if you're volunteering consoles, if people want to come down early and help set up, etc. It's just generally a good idea, and it's by far the easiest way for me to reach out to you guys.

I'll also give out my personal Twitter, but I won't be updating that expressly for the dinner.

@PPPD09
    @JacePro

Also, vote in the console poll here. It's looking like the SNES and N64 are going to get dropped. If you feel like that's the worst idea ever, better vote.

Also also, I found this little gem from last year's PAX:

IMG_0099.jpgIMG_0092.jpg

It's a necklace with the ubiquitous questgiver "!" on it! So I'll be wearing that at the party. Direct any questions to "the dude with the "!"."

Arco on
  • Options
    ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Voted.

Twitter is giving me trouble with following people at this very moment in time (I'll try again when I get home, hopefully it will be fixed by then). >_<

Arco that necklace is dope. +1. :)

Shiggles on
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sadly i cant get twitter on my phone so that option is out for me.

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If anyone who has a ticket ends up being unable to come, I'm looking to buy one. Send me a PM!

Sadly I was out of town and deprived of internet until yesterday, and missed my chance.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arco if the Taphouse has a place I can store my bag I can just bring the SNES/N64 and make a setup were were we can swap consoles in like a minute. Or as long as the composite slots are free on the projector we can just hook it up and see if anyone uses it.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Arco if the Taphouse has a place I can store my bag I can just bring the SNES/N64 and make a setup were were we can swap consoles in like a minute. Or as long as the composite slots are free on the projector we can just hook it up and see if anyone uses it.
    That's certainly a possibility. I don't anticipate the composite ports being taken up by anything, if the Wii and 360 are both using component.

Arco on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey Arco; what hotel are you staying in? I'm a technonoob and haven't got a smartphone yet, so I won't be participating in the twitter shenanigans. My two roommates will, most likely, and we're all attending the dinner, so I expect at some point one of us will pick up our packets.

So yeah, which hotel are you in? Now is the part where you say "Grand Hyatt"!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sheraton. We're pretty close to each other. ;)

Speaking of the packets. They're made. Raffle tickets, bracelets, and other stuff inside.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    Sheraton. We're pretty close to each other. ;)

Speaking of the packets. They're made. Raffle tickets, bracelets, and other stuff inside.

Awesome. Is the other stuff awesome? Please tell me it is Arco?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hey arco im at the sherry to. :)

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I have 2 roomates and at least 4 friends who are registered for the Post PAX Dinner Party and staying at the Sheraton. We should get together sometime before the event for some pre-post-pax-partying. :D

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I have 2 roomates and at least 4 friends who are registered for the Post PAX Dinner Party and staying at the Sheraton. We should get together sometime before the event for some pre-post-pax-partying. :D

I would definitely be in favor of this. I'll broadcast my room number via Twitter as soon as I know it. ;)

Arco on
  • Options
    SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If anyone here has a extra ticket to this event and would like to sell it. I'm interested in buying it off you.

Send me a PM with your offers

Senicks on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It is simultaneously awesome and a major bummer that people are beating down the door to get in to the PPPD. More space next year, I promise!

Arco on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ahoy PPPD attendees! If you're on the PAXtrain you've likely run into me either in the Observation Car or the Rock Band room down below. If you haven't, I have a nametag and forum badge on to identify myself.

I will be handing out party packets to all train riders attending the PPPD at the Seattle station when we arrive. Spread the word and come find me when we get into Seattle. Don't leave before you find me!

Arco on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    dagnabbit! i knew i was forgetting something

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've got to find you sometime Arco. Are you in BYOC?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Negative. Currently I'm chilling in my room, thinking about taking a nap. The only other thing on my schedule today is pinball and drinks at Shorty's around 10:00 tonight.

775-342-3564. Text me or whatever.

Arco on
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arco, will there be any way to just show up at the PPPD with our receipt and grab the packet there? I didn't see you handing any out at the station, not for want of looking, and won't really be in or around the hotels at all.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, sorry about that. For some reason my sleep deprived brain thought the train station would be a great place to set up and hand out 100 little envelopes. Clearly I was wrong. So I Tweeted out about it and bailed.

It would make my experience at the party a LOT easier if you guys get your packets from me before the PPPD on Sunday. I don't want to constantly have to dig through my bag for envelopes if I don't have to.

If you want to get your packet from me, call or text me. 775-342-3564. I'll tell you where I am and we can figure it up. People have dropped by my hotel room, I've met people where they were at PAX, and people have come to where I was at PAX.

Arco on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmm... I hope you don't mind me meeting you at the Taphouse for my packet at the time of the event. There is a small lobby inside the building where you might be able to hand things out if there's a lot of people to collect their things.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    CurtDoggCurtDogg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, I'm gonna be stuck in Seattle until about 3am tomorrow morning, so if anyone can't make it and wants to sell me their ticket, please text me at 510-304-5697.

CurtDogg on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So, I think the party went over okay. I dunno. I'm still pretty drunk.
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Arco on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    EPIC SUCCESS.

I'm very sorry for forgetting the name of the Enforcer who supplied Rock Band, but that made the party so much more awesome. Thank you.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arco, I think it's safe to quote GLaDOS here "I'm making a note here, huge success!"

It was an awesome way to cap off an awesome weekend.

It must be done again next year, I'd consider it a moral imperative.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GREAT SUCCESS!

An awesome way to end the weekend, Arco. Ten thousand thank yous for putting it all together; playing guitar/drums for Rock Band while the whole room sang along and applauded was a gigantic slice of awesome.

Also, the enforcer brought what now? Someone's forgotten the first two rules of Taphouse Club.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Who brought what to where? My memory of that night is fuzzy.

Arco on
  • Options
    AkialynAkialyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Another big thanks to Arco for organizing the Post Pax Dinner Party Party Dinner. It was a lot of fun and help extend PAX just a little bit longer so we didn't have to admit that it was done. Great job, the venue was a little small but being in a room of 100 people singing the portal song in unison was AWESOME!

Akialyn on
    -Akialyn
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I did not hear the warning during the event, I apologize.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The event was AMAZING. An incredible way to cap off PAX. Good on you Arco for organizing it all.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
This discussion has been closed.