As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Facebook] How do I view only wall posts?

NibbleNibble Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern
My Facebook "news feed" is so polluted with random status updates and messages about how some person I don't even remember adding has sent me a Flaming Moe or has discovered that her inner Disney Princess is Anastasia that I can never find any posts that friends have made on my wall. If I want to find them, I actually have to go into Gmail, search for the person's name, then find the notification email and click on the link to go back into Facebook and view the wall post in question.

Is there any way to return my Facebook to the classic look, or at least filter out the wall posts from all the other crap?

sig.php?id=178
Nibble on

• bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Click on profile (then Wall if necessary).

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The top right hand corner of each post in you news feed has a Hide button. You can hide a person entirely or just whatever application/quiz/game they made a post about. It's pretty awesome.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As far as I know, there isn't a way to view only wall posts. If you go click "More" at the bottom of the list under the facebook logo on your news feed page, there are different things you can play with--whatever's dragged to the top is what you will see every time that the feed page loads. I put Status Updates as the top one and got rid of all that other stuff.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yea, just spend a few minutes over a couple days "hiding" the types of posts you dont want to see. There are only so many quizzes and whatnot out there, so soon enough you will only see the "important" stuff and only have to hide things again once and awhile.

Shurakai on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The top right hand corner of each post in you news feed has a Hide button. You can hide a person entirely or just whatever application/quiz/game they made a post about. It's pretty awesome.

My mom (believe it or not) does this all the time. Plays farmsville, yoville, mafia wars, mob wars, etc... I just click, hide "Mob Wars" or whatever.

urahonky on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hah, does she ever give you crap for playing video games?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If your using Firefox there is a script for Greasemonkey called UnFuck Facebook that tears out alot of that spammy crap.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If your using Firefox there is a script for Greasemonkey called UnFuck Facebook that tears out alot of that spammy crap.

you just saved me so much time
    i love you

Local H Jay on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's a pretty badass. Now if only Chrome had a version of Greasemonkey or GreaseKit

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Interesting.

UnFuck rearranged my entire FaceBook page.

Last night I created a script and uploaded it whose sole duty was to remove status updates with the word "MAFIA", "PIMPING" or "inthemafia" because one of my friends is addicted to that shitty game and uses her Status Update as a fucking billboard for it. God damn. I didn't say anything but my sister finally spoke up (After defriending her only to have her refriend her a minute later) and I said let me handle it.

It's still a work in progress, and no where near as neat as UnFuck, which I will be looking at closely. But here you go if you want to try it.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56673

Now to see what i can do with UnFuck...

Edit: WTF? Did this thing just automatically deny all the requsts I had stored up in my sidebar? Dammit! I was saving them so I could see how high the number would go! I was up to 13 "other" requests! God dammit! Now my life is meaningless!! /Sarcasm

Jasoco on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jasoco wrote: »
    Edit: WTF? Did this thing just automatically deny all the requsts I had stored up in my sidebar? Dammit! I was saving them so I could see how high the number would go! I was up to 13 "other" requests! God dammit! Now my life is meaningless!! /Sarcasm

we are twins, except I am not being sarcastic.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Either was I, but I figured someone would be like "Chill out! It's just a website!"

I was hoping to get that number up really high as a point to all the people sending me all the requests, but it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. I am liking the cleaner look and the two column option (With a tiny tweak to the CSS to make the feeds list two columns to save space). Plus I changed my font to Helvetica Neue with Stylish and it looks much nicer.

Jasoco on